◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,798 comments
I returned to the Thursday practice and will not be back ever...unless normal Rules of conduct and issuance of penalties for dumb ass overly aggressive driving are
Enforced. Its a shame I was really enjoying myself.
Yeah it was my first time in a year (for that reason alone)...but I wanted to run the Red
Bull track once before Sunday.

There was one guy who thought divebombing was the proper way to pass...every corner :) I swear he divebombed me 4-5 times before I was able to get out of traffic. It was humorous because he'd divebomb, I'd let him go by, and I'd undercut him as he went wide.

capturerain-png.180826

I won't use it for a banner, but I couldn't resist taking it.

We should race in the rain sometime...

On the subject of banners, does anyone know a link to where I can find track maps like the ones that were being used before?

I returned to the Thursday practice and will not be back ever...unless normal Rules of conduct and issuance of penalties for dumb ass overly aggressive driving are
Was that the 2nd race at trial mtn.
I remember I was hanging around the back when I saw you spun out.
I think after all the carnage was said and done I went from 10th to 5th. Sorry that kinda crap sucks.
Have to thank Tex though he was tailing me whole race and even though he's faster than me he never got overly aggressive and kept it clean all the way.
Cheers Tex :cheers:

capturerain-png.180826

I won't use it for a banner, but I couldn't resist taking it.

We should race in the rain sometime...

On the subject of banners, does anyone know a link to where I can find track maps like the ones that were being used before?
Nice Pick. Racing in the rain can suck when you are behind. We do it occasionally in the DTC but tend to steer clear of it.

Here are all the Track images I created.

http://s1264.photobucket.com/user/jobyone71/library/Tracks

if i got in anyone's way lsy night on the red bull track, i am sorry. i dont like the subbie on this track maybe if it was a different car i wouldve enjoyed it

Promotion and Relegation Update

Most of the heavy lifting is done for the month. All drivers that submitted time trials this week are tentatively placed in a division. Messages for new drivers will be going out Saturday morning. If you have asked to be reinstated and have not heard back from me, rest assured that I am working on it and you will be notified of your division Saturday morning as well.

I can tell you that as of this moment, 40 drivers will be switching divisions. This is due to the consolidation down to six divisions. This means that there are more full time drivers in every division with the hope of increasing grid sizes week in and week out.

I will be updating the driver's list Saturday morning as well. The results sheet and directors document will not be updated until sometime on Sunday. It will be very important for all drivers to work together to get host duties set up and ready to go for Sunday night. Drivers will need to send friend requests and hosts will need to accept them. Please remember to not open your room until 1/2 hour before race time. This gives consistency as to when friend requests can be sent and received.

I simple pm to an offender may help

For the Red Bull Ring, I just found one on Google and modified to suit.

Banners are done!

View attachment 180843

View attachment 180844

View attachment 180845

Not bad for a first attempt, I think.
I would try to not crop the cars out of the shot. I would also make the shots frontal. Remember, these are examples used for the purpose of car identification. People use these particular shots as a reference.

Getting the creative shots are more for personal galleries and to show off.

I personally would use a lighter color, frontal angles and full shots (not crops of half the car) so people can easily see the entire car and know what to look for in the dealership.

But that's me :)

Was that the 2nd race at trial mtn.
I remember I was hanging around the back when I saw you spun out.
I think after all the carnage was said and done I went from 10th to 5th. Sorry that kinda crap sucks.
Have to thank Tex though he was tailing me whole race and even though he's faster than me he never got overly aggressive and kept it clean all the way.
Cheers Tex :cheers:
The 2nd race at trial was awesome

@JoeW You can easily tell what car they are, even from just that view. The track map is where the racing takes place, and the car shows what it is.

Besides, I always thought that the other banner photos always looked a bit bland to me, so enhancing them brings out the car itