◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,840 comments
Anyone have any solutions for sim rig/chair sliding on hard floor while racing? I moved from a place that had carpet so this wasn't an issue before now. My chair doesn't have wheels, but the feet are smooth plastic. The feet on my rig are a smooth rubbery plastic material, it holds better than my chair but still moves under hard braking.

I tried Gorilla non-slip rubber furniture pads, they worked great for all of 5 min before they started peeling themselves off my chair and rig, leaving me with a gooey adhesive mess on all 8 feet for me to clean up. :banghead:

Any help or advice would be great :D
Try rubber washing machine anti vibration feet pads, they held my diy rig in place and only cost about 20 bucks and last forever.

Last edited:
That's actually a pretty good idea. Attaching them together would work. I don't have any tie-down straps, but maybe I can MacGyver something. If all else fails then I guess I finally have a reason to own some tie-down straps haha
Any kind of strap or belt running from the bottom front legs of the chair to the bottom rear corners of the rig along the floor would work. Several zip ties strung together? Then when you pickup the chair you can pull them apart easily. When you sit back down just put the chair legs down through the looped material and you are good to go.

I’m using a Velcro strap to hold my pedals down to my rig.

Last edited:
I have read the first post and would like to join.
Heard about this through one of your drivers.

I'm smoove
@Smoove_cuda

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add zer05ive, JLBowler, nmcp1, Rednose58, MajorBlixem, SAMHAIN85, llNovall & Akzl298
as participants.

The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL

D2 Scores and votes recorded.

I had a similar situation while running a practice lobby. I went for a smoke and when I got back everyone had exited. When I found them again they said I just disappeared, so I think it was somehow connected to my connection and maybe not just my cache. And I did notice at Spa you had some serious lag. There was a time when I was behind you and in my world you jumped behind me, then way out front, then right in front of me. I do know my internet will, at times, perform way below it's norm.
I see the same thing just about every time I am around @racingchamp30 on track. Ranging from slight jitteryness to teleporting backward and forward on the track. The first few times, I posted in the lobby chat about it. Nothing was done so I just get used to it and try and avoid it when I see it.

View media item 2540
This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!

The IR Submission Form is now closed.

We have 1 incident on file. Target deadline for reviews is NLT 10PM Eastern on Friday, April 21, 2017.

Banner by @GamingPete

@Rob Brown @Nicktune @Phlano099 are all clear to make their selections and will be included in a conversation that will contain instructions and deadlines.

Anyone have any solutions for sim rig/chair sliding on hard floor while racing? I moved from a place that had carpet so this wasn't an issue before now. My chair doesn't have wheels, but the feet are smooth plastic. The feet on my rig are a smooth rubbery plastic material, it holds better than my chair but still moves under hard braking.

I tried Gorilla non-slip rubber furniture pads, they worked great for all of 5 min before they started peeling themselves off my chair and rig, leaving me with a gooey adhesive mess on all 8 feet for me to clean up. :banghead:

Attaching the two separate pieces in some way would make a big difference. Straps are a good idea and fairly cheap. In prior rigs I have used wood with holes for the chair feet, the other end secured to pedals. Mass would help too. I have used a rusty 25lb barbell plate at the base of my pedals. Sandbag or couch behind the chair?

As others have said, connect the two pieces together. Something rigid would be preferred to keep the distance between the two constant but straps to keep them from moving away from each other could also work.

I would add a small piece of carpet with some anti-slip material or a rubber backed rug of some kind to go under the rig. This would protect the floor under the rig. I know if I scratched my nice floor, the wife would have a fit and you don't want anyone having a fit about your hobby. If you're the only one looking at your floor, you may not want to add the carpet but it is a very inexpensive add-on. You could probably find a remnant piece of carpet and the anti-slip material for under $20.

D2 Scores and votes recorded.

