◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,697 comments
I can't say as I'm excited about people voting to drop anything when they weren't present.

I don't recall the rules stating one HAS to race in order to vote.

Just because there isn't a rule doesn't mean there shouldn't be. I feel like if they didn't bother to race it, then they aren't making a completely informed decision.

You could also call it a prize for those that do bother to show up.

So let's make it a rule, to vote one needs to race.

Sorry for all the discussion about this, but this is really a non-issue. Those guys didn't vote - I simply used last week's results post as a starting point for this weeks results. However, when I moved those guys down to the DNR section, I forgot to delete their votes from last week and replace them with "DNR". That has now been corrected. Rest assured, the results of the elimination vote remains the same as those votes were never counted in the first place. :)

Simply put (as Bowler already stated), this rule that has been discussed today about requiring drivers to actually race in order to vote has been in place since the very beginning. 👍

Hi,

Request to join S.N.A.I.L for Sunday racing.
PSN-dragonwhisky
Timezone-ET

Referred by OwensRacing.

1110011 1110100 1100101 1110000 100000 1101111 1101110 1100101 100000 1100011 1101111 1101101 1110000 1101100 1100101 1110100 1100101.

1110011 1110100 1100101 1110000 100000 1110100 1110111 1101111 100000 1101001 1101110 1101001 1110100 1101001 1100001 1110100 1100101 1100100.

You gents aren't the only onez that knowz how to downloadz from the interwebz. :sly:

I want to apologize for the no show last night. I went boating with a friend in the afternoon and we didn't make it back till really late. I would have posted but there's no cell service at the lake.

I will be out of town for solo nationals this weekend and won't be back till the following Saturday late. There's a pretty good chance I won't be ready for that Sunday's race, but I'd like to leave to possibility open just in case. Thanks!

Hi,

Request to join S.N.A.I.L for Sunday racing.
PSN-dragonwhisky
Timezone-ET

Referred by OwensRacing.

1110011 1110100 1100101 1110000 100000 1101111 1101110 1100101 100000 1100011 1101111 1101101 1110000 1101100 1100101 1110100 1100101.

1110011 1110100 1100101 1110000 100000 1110100 1110111 1101111 100000 1101001 1101110 1101001 1110100 1101001 1100001 1110100 1100101 1100100.

You gents aren't the only onez that knowz how to downloadz from the interwebz. :sly:

Hey Dragonwhisky,

Uh oh, sensing another cyborg in our midst :odd:

Thanks for joining 👍 And thanks to Owensracing for the referral 👍

We run a clean league by enforcing the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and we expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both.

Follow These Steps:
1. I add you to the drivers list as a New S.N.A.I.L.
2. You run the Time Trial.
3. You Private Message my GTPlanet account with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
4. I assign you to the appropriate Division, to give you the best racing possible.
5. A PSN friend request will be sent from the appropriate SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That is where you race on Sunday night.
6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :)

The original post has a lot of information regarding the league, commit it to memory ;)

The second post has the current race lineup and is updated weekly.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread. To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

As to D5 being "introductory": I just meant that they are the racers with the slowest times in S.N.A.I.L. That is also the only division where TCS and Driving Line are allowed. Their place on an uneven playing field is why my draft gave them no prizes; though I did say I'm open to allowing it.

D5 didn't allow either of these over the last two weeks.

Vol Jbolaz
D5 didn't allow either of these over the last two weeks.

Dooh! I forgot to allow or ask, my apologies.

Yes, it may be D5, but really, if the current seeding system is placing drivers in D5 who beat the field, why punish D5?

(brace for mild, friendly, sarcasm)

Perhaps the system of scores could be examined in lieu of limiting prizes to an already highly prestigious division?

Wait, what about limiting rewards to D1 since they have the 'reward' or wiping out far less?

(sarcasm off)

If we all race, we all put in the time for the races, then all divisions should get a shot, IMHO.

