◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,840 comments
I'll probably have time to break in 1 of the 2 new cars before tonight's practice races. As long as I can get a feel for the car it shouldn't be a big deal.

I suspect mucho slide action at cape ring. It took me about five laps just to get around the track haha. Going to be a fun one; I feel bad for anyone who races Sunday on no practice.

I did. And found out just how bad a driver I was. Still not very good, but better than I was then.
You didn't start with the easiest stuff...It pays off in the end though.
You progressed a lot in a small amount of time. 👍
//
The elise on eiger is so much fun! Momentum is really important... If you loose 3kmh in a turn, it cost you half a second at the end of the lap.I think we can see a fastest lap time around 1:09.6 in D1 (no draft).

Only three or four seconds off d1 time, not too shabby

Edit: was it you I was practicing with last night? I'm having trouble getting through the last two windy turns, I feel like I could be in the 1:11 range if I could figure those and the last turn out

You didn't start with the easiest stuff...It pays off in the end though.
You progressed a lot in a small amount of time. 👍

Thanks. I pestered the he!! outta of a couple of drivers for tunes and studied replay tape a lot trying to find out how on this planet or any other world, you all were so much faster than I am. I wore R1600Turbo out. I had no idea he was one of the 2011 GTA 16 back then. For that matter I didn't even know there was a GTA until about midway through that series.

The elise on eiger is so much fun! Momentum is really important... If you loose 3kmh in a turn, it cost you half a second at the end of the lap.I think we can see a fastest lap time around 1:09.6 in D1 (no draft).

1:09?:scared::crazy::dopey: OMG you super aliens never cease to amaze. My best so far is a high 1:12, and when I mean high, I mean practically a 1:13. And, that was chasing Owens around for a few laps.

Only three or four seconds off d1 time, not too shabby

Edit: was it you I was practicing with last night? I'm having trouble getting through the last two windy turns, I feel like I could be in the 1:11 range if I could figure those and the last turn out
Yes it was me.You can find a lot more time in the downhill section...If you get the first sector high 28/low 29 (28.7-29.3) you're heading for a good lap.Push harder the car can take it.

Wait we have a driver in snail who was actually in the top 16 on the show? Did I understand that correctly?

I don't think R1600Turbo is in SNAIL. We do however, have a few of the 2012 GTA USA top 32 in SNAIL. Not sure which, if any, of them made the top 16 and went to Silverstone this year. They all race in D1. Sorry Gents, I just blew your covers. It just had to be done. :sly: ;)

He was this year yes? Went to Silverstone too?

I think all the SNAIL drivers that made the top 32 in either year should stand up and take a bow.

Dragonwhisky
He was this year yes? Went to Silverstone too?

I think all the SNAIL drivers that made the top 32 in either year should stand up and take a bow.

He went to Silverstone this year. Sorry for blowing your cover dude- it's my job.

Effin Suhweet! Grats to Veloci. Hope you had fun while you were there. Looking forward to seeing the show when it airs in November.

He went to Silverstone this year. Sorry for blowing your cover dude- it's my job.

LOL. we coulda tracked him down from here

Myself and several others answered the call during the finals in SD when Wardez sent it out.

Dammit, I wanted to keep that on the DL. Yea, it was a blast, and if anyone can, they definitely should give it a shot to get in. Even if you do horribly like I did, you still get to have a great time with some great people :)

Dammit, I wanted to keep that on the DL. Yea, it was a blast, and if anyone can, they definitely should give it a shot to get in. Even if you do horribly like I did, you still get to have a great time with some great people :)

That must've been such an awesome experience! Once in a lifetime type stuff. Congrats! :bowdown:

I'm really looking forward to the show in November. I hear there was an exciting last race.

Which network is showing it? SPEED perhaps? That'll be must see TV for sure!

EDIT: Just googled it. SPEED it is. 👍

zer05ive
That must've been such an awesome experience! Once in a lifetime type stuff. Congrats! :bowdown:

What network is it broadcasting it? Speed perhaps? That'll be must see TV for sure!

Spike tv has it this year. Speed tv's days are numbered. Unless some other network conglomerate picks it up.

If it wasn't before :crazy: it should be now 💡

I watched last years and was totally in to it. Seeing how everyone progressed was interesting 👍

The practice rooms are officially open! If you're assigned to Division 1 or Division 2 (or you placed in the top 5 of Division 3 this past Sunday) please join the BLUE ROOM:

1472-6118-3744-3754-0416

Everyone else, please join the RED ROOM:

1472-6399-8880-6893-8206

good news guys, I got done with my homework early and I'm headed in for some practice. Thanks to everyone who posted their times for me!

Back