◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,813 comments
Quick question. As work tapers off on the house (i think I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, could just be a reflection though) I'm getting ready to start coding. So I have a question. How many of you watch netflix on your computer? I ask because I want to get a feel for how many people already have silverlight running on their pc, and netflix its one of the biggest users of silverlight.

My kids watch Netflix on the computers when they can't get on the PS3. What are you coding?

A new color/number chart. People can go in, enter their color choice and number and it will log it and tell them of a possible conflict if someone else is running the same. I'll probably just use standard java. But I haven't played with silverlight, and we are starting to switch to a time tracker at work that is running on silverlight.
Btw, one more question. I'm at an impasse. Should I start piecing together my trips and motion rig or should I start piecing together the rebuild/turbo build on my rx7? The build costs will probably run the same, and enjoyment/use the same as well. Well. Rx7 may be higher when I start factoring in speeding tickets. Ugh, dilemmas.

Quick question. As work tapers off on the house (i think I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, could just be a reflection though) I'm getting ready to start coding. So I have a question. How many of you watch netflix on your computer? I ask because I want to get a feel for how many people already have silverlight running on their pc, and netflix its one of the biggest users of silverlight.

Welcome to the 21st century... we watch netflix in our Tablets / I Phone / I pod / PS Vita / PS 3.

Computers are so old school. :ouch: I guess some may watch on their computers while at work when their sys admins don't block it. LOL

I guess most users that use IE x may already be running silverlight; but if I was you I would just stick to Java. Java seems to be the dominant force.

Its a shame the vita is 3g. Bad move sony, bad move...
I guess you make a good point though wolf. Which is why I asked.

Its a shame the vita is 3g. Bad move sony, bad move...

What really killed it is the expensive memory. Even now a 32 Gig is $100. When a mini SDCH is under 20.
However, when I am at home and the TV is busy, still a nice powerful device; and some good games are relatively cheap.

I practiced in the blue room last night. And I have to say, all the guys that were way in front of me (I got smoked) were very helpful and courteous. I hope to improve on my driving and I hope I didnt get in anybodys way.👍

I practiced in the blue room last night. And I have to say, all the guys that were way in front of me (I got smoked) were very helpful and courteous. I hope to improve on my driving and I hope I didnt get in anybodys way.👍

Brave man, you are.

What are you coding?

A new color/number chart. People can go in, enter their color choice and number and it will log it and tell them of a possible conflict if someone else is running the same. I'll probably just use standard java. But I haven't played with silverlight, and we are starting to switch to a time tracker at work that is running on silverlight.

Rally, that sounds sick! Keep us posted on your progress! :drool:

hooker4

Glad you were able to join in last night 👍

Remember, you were racing people in D4 and D3 depending on who showed up, don't lose faith :)

S.N.A.I.L.s are a very helpful bunch, if you, need, want or don't understand something, ask away!

June 9, 2013 lineup:

ROUND ONE
Pontiac Solstice Coupe Concept '02 (Sports Hard tires)
@Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca (6 laps)

Solstice_Laguna_zps8250aeb4.jpg

ROUND TWO
BMW 135i Coupe '07 (Sports Medium tires)
@Rome / Reverse (8 laps)

135_Rome_zps8a22a4d1.jpg

ROUND THREE
Acura NSX RM '91 (Racing Hard tires)
@Nürburgring GP/D (7 laps)

nsx_nurbGPD2_zps51a26ed0.jpg

I think the BMW/Rome combo is one of the better combos in awhile. Lots of grip and close racing.

Jeeeez, tell me about it!!!:dopey:

Snailers, tonight at 10:00 (7:00 PAC) there will be another event of PP CAP racing. You know the drill... get four cars with four different drive train displacement (FF, FR, MR and AWD). The four cars together can't have more than 1875 performance points, put'em on the track at DIV3 room and have a blast. COME ON!

Last edited:
What were some of the lap times in the red room. On rome? just wondered how I compared to some of my fellow div 5 drivers. my best was 1:21.625

Just a heads-up to everyone: Looks like I won't be making the races this weekend. I'm going to be seeing relatives out of town. I'll also miss the festivities on the 23rd. I should still be able to fulfill my duties as D3 steward both weeks.

