◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,845 comments
Yeah. That's out of bounds. That's what I meant by
Just keep it in the lines and you should be well and good…this includes, of course, the big spiral turn at Cape Ring.

Yes, avoid going more than 2 wheels outside the white lines/curbs. The big part about going outside of those lines for some reason is "...not to gain an advantage..."

So if you are drafting, and that extra speed pushes you up into the red part of the track, and you pass someone... well... that's an advantage.

I got super ninja'd.
Anywho, to further what Handlebar said. its a pretty safe bet, that if you do end up off line and 4 off, if, for the duration of your trip off track, that you stay off the gas, then you wont have an issue with stewardship. This is for incidental off tracks though. ones where you miss a brake point or something as such.
The people that get in trouble are the ones who miss a brake point, take a trip, full throttle, through the grass, or chicane, bounce off a car, and proceed on like nothing was wrong. Or the people whom repeated cut through an out of bounds section of track, lap after lap.
Conceding a position and/or letting off the gas as a situation dictates will go a long way in keeping you penalty free.

It is also probably worth mentioning that if you do go 4 off, you must not impede any other cars in the process of returning to the track. If you were at the head of a train of cars, you'll likely have to let them all by before re-entering.

Last edited:
Sorry for the super-late notice, but I'm not racing tonight; I'm just not feeling well.

While I know you are all in the heat of battle and having a blast I have a cautionary tale to tell.

All week I seemed to be struggling at the Cape Ring. I was watching fellow guys in D4 lapping over a second quicker. I could just not figure it out. I had broken in the car, was on the right tires but was doing 1:36.5xx. Little did I know my car only had 80 miles on it. Now I remember breaking it in so no idea what happened. But the moral of the story is that after breaking it in again I dipped into the 1:34.9xx's. So if you ever wondered what a 10 pp difference makes, well for me I gained 1 second a lap at the Ring in the Lexus. Your mileage may vary.

If you want to be competitive I suggest breaking the cars in:)

While I know you are all in the heat of battle and having a blast I have a cautionary tale to tell.

All week I seemed to be struggling at the Cape Ring. I was watching fellow guys in D4 lapping over a second quicker. I could just not figure it out. I had broken in the car, was on the right tires but was doing 1:36.5xx. Little did I know my car only had 80 miles on it. Now I remember breaking it in so no idea what happened. But the moral of the story is that after breaking it in again I dipped into the 1:34.9xx's. So if you ever wondered what a 10 pp difference makes, well for me I gained 1 second a lap at the Ring in the Lexus. Your mileage may vary.

If you want to be competitive I suggest breaking the cars in:)

It hasn't to be like this. At least, this is not what I'm looking for. I want a skills challenge. The winner must be who drive better in the race, not who one drives the car faster.
Just my opinion.

After you break you car in you have to save, or trigger a autosave. If you quit a b spec race mid race, it will not save, and no break in.

After you break you car in you have to save, or trigger a autosave. If you quit a b spec race mid race, it will not save, and no break in.
Yea I know that. Not sure what happened but no big deal.

Anyone who still needs to fill that racing fix head to

1472-6118-3787-3247-7108

I always force save after breaking in a car. I've lost too many miles to what I thought was an autosave to risk it anymore.

Great racing in D1 tonight, with some great driving by Gator, Owens, Speed, Gumball, QuietStorm and others (just can't remember everyone's name.)

This SNAIL stuff is legit. Great fun and a great challenge. Most of all, these guys race clean and fair, and that makes the experience extremely enjoyable.👍

I'm not in for next weekend but will let you know when I'll be able to battle again :) Cheers,

Nick

New qualifying procedure worked well. I like it.

It didn't work at all for me at Daytona....I got absolutely smashed into while waiting for my turn to go by the person behind me. They just blasted out of the pits and didn't brake at all :(

New qualifying procedure worked well. I like it.

Agreed. Though, we may run into trouble in the future when (d * 10) >= L, where d is the number of drivers and L is the average lap time. I started qualifying first at Cape Ring, and nearly caught up with the last driver to start. I guess we could just split into 2 groups again in that case.

