◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,802 comments
All I can say that D2 was fun racing too! :D Even thought I had some issues all night long, had a lot a fun.

Funny for me was the last lap of race 2 at Trial Mountain. I kept mubling so I wouldn't make a mistake and could win the race. :lol:

D7 replays, scores and votes are up.
It was my first time putting in scores, all is correct but I notice the positions didn't change chronologically in column B, wondering why?

Those look pretty good to me. But I'm not an expert (nor am amateur). Maybe @JLBowler will take a look and give some feedback.[/quote]

Hi @JLBowler

I had sent this to @KTR5 but i guessed you missed it. I'm listed as D7 second alternate for host but KTR5 wanted your opinion if my speeds look good enough to host. I forget who told me but apparently there has been issues with hosts in Canada.
Thanks.

aerolite said
Here you go, one to Miami and one to LA.
View attachment 175386

View attachment 175387

request to join S.N.A.I.L.

@123456778

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Those look pretty good to me. But I'm not an expert (nor am amateur). Maybe @JLBowler will take a look and give some feedback.

Hi @JLBowler

I had sent this to @KTR5 but i guessed you missed it. I'm listed as D7 second alternate for host but KTR5 wanted your opinion if my speeds look good enough to host. I forget who told me but apparently there has been issues with hosts in Canada.
Thanks.

aerolite said
Here you go, one to Miami and one to LA.
View attachment 175386

View attachment 175387

The ping numbers aren't bad but that upload number is worrisome. Not just for hosting but for racing in general. I'm really surprised you don't already have issues in larger rooms with an upload under 1 MB.

The ping numbers aren't bad but that upload number is worrisome. Not just for hosting but for racing in general. I'm really surprised you don't already have issues in larger rooms with an upload under 1 MB.
After two months of racing I have never had an issue at all with lag or dc's, even in full rooms, so hopefully it stays that way.
Do you think it's too much of a risk then to try hosting if needed?

After two months of racing I have never had an issue at all with lag or dc's, even in full rooms, so hopefully it stays that way.
Do you think it's too much of a risk then to try hosting if needed?

You wouldn't see the lag on your side. Everyone else would see it and it would probably manifest itself in jittery movements of your car as it would appear to others. You have enough download to receive the information about everyone else's car position. The issue would be with you sending your car position information to everyone else.

Since hosting in a mesh style lobby doesn't use any more bandwidth than any other driver, it's probably not any more of an issue than just being in the room.

You wouldn't see the lag on your side. Everyone else would see it and it would probably manifest itself in jittery movements of your car as it would appear to others. You have enough download to receive the information about everyone else's car position. The issue would be with you sending your car position information to everyone else.

Since hosting in a mesh style lobby doesn't use any more bandwidth than any other driver, it's probably not any more of an issue than just being in the room.
Ok, thanks. I'll ask the others when we next race how my car looked to them.
I'm going to get a D7 room conversation going so we can avoid the last minute issues we've had the last couple of Sundays.

Should that even be allowed to count? He ran the first two races and then votes for a combo he didn't even race. You should have to participate in order to get a vote for the night.

Just so it doesn't look like I'm picking on one guy. It was done in D1 as well. A guy raced the first race of the night and then voted for a combo that he has never raced.

This is taken directly from the first post:

"At the end of league night, everyone votes on which car and track combo they enjoyed the least."

I would read that to mean that any votes cast before the end of the night upon leaving the room should not count and any votes sent via PM or posted in the thread should not count. Of course there would need to be allowances made if a room imploded before the votes could be cast then votes could be collected from everyone that was present at the end of the night. If you quit before the end of the night and don't get to run all the combos then you can't really say that you enjoyed a combo you didn't even race the least.

Last edited:
Should that even be allowed to count? He ran the first two races and then votes for a combo he didn't even race. You should have to participate in order to get a vote for the night. You have to run four races to get a week removed from probation if you're on it. It should be the same for voting. You should at least have to race the combo you are voting off.

Just so it doesn't look like I'm picking on one guy. It was done in D1 as well. A guy raced the first race of the night and then voted for a combo that he has never raced.
Not so fast...he raced...then got screwed by our system. I was DCD, Frozen and left with blank lobby screens...I qualified three races and raced two (the dam Subaru...actually great car wrong track) and I voted. I do not think anyone who made it to the track should be excluded. Period. And that is what OUR rules should say. Rant out. :mad:

Not so fast...he raced...then got screwed by our system. I was DCD, Frozen and left with blank lobby screens...I qualified three races and raced two (the dam Subaru...actually great car wrong track) and I voted. I do not think anyone who made it to the track should be excluded. Period. And that is what OUR rules should say. Rant out. :mad:

I disagree. I've added to my post that you quoted, but in short, how can you vote for a least favorite combo if you don't even race all three combos? If you want to give someone a vote when they don't run the full night, they should only be allowed to vote for something that they actually raced.

Just being the devil's advocate here, but couldn't it be possible that someone could have come to the conclusion as to what their least favourite combo was while racing in an official practice room?

Just to play devil's advocate back at you. Should we allow drivers to vote on Thursday night for their least favorite combo? What if you have a bad experience in practice but then have the two best races of your life on Sunday night? Sunday is what counts and if you're not willing or able to participate in a combo then you shouldn't have a say in it being removed from the lineup.

Just to play devil's advocate back at you. Should we allow drivers to vote on Thursday night for their least favorite combo? What if you have a bad experience in practice but then have the two best races of your life on Sunday night? Sunday is what counts and if you're not willing or able to participate in a combo then you shouldn't have a say in it being removed from the lineup.

That's fair enough for me.

Scores...
Because with @KTR5 probably going to D5 gotta get this sheet worked out.

I will send it to you in a conversation. We don't need a bunch of people trying to enter it without permissions set up.

There's nothing to do there except enter who won pole, finishing positions, and record votes. There isn't a whole lot to straighten out. DragonWhisky creates the sheets each week from the master list that I maintain. We ask that you don't straighten out anything there, just enter the bare minimum amount of information until DragonWhisky moves it to the results doc.

Just being the devil's advocate here, but couldn't it be possible that someone could have come to the conclusion as to what their least favourite combo was while racing in an official practice room?
Also the combo he voted out he had driven the previous week.

Also the combo he voted out he had driven the previous week.

But he didn't race the other new combo, so he still cast a vote without racing all the options. My point is that you should have to experience all the combos on Sunday night in your division to get a proper impression of them. If you don't do that, you're making an uninformed vote and that shouldn't be allowed here.

Just a FYI on replays for D6. Since we had several with DC problems, we're going to try to piece-meal them later tonight as soon as I can get away from my family for 30 minutes. I'll put races 1, 3-6 and someone else (I hope) will get the 2nd race of the night.

But he didn't race the other new combo, so he still cast a vote without racing all the options. My point is that you should have to experience all the combos on Sunday night in your division to get a proper impression of them. If you don't do that, you're making an uninformed vote and that should be allowed here.

*Raise hand* Question - We had someone race round 1, first race of round 2, then voluntarily leave and cast their vote for 3 (a previously raced combo). Should I remove it given the recent discussion?

Back