Announcing the June Lineup for S.N.A.I.L. SPEC Racing​

The Drivers List has been updated with Promotions and Relegation's for the month of June.

I'm proud to say we've set a S.N.A.I.L. land speed record for Promotion and Relegation 👍 With the excellent work done by all the people involved in the S.N.A.I.L. data world, zer05ive and I were able to git 'er done :) This month had a little less movement than prior months due to a little more stability in our numbers. I like that!

I'd like to point out there's no clear cut formula for getting promoted or relegated. We take into account a number of factors to determine candidates for promotion and relegation. Once we've identified the drivers, we analyze the data at our disposal and make sure the people being moved fit into the Division they're being moved to. Then we pull the trigger :dopey:

Some of the criteria for being ELIGIBLE to be promoted or relegated are:

1. Points for the month
2. How many drivers are in each division.
3. Race pace
4. Individual Lap Times
5. How you compare to other racers in your division and the division you're a candidate for.
6. Number of times you've raced that month.
7. How cleanly you've raced this past month.

Why do we do this?

1. To get you involved in races you will be racing in, not just driving.
2. To incent you to improve your driving and racecraft.
3. To give you something to strive for.
4. To make it possible for you to have fun playing GT5.

We want you to be in good, close, clean racing 👍

If you have any questions or concerns about promotion or relegation, feel free to pm me. I'd be more than happy to talk to you about it.

N.B. If you were promoted or relegated and don't have access to the lounge you're assigned to for the June season, please send a PSN Friend Request to the appropriate SNAIL_DivisionX account. If for some reason your Friend Request is not accepted, let us know!

Cheers and good racing all!

kcheeb

[FlakJacketOn]

Congrats to all the promotions.
D Panda Bear is now officialy a SNAILIEN! :bowdown::bowdown: You have gotten faster and faster.

D3 shall start with a new season on the FUN side! Awesome and welcome to the bliss division.

socalnatv / Sandblazter - Promoted to Division 3
albteman015 / albtifosi - Promoted to Division 3

Iroq is back in D4 after driving circles around D5. 👍 Good job to Edwin too.

Can I relegate myself? These D1 guys are too fast for me. Plus, I'm about to start to use my wheel again and will be even slower for some time.

Adventuruss
Can I relegate myself? These D1 guys are too fast for me. Plus, I'm about to start to use my wheel again and will be even slower for some time.

Now that's funny right there. One of the fastest in D1 saying he can't keep up. Maybe you're slower on the wheel?

Where is my Gold Star?

You've been bad, we had to take it down :)

Seriously, my apologies!

Again, not sure how it was missed, your birthday is 3/18/2012 clearly over a year ago.

S.N.A.I.L.s please join me in welcoming the latest addition to the S.N.A.I.L. one year club 👍

Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat

:cheers:

2757024032.png

Now that is a little more like it! I'm thinking we either had the old houses service or our old service transferred here at any rate, last night the internet went down, this morning I called and had to reactivate it. Now its much faster. I'm going to re-run the line inside, that might bump it up a knick or two. Still not 50, but it did say "up to 50." Maybe I can mess with them until they redo the outside line too...

Anyone interested. Nurb Nord at 9pm EST (4.5hrs from this post)

Car:

FR-S
BRZ
FT-86

Comfort Softs

Some one lap races then possible 3-4 lap race.

Div 1 Room or Open Lobby will post when up.

You've been bad, we had to take it down :)

Seriously, my apologies!

Again, not sure how it was missed, your birthday is 3/18/2012 clearly over a year ago.

S.N.A.I.L.s please join me in welcoming the latest addition to the S.N.A.I.L. one year club 👍

Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat

:cheers:

It's a conspiracy against us, Goat....I think the bigwigs are purely Star Wars fans ;)

Anyone interested. Nurb Nord at 9pm EST (4.5hrs from this post)

Car:

FR-S
BRZ
FT-86

Comfort Softs

Some one lap races then possible 3-4 lap race.

Div 1 Room or Open Lobby will post when up.

Im down for this Owens. Might run a little late but I'll try to be there! 👍

What really killed it is the expensive memory. Even now a 32 Gig is $100. When a mini SDCH is under 20.
However, when I am at home and the TV is busy, still a nice powerful device; and some good games are relatively cheap.

The reason I didn't get one is because of price. It's a nice piece of hardware

Back