Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. fizzer

fizzer

Count me in for Gold, size L please.

zer05ive and KTR5 like this.
  2. jobyone

jobyone Premium

Am I the only one that would like to see a SNAIL Social thread? Somewhere we can talk about whatever and keep this thread focused more on the actual events?

3. IceWarden

IceWarden

Dude...I have talked til I was blue in the face about having a separate forum so we can be real community ;)

intoflatlines likes this.
  4. chuyler1

chuyler1 Premium

Except the '86 MR2. My favorite car from GT5 cannot be driven in GT6 without mods.

5. Col_Mustard

Col_Mustard

Going to run some practice laps in about an hour...anyone around to join me? (1pm PST)

6. fastfox400

fastfox400

Wrong thread.. Oops. But @JLBowler I will be back in action this week.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  7. Wolfsatz

Wolfsatz

8. hillracing

hillracing

I wanted to apologize to anyone that I offended with continuing the argument for as long as I did. For some reason Dragon and JoeW have an axe to grind with me and think I'm a dirty driver. If I am I wish people would file complaints on me or specifically tell me when I wronged them.

What I don't get is I'm trying to contribute something positive to the thread in things that have helped me avoid contact in both my real life racing and otherwise and somehow I'm the bad guy for doing that. So moving forward here's what I'd like to do: Apologize for anyone I've wronged with either anything I've said or done while in SNAIL and I'd like to contribute what I can to this community. If it doesn't offend anyone I'd like to start with putting in writing a talk on passing technique I've taught at different racing schools over the years. When I can find the time to do so I would like to write some other posts on different aspects of racing. I'm not trying to come off as if I know any more than anyone here just this is what I've done for a living for 14 years and it's what I can do to contribute if anyone is interested. If not I'll just continue to enjoy the great racing SNAIL provides us and hopefully find some other way to give back in the future.

9. Wolfsatz

Wolfsatz

@hillracing
    Hill,
    would you like to participate next Thursday as a Sr. Snail 'Instructor' in the Yellow Practice room?
    Not sure if you are available, but I am trying to get one of the fast guys come race with us at the Yellow to share techniques, tips, etc. and have a good relaxed time!

10. Neovre

Neovre

I would support that, but also bear in mind that there are lower divisions that aren't up to advanced passing techniques outside the "sufficient overlap rule" just yet when some they are still figuring out how to go faster. But I would really like to see what you have in store since I am still an amateur in racing (on sim and IRL) and seeking professional coaching(I can't really afford) and advices. I feel like I am at a point where my self-learning has reached a plateau.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  11. AJKVail

AJKVail

Platinum Sponsor for me! XL shirt please!
    I will give the GTPedia book to the first SNAIL that donates $10.00! Every little bit helps guys!

zer05ive, fzappa, goofytyler and 2 others like this.
  12. fizzer

fizzer

I keep saying it, but I'll bring it up again. GTP should give us (and other large clubs meeting some criteria of size and activity) the ability to have sub forums. I'm sure SNAIL brings a good percentage of the ad views to GTP and a large number of premium members. If SNAIL had to host its own forums, GTP would loose out and SNAIL members would now have to keep up on two different forums.

I have no contacts with GTP admins myself, so I don't think I could really get anywhere with it, but I bet some of the SNAIL leadership has the ear of some GTP leadership. It would be good for SNAIL and good for GTP.

As I've also said before, I'm amazed at how well snail DOES run on a single massive thread, but it could be so much better/easier (and less time consuming for Team S.N.A.I.L.) to have some sub forums to keep various communication organized.

Nish, JoeW, msgt-sd and 2 others like this.
  13. Rallywagon

Rallywagon Premium

So, I've spent some time mulling it over, and I think it might be best to allow someone else to run the paint list. Someone who actively participates in Sunday events and such. At this point I have no intentions of returning for Sunday night events. If anyone would like to take over, feel free to PM and I will get you started on turning it over.

To continue on that tune. I plan on getting ever more involved in iRacing, and plan on pushing cheeb on getting a more active league going there. We are gaining slowly, but everyone that's joined is either a current or previous snail. I'd like to change that and get events going with a bigger grid. All in due time I'm sure.

On a side note, my ps3 has started working again(for now) so you cab expect to see me drifting and once we get the track creator, running touge rooms.

14. tezgm99

tezgm99

I believe I have finished doing the reviews for this week.

zer05ive and Neovre like this.
  15. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

@Rallywagon could you send me a PM with the details of "running the color list"? I am interested.

zer05ive and ExoSphere64 like this.
  16. Col_Mustard

Col_Mustard

17. Neovre

Neovre

Col_Mustard likes this.
  18. intoflatlines

intoflatlines

I'm interested in the color list if @KTR5 decides otherwise. I know we've discussed a few things in the past

zer05ive likes this.
  19. quattpequatt

quattpequatt

What is the color list?

20. hillracing

hillracing

I would love to however I haven't had the time to even fire up the PS3 for a while so I thought writing something might be helpful instead.
    Nothing I teach as far as passing violates the sufficient overlap rule or is really all that complex. I like to break things down to simplicities rather than making things complex. I think I'll try writing something up and see what people think. If it's not useful then no harm done but if it is then maybe it will be a way I can help while I can't participate in other ways.

Nish, Oshawa-Joe, msgt-sd and 4 others like this.
  21. lousteezy

lousteezy

That would definitely be useful Mr. Hill

22. tezgm99

tezgm99

The list that shows who has chosen to use a certain colour (and what it is) and/or race number (where applicable) for their cars on Sundays.

23. Col_Mustard

Col_Mustard

24. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

It looks like all the incident reviews are done and penalties are given. Are we going to get an official redo on the prize winners soon?

Oh, you have a big fish to slap me with?

upload_2014-4-9_18-12-12.jpeg

Good thing I can dodge that...

[​IMG]

25. Mark II

Mark II

Is this room still open?

Edit: seems closed.. New one open if any would like to join!

26. joe_diben

joe_diben

All the D7 data has been entered into to results doc. Enjoy! Thanks @kcheeb for the help.

27. moeom

moeom

Im new here so sorry if i missed it some where. With over 1830 pages, its kinda hard for me to find the schedule. The 2nd post only shows the past weeks' race schedule.

euclid58 likes this.
  28. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

This post (which is linked at the bottom of the first post) has a lot of useful information, including the schedule.

zer05ive likes this.
  29. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

You're looking in the right place just a little bit too early. The 2nd post will have next weeks schedule up as soon as it is chosen. The stewards are currently finishing up their work for the week and will be making the results from last week official soon. Once that is done, the prize winners will be able to make their selections for this week and the 2nd post will be updated.

moeom likes this.
  30. Neovre

Neovre

Nice picture of me, what are the new combo's again? lol