◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,791 comments
I had a co-worker that switched to Dvorak for a couple of months several years ago. He still has trouble using a regular keyboard now, and it's been quite a long time. It's a superior layout, but I would only suggest it if you're literally never going to have to use a Qwerty keyboard again, on a phone, on someone else's computer, on the holodecks we'll be playing GT14 on, etc.
Yeah, that's definitely a concern, but I rarely use other people's computers. Also, most OS's can actually be switched to Dvorak quite easily, so the issue is more with the OS than the keyboard itself. The letters on the keyboards can't be changed of course, but that would be moot if I were to ever get truly acclimated to the new layout.

As for phones, I'm hoping that the muscle memory of hands is separated enough from the muscle memory of thumbs so that the switch doesn't affect typing on a phone. However, I just found a Dvorak app for Android in case that assumption isn't correct.

In the early years of my computing when regular meeses were yet to be hated to pieces, in long stints using them, usually playing Quake II, my thumbs and first 2 fingers on both hands would go woodenly numb. After trying several crappy trackballs, finally settled on the Logitech line of thumb-ball track balls, which helped bunches with my right hand. Left hand still went numb on straight kbs. Once I found these natural keyboards though, and stopped "wrenching" for a living, pretty much numbness during computing/keyboarding has gone the way of the dodo bird. The trackman wheel line of trackballs had some of the crappiest DPI rates of any pointing device, so was generally unsuitable for gaming, I would occasionally break out my MX-510
MX510%20closeup.jpg

mouse for that. I still used the trackball through all of my Battlefield 1942 and some of my BF2 play. Getting your setup correct to your ergs is fairly important.
Me and you have some similar tastes in games! Before GT5, my only organized online gaming experience was with a BF2 clan that I started with some co-workers. We had our own website and rented our own BF2 and Ventrilo servers. But speaking of mice used for BF2, that's actually where my desire for straight keyboard columns originated. It annoyed me that the WASD keys were not properly aligned, so I got one of the bad boys pictured below. It allowed me to get the "W" key completely inline with the "S" key. As an added bonus, I was able to go nuts on setting up custom keys with the correct ergs that you speak of. Highly recommended for any PC gamer and any PC game. 👍

P.S. You didn't use to play Company of Heroes did you?
b08.jpg

Last edited:
I vote for A.

Did you race Sunday? Must enter the race on Sunday to 'win' your franchise for the week. ;-)

Voting is close at the moment, 23 votes having been cast out of over 80 racers on Sunday. Not a bad turnout. In another hour or two we may best the US average at the polls!

Not quite what the data looks like thus far, Schmiggz. With a mighty two three votes from D1, and not unanimous...

So far it is

A = D2, D3, D5, D6
B = D1, D2, D3, D4, D5, D6
C = D1, D2, D3, D4

@zer05ive, fixed.

@Adventuruss points formula in the Directors Doc got messed up somehow, was showing as 0, so he sorted to the bottom of the list. Not sure how it happened, but it's better now :)

SFCjoeMe full points in the Directors Doc were set to .1 but his adjusted points were not. You can do that in column AS if it happens again.
Thanks cheeb! Did I do something wrong that didn't allow SFCjoeMe's adjusted points to calculate after I changed his unadjusted points?

I like that. What is it called?Never mind I found it https://www.trulyergonomic.com/store/index.php
Yup, that's the one! Mine comes in tomorrow! Let me know if you decide to get one. We can start a club! :lol:

I hope the rocket wins but should be on the longer version of brands hatch. If its on the indy circuit, we woulfd be looking at 13-14 laps.

Opening up a public Snail practice lobby. I have no more room for SNAILS on my friends list.

I hope the rocket wins but should be on the longer version of brands hatch. If its on the indy circuit, we woulfd be looking at 13-14 laps.
What is wrong with that. It gives people plenty of time to be patient to make passes.

À: peugot @ cape ring is my vote...variety is the spice of life...

Join one Join all. Room Number 1472-6118-3916-1737-0925

What is wrong with that. It gives people plenty of time to be patient to make passes.

Edited: There really is no safe passing on the indy circuit. Where as the gran prix circuit there is plenty of room to make safe passes.

I must have missed something. We are voting on a Combo?
No need to explain .............
Put me down for:
Renault Megane Trophy base model '11 (cr.100,000) at Fuji/F
(Forgive me for being out of the loop)

I know I didnt race sunday so I cant vote. But I do think the choices are good. With the exception of fuji. That track hates me.

Thanks cheeb! Did I do something wrong that didn't allow SFCjoeMe's adjusted points to calculate after I changed his unadjusted points?

Yup, that's the one! Mine comes in tomorrow! Let me know if you decide to get one. We can start a club! :lol:
for $250 it might be a while before I get one

Handlebar. Pull my vote. I didn't make it last week. Sorry about that. I missed that part of the voting details.

Save you time. I voted C

I'll explain it: D1 doesn't use penalties, so they don't have to worry about the stupid 🤬 out-of-bounds penalties at Fuji.
Simply learn em and stay clear, not rocket science, only I like GT better than F, that right at the end of the back straight, almost gotta stop before turn in!

If I've counted the votes up correctly, so far we have:

A-10
B-13
C-9, was 10 until Jeff pulled his vote.

...I think it's going to be (around) a long, long time...

If that Rocket wins, I doubt I'll race it! :irked:

Why you no like, eh?

Last edited:
I know I didnt race sunday so I cant vote. But I do think the choices are good. With the exception of fuji. That track hates me.
Yes, you can vote. As long as you're an active member of the league, you can vote. It's only the guys in D3 who had to have raced on Sunday in order to be eligible to suggest a combo. 👍

Back