I had a similar situation while running a practice lobby. I went for a smoke and when I got back everyone had exited. When I found them again they said I just disappeared, so I think it was somehow connected to my connection and maybe not just my cache. And I did notice at Spa you had some serious lag. There was a time when I was behind you and in my world you jumped behind me, then way out front, then right in front of me. I do know my internet will, at times, perform way below it's norm.
Hopefully this won't be an issue come GT7.

Unless we get dedicated servers for all lobbies, very highly unlikely, connection issues and lag will continue to be a product of the individual's internet connection. As long as we have a P2P network for the game, this will be the case.

From the main menu on gtsport, click on discover. Replays. In the search menu (I believe it's all the way to the right) in the search field, type the above mentioned key, and click on the replay that shows up. From that, you can confirm your replay time for the IR you want to submit.(https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1WQw7aLuyYRiLMy8vcuJ8UgJYMReeyypLwttV6eOGtbo/viewform)

As a Steward, we do not entertain a post calling out another driver. (All I saw was combo *, race %, lap♧, driver !×@%/^)

Submit a report with the above link👍
Thank you just trying to do the right thing
Unless we get dedicated servers for all lobbies, very highly unlikely, connection issues and lag will continue to be a product of the individual's internet connection. As long as we have a P2P network for the game, this will be the case.
Moral of the story …don’t smoke kids lol . I smoked for over 20 years don’t mind me !!

I used nylon straps with buckles to make loops on my rig and would then stick the wheels of my office chair in them.

Prize A:
Alsace - Village II 19:30 clear
Lamborghini Diablo GT ‘00, N600 571 hp, 3285 lb, RH, mid-div 2:04 means 7 laps.

After testing 6 cars never driven in GTS for SNAIL, I have come to a clear choice! To me, this is the essence of the kind of cars that Gran Turismo is all about.
802BCB7A-B0D1-47D7-BA6F-040502A34B17.jpeg
7F85A486-71AF-4E0D-B425-D5BFCCA72A46.jpeg
Those times are in time trial mode, so not what I used for Diablo. I ran laps in lobby. Mid div 2:04 is good. D1 will see low 2:01.x

Last edited:
It's a good thing for me that GT7 is dual platform. First, I can't find a PS5 to buy and second, I just spent to much hobby money on a new set of irons. For those here that play golf, I just ordered a brand new set of Callaway Apex DCBs. Took the two hour drive to my fitter today and tried anything and everything he had. These things are awesome. I'm carrying the 7 iron 194 on average. My last set was good for the last four years and the new ones will add quite a bit of distance and control to my game. Already a high single digit handicap and hoping these will be the tools to get me under a 5. We will see once the good scoring weather comes around this year. I got down as low as a 6.6 last year and hoping to have a low this year around a 3. Some day I will put the practice in that is needed and approach scratch golf.

Last edited:

About to go live

Well, I'll be owning that puppy come Mar 4th, in some form, depending on my PS5 acquisition success. :) My favourite part was the VW tuning segment. In high school I, and 4 of my friends, had VW Bugs. Mine was perfectly exemplified by the untuned version and my buddies by the tuned version. Ah, the loss of speed going up a gentle rise in the road, brings back memories.😂

And car washes and oil changes? I'm happy with the present situation...magically done by some mythical elves. :lol:

Hi everyone!!! It's been a while but I'm trying to get back in the swing of things. Not racing for 2 years has slowed me up a bit. Anyway, I want to race with you all for GT7 so are y'all just carrying this over or do I wait to join...again? Sorry if this has been addressed.

Bowler...my golf game is on though...haha

Last edited:
I am so happy that the music will be synced to the replays. That was a long overdue enhancement! Thanks PD and Kaz.
There's music in GT outside of the menus? Never noticed after I shut that all off.

Not to say I don't like the smooth jazz/lounge/trance soundtrack. I really do. It's just that when I'm in the car there's work to do. You put your face on and get the job done. Then later you pack one up and turn up the hifi. :lol:

The two modes i am looking forward to the most is Cafe and Music Rally. Music rally is what i am most excited about on top of playing on the tracks. Will be fun to drive on the original tracks Snail been racing on and see the changes PD has done.

