◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,795 comments
Shouldnt the GTR be on racing med tires? Its over 600pp. 602 to be exact. Street Cars
below 450 PP -> Sports Hards
450-499 PP ---> Sports Mediums
500 PP & up --> Sports Softs
Race Cars
below 600 PP -> Racing Hards
600 PP & up --> Racing Mediums

All the PP numbers are based on what they are as they sit in the dealership as opposed to what they are after break in. The rest of the "settings section" from the first post (important part in blue):

Settings
All league settings are default unless noted below:
Boost: Off
Penalty: Weak (and Effective for Free Run) in Divisions 2-5. (Penalties OFF for D1 only)
Race Finish Delay: 90sec
Visible Damage: Off
Mechanical Damage: Light
Slipstream Strength: Weak
Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: Normal
Grip Reduction: Real
Vehicle Tuning: Prohibited
Driving Aids: Only ABS allowed in Divisions 1-4. (ABS, TCS, and Driving Line are allowed in Division 5 only)
Tire Restrictions: (based on Dealership PP)
Street Cars
Race Cars
Tuner Cars
Classified as either Street or Race cars based on this list

All the PP numbers are based on what they are as they sit in the dealership as opposed to what they are after break in. The rest of the "settings section" from the first post (important part in blue):

Settings
All league settings are default unless noted below:
Boost: Off
Penalty: Weak (and Effective for Free Run) in Divisions 2-5. (Penalties OFF for D1 only)
Race Finish Delay: 90sec
Visible Damage: Off
Mechanical Damage: Light
Slipstream Strength: Weak
Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: Normal
Grip Reduction: Real
Vehicle Tuning: Prohibited
Driving Aids: Only ABS allowed in Divisions 1-4. (ABS, TCS, and Driving Line are allowed in Division 5 only)
Tire Restrictions: (based on Dealership PP)
Street Cars
Race Cars
Tuner Cars
Classified as either Street or Race cars based on this list
I see that now. Oh well I tried :sly: This car handles awesome on mediums.

Anyone see this about the Furai? Seems the fellas at topgear burned it to the ground. However, looking at that picture, I have to wonder, especially around the grill and headlight areas. If they are open and swooping, why are they covered up like they had a plastic sheet over them?

Be in the D2 lounge at 9:00 Eastern for :

Kart Space II in the 125 Kart - 36 laps
3/8 mile oval in the 125 Kart - 52 laps - this is available from the SNAIL_Division2 account for download
Cote d'Azur in the 125 Kart - 8 laps

You guys are awesome. Looking forward to more time with you guys. I just have to throw a Big thanks to a few people. I appreciate everything I have learned from being around them, helping me become better acclimated to SNAIL expectations, and helping me get around the track quicker and more consistently. Those thanks go out to Vail, Owens, Chatva, and Xrad. The past week has been nothing but pure awesome. I really appreciate it guys.

What a great night racing D3 tonight! Special thanks to Vail for all the coaching!

Great racing last nite. Congrats to AJK for the win !!!!!!!!
Thanks guys! I'm just the Assistant coach passing on the info that has been shared with me, all the credit as you know goes to our head coach :bowdown:Owens Racing!:cheers:

The PP and tire spec should be based on run in PP not dealership. We don't use dealership figures to race with. :/ this baffles me why that is the rule and not based on broken in PP.

Cars like these GTR's are far better racing on RM's. seriously the turd Lotus Elise is on RH. LoL

Anyone see this about the Furai? Seems the fellas at topgear burned it to the ground. However, looking at that picture, I have to wonder, especially around the grill and headlight areas. If they are open and swooping, why are they covered up like they had a plastic sheet over them?

Have now. Just effin wow. :(. Glad we have that car in GT5 and I hope it re-appears in 6. I expect it will, with the intel we have so far. :)

On a steward related note. The new SNAILIRR is awesome, to put it lightly.

