◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,843 comments
Appreciate you gathering all that Owens! I didn't know we didn't have a so called "official" for points and what not till mid way through our racing.

Great racing in D1 tonight, with some great driving by Gator, Owens, Speed, Gumball, QuietStorm and others (just can't remember everyone's name.)

This SNAIL stuff is legit. Great fun and a great challenge. Most of all, these guys race clean and fair, and that makes the experience extremely enjoyable.👍

I'm not in for next weekend but will let you know when I'll be able to battle again :) Cheers,

Nick

Glad you enjoyed it! Too bad JoeyA and JoeyB couldn't make it to battle with you tonight, but congrats on the impressive win! I just tallied up the results provided by OwensRacing and you had the highest score out of everyone tonight. 👍

That means that in all likelihood you'll get to pick the new car and track combo for next's weeks December season opener! If it proves to be a popular combo, it'll survive next week's vote and remain on the lineup so that you can race it the week after. :)

I would like to complain that the racing in D2 is too close for us to ever win Prize A dammit!

Kidding!!!!

Seriously, after 2 combos, if I remember right, there was 1 point separating the top 4 drivers. That's just awesome. Great racing from all the folks I went wheel-to-wheel with tonight. This was definitely one of my favorite weeks to be a SNAIL. 👍

Last edited:
Here are the official results from our league night on November 25th, 2012

Click here for detailed results and statistics

Division 1
  1. Forcednduckshn ---- voted to eliminate Round 1 Wins Prize A (scored 93 points)
  2. gatordaryl -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. SPEED14231234 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. QwietStorm03 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. GumballCGT -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. OwensRacing ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 1
  • JoeyFast22 -------- DNR
  • hillracing -------- DNR
  • dabneyd ----------- DNR
  • jlbowler ---------- DNR
  • albtifosi --------- DNR
  • VELOCI_2NR -------- DNR
  • Nic-KL ------------ DNR
  • mrjones_80 -------- DNR
  • TSR_KOSMIC_CAN ---- DNR
  • SPOLTY ------------ DNR
  • ADR_BRONCO -------- DNR
Division 2
  1. BerdiyevA --------- voted to eliminate Round 1 (scored 79 points)
  2. DrKronin ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. kendawg198 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. wackylatino ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. tcrash15 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. AG07WRXTR --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. Ice_Warden -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. Drrgreenthumb67 --- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. AJK-VAIL ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. Oshawa-Joe -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  • kcheeb ------------ DNR
  • GTP_PaulMac ------- DNR
  • racefan78 --------- DNR
  • Whitey093 --------- DNR
  • GTP_pilmat -------- DNR
  • Turbo91stdcivic --- DNR
  • Soren535 ---------- DNR
  • SPIDERMANLOL1 ----- DNR
  • A_Higher_Place ---- DNR
Division 3
  1. GTP_BeRandom ------ voted to eliminate Round 3 Wins Prize B (scored 86 points)
  2. zer05ive ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. RAM_SAM ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. spooble ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. tezgm99 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. Apmaddock --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. ChuthuluGoat ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. Schmiggz ---------- did not submit a vote
  • Luv2Coach --------- DNR
  • NashNGW ----------- DNR
  • Maxime0911 -------- DNR
  • Astrias ----------- DNR
  • rallywgn81 -------- DNR
  • moi_2212 ---------- DNR
  • NCemtB ------------ DNR
  • ravy1316 ---------- DNR
Division 4
  1. dangerzone641 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1 Wins Prize C (scored 91 points so he would have won Prize B, but there is a limit of one Prize A and Prize B per month)
  2. GTP_mike46an2 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. Sandblazter ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. Wolfsatz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. weaver-2009_ ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. cmbeal317 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. Skills_19657 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  • lifesagamble420 --- DNR
  • NateD29 ----------- DNR
  • GTP_SGPracing ----- DNR
  • RidgelineDiv ------ DNR
  • Da_Panda_Bear ----- DNR
  • Vol_Jbolaz -------- DNR
  • jobyone ----------- DNR
  • ZohsixGT5 --------- DNR
  • whatbadgerseat ---- DNR
  • II-NOVA-II -------- DNR
  • donconater -------- DNR
  • sudmanster -------- DNR
Division 5
  1. zxxCOUNT210xxz ---- voted to eliminate Round 3 (scored 86 points)
  2. SCREAMING_CHIEF --- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. GranStand_Bill ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. Handlebar-Man ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. codeblue111 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. KuuKriine --------- did not submit a vote
  8. iroquois-- -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. Driftin_Assassin -- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. g-MachineREX ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  • Jfin07 ------------ DNR
  • luckyluc93 -------- DNR
  • cosasquez --------- DNR
  • Solbergg ---------- DNR
  • Sirhankysur ------- DNR
  • canuckleheadII ---- DNR
  • iceandspice ------- DNR
  • THRASH_46 --------- DNR
  • DRaKeWiLD --------- DNR
  • the2armedmen ------ DNR
  • OUTLAW---666 ------ DNR
  • sunnypuff --------- DNR
  • jboy32 ------------ DNR
  • jrumley ----------- DNR
  • Priest8 ----------- DNR
  • TeNsE_PwNdZ ------- DNR
  • AyoManny1 --------- DNR
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
ROUND 1 - Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STI '10 @Road Course - Daytona

Therefore it has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since Forcednduckshn wins Prize A, he gets to decide which car and track will replace it.

