◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,840 comments
you know what they say "win prize B, choose the car". the impreza is just a favorite of mine and have been waiting to win to choose it. the FF's are terribly slow, but you are right they do usually provide close races

I'm not talking about your choice; the Impreza is great. I just wonder the criteria by which people vote. I know sometimes there are combos that just aren't great (R8 @ Deep Forest) but almost every single one of the FF combos we had produced a whole lot of close racing, yet they're gone after one race. I know the standard complaint, understeer, but that rings really hollow to me. I guess I just don't understand the disconnect between the desire to have close, competitive racing and the hatred of FF's.

what's the verdict on tires for the 2 new cars? sport soft for the impreza i assume. and for the S2000 racing hard or sport hard? i wanna run some laps

Sport Mediums.

The problem with "close racing" is not everyone is on the same page. It typically causes more complaints and crashes. I know I have been a victim of extremely close racing. It's fun until you get punted and finish last.

Great car choices this week!

FF is a platform in my opinion best left to young drivers and family cars. Does not belong on a track.

That's my opinion. I do not and will not own a FF car in real life either. So you can almost bet that I vote FF when one is picked. However last week. I wanted rid of Autumn Ring and voted for it instead. ;)

I'm not talking about your choice; the Impreza is great. I just wonder the criteria by which people vote. I know sometimes there are combos that just aren't great (R8 @ Deep Forest) but almost every single one of the FF combos we had produced a whole lot of close racing, yet they're gone after one race. I know the standard complaint, understeer, but that rings really hollow to me. I guess I just don't understand the disconnect between the desire to have close, competitive racing and the hatred of FF's.

Personally, I just plain don't enjoy driving FWD cars -- in real life or anywhere else. It's a matter of preference I guess, but a strong one. They're a somewhat depressing design compromise where the front wheels do everything and the rear wheels never even get warmed up enough to be effective for the 2 seconds a lap that they're valuable. I think I would probably enjoy them more if we could drive them with only rear brakes. I'll still enjoy racing with my fellow SNAILs on whatever we choose though, just less so on FWD 👍

That said (and I hope this isn't considered blasphemous), I usually vote for my 2nd-least favorite when it's obvious that my least favorite combo will get the most votes to protect my favorite :)

FF is a platform in my opinion best left to young drivers and family cars. Does not belong on a track.

That's my opinion. I do not and will not own a FF car in real life either. So you can almost bet that I vote FF when one is picked. However last week. I wanted rid of Autumn Ring and voted for it instead. ;)

I think the BTCC and Grand-AM would disagree with the first statement. Audi might disagree as well.

good point, the BTCC is awesome. but we're driving grocery cart FF's ,not racing FF's usually

I don't really consider the Civic Type-R, Fiat Punto Abarth, or the Ford Focus ST "grocery carts". The Atenza, maybe, but there are definitely some FF's in game that are much slower.

I typically just vote for the combo that I finished the worst in, unless another stands out for some reason.

…though sometimes I also vote for second worst…

I always vote for the combo that I disliked the most. Which is generally the one that stays, and the one i like the most gets voted off.

I always vote for the combo that I disliked the most. Which is generally the one that stays, and the one i like the most gets voted off.

That generally happens to me as well....was surprised to see the one I voted for last week actually did get the boot :lol:

dabneyd
I'm constantly at a loss as to why FF's consistently get voted off quickly, yet they produce some of the closest races.

I bought one and can dupe it for you on Friday. I'm sure someone else can before that though.

Thx Dabney... Just purchased it.

I gott be honest I'm super excited for all the combos this week, very good handling vehicles, should make for some clean and close racing.

LMAO...nice Tez. Now you have planted a "bad" seed. Good job. :)

Well, I do that if I've enjoyed all three combos. If there's one that I just couldn't stand at all, then obviously I'd vote for it. But if I couldn't split them, then I look at which combo produced the least amount of passing chances and vote for that one, lol

@zer0 and Stewards - your input is required in the steward's forum. We need to look at getting a Track Expert to define track boundaries for each track. Should be a steward.

My choice is the Honda S200 R1 (OCD), going around the Twin Motegi Road Course (DLC)

i see that i ended up winning 2nd prize so i choose to replace the Mazda Atenza with the Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI '10

Thanks to dangerzone and iroquois for making their Prize A and Prize B selections! I know this is a bit later than usual, but..

..the November 18th lineup has now been posted!! :gtpflag:

If you haven't broken in your Impreza in yet, get started now so that it's done in time for tonight's practice races! (good thing the Amuse S2000 R1 doesn't need to be broken in!) :D

Back