◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,805 comments
Success!!!

At first I thought that it may have recorded with lots of lag and skipping, since that is what the way it played back on the computer. But, it played bad in two different ways on two different players. So I figured I would try uploading the video to youtube, figuring my computer just sucks to much to play it. I was right. steams smooth off youtube.
Now to start recording all these replays I've been saving for this occasion and moving them to the mac for editing and upload. That is going to take a while. I may need an external hard drive for this...
Expect some past d3 coverage, cat and mouse highlights, and other random bits of racing and tom foolery in the future!

DriftinAssassin
Can someone reply to my Friend Request so I can join the guys in d1?

I checked d1 about 15 minutes ago and didn't see an fr from you? Just checked again, maxed out on friends. I cleared a name and sent you the fr. Sorry for the delay.

Success!!!

At first I thought that it may have recorded with lots of lag and skipping, since that is what the way it played back on the computer. But, it played bad in two different ways on two different players. So I figured I would try uploading the video to youtube, figuring my computer just sucks to much to play it. I was right. steams smooth off youtube.
Now to start recording all these replays I've been saving for this occasion and moving them to the mac for editing and upload. That is going to take a while. I may need an external hard drive for this...
Expect some past d3 coverage, cat and mouse highlights, and other random bits of racing and tom foolery in the future!

Excellent, unless you have a relatively high end PC, doing playback while recording will be choppy, as you found out. When I was using an underpowered PC I disabled the preview, made the PC behave better while recording. Could actually use the mouse, lol.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Multiple sadness... I most likely will not be racing this Sunday. The subdivision where I live is almost 75% second homes and usually unoccupied, but with the holidays, most of them are full of bandwidth robbing pukes...:crazy: I seemed to be lagging a bit on Wednesday practice and after checking our plant status, we are at almost 100% saturation and my speed and ping are in the weeds for the moment. I don't want to wreck the night for anyone so I will be back on the grid the week after!! Good luck all!

Hi guys, I've just got myself a T500rs and TH8 shifter which I love using in 'H' pattern mode with the clutch. Although its much more realistic its obviously slower and I'll be at a huge disadvantage racing online against others in sequential mode or using paddles. Are there still race nights for 'H' pattern manual shift drivers??

I don't think that's been run for a while, but as long as you use your clutch and shifter every time you can still run on Sundays, you may just be in a different division than you would be with the paddles.

I don't think that's been run for a while, but as long as you use your clutch and shifter every time you can still run on Sundays, you may just be in a different division than you would be with the paddles.

I generally run what the car comes with myself. Be it clutch, pedal, although, I guess if a car only comes in auto, I would still run manual.

Hi guys, I've just got myself a T500rs and TH8 shifter which I love using in 'H' pattern mode with the clutch. Although its much more realistic its obviously slower and I'll be at a huge disadvantage racing online against others in sequential mode or using paddles. Are there still race nights for 'H' pattern manual shift drivers??

As Apmaddock mentioned, you can race with us using an 'H' pattern manual shifter as long as you're consistent about using it. In other words, if you run our time trial qualifying using it, you'd have to keep using it unless you want to re-qualify without it. This is just so that you continue to provide close racing in the division you're assigned to. 👍

JazzNine
Whoa there the FC and the fireblade in one night? It's my fault for not checking into this more often but damn.

Oh yeah, the FC is surprisingly a fun car to drive at Nurb GP/F and should promote close racing.

Don't take it personally, but I like the car but not the combo, meaning the track is not a good one for a 'slow' car; I think this car would do much better like in Madrid / Reverse, Cape Ring Inside, or such tracks.

Oh yeah, the FC is surprisingly a fun car to drive at Nurb GP/F and should promote close racing.
sounds like you changed your mind;)

Interesting S.N.A.I.L. Facts

Over the course of a year S.N.A.I.L. has had 196 different drivers, that have raced 252 times on 82 distinct Car/Track Combinations. We've raced 56 different cars on 42 unique tracks.

For those of you that think we're running out of things to do, consider this.

To date, GT5 has 71 tracks, that leaves us 29 tracks to choose from...
:cheers: S.N.A.I.L.'s

I went through the list of combos, and excluding tracks on snow or gravel, or tracks over 10 miles long (issues for qualifying), it looks like the following courses have not been run in SNAIL (per the document, at least... Only cmbeal knows for sure...):

Kart Space II
Autumn Ring Mini / Reverse
Cape Ring Inside
London (std)
Madrid Mini
Madrid Mini / Reverse
Eiger short /Reverse
Grand Valley East
Grand Valley East / Reverse
High Speed Ring / Reverse
GreenValley Speedway / Reverse

Excellent, unless you have a relatively high end PC, doing playback while recording will be choppy, as you found out. When I was using an underpowered PC I disabled the preview, made the PC behave better while recording. Could actually use the mouse, lol.

Looking forward to seeing more.

I was using an old laptop with a crap motherboard. Today i took the time to get my high end desktop going. AMD graphics card, ASUS motherboard. Quad core Intel processor. This thing is more them enough. But i had some virus issues. So its been dormant. I've been waiting for our move, then i was going to build an arcade style race rig using the pc and the ps3. Seems i found a reason to fix the comp a little sooner. I'll be getting some videos up after the new year. Got lots of beer, friends and family to take up my time at the moment.

Back