◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,854 comments
For me it has absolutely nothing to do with the runoff areas. The track layout itself is just boring.

Long straight, Big left, big right, left, right, left (kink) onto long straight, big right, big right, repeat. I mean yes, James May would still get lost but it's really uninspiring for me.
If it is a boring drive, you're not driving fast enough.

Please pick the Fiat, please pick the Fiat, please pick the Fiat
Have you tried the Fiat at this track? The daily race a few days ago had the hp turned up to 265%! :eek: In stock trim it is much slower..:lol:

If it is a boring drive, you're not driving fast enough.

Have you tried the Fiat at this track? The daily race a few days ago had the hp turned up to 265%! :eek: In stock trim it is much slower..:lol:
No I have not. And it was meant mostly as a joke. Although I think it would be fun to race that car and it can only be raced at a short track like this. But it may be a bad idea ;)

Have the combos for Sunday been finalized yet, other than the Porsche at Monza?
I am going with the suggestion by @Sean Renon for prize A.

Car: Renault Sport Megane trophy 2011.
Track: Willow Springs International Raceway: Big Willow.

Group 4 car which puts it on SS tires for Snail regulations on tire settings.
359HP and 2,105 lbs.
Was getting a time of 1:23.167 at Big Willow. I want to thank everyone who put in suggestions for Prize A. I did like all of them but the one i am leaning towards the most for my pick was the suggestion by @Sean Renon
There is one of the others

TRIVIA ALERT!!!
In other words, what I am about to "vent" about, is Trivia - a personal irritation.

As I have written on prior occasions, the Livery function is pouring sand into my crankcase. It may be related only to my PS4 Pro, but something is definitely amiss. Since that time I have deleted almost all Duplicated cars in the garage (thinking that GTS could not "find" the correct livery, so it just put a Stock livery on the car when changing to the next Combo.

Sunday night I made particular Pre-Race Preparations to make sure the Liveries on all three cars were Uploaded - and they appeared, prior to each race, to be the Custom images as expected. However, when viewing my Replays ………. all of my entries were Stock images. Maybe others see the American Racing livery, but I do not.

Last night, again, I made every attempt to make sure the AR Endurance entry had the correct Livery. Prior to the race - the AR livery was observed as expected. During the race, at each Pit Stop, the AR livery was on the car. However, when I watched the Replay of the race ………….. Stock livery was applied to my car.

Makes a body (that's the old way of saying, "a person") want to just quit wasting time on the Livery and just Run what they give you. But, have been the White & Blue for so long, I'll keep trying to make it work. (Maybe last night's GTS maintenance will fix it - doubtful, but always hopeful)

Thank you for letting me Vent - you may now return to the normal discourse ………… whatever that may be at the moment.
I noticed that there was no livery on any of your cars, and I'm not sure what the issue is but I'm having a somewhat similar issue, but mine is the helmet and racing suit on my driver aren't showing up on the replays in the colors I should have on. Not sure if the issues are related but I'm also on a Pro. Is your game on disc or digital download? mine is downloaded copy. Again I have no idea if that has anything to do with it, but I was considering doing a new download of the game to see if this fixes my issue.

I noticed that there was no livery on any of your cars, and I'm not sure what the issue is but I'm having a somewhat similar issue, but mine is the helmet and racing suit on my driver aren't showing up on the replays in the colors I should have on. Not sure if the issues are related but I'm also on a Pro. Is your game on disc or digital download? mine is downloaded copy. Again I have no idea if that has anything to do with it, but I was considering doing a new download of the game to see if this fixes my issue.
Not sure DD
Have spent several hours deleting ALL DUPLICATE CARS - have no idea if it will make a difference. Trying to simplify the GTS choices.

Think mine is also a Download - don't think that would be the issue.

Not sure DD
Have spent several hours deleting ALL DUPLICATE CARS - have no idea if it will make a difference. Trying to simplify the GTS choices.

Think mine is also a Download - don't think that would be the issue.
Actually download could be part of the problem. Sometimes when downloading a game a file will get skipped or partially downloaded and the process will move on. It is possible that a reinstall could help the situation.

FIA with src and speedcenter

Edit: and right when the matchmaking took place I get bluescreened. GG

Speed is streaming

I'll try to get in the last one of the night in 30 mins

Ok trying again:

Last edited:
Actually download could be part of the problem. Sometimes when downloading a game a file will get skipped or partially downloaded and the process will move on. It is possible that a reinstall could help the situation.
Thank you, Neutty
I'll check the re-install process tomorrow. Hope I don't mess things up worse.

Last edited:

Speed is streaming

Ok trying again:

EDIT: Doh! It's the car given to you by manufacturer. New season. New mileage. Silly me.

Is that a new liveried car or are you experimenting with Dodge? I only say that b/c I notice only 45 miles on your odometer. Nice race regardless!

Last edited:

Speed is streaming

Ok trying again:

Raced the FIA Manufactures with @BradESPN I had a horrible qually session so started 10th brad started 5th I believe? Anyway, toward the beginning of the race there was a big pile up under the bridge, where cars spin all the time, and I think brad got caught up in it and I moved all the way to 5th, where I finished. I saved the replay in case you didnt brad but havent shared it yet.

Raced the FIA Manufactures with @BradESPN I had a horrible qually session so started 10th brad started 5th I believe? Anyway, toward the beginning of the race there was a big pile up under the bridge, where cars spin all the time, and I think brad got caught up in it and I moved all the way to 5th, where I finished. I saved the replay in case you didnt brad but havent shared it yet.

Yeah, I wish I could blame someone else for the pile up, but I was more of a contributor than anything... I'm just glad I was able to claw my way back up to 11th to salvage ~700 points. I think I had the pace to finish top 5, but the consistency just wasn't there.

East outer loop Saturday will surely be interesting in the gr4 cars on the manufacturers side.
I'm surprised they're using that instead of any "real" track. Real or fictitious at least they're circuits in the traditional sense.

Both my races yesterday went ok, nothing spectacular. Finished mid-pack in the manufactures race and started the Nations Cup in 7th and finished 6th. The Gr.3 tire settings for the mid/rear drive Ferrari was a handful.

Question for the FIA championships:

I missed last night. Do they take every races points for your total or 3 out of the 4?

I hope to make it to practice this evening. Picked up a second job, golf season, and baby have had me tied up a lot lately.

Back