If you want to be totally realistic, that is fine, but I am against it.

Last edited:
Well, we used to reserve all prizes for top D1 finishers, so things are certainly friendlier, now. ;)

Consider the older table rescinded due to seemingly popular demand, though the premise remains valid, in my opinion.

Could be
D1 - 3 Prize As
D2 - 2
D3 - 2
D4 - 2
D5 - 1

Or

D1 - 3
D2 - 3
D3 - 2
D4 - 2
D5 - 2

Or whatever other combo your pretty little hearts desire. I just think that the 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 doesn't work as intended.

Last edited:
For prize distribution I would suggest an ongoing rotation. Step one would be to rank the five division winners 1-5. Step two would be to use a rotaion for prize distribution. Example: week 1 - 1,2,3 would get prizes
week 2 - 4,5,1 would get prizes
week 3 - 2,3,4
week 4 - 5,1,2
week 5 - 3,4,5

You would keep this going week after week. The end of a month would not reset the rotation so we would never need to worry about it balancing out. This would also add some randomness among the division winners as to who gets what prize and it would take anyone keeping track of who had won what previously in the month. If you have any questions, I'll be happy to clarify.

FWIW, this is my favorite idea so far. If a goal is simplicity, we're going to end up with a rotation of some sort anyway, it seems to me.

My only criticism would be that it makes certain weeks more "important" depending on what prize your division is up for. I'm not really worried about this though, for two reasons: First, I have yet to see people race any harder because a prize is up for grabs than they would just to win their division. Secondly, the only real way to solve this problem (other than something substantially like what we have now) is to add randomness, and thus complexity.

Ap's modification of our current system is good, too. My only dislike about they way we do it now is that the division winners are competing with winners in other divisions based on numbers that really don't say anything about how those drivers compare with each other. I think that's the main reason I prefer Bowler's idea.

Hey Dragonwhisky,

Uh oh, sensing another cyborg in our midst :odd:

I'm no cyborg, but, I have been on the same track at the same time with some of the "aliens", you know who you are. :crazy:

We run a clean league by enforcing the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and we expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both.

These could be summed up collectively in one sentence; Don't drive like an idiot and/or be a penile implant in the cranium.

Follow These Steps:
1. I add you to the drivers list as a New S.N.A.I.L.
2. You run the Time Trial.
3. You Private Message my GTPlanet account with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
4. I assign you to the appropriate Division, to give you the best racing possible.
5. A PSN friend request will be sent from the appropriate SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That is where you race on Sunday night.
6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :)

Looks like step 1 has been accomplished. Step 2 has as well. Step 3 en-route shortly. Do you need the replay as well? I did save, so, if necessary, I can provide.

The original post has a lot of information regarding the league, commit it to memory ;)

Commit to memory? Huh. At my age, committing all that to memory might just be more challenging than racing against some of the aforementioned aliens. Just gotta remember where to find it. "Honey, do you know where my glasses are?" "Dear, they're on your head."

The second post has the current race lineup and is updated weekly.

Roger that.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread. To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

Given the choice, all my cars will be one hue of blue or another, preferably mid to dark blue with wheels to match. And I'll make this offer now. Any and all who would like non-blue paint chips are welcome to each and every one I have. And if anyone wants to pass along any blue paint chips my way, rest assured they will find a good home in my shop and on my cars. Given that #s 13, 5 and 7 are taken I'll be happy to paste 9 on my car.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

Roger that and thanks for the quick response.

Very :nervous: about which division I'll be placed in.

I'm no cyborg, but, I have been on the same track at the same time with some of the "aliens", you know who you are. :crazy:

I don't buy it for a second. I see an Alien. Welcome to S.N.A.I.L.s I hope you settle in at the top quickly:)

Kcheeb,
Can you reserve number 9 for me?
I think no one has it in D5.

Hey Wolfsatz, it's actually tezgm99 that takes care of the S.N.A.I.L. colours and numbers.

