Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. hooker4

hooker4

Are you ever happy with anything bowler? Nothing anyone says or does on here pleases you. Just my opinion.

Schmiggz likes this.
  2. Daniel Pinho

Daniel Pinho

I've got your point. I've sold all my RB spaceships. Just got a new one to race on sunday. 200.000 coins :yuck:

I hope I can sell this one for good. :mischievous:

Mirado_7 and intoflatlines like this.
  3. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

Damn it man! Counter countered! :D

Rallywagon, intoflatlines and Troggy like this.
  4. kcheeb

kcheeb Premium

You give me no credit ;)

I knew there was a whole bunch of studies around this topic, just didn't know what the numbers were. Will peruse the article tomorrow, thanks!

As to heat, my PC is in the basement, very cool down there and I have never had anything but cool air come out of the case. There's some serious fan power in there and the case is not cramped making for good airflow. But point taken, I'll play around with it and see if I can notice any difference.

I'm probably not the best one to comment on this as I've never had problems noticing dropped framerate in GT5 or 6 :lol:

5. dabneyd

dabneyd Premium

So much downforce, I wonder if it would be any different on sports soft tires...

intoflatlines likes this.
  6. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

For the record, I liked all three combos this week. I ended up voting for my least favorite component of the combos which was Nurburgring.

I like that I haven't felt the need to break out a fish in well over a week. I like beer. I like cigars. I like scotch. There are many other things I like. I just don't feel the need to post about them. I use the like button for that. When I see something I don't like, I make a comment because most of all, I like doing what I like to do.

7. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Thanks for putting that together! I'll be working with @dabneyd pretty soon to transform our snailracing.org address to more of a centralized resource for the league. It'll be similar to what @ExoSphere64 laid out in the second to last paragraph of the latest Pit Board and it may possibly be a mix of what you designed and what @OxideKart17 put together here. I really don't know how it will look yet, but I just know that I want it to act as a "hub" for the league, especially with the probability of S.N.A.I.L. expanding into other sim racing games such as iRacing and even Assetto Corsa potentially.

Please keep in mind that the first post isn't really designed to be a resource for existing members so much as it's designed to be a thorough introduction to the league for new or potential members. Of course, that doesn't mean that existing members shouldn't or don't need to have a good resource, but I just wanted to explain why the first post isn't as organized or cleaned up as much as a long-time member might want it to be (without all of the fluff).

Okay, I've added a link to the bottom of the first post. Let me know if that's what you were hoping for.

Mirado_7 likes this.
  8. joe_diben

joe_diben

I read that in Ron Swanson's voice in my head.

Mirado_7 likes this.
  9. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

Not really, but it'll be better than nothing at all. Waddaya want? My first born? Blood? Chocolate? ;) 28 hours in the day? :crazy::dopey::lol::bowdown:

10. speer9892003

speer9892003

Thanks for checking it out! It was just something I was working on during my days off the last couple of weeks. It seems like a simple site but with the computer I have and whatnot I actually put a lot of time into it. Some hyperlinks I had to remove and reinsert by hand, the drivers list took the longest. Sometimes a page would so up right so I had to redesign it. Overall though I don't think it turned out bad and actually quite enjoyed working on it.

KTR5 likes this.
  11. LoganMichael

LoganMichael (Banned)

I definitionally was thinking about looking at some of the D comics for inspiration! :D

full89metal and Neovre like this.
  12. Neovre

Neovre

Not sure how many of you know, but the Red Bull Jr. sounded exactly like a spec miata to me. Almost a 100% match lol. You may dig out some spec miata vids on Youtube and see lol. Also I feel like they have dumbed down (slowed down) the steering ratio on the RedBull to make it easier for ppl to drive a full downforce car as the full-blown X2012 and X2013 were a lot more touchy, haven't driven the X2014 on GT6 yet so I can't comment, so those are the reasons why I don't like the car.

Funny enough though I find the Mercedes a very fun car to drive, it does understeer at low speed braking, but the car acts normal at mid to high speed trail braking, it is one of those cars you have to drive off of the rear wheels out of a corner, watch more DTM from the 80's and 90's, the car benefits from higher slip angle at corner exit and you almost feel like you're drifting out of a corner. <---- awesome feeling IMO.

