◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,791 comments
I'll leave the final decision to @zer05ive on when to use the SnailRacing.org in the room title but I would go with this. Use the SnailRacing.org when you are practicing current combos, running old combos, practicing for any of the other series we have and title the room as such. For example, use SnailRacing.org-practice when racing the current weeks combos, use SnailRacing.org-karts if you're practicing or testing for the kart series, use SnailRacing.org-old combos if you want to run past combos. Just remember that anytime you have your room titled using the SnailRacing.org that you are representing us and need to behave in a way that reflects well on the group as a whole.

When S.N.A.I.L. gets real! I hope you guys are all stoked about GT Academy starting up rather soon. I knew it was all in the works but not an exact date on anything. Of course I'm supposed to be hush about things even though I don't want to haha. You guys better kick some ass this season! I need an awesome teammate next year! I'll be putting in times since I'll be home for the time it's open. Hopefully some racing with you guys as well! Keep at it and again if any of you have any questions feel free to message me cause I'm more than willing to help out.

Oh, and you guys ******g rock! Can't thank you enough for all the support! I knew there was something good with this group when I joined back in 2012.

13853496133_45b3119617_c.jpg

how is it a problem on Sundays but not in the middle of the week? :confused:

The problem is what I could cause to others due to being booted by the servers in the middle of a race or starting to lag. In my case, I'm racing from Brazil therefore my "ping" tends to be slower than my fellow SNAIL american friends. Sunday races have a larger audience and the risk is higher to everyone.

After 1.06, my PS3 started to behave in even more caothic fashion which made me even more concerned.

But you're right. There is no difference between weekend and weekday races. I will take that into account. Probably the best is to stay away for now and to wait for a better server enviroment.

The problem is what I could cause to others due to being booted by the servers in the middle of a race or starting to lag. In my case, I'm racing from Brazil therefore my "ping" tends to be slower than my fellow SNAIL american friends. Sunday races have a larger audience and the risk is higher to everyone.

Bu You're right. There is no difference between weekend and weekday races. I will take that into account. Probably the best is staying away for now and wait for a better server enviroment.

D3 has 2 racers from Brasil as well, and usually are pretty good. No major latency from them specifically.

The Diablo/ Silverstone combo has to stay!
Noooooooo

That being said I did like the Combo. But it is not good for the majority of the league.

I like the low power stuff. Especially when you fast guys get stuck behind traffic for a few laps as I build up a big lead;) My wingman @tezgm99 did well holding you off for a few laps so I could get a very rare win in the WCD:) I think I owe him a beer now:cheers:

Hah. I was trying to get @intoflatlines to play wingman for me in the last Diablo race, @dabneyd wasn't having any of that action however. Then @JoeW grabbed an oar for a couple laps, but he fell in with a small splash a few turns before the finish line and dabney took my rod and reel and threw the bait back at me.

Last edited:
Hah. I was trying to get @intoflatlines to play wingman for me in the last Diablo race, @dabneyd wasn't having any of that action however. Then JoeW grabbed an oar for a couple laps, but he fell in with a small splash a few turns before the finish line and dabney took my rod and reel and threw the bait back at me.
You should know I'm too slow to play wingman for you! :D

Same here. I would like to join atleast for a race to see if the time is really good for me so I can race with you guys (because of all this summer daylight saving time, during one period of the year I'm 1 hour ahead of EST, then in another I'm 3 hours. :lol:)

I need a rules interpretation from a steward. In last nights race, three (I was in the middle) of us were going 3-wide (I believe) just coming out of a turn. The car on my right bumps me, which sends me into the car on the left, who then spins off the track. Who ultimate is responsible for the incident me of the car that hit me?

Also, I only became aware of this incident after reviewing the replays this morning. Last night I felt & heard the initial bump, but was not aware I made contact with the second car (did not feel/hear a thing - I thought he caught grass and spun) and I would of swore up and down that no contact was made. But after reviewing the replay, there was definite contact. How is this handled by the driver (and stewards) after the fact?

I need a rules interpretation from a steward. In last nights race, three (I was in the middle) of us were going 3-wide (I believe) just coming out of a turn. The car on my right bumps me, which sends me into the car on the left, who then spins off the track. Who ultimate is responsible for the incident me of the car that hit me?

Also, I only became aware of this incident after reviewing the replays this morning. Last night I felt & heard the initial bump, but was not aware I made contact with the second car (did not feel/hear a thing - I thought he caught grass and spun) and I would of swore up and down that no contact was made. But after reviewing the replay, there was definite contact. How is this handled by the driver (and stewards) after the fact?

File a report. Provide the timestamp (either overall or the time in the lap), round number, race number and lap number and give an explanation of how you see it and the stewards will take a look at it.

I'm far from a Steward, but this happened to me a few weeks ago. I was also the "middle" car. The driver that initiated the first contact got penalized. But it depends on other factors too.

Back