Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Handlebar

Handlebar Premium

I heartily concur! You, sir, are a class act. :gtpflag:

Enjoy your Prize A selection! :cheers:

hooker4, chatva, KTR5 and 1 other person like this.
  2. turnupdaheat

turnupdaheat

I'm speaking from experience here. The key is to learn from your mistakes and make whatever changes are necessary to improve your overall performance not just your speed.

You're not the only one who has faced such doubts. I only joined the league early this year but after being involved in a number of incidents and I found my myself on the Last Chance List. I had considered myself to be a clean driver but I had to adjust my perception and recognize the need to improve my racecraft. I still have work to do but I stuck with it, despite sometimes having a feeling of dread before each race, and I have enjoyed plenty of close and fun racing with many drivers here including yourself Floyd. Absolutely everyone in this league makes mistakes so don't quit in the face of adversity just do whatever it takes to make yourself a better overall driver.

Handlebar and dgaf95integra like this.
  3. TEX36

TEX36 Premium

RobinHoood - Congratulations on your very excellent racing Sunday night.
    I'm sure Div-7 Drivers will be glad when you get promoted at the end of the March Season. Maybe even skip a few divisions on your march to the top. Well done and deserving of acclaim.

elsbury2 likes this.
  4. Schmiggz

Schmiggz

Same here to RobinHood. As I told you before, one of the tricks to win races is not looking at the rearview mirror, eheheh. Good job man.

5. Bacon Strips

Bacon Strips

Hello, I would like to join S.N.A.I.L. [Spec] Racing! :)

Skills, Nish, lousteezy and 1 other person like this.
  6. aliengamer25

aliengamer25

FloydC3 said,

All week I spent a lot of time on getting better all around was doing good but sat and Sunday I seen myself barley thoughing the brake tried stoping it did good until combo 1 race 2 and I was trying not to do it but the last lap I didn't get on the brake fast enuf because I was trying to not to do the brake thing and knocked someone from a win so if I don't get better this week I'm not race on Sundays until I get better and maybe if I don't get better i don't want that happening again ill just quit snail because I don't want to miss someone's night up again like that I'm trying the best I can to be the best I can and to have great race craft

Hey i have faith in you buddy, remember we all were beginners once too. We have all had our share of pointless spinouts, late breaking into a wall because that turn came to fast, and etc. It happens man don't let it get you down, S.N.A.I.L and everyone ele has faith that's what we are hear for is to help each get better and progress. Just keep at it and hope to see you next to me Sunday!

7. chuyler1

chuyler1 Premium

I'm happy with how the voting turned out...now I look forward to some combos that will be just as exciting as the Spa/Megane combo.

I'm done with Ascari for now. Changing the car won't bring anything fresh. I hope we get to race the Honda some place new.

intoflatlines and Mirado_7 like this.
  8. aliengamer25

aliengamer25

I suggested Deep Forest, Trial Mountain, or Fugi Speedway. That what I think but I don't start racing til Sunday so I'm pretty stoked to see what the combos are

9. chuyler1

chuyler1 Premium

All 3 of those crossed my mind, but we were just at Fuji. I've never been a fan of Deep Forest forward but the reverse direction is a blast. We did that in January though.

Trial Mountain is a good track. It used to be my favorite for a long time. Even in reverse it can be exciting. The only issue is drivers taking liberties with the apexes.

10. rankings18

rankings18 Premium

Congratulations to all the winners! :cheers:

*I received a 30% discount code from Logitech (good for today only) I don't need it and would gladly give it to a fellow SNAIL. pm me for it :)

The fine print:
    *Excludes Harmony Smart Keyboard, Harmony Ultimate One, Wireless Performance Combo MX800, iPad Air & Samsung Galaxy NotePRO tablet accessories, Alert Products, UE 900, UE Boom, UE Mini Boom* Free shipping on orders over $49*

Nish likes this.
  11. TEX36

TEX36 Premium

A privilege to choose a new Combo - with a desire to pick a good one for most everyone. Sooooo I went back over the thread to see what had been suggested in times past.

Will be testing several this afternoon and evening, if necessary. Might even forego the Kart Series tonight. Certainly don't want to flood the thread with 100s of "pick this one" - but just wanted yawl to know it wasn't going to be just my choice.

Thanks again for this opportunity - hope it turns out well.

12. intoflatlines

intoflatlines

Congrats @TEX36, I'm sure it will be a good pick :)

13. OwensRacing

OwensRacing Premium

S M O K E R S :
    PLEASE TAKE THE TIME AND ORDER THIS KIT WITH SOME E LIQUIDS.