I'm making a wild guess for the Dallara at Interlagos. 1:15.000 Do not disappoint me.

I think the Diablo is going to be received with mixed feelings. My advice is to take it easy and be smooth. Stay out of the ditches.

Sunday, February 6, 2022 Lineup
February 2022 Season - League Night #2

1. PORSCHE 911 GT3 (997) 2009 on SS Tires @ Circuit de Spa Francorchamps - 16:45 Clear - (6 Laps)
2. LAMBORGHINI DIABLO GT 2000 on RH Tires @ Alsace - Village II - 19:30 Clear - (7 Laps)
3. SUPER FORMULA DALLARA SF19 SUPER FORMULA / HONDA 2019 on RM Tires @ Autódromo De Interlagos - 09:30 Clear - (13 Laps)

Details

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I'll be owning that puppy come Mar 4th, in some form, depending on my PS5 acquisition success. :) My favourite part was the VW tuning segment. In high school I, and 4 of my friends, had VW Bugs. Mine was perfectly exemplified by the untuned version and my buddies by the tuned version. Ah, the loss of speed going up a gentle rise in the road, brings back memories.😂

And car washes and oil changes? I'm happy with the present situation...magically done by some mythical elves. :lol:
That part was awesome, but tbh I was a bit confused by the demonstration.

Things they changed:
-Customizable ECU
-Air Intake Filter
-Exhaust Manifold
-Brake Calipers

Yet, somehow the tuned VW reached 150mph down the Brands Hatch straight, while the stock reached an expected 80mph.

Also, in the stats, it said something like 480bhp that is then modified to 502bhp. So idk, just confused. Is that 480bhp from prior tuning that they didn’t show us, but then demonstrated an actual stock VW on the left?

That part was awesome, but tbh I was a bit confused by the demonstration.

Things they changed:
-Customizable ECU
-Air Intake Filter
-Exhaust Manifold
-Brake Calipers

Yet, somehow the tuned VW reached 150mph down the Brands Hatch straight, while the stock reached an expected 80mph.

Also, in the stats, it said something like 480bhp that is then modified to 502bhp. So idk, just confused. Is that 480bhp from prior tuning that they didn’t show us, but then demonstrated an actual stock VW on the left?
The VW in the presentation appears to be engine swapped which opens up a lot a possibilities.

Only PD would take almost 5 minutes talking about the sky but no word on AI. Oh and the almighty music rally, classic PD weirdness here,

All jokes apart, already called my day off for march 4th, it feels like we got a complete GT game this time.

Tbh I was a bit disappointed in the state of play video. Looked like the only real world track addition was Daytona. There was little to no mention on improving the ai for single player. I think the music in sport is terrible and have the music turned off so the music feature doesn't really excite me. I saw what looked like a newer gr3 Ford but there are quite a few gt3 makes that are in the real world series but haven't made it to gt. Then maybe I heard incorrectly but they made a point of saying the dynamic weather could be set up in single player mode..I hope I'm wrong but I was left unsatisfied after watching the video.

Tbh I was a bit disappointed in the state of play video. Looked like the only real world track addition was Daytona. There was little to no mention on improving the ai for single player. I think the music in sport is terrible and have the music turned off so the music feature doesn't really excite me. I saw what looked like a newer gr3 Ford but there are quite a few gt3 makes that are in the real world series but haven't made it to gt. Then maybe I heard incorrectly but they made a point of saying the dynamic weather could be set up in single player mode..I hope I'm wrong but I was left unsatisfied after watching the video.
I’m with ya Fud. In attempt to not be interpreted as an old bitter codger, I employed the subtle use of sarcasm in my comment about the music sync replays in my recent post, in hope upon hope that those who know me, would get a good chuckle. In actuality, I’m crying. Considering sending myself flowers to cheer up.
Weird video. Guess I’m not a visionary in thinking that improving FFB should come before music and clouds.

Back