◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,851 comments
I do not want see anymore alcoholic beverages on here no more I go to AA meetings and this is not helping me out lol.
For real I do dam DUI

Sorry about that Dirt but that's why we have GT6. Where else in the world can you go 200 mph down the straight and lean over and take a sip of beer before you hit the brakes to turn?

EDIT.. That's why I love the long straight at Monza... plenty time to have a sip. and that's why I hate the Ford GT... it's cutting into my drinking time because you have to brake wayyyy early

Yeah , should be fun tonight. i will be ready with my orange mangoes lol. Just to warn you, the FORD GT reminds me of mangoes lol. looks tasty, refreshing and juicy as always till you start eating it and realise how messy it is lol.
mango-season-funny-eating.jpg

Yeah , should be fun tonight. i will be ready with my orange mangoes lol. Just to warn you, the FORD GT reminds me of mangoes lol. looks tasty, refreshing and juicy as always till you start eating it and realise how messy it is lol.

To set the proper mood you should watch the Top Gear episode with Jeremy Clarkson driving the Ford GT … drooling like a dog with its head out the window, word is he had to change his pants too.

Hey everyone I plan on joining in the fun this weekend if everything goes right. A lot gas happened I figured I'd share all my experiences to the best if my abilities with you guys. Their is plenty to explain about and sorry for my sudden absence from snail but I'll clear up the air this weekend. Till then see you guys

What are everyone's thoughts on the new Vision GT cars?

I drove them on the SNAIL tire regulation tires and they were a serious hoot to drive. The Alpine road car gets to some extra grip from Racing Hards while the race version gets Racing Mediums. They drive like "on rails", so they say. Very easy to make do what you want. Maybe because it only weighs 900kg. That might have something to do with that.

The Lexus is basically a lighter, more powerful GT3 car. It's a bit hard to handle, as it should be. It has aero but it's not insane. You still have to drive the car. 3rd gear throttle control is required on corner exit. Even on Racing Mediums it's not glued to the road all the time. Will take some skill to drive fast. Looks comparable to the McLaren F1 GTR Race Car. That would be a tight race.

Didn't really drive them enough to analyze how they drive, but the Alpine VGT is a beautiful design. By far the best design so far. It looks to have some design inspiration from Daniel Simon. I love his book "Cosmic Motors".

Took the Ford GT out for two 5 lap stints and it's not even as bad as I remember it from testing tires. Yes, the back end will come around if you're not careful but that just means you have to pay attention to what you're doing. It's actually quite predictable as to when it's going to start coming around and pretty easy to catch. As others have mentioned, it's nice when you get it right.

Didn't really drive them enough to analyze how they drive, but the Alpine VGT is a beautiful design. By far the best design so far. It looks to have some design inspiration from Daniel Simon. I love his book "Cosmic Motors".
Did you notice the air flaps that deploy under braking?

I agree, it is predictable after you've done a few laps. I can say that about Need 4 Speed too and any other racing game that doesn't employ realistic physics. The car spins out at 40mph with no throttle application, only due to "excessive" steering. If the real car does actually do that with sticky tires then I'll eat my words, but I'm betting it doesn't. The car simply isn't sim with those tires. I might as well break out Drive Club.

Took the Ford GT out for two 5 lap stints and it's not even as bad as I remember it from testing tires. Yes, the back end will come around if you're not careful but that just means you have to pay attention to what you're doing. It's actually quite predictable as to when it's going to start coming around and pretty easy to catch. As others have mentioned, it's nice when you get it right.

It is quite predictable. There's plenty of time to catch the rear end if it starts to slip, except it oversteers a lot out of the first chicane, even on no throttle input.

Did you notice the air flaps that deploy under braking?

Yep. They showed that on the full size model too. Wouldn't work in a real world application obviously, but a very cool design feature. It looks great from all angles!

I agree, it is predictable after you've done a few laps. I can say that about Need 4 Speed too and any other racing game that doesn't employ realistic physics. The car spins out at 40mph with no throttle application, only due to "excessive" steering. If the real car does actually do that with sticky tires then I'll eat my words, but I'm betting it doesn't. The car simply isn't sim with those tires. I might as well break out Drive Club.
[hum]phun physics.JPG

I'd like to join.

@o8_jedi

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add @CoachMK21, @Dragonwhisky, @JLBowler, @nmcp1 & @zer05ive as participants. The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing club. Sunday races are organized exclusively through the GT6 Community features within the game.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread. If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

Nevermind. I tried to explain something and then realized there is no point in explaining it.

Again, people DO care about your opinion. I already read it, so thank you for the explanation. Did you not think maybe others may also find your explanation insightful?

Through all my disagreement, I try to be reasonable in how I approach my debates. If I've come off nasty through any of it I apologize. The condescending attitude of your edit is both frustrating and disappointing, especially coming from SNAIL brass.

@JLBowler can we get track boundary clarification please? I attached a picture of the rumble strip on the first chicane at Monza. This rumble strip is also in the second chicane (does not apply for Ascari chicane, it has different curbs to these ones). Only half of the rumble strip is painted red and white. Is the green part of the rumble strip considered out of bounds?
20150319_234203.jpg

I think 85% of the club don't like them tires on the ford. Don't really understand why we cant change it to what it supposed to be its not like where rookies at this. To me that be the smartest thing to do you know that it will probably be one and done for this combo just saying.
Well I guess it is racing hard still not fun lol

Hey everyone I plan on joining in the fun this weekend if everything goes right. A lot gas happened I figured I'd share all my experiences to the best if my abilities with you guys. Their is plenty to explain about and sorry for my sudden absence from snail but I'll clear up the air this weekend. Till then see you guys

Unless you've done so already, you need to follow the directions to rejoin SNAIL, since you're not on the active driver list. Directions can be found on the drivers list post.

Back