13. intoflatlines

intoflatlines

^^ Never heard a spec Miata that sounded like a V8... but I agree with everything else :D

Wrench_Monkey likes this.
  14. Neovre

Neovre

Should make you drive the Mercedes faster after watching this vid lol

My bad, didn't know the RedBull Jr. has a V8, thought it was some boxer engine. But yeah, every time I drive it, it reminds me of those bugger spec miatas lol..

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2014
    pyxen likes this.
  15. intoflatlines

intoflatlines

I'm not sure if it has a V8 or whatever. I thought someone mentioned it technically "has" an L4 or something. Who knows, it's a fake car :D

It reminds me A LOT of the famous C'était un rendez-vous which was apparently dubbed with the Ferrari 275GTB V12 exhaust sound. Especially those beautifully brutal downshift sounds (a couple at 0:46)..

Neovre likes this.
  16. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

The junior is not a v8. It's also not a 4 cylinder boxer motor. It's 2000cc of UJM with 4 wheels. Reminds me of an un-corked KZ900 from way, way back in the good old days, when I was neither.

Neovre likes this.
  17. mopar440

mopar440

Wow!! One Year?!?! That Was Fast, Thank You Everyone

sseyferth, zer05ive, Chiochan and 2 others like this.
  18. Neovre

Neovre

May the snails be the judge! haha

LoganMichael likes this.
  19. TEX36

TEX36 Premium

Xrad, Xeno and I tested the new Qualifying appearance tonight. Looks just like the Time Trial Seasonals. Which is very distracting when there are several "Lines & Names" ahead of you. Best answer to that would be to drop back and let the lines get out of sight. Or just outrun them all.
    Didn't try turning the Names above the cars Off.

20. Mirado_7

Mirado_7

If it functions like the time trials, then it can be turned off on track. Default button is up on the d-pad. Hopefully it does.

21. intoflatlines

intoflatlines

Qualifying appearance? What's that? During online qualifying, you can see the lines of other drivers in real-time? Hopefully it can be turned off by turning the ghost off

22. jobyone

jobyone Premium

I was driving the Toyota 2000 GT last night. Awesome car to drive. Has side mirrors on the hood so you can see the cars beside you. Not to fast but very adjustable. Looks awesome and is now Premium

@JLBowler I like it when you are grumpy;)

Pifachu, chuyler1, Wolfsatz and 2 others like this.
  23. Azure Flare

Azure Flare (Banned)

Even though I didn't participate Sunday night, I do have a take on the X2014 Jr. and the Mercedes:

The first does require a slow in, fast out approach to corners. I have also found it feels like it wants to go where you want to go, just not off the track.

The Mercedes feels like the time period it's from, so the brakes aren't that good and it does have certain handling characteristics. Taken into account, I think its a really good car.

24. martin20az

martin20az

I loved the mercedes. If you want to better your driving skills you need to learn to drive a car with your right foot. Cars that you can drive flat out and never have to counter steer are boring and take less skill. I picked the merc so people could have fun actually having to drive a car and not just drive a track.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  25. Troggy

Troggy

I still think it was My favorite SNAIL car so far.

26. TMoMoney

TMoMoney

I agree. I hope we will race more street cars rather than race cars with racing tires. I was disappointed that I didn't get to race the 190 evo due to the connection problem.

dgaf95integra and jobyone like this.
  27. martin20az

martin20az

That sucks you missed it. I had a blast throwing it around

28. TMoMoney

TMoMoney

I had a chance to race with a few snails the next morning but the thrill couldn't compare to a packed race track.

May I suggest the M3 CSL if the 190Evo is going out of the combo.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2014
    chatva likes this.
  29. Azure Flare

Azure Flare (Banned)

(Very annoyed that it doesn't sound like that in GT6, or GT5, or even GT4.)

TMoMoney likes this.
  30. TMoMoney

TMoMoney

It sounds dirty and I like it dirty.

Schmiggz likes this.