Nah. Then we just reduce 10 to 8 . . . or 7. 10 is well more than enough and 7 has worked in the past.

Very.

Sorry to see you have such connection issues, Kuul.

Yea i mean, i was racing soo good that im susprised to see how good i have become. but it really sucks that i had never been able to complete all races.
and im kinda tired of the stupid problems i have.. and almost the same thing happen last month.. couldn't race 2 weekends 👎

Nah. Then we just reduce 10 to 8 . . . or 7. 10 is well more than enough and 7 has worked in the past.

True. A worst-case scenario of a full room on a combo with a ~1 minute lap time would still be a problem though -- if it ever happened.

Great cooperation in D2 tonight with the new qualifing procedure.👍
It took a little longer than it should have but next week will be better. I like the new qualifing procedure and all in all it works.

Ice_Warden , thanks for the help tonight and sorry to everyone if my scoring took a little longer than kcheed. Thats what happens when you use an Abacus instead of a laptop:lol:

Again , a close points finish!👍

Oh ok. And how does it work?

Everyone enters the track and pulls out of the pit and lines up one behind the other at the first turn. Each racer will start their qualifing in 10 second increments.
Example: Ice_Warden is first in line so he will start at 1:10 , then the next racer in line will start at 1:20, next racer will start at 1:30 and so on after that.

If , by chance you go off the track and the person behind you is near , you need to wait for that person to pass and you just might have to wait for everyone behind you to pass. Please reenter the track safely and try not to disrupt others during qualifing

Ok I don't know how to do points but I did capture qualifying positions and finish positions. As well a list of votes. Here they are.

Daytona :

Qualifying-
8395E898-5900-484D-9D24-73F396003C05-8642-000007BBC07A0DD3.jpg

Race 1 -
1ACE7268-4330-465A-BBCE-2CBC93335918-8642-000007BBC91B63EB.jpg

Race 2 -
F1D9331D-E698-430B-9D63-9F6A8F3BB063-8642-000007BBD0AAF9BC.jpg

Nurb GP/F :

Qualifying -
ACE7B1BD-22BD-443E-9422-2D6D3A542A65-8642-000007BBD814C298.jpg

Race 1 -
44923733-D2AE-490A-8D6D-CF056B7975FE-8642-000007BBDE592BFE.jpg

Race 2 -
DAD1D6B1-C512-4A10-85B1-D78DEBEADDBE-8642-000007BBE94E908C.jpg

Cape Ring :

Qualifying -
5BA0BC0A-EF24-4727-AC5E-718CCDE54A82-8642-000007BBEEDD960D.jpg

Race 1 -
28E7C94D-9D57-472D-9B0B-EE0B60773C7A-8642-000007BBF47484BB.jpg

Race 2 -
F0FABC51-BE56-4379-BC8F-B84E6B642174-8642-000007BBFBBA9632.jpg

And finally the Vote for track-
99D54ED1-61A4-4062-B5A9-270AB8B2BA0C-8677-000007C23FDA00BC.jpg

Everyone enters the track and pulls out of the pit and lines up one behind the other at the first turn. Each racer will start their qualifing in 10 second increments.
Example: Ice_Warden is first in line so he will start at 1:10 , then the next racer in line will start at 1:20, next racer will start at 1:30 and so on after that.

If , by chance you go off the track and the person behind you is near , you need to wait for that person to pass and you just might have to wait for everyone behind you to pass. Please reenter the track safely and try not to disrupt others during qualifing

Well i always leave space to avoid problems..
in fact tonight i did it, leaving space. but then i was close to COUNT and had to wait him get away to do my lap again cuz' we were about to crash hehe
(it was on cape ring :sly:)

Ok I don't know how to do points but I did capture qualifying positions and finish positions. As well a list of votes. Here they are.

Thanks for doing that! Had I known both dabneyd and bowler wouldn't be racing tonight, I would have gotten you access to the google doc we use to keep score. Again, thanks for helping out! I was about to make a post to see if anyone in D1 kept track of the results. Much appreciated!

Latest Posts

Back