◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Celebrating 15 YEARS of clean, competitive racing!!Open 

  • Thread starter Thread starter zer05ive
  • 155,570 comments
  • 21,734,789 views
I played around with 3D a little bit a while ago. You have to wear the 3D glasses which darken the picture slightly and I only have a cheap pair that don't jive real well when being worn over normal glasses. However, if you drive from cockpit view it really looks awesome. The on screen stats float as if being projected on your visor and the dash and view is spectacular. All of the other driving views are only ho-hum.

If you decide to try it, here is a tip... make sure your PS3 Display settings are set to 'Automatic' rather than to 'Custom'.

Is that part of the latest update?

I've tried using the 3D feature months ago, but it said it was unavailable.
I too have a large 3D display

I haven't gone full 3D since GT5 & that was pretty impressive back in 2011 or whenever.


Btw
Anyone heard the AMAZING news about The New GT Sport?

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gtsport/
 
Prize Winner Update​

The stewards have enough reviews completed to declare and clear this weeks prize winners.

Prize A: @Ricky Wilson but he already knows this.
Prize B: @MSgtGunny
Prize C: @Adramike

All three of you have until 9:30 PM ET on Wednesday to make a selection or a voting process will begin to make your pick for you. Please get those selections made.

Thank you to @Handlebar @Jaguara and @tezgm99 for jumping on the reviews this week. There are still incidents to review for any stewards that haven't yet.
giphy.gif
 
He passed the freeze...you just have to decide what to freeze...if you want to help him test after that then great.
That assumes we aren't working together to find a combo both of us like :)
 
Freeze the track and see what else works there. It always provides good racing.
 
Prize A and C have just under 3 hours to make their picks or they will be forfeited and put up for voting.

Prize C really isn't that hard. It is multiple choice after all.

A deadline for prize B will be set once prize C is selected. A warning that the deadline will not allow for a lot of time to make a decision.
 
I would prefer to see a new track. The GP/F has been used the second most in SNAIL history with 29 appearances.
True. Let's give the car a mini championship tour
 
Is that part of the latest update?

I've tried using the 3D feature months ago, but it said it was unavailable.
I too have a large 3D display

I haven't gone full 3D since GT5 & that was pretty impressive back in 2011 or whenever.

The 3D update happened quite a while ago, (perhaps a year or more). The game will say it is unavailable if you are using custom display settings for the PS3, that's what my tip was for. Guess I could have explained that better.
 
Has a previous seasonal event ever become a combo in SNAIL Spec Racing if it's that good?
 
Wasn't there one you were talking about?
I was showing that it was in a seasonal to see whether he would pull his idea out, . 2 people actually, same seasonal combo. One pulled his idea out, one didn't reply.
 
Only because you didn't post fast enough
PS there is a room open if you want to try it out :p
I can't, I have something going on the whole day tomorrow. I gotta sleep it's 00:43AM what am I doing awake at this time.
 
Prize Selection Update​

Prize B and C are selected. Thank you gentlemen.

Prize A @Ricky Wilson has just under two hours to make his pick. In the interest of time, the nomination procedure is going to start right now.

If @Ricky Wilson makes his pick before 9:30 PM ET then it will count.

Everyone who raced in D1 this Sunday should go ahead and make ONE suggestion for a prize A pick. You will have until 2:00 AM ET (that's a little over 6 hours from now) to make your suggestion. Once the suggestion period ends, those that raced on Sunday will vote on the suggestions.

Make only one suggestion. Do not edit the post in which you make your suggestion. Your suggestion must be made in this thread to count. Please use the entire car name and track name to avoid confusion.

If there are no suggestions at the deadline, I will use msgt's random generator to create voting options. The first five combos that meet SNAIL requirements will be posted and the league will vote on them.

@TRL_Importlife @gtr3123 @Nicktune @Xradkins @Rednose58 @MikeGrove @ONESPACE @socalnatv @Matt Sierras @Ness
 
Ricky already had a combo picked out but has yet to post it on here I tryed calling and texting him to see if I could post the combo for him no response
 
Last edited:
Link to random combo generator. Created by @msgt-sd

Ricky already had a combo picked out but has yet to post it on here I tryed calling and texting him to see if I could post the combo for him not no response

It's good to know that he has something chosen but it doesn't really do anyone else any good until he get's it posted. The clock keeps moving and practice keeps getting closer.
 
Prize B: Deep Forest Raceway Reverse

Mid level lap time ~ 1:14
Those front wheels lifting off the ground on the downhill into the final turn is seriously dangerous.
 
Is that the 2nd or 3rd time each lap it gets airborne? I thought F Zero was a Nintendo title? :)
 
Sorry guys had work all day. wanted to practice lil more before i picked but oh well.

Prize A:
Mercedes SLS GT3 11'
Dealership pp : 610pp/493hp/1350kg
Tires: Racing Medium
Track: Silverstone Grand Prix
Sorry to be the first, but we did this already, and it was exactly eight months ago to the day. :confused:
 
Back