◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Celebrating 15 YEARS of clean, competitive racing!!Open 

  • Thread starter Thread starter zer05ive
  • 155,570 comments
  • 21,738,749 views
I think the link is dead. It was an assumption based on us being so close (your lead). You had to take some time off and it is possible I passed you. I wonder if the link works or has been updated since @kcheeb left...
No matter. Shouldn't we both have been inducted to the over 100 club?
 
Are you hinting it is you :D I can see your opportunity soon... you jump from 8 to 7 just few weeks ago and already knocking out the top spots so quickly. If it is not this week, it will probably be some other weeks. What a ninja!
no im hoping some other drivers get moved.
 
No matter. Shouldn't we both have been inducted to the over 100 club?


Oh for sure... A long time ago! I am sure there are quite a few more as well....
 
Yes but it did state "enough to impair judgment"
Any amount of cannabis* in your system would be considered "enough to impair judgement" by the "right" people so that should discounted immediately.
 
Any amount of cannabis* in your system would be considered "enough to impair judgement" by the "right" people so that should discounted immediately.
Doesnt matter it. In the state of NY, Marijuana is still illegal and considered a controlled substance. Fond in his system regardless it is not admissable in court.
 
Doesnt matter it. In the state of NY, Marijuana is still illegal and considered a controlled substance. Fond in his system regardless it is not admissable in court.

For one, no ****. For two, I'm not talking about legal matters I'm talking about today's standards and the way it's looked at by the majority. You do realize you're agreeing with me right?
 
For one, no ****. For two, I'm not talking about legal matters I'm talking about today's standards and the way it's looked at by the majority. You do realize you're agreeing with me right?
Read what you wrote the wrong way.. Yeah I get what your saying..
 
image.jpg
I don't care how good your weed is or how thick the smoke is. Do not get out of your cage and walk out on to a racetrack.
 
Don't think that is in the OLR, I guess that is why I am ignorant.

Maybe that...
 
I don't know in game but in real life, wheels do affect performance in the following ways:

1. Bigger wheels tend to be heavier hence increase unsprung weight which reduce acceleration and deceleration performance a bit.

2. If the wheel is wider running on wider tires such as 275 series, this definitely increases traction hence better handling in general.

3. Bigger diameter does affect speedometer reading because bigger diameter will have to rotate a bit less to cover the same distance in a smaller wheel.

______________________________________________


I would say there is a bit more to it than that, for example

1. Bigger wheels are heavier. This is generally true, however a bigger wheel may actually make your corner weight go down... if it is a nice wheel that is light for it's size, even if it's heavier. Why? Tires are also quite heavy, and if you change to a tire that is the same width but shorter sidewall (to keep the overall diameter the same), your corner weight can go down even with a larger wheel. When you make the wheels wider it becomes harder to keep weight down. Many tire manufacturers will actually list the weight of the tire in the specifications (which you can find online) This way you can actually get an estimate of what your corner weights (unsprung) will be and if they will be going up or down.

2. Wider tires can increase grip, but in some cars (like very light weight cars) you can actually reduce the pressure on the contact patch enough to cause the tires to heat up to optimum temp too slowly or not at all. (in an extreme case) When choosing section width take into account the weight of your car. If you take it to autox or to the track, take tire temperatures after you run(also necessary for proper alignment adjustments) If they are very low you may benefit from a narrower wheel and tire (less unsprung weight) Wider tires also increase rolling resistance and steering effort. Keep this in mind if your car is also for the street.

[Another thing about grip.. the more of it you have, the softer your springs 'feel' in the corners. If you have stock suspension and throw on race tires the car will be faster but have more body roll. Make sure you plan for this. This is one of the reasons why it's becoming more difficult for OEMs to make cars that are comfortable on the street and easy to drive on modern tires.. finding the balance between stiffness is more and more difficult the more grip you have. IMO it's also probably one of the reasons the FR-S twins have Prius tires.]


3. Bigger tire diameter = taller gearing. This is true, this is why when shopping for wheels/tires you should usually try to keep the overall diameter the same, there are calculators you can find online just for this purpose. (for example my 195/50/15s on my AE86 are about the same diameter as the 185/60/14s that came on it. something like 23"? I forget, it's been a while)


I would also add that sidewall sizes will contribute a lot to the 'feel' of the steering. Shorter, stiffer sidewalls will feel 'sharper' most of the time, but will also be harder to control at the limit. (This is not universally true, as there are lots of different tires out there, but generally...) Shorter sidewalls also ride rougher and may even put your wheels in danger on rough roads. Try to find a good balance.
 
Just got home and was hoping to see prize selections are clear... guess not. :(

@Wolfsatz the only thing to practice is the toy race car on the sidewalk, er, I mean the S2000 at Autumn Ring. :cheers:
 
I figure I may as well share this, I'm sure @Nail-27 will appreciate it in particular, but we seem to have at least a few other folks who are into aviation too... former airmen and whatnot.

I'll miss the next two Sundays... I'm headed out to California for business. I won't get any more specific, but this might give you an idea of what I'll be doing out there:



Can't wait to don one of those sweet orange jumpsuits. :D
 
Just got home and was hoping to see prize selections are clear... guess not. :(

@Wolfsatz the only thing to practice is the toy race car on the sidewalk, er, I mean the S2000 at Autumn Ring. :cheers:

That's what @Rednose58 and I were running. He helped me with some very appreciated tips. Was able to knock a few hundredths consistently.
 
StewardsUpdate.png

Stewards have reviewed the affected preliminary prize candidates and we now have cleared the following for Prize Selection;

@USERID_77a23 is our Prize A winner

@jamilla / Ogg_42 is our Prize B winner

@kadrek / Volcoman3 receives Prize C


This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!​

Deadline for remaining reviews is NLT 10PM Eastern on Friday, September 26th, 2014. The full Steward Summary will be posted after that time.

Banners by @dabneyd​
 
Last edited:

Stewards have reviewed the affected preliminary prize candidates and we now have cleared the following for Prize Selection;

@USERID_77a23 is our Prize A winner

@jamilla / Ogg_42 is our Prize B winner

@kadrek / Volcoman3 receives Prize C


This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!​

Deadline for remaining reviews is NLT 10PM Eastern on Friday, September 26th, 2014. The full Steward will be posted after that time.

Banners by @dabneyd​
@jamilla - since drivers can only win each prize once in a given season, you do not have the option to pick between Prize B and Prize C this time. Since you chose the Prize C "freeze" option last week, you are locked into Prize B this week.

@kadrek - this means that you end up with the Prize C "freeze". Please announce whether you want to freeze the Honda NSX Type R '02 or if you want to freeze Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit. Please make this choice as soon as possible so that @jamilla can select a replacement for whichever you don't freeze. 👍
 
👎 but a good track none the less.

The NSX is a great car, and Silverstone is a great track. Either one being frozen is a good outcome for me. But I will certainly miss the NSX, even though it only lasted a week. I would love to see a few more MR cars make their way into the combos.
 
Not testing anymore? Cant find room
 
I have a room open to practice with the S2K at autumn ring. 1472-6681-3415-7083-2858

[room closed]
 
Last edited:
Short testing now ... 350z '03 , z28 '69 , scirocco r '10
View attachment 229745
Not the Camaro... Not the Camaro... Not the Camaro...
Speaking of Camaro, what about that Stilow engineering Camaro? We never raced that.

PS. Snail raced the 69 Camaro twice before. There's still a ton of cars we haven't. Think wisely.
 
Back