The round that received the second most votes was:
Round 3 - Lexus IS F Racing Concept '08 @Cape Ring Periphery

Therefore, either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since GTP_BeRandom gets Prize B, he gets to decide which is replaced and what replaces it.

Price C goes to dangerzone641 so he gets any gift car ticket listed here.

Last edited:
Wow... Prize B!

Tonight everything on track just went extremely well for me. Thanks for the awesome racing in D3. While the stewards do their thing, I'll start thinking about my choice.

The OCD is available this week, right?

Mostly Lotus of various flavors (including the sublime '62 Elan...), British Lightweight themed.

Ok guys, I'm back this week, so Standard Car Thursday's (ESCarGoT) is back as well! The results from the last session (11/15/12) are up, and please notice that there are a lot of empty spots on the grid. If you're available this Thursday, please show up and race. It's a laid back enviroment, it's lots of fun, and you get to race with cars you wouldn't normally get to drive!

I would like to complain that the racing in D2 is too close for us to ever win Prize A dammit!

Kidding!!!!

Seriously, after 2 combos, if I remember right, there was 1 point separating the top 4 drivers. That's just awesome. Great racing from all the folks I went wheel-to-wheel with tonight. This was definitely one of my favorite weeks to be a SNAIL. 👍

There is a limit to how many Prize A & B an individual driver can win a month perhaps to be fair and to get more people selecting events there should be a limit to how many each division can win in some time period.

There is a limit to how many Prize A & B an individual driver can win a month perhaps to be fair and to get more people selecting events there should be a limit to how many each division can win in some time period.

There is, Count.

1 of A or B per month per division.

So close just a single mistake ( e.g. missing a shift) and you would loose 2 or three positions:yuck:

Great racing Dr........ you were always at the right place at the right moment:tup:

Kidding!!!!

The OCD is available this week, right?

Mostly Lotus of various flavors (including the sublime '62 Elan...), British Lightweight themed.

I bought all the OCD cars and there are a few I would love to race. I agree the Elan would be great but also like the v8 esprit gt:)

Glad you enjoyed it! Too bad JoeyA and JoeyB couldn't make it to battle with you tonight, but congrats on the impressive win! I just tallied up the results provided by OwensRacing and you had the highest score out of everyone tonight. 👍

That means that in all likelihood you'll get to pick the new car and track combo for next's weeks December season opener! If it proves to be a popular combo, it'll survive next week's vote and remain on the lineup so that you can race it the week after. :)

Thx Zero! Sim Racing is a blast and super challenging; and it's just fantastic when you get fast guys together that know how to race. I was able to break the cars in this week using bspec, and I got about 20 laps of practice for each combo prior to racing (don't have time for more than that unfortunately.). I was particularly impressed with Gator's qualifying pace, he continues to improve and climb towards alien status, as I knew he would with time and practice. There was also great pace displayed by many other guys in the room. It was a very strong lobby and I really had to focus to get the strong finishes. Breaking in the cars was a massive help, lol. I look forward to more battles and hopefully Joey A and B are online with me next time too. 👍

I have some good ideas for combos. Mine will likely be unconventional, but challenging and very fun. :)

Actually, that's how we did it not too long ago. For example, click here and read the note at the top as well as the comments next to the D4 and D5 winners' names.

The main problem with that format was that I felt it was unfairly penalizing drivers who happened to be in a division that got to select a prize early in the month. Case in point, if we used those rules during the November season, everyone in D5 would have be assured of having no chance of winning a prize, regardless of how well they performed.

That would have meant that you would have never had the opportunity to win the Prize B that you won after last week's races. Of course you have been okay with that, but I'd prefer that everyone goes into any given Sunday night with a chance to win a prize if they perform exceptionally well. Of course, that excludes the drivers who've already won Prize A and Prize B that month.

Perhaps a hybrid of the two formats is possible? Something that wouldn't limit who can win (if they haven't already) and also help evenly distribute the prizes more evenly among the divisions? If anyone has any ideas, please share!

You know what I REALLY want to change?

Instead of dropping your worst night of racing out of 4, I would love to drop my lowest 6 race finishes. This is equal to one night and would help people who may have rough outings at certain venues or get taken out every now and then.

You know what I REALLY want to change?

Instead of dropping your worst night of racing out of 4, I would love to drop my lowest 6 race finishes. This is equal to one night and would help people who may have rough outings at certain venues or get taken out every now and then.

Or missed 2 races from a disconnect.

The problem with that is that a system where you allow people to drop one of the 2 races for a given combo on a given night introduces the potential that, near the end of the month, for example, a driver might gain an advantage by throwing a race he knows will be dropped to start on the front row for the following race.

If we're going to do something like what you guys are suggesting, I think we would have to drop the worst combos, not races.

It would all even out. You can only drop 6 out of 24 races. It would be effective for everyone so the results would be even for everyone.

Even though I don't suspect anyone would actually do it, I just don't like the idea of the potential situation where placing lower confers an advantage. Reminds me too much of Olympic badminton, I guess.

I just hate being involved in incidents that are out of my control, finishing near dead last and then winning a few races on the same night only to get a mediocre points total for the night. I still got some wins or podiums but the night won't count due to unfortunate events. Even if I filed a complaint, I won't get counted for a win. The offending driver gets penalized but it doesn't help a driver who got punted.

It would also help big time with Disconnects like Oshawa experienced.

I see alot of upside for everyone. Even the loophole you mention would even out because people who consistently finish well will get even higher points totals. Tanking a race on purpose still doesn't guarantee a win.

Back