I'm sure he's seen your request and Ninja'ing me right now :lol:

Last edited:

We shall see, we shall see ;)

These could be summed up collectively in one sentence; Don't drive like an idiot and/or be a penile implant in the cranium.

Hmmm, may have to incorporate that in the welcome message :lol:

EDIT: One of my favourite sayings Richard Cranium.

Looks like step 1 has been accomplished. Step 2 has as well. Step 3 en-route shortly. Do you need the replay as well? I did save, so, if necessary, I can provide.

No need for the replay, the proof will be in the pudding or on the track :) If you or we get it wrong, it's easy to change 👍

Commit to memory? Huh. At my age, committing all that to memory might just be more challenging than racing against some of the aforementioned aliens. Just gotta remember where to find it. "Honey, do you know where my glasses are?" "Dear, they're on your head."

Sorry, where were we???

Given the choice, all my cars will be one hue of blue or another, preferably mid to dark blue with wheels to match. And I'll make this offer now. Any and all who would like non-blue paint chips are welcome to each and every one I have. And if anyone wants to pass along any blue paint chips my way, rest assured they will find a good home in my shop and on my cars. Given that #s 13, 5 and 7 are taken I'll be happy to paste 9 on my car.

tezgm99, will be along shortly to take care of all your number/colour requirements :)

Roger that and thanks for the quick response.

You're welcome, caught me on a good day :lol: I saw your message and will reply shortly :dopey:

I don't buy it for a second. I see an Alien. Welcome to S.N.A.I.L.s I hope you settle in at the top quickly:)

Thanks.

Fortunately, you won't have to buy my status as an alien since it's not been manufactured, yet. Not sure that it ever will be. Like I said, I've ran on the same track, in other series, with a few from D1 and will be anxiously surprised if my time qualifies me there. Kinda surprised bdub is in D2. Would be ecstatic if I make D3.

Why are there 5 division anyway? Nobody likes FULL starting grids?
I know there was a tremendous period of growth sometime back but understand this, they don't all race. At present there are 24 drivers listed for my division. The expansion to 5 divisions was a bit premature considering there has not been a full grid since.

Last edited:
Why are there 5 division anyway? Nobody likes FULL starting grids?

Once we had too many drivers for four divisions, we expanded to our fifth (and final) division. Our numbers do fluctuate from week to week, but right now we average about ten drivers per division - which I consider to be a good-sized grid. While we could probably try to cram everyone into four divisions, we'd be i'll-prepared for nights like this.

That being said, we can't just remove or add divisions just because we don't anticipate each division having a completely full grid. Let's just say that the time and effort that would required to determine which drivers would be driving in which division each time we contracted or expanded the league would not be something I would wish upon anyone. kcheeb and I went through that process when we expanded to five divisions last month and it was an up-at-dawn, pride-swallowing siege that I will never fully tell you about, ok? ;)

Here is a random thought to throw into the mosh pit of ideas...

What if you rewarded those who had to really fight for their victory? This could be done if you take the difference from 1st to 2nd in each division and reward the low score.

For quick example:

Div 1
1st - 90 points (25 point gap) Prize C
2nd - 65 points

Div 2
1st - 76 points (2 point gap) Prize A
2nd - 74 points

Div 3
1st - 83 points (8 point gap) Prize B
2nd - 75 points

Not to say the Div 1 driver didn't earn top spot but if we are promoting close racing then this is also rewarding it. If you reward the closer fought battles you are much less likely to have to worry about a single driver winning prize A multiple times. I know it has its flaws, but thought I would suggest something different that might get some more creative thought flowing. :dopey:

I actually quite like this idea. (Much more than any that include the word(s) "random", "lottery", "revolving", "at large", "lucky", "bowl game" or "moist")

*Edit: Realized the potential of "throwing" late races to close the gap. Oh well. Good idea.

Last edited:
Back