I've had four cigs in four days and no withdraws. This device is amazing. Provides huge vapor hits. Warm vapor feels like a lit smoke. Throat hit you expect.

No smell
    Non Carcinogenic

I ordered cafe mocha and TriBeCa flavors. However I recommend getting a sample pack of liquids.

I went with the medium nicotine. If you smoke a full flavor and over a pack a day you may want higher dose.

Good day and to your health.

Drgreenthumb977 and Mark II like this.
  14. Neovre

Neovre

Dude seriously? This is racing man, as much as we try to avoid, contacts do happen. Great racecraft only comes when you have more race time and learn through your mistakes. THERE IS NO OTHER WAY AROUND IT! Now get back in your seat and continue racing!

Sup rob1nd000d~ lol doesn't that sound cooler? jkjk

15. Wolfsatz

Wolfsatz

Congrats Sir @TEX36 !

Well done. I can help you test tonight if you want.

Also congrats to Sh3rw00d F0r3s7 aka @rob1nh000d for the win. Im guessing you are not taking 15&16 so wide anymore.. Good pace with those times.

@hooker4 you may not be as far from D3 as you may think! Congrats.

@dpinho1975 seems that he may be moving up the ranks! D3 will be the most international division.

@Xradkins .. I feel robbed! :crazy: I was so looking to the last round. 3 points was going to an epic closure.

Congrats to all the other divisional winners!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  16. fizzer

fizzer

Seconding Neo's sentiment. Mistakes happen, and more will happen. The important thing is that not only are you aware of the mistake, but you have a good idea of why you made it. You're not likely to repeat it, and it certainly wasn't malicious.

No reason to give up on Sundays for that. Your driving is improving quite a bit, the racecraft and accident avoidance will come in time. Collisions will happen occasionally in competitive racing, and I don't think anyone in S.N.A.I.L. expects them to be non-existant. There are rules in place to encourage drivers to be as clean as possible, but you're never going to eliminate contact entirely in any form of motor racing.

17. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

You're going to need to set up your GTPlanet account to allow me to start a conversation with you. That is how I get the information for division placement distributed to drivers.

18. bigjobrob

bigjobrob

whoops...thought I did...I will check it out.

19. bigjobrob

bigjobrob

Is the forum account, and the GTPlanet account 2 seperate things?

20. bigjobrob

bigjobrob

** Under contacts, I have checked the box for members to contact me, so hopefully good to go.

To be new again (at 50) :).......got it on the edit :)

okay, usually pretty good at this stuff. I signed up for an account that is the 'bigjobrob' name, which I do on this forum. I go to GTPlanet.net, and do not see an account sign up link. Do you have a link to it? Thanks in advance.

21. Rallywagon

Rallywagon Premium

Just a heads up Rob, use that edit button. The forum mods frown upon multiple posts like you just did. If no one has posted since you, its generally in good form just to hit that edit button and add to your post instead of making a new one.

22. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

So you don't get in more trouble for now triple posting, use the EDIT button to add additional information to a previous post if it's the most recent one on the thread.

EDIT:
    NINJA'd by @Rallywagon

23. Rallywagon

Rallywagon Premium

Hiiiyaaaaaa![​IMG]

Drgreenthumb977 likes this.
  24. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

If you hover over your name in the upper right corner of the page, you will be able to select contact details. In there you will see a spot to received conversations from. You should have that box checked and members selected under it.

25. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Good call out! He won a tie-breaker with @CanuckleheadII, which is what caused the confusion. I've corrected the results post.

@Daniel Pinho you are on the clock! Please let us know what your Prize B intentions are!

26. qwietstorm

qwietstorm

I submitted a vote in my division conversation like I was supposed to. I voted for combo 1.

FloydC3 likes this.
  27. Neovre

Neovre

Oh right. Price limit for cars is up to $500,000. Just a friendly reminder :idea:

TEX36 likes this.
  28. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

It would seem that your division's scorekeeper didn't get that transferred over to the director's doc in time to make the results post.

I said in post #52755 that all votes and results needed to be in the directors doc by 11 pm ET and fizzer posted in post #52822 that he had just added your vote. That post was at 6:51 am ET.

If it's any consolation, combo 1 was 15 or so votes behind combo 2 for the most votes.

29. FloydC3

FloydC3

I voted for combo 3 in our division post but its ok and ill keep on try to get better im fix my cock pit better where im more comfortable and this week 90% of my practice will go on race craft

30. bigjobrob

bigjobrob

I have completed that, so assuming should work now :)