Also, if anyone has the full replays for D1, and access to the google drive replay folder, please upload race 3 & 4 for the night. One or the other is missing and by the time stamps, I believe it to be the 3rd race, which the stewards will need for reviews this week.

Thank you.

Dragonwhisky

p.s. Jlbowler is filling the hole left by Appmaddock. ;) :sly: :D

The PP and tire spec should be based on run in PP not dealership. We don't use dealership figures to race with. :/ this baffles me why that is the rule and not based on broken in PP.

Cars like these GTR's are far better racing on RM's. seriously the turd Lotus Elise is on RH. LoL

I concur with this opinion.

---

I wish APMaddock was 'ere as well.

I would like to join SNAIL

zstovall,

Thanks for your interest!

We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test
2. You run the Time Trial. (NOTE: The tires selected for this have more grip than our current tire regulations allow, but please follow the directions exactly anyways).
3. You PM kcheeb with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
4. We assign you to the division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.
5. We send you a you a PSN friend request from the corresponding SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That PSN account's lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.
6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

Please note that we often race DLC from three add-on packs:

Racing Car Pack
Course Pack
Twin Ring Motegi Pack

If you don't have these add-on packs, you will need to sit out the races in which they are used.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Gonna weigh in on this tire thing.

For me I think the whole use of PP, regardless of dealer or broke in, race, street, tuner car should be revamped and use the broke in torque values for the cars to determine tires, period. Putting high torque cars in crappy tires is just not all that much fun, especially for those of us who are human.

But, if I had my way, we wouldn't run anything on anything less than Racing Hards. But that's just me. This isn't a drifting league.

Driving (I am not racing after the third wipeout) the 530+ PP cars, especially the 550+ PP cars, on Sport Soft tires makes me feel like I am in a Top Gear Special.

Unfortunately, it is a 'bad' Special.

And it is "Top Gear US."

Clean, controlled, courteous racing is inconsistently viewed in these situations, at least in D5, imho.

The anticipation is building, I just checked and my G27 has shipped! According to the tracking info from UPS, it's supposed to get here Thursday!!!!:dopey:

The reasoning behind using dealership PP for selecting tires is that it's an easily obtained verifiable number that everyone can see in their game. Using the broken in PP would require that number to be provided in a timely fashion (which it isn't always) so that it could be posted and drivers could practice as soon as the pick was made without having to wait for the PP number to verified so the tires could be selected. It's a way of keeping it simple and not making any more work for those in charge of regulating such things. I know how much time I put into this league and it's a fraction of what some other put it. Anything that is plug and play without having to go verify it is welcome in my eyes.

Basing tire selection off of the torque figures alone seems a little shortsighted in my opinion. It would allow for grip under acceleration but would not account for lateral grip or grip while braking. With the tools that we have at our disposal, PP is a much better indicator of overall vehicle performance than torque alone.

Once GT6 comes out, we can revisit the tire selection guidelines along with everything else that may or may not need to be changed with the new set of tools we get in GT6.

Last edited:
The reasoning behind using dealership PP for selecting tires is that it's an easily obtained verifiable number that everyone can see in their game. Using the broken in PP would require that number to be provided in a timely fashion (which it isn't always) so that it could be posted and drivers could practice as soon as the pick was made without having to wait for the PP number to verified so the tires could be selected. It's a way of keeping it simple and not making any more work for those in charge of regulating such things. I know how much time I put into this league and it's a fraction of what some other put it. Anything that is plug and play without having to go verify it is welcome in my eyes.

I agree some people put a lot of time in while other just race. I'm trying my best to find more ways to justify more ways to spend time for the league. I know I'm the new guy around these parts, but I put forth a full effort in helping when it something I believe in. I am willing to help test or do what ever it takes to get some solid data for tires when gt6 comes around. We are so close as of right now, really nothing should be changed. But when GT6 comes around we should put forth a full effort in making SNAIL the best thing around for Spec racing, from the time trials for division placement, all the way to matched division so we don't have people running away with divisions.

Latest Posts

Back