• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,927 comments
1636905830918.png

The Snail Sunday Scoring Sheets for Nov 14 have been prepared

Is Max going to keep his cool today? Give a
iu
if you think "yes" Give a
iu
if you think he's going to mess it up. (I'm surveying your thoughts, not your feelings...
iu
)

The Snail Sunday Scoring Sheets for Nov 14 have been prepared

Is Max going to keep his cool today? Give a
iu
if you think "yes" Give a
iu
if you think he's going to mess it up. (I'm surveying your thoughts, not your feelings...
iu
)
Well, love him or hate him, Hamilton defied expectations. I figured third, maybe second would be in reach, but nothing short of a perfect drive earned a win. Great race, and glad to see some action return to F1.

Hosts should start the night's racing at the scheduled time. The only reason to delay the start is to sort connection issues for those that were in the room on time or to give someoen who was in the room on time their 3 minutes to return to the lobby.

I saw your league in the public rooms and joined in hopes of finding a way to join the league. I want to join so I can become a better driver by racing with other respectable drivers.
@Sush1_Samurai

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add zer05ive, JLBowler, nmcp1, Rednose58, MajorBlixem, SAMHAIN85 & llNovall as participants.

The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on November 14, 2021

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. Timlour ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 93 (110.34 for Prize A)
  2. MikeGrove --------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 87 (103.22 for Prize C)
  3. gatordaryl -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. Yugofan ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
Division 2
  1. no1needs2perish --- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 95 (77.29 for Prize B)
  2. Canoworms1 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. EvoSpec10 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - BMW Z8 2001 (SS) at Goodwood Motor Circuit - 16:30 Cloudy (11 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @Timlour wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - NISSAN GT-R NISMO 2017 (RH) at Fuji International Speedway - 06:15 Clear (9 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @Rob Brown gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @MikeGrove so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and/or tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select must not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in a draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to choose the Integra Type R as your car selection, post "Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '98". If you want to select Monza for your track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". Being specific helps us to update the lineup accurately and also helps avoid any confusion among the drivers. Also, please be sure to list the HP and Weight (LBS) of any car you select. For track selections, include the time of day (e.g: 09:00 Clear) or else it will be left to default.

Car Selection Guidelines
See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines

Last edited:
90C2CCA0-D70D-45E0-AAD1-305D22556FEA.jpeg
Prize Car Pick:

Ferrari 458 GT3 Gr.3

Mid Division Lap:
1:41.00

Story behind the pick:

My prize pick was inspired by my current FIA Manufacturer’s Cup car choice. The sweet livery gives this pick a double meaning for me, because I placed it on the car a few weeks before my rabbit hole deep dive into NASCAR & Indy Car American racing history. I’m all in with my passion for oval racing now. I have loose plans to push for a fun oval career when I eventually get into iRacing. The next round of Manu later tonight is also at Blue Moon Speedway.

The car has been awesome all Manu season, & I have greatly enjoyed the ‘experience’ of driving a Ferrari competitively in Gran Turismo. The handling requires a very delicate touch on the pedals, with a healthy dose of respect at the corner exit. The car understeers A LOT when you apply the throttle. Gentle braking technique works best imo. My fastest lap was a 1:37.751 during my brief prize test. I typically prefer 0 for my ‘qualifying pace’ brake balance with the tire wear off, or set low like SNAIL settings; however by the end of the race on Sunday, I may feel the need for -1 or -2 for extra rear end stability. This car is not easy to drive quickly at full sprint pace, but adjusting brakes forward to -3, -4 or -5 will make the car feel less scary.

How do you all feel about the Greddy Fugu? I'm curious what more experienced people think about it. I ran the same race with the fairlady Z and the greddy fugu, both untuned. The difference between the two makes me wonder if the fugu is almost a little cheaty? Driving the fugu, it felt like I could drive circles around the fairlady Z.

How do you all feel about the Greddy Fugu? I'm curious what more experienced people think about it. I ran the same race with the fairlady Z and the greddy fugu, both untuned. The difference between the two makes me wonder if the fugu is almost a little cheaty? Driving the fugu, it felt like I could drive circles around the fairlady Z.
The Fugu has a few extra horses and is about 900 lbs lighter than the Fairlady Z, plus some wider tires and minor aero improvements. So your experience is fairly accurate I would say.

Sunday, November 21, 2021 Lineup
November 2021 Season - League Night #3
1. NISSAN SKYLINE GT-R V・SPEC (R33) 1997 on SM Tires @ Tokyo Expressway - South Inner Loop - 09:35 Clear - (6 Laps)
2. TOYOTA 86 GR.4 on RH Tires @ Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa+Miyabi - 10:00 Fine Weather - (6 Laps)
3. FERRARI 458 ITALIA GT3 2013 on RH Tires @ Fuji International Speedway - 06:15 Clear - (9 Laps)

Details

I have a couple newbie questions for you all. Are there currently friday races under way, separate from the sunday races I see posted about the most? I'm reviewing so much content, there is lot of info to take in. If so are we able to join in the friday runs before hearing back on our time trial submission?
And an etiquette check, do you discuss lap times here in general? For example, I'm close enough to the avg 2nd tier time on the upcoming skyline sunday race that I want to go all nerdy out about my lap times. It's my first time going for this on any sim so I'm a bit excited.

I have a couple newbie questions for you all. Are there currently friday races under way, separate from the sunday races I see posted about the most? I'm reviewing so much content, there is lot of info to take in. If so are we able to join in the friday runs before hearing back on our time trial submission?
And an etiquette check, do you discuss lap times here in general? For example, I'm close enough to the avg 2nd tier time on the upcoming skyline sunday race that I want to go all nerdy out about my lap times. It's my first time going for this on any sim so I'm a bit excited.
@llNovall is the gentleman to speak with if you are interested in what this community has to offer on Friday.

He manages the Friday series below.

Last edited:
Back