◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,844 comments
Once they back fill me and I can move into my new position at work, maybe then I'll be less stressed and can endure the soul crushing defeat that is Sunday nights.

A bad day at the race track beats a good day at work :D

(unless you're me and racing is your work :))

It is realistic. Just about every car on the road has some sort of anti skid, electronic stability control, traction control, LSD or something to make the cars drive better. Turning everything off is unrealistic.

Just my thoughts

I guess there is some validity to that. You could argue that there are also mechanical differences that are unaccounted for like Live Axle vs. IRS. I know from experience that the IRS in a certain bowtie-badged muscle car handles better than a certain blue ovaled Live Axle car. (Spoiler Alert: Which is why that certain blue ovaled car will be recieving some minor "tuning" for the next generation) This isn't portrayed very accurately in GT5.

I don't think the rules will be changed anyway so it doesn't much matter.

I guess there is some validity to that. You could argue that there are also mechanical differences that are unaccounted for like Live Axle vs. IRS. I know from experience that the IRS in a certain bowtie-badged muscle car handles better than a certain blue ovaled Live Axle car. (Spoiler Alert: Which is why that certain blue ovaled car will be recieving some minor "tuning" for the next generation) This isn't portrayed very accurately in GT5.

I don't think the rules will be changed anyway so it doesn't much matter.

Blue oval badge used to be IRS when it had a snake emblem :sly: Why did they "undo" that anyways?

1999 is "before your time"? ...I feel old, again!

Born in 1985 and been working there since I got out of school. I have never asked about the IRS but if I had to guess, it was to keep costs down. Testing is being done with the IRS currently but it is pretty much a done deal. Don't be surprised if a turbo or two makes it in there as well.

Edit: Sorry about your age dilemma.

It is realistic. Just about every car on the road has some sort of anti skid, electronic stability control, traction control, LSD or something to make the cars drive better. Turning everything off is unrealistic.

Just my thoughts

No, most cars built after 2009(?) have those features, but most cars on the road are not that new. I have a 2003 and it has no electronic aids, not even ABS.

Ohyes, because we haven't done any of the RM Lotii before. And it isn't like we don't already have two other racing cars in the line up, let's add a third. And the old Fairladies are available anytime. We need to hop on the Lotus while it is hot.

I can't make Sundays, but clearly I'm not missing anything.

Nor the sarcasm, as well. (this is me, calling the kettle black...)

Thanks for the positive contribution to the conversation, Vol.

Well done.

Sorry for the work stress, I understand. But...

Hey, for what it's worth, one of the great parts of SNAIL for me has always been finding out what and where we're running each week and how to race it best. No matter what it is it's exciting because it's probably something I'll never have done, otherwise.

Just my thoughts

I disagree because yes street cars have them but most everyone when they go to the track turns them off. The first thing I do with any street car is find that button and kill all the aids. Yes there have been race cars with traction control and ABS but in most cases they don't have that. Formula 1 did for a while but not anymore. If you look at the types of racing that did have traction control they were the types where engineers were trying to figure out how to get around the grey areas. SNAIL is about who can drive the best and who has the best racecraft. If it wasn't it wouldn't have spec cars. Aids make it less about the driver and more about the car. Of course there's a learning curve that everyone has to go through which is why D5 allows some aids. If you can't figure out how to drive without them then just ask for help and I'm sure you'll get it. My offer is still on the table to anyone who wants any coaching. Just send a PM.

Your Steward Report for the Week

Division 4

ImToLegitToQuit / ImToLegitToQuit
  • Level 1 - 2 Points and one week probation.

socalnatv / Sandblazter
  • Level 1 - 4 points. Halved to 2 for on-track concession. One week probation.

These changes affect the final standings.

Full final results can be found here.

***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, just PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***

Last edited:
I won't be able to make it to practice tonight. Could someone do me a favor please and watch what kind of lap times people ae putting down so I know what to shoot for? Thanks.

I won't be able to make it to practice tonight. Could someone do me a favor please and watch what kind of lap times people ae putting down so I know what to shoot for? Thanks.

I did these times alone in the lounge last night, so not sure if they are meaningful:

Eider: 1:11 low
Fuji: 1:36 hi
Cape North: 1:23 flat

These are repeatable times, not necessarily my fastest. What are others doing?

I did these times alone in the lounge last night, so not sure if they are meaningful:

Eider: 1:11 low
Fuji: 1:36 hi
Cape North: 1:23 flat

These are repeatable times, not necessarily my fastest. What are others doing?

Eider 1:12's-1:13's
Fuji: 1:37's consistent
Cape North: 1:25-1:28, inconsistent.

Some actions pics from D2

SuzukaCircuit_zps30fcb63a.jpg

FujiSpeedwayGT_zps20f16e0f.jpg

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_2_zpsc8b53c83.jpg

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_1_zps07aac6b8.jpg

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_zps7280729c.jpg

FujiSpeedwayGT_1_zpsfe779de1.jpg

Planning to clean put my videos and pic on the phone. Once I do that. Expect some sorta of video here and there. If time allows maybe weekly.

question:
was there ever been week in SNAIL history with empty "Your Steward Report for the Week" No incidents? :D Almost there only 2 this time 👍

Since starting the steward "network" perhaps 4 or 5 months ago, there have been perhaps 3 weeks with no incident. However, at the time there was only 3 divisions. Since we have gone to 5 divisions, I do not believe we have had an incident free Sunday.

Since starting the steward "network" perhaps 4 or 5 months ago, there have been perhaps 3 weeks with no incident. However, at the time there was only 3 divisions. Since we have gone to 5 divisions, I do not believe we have had an incident free Sunday.

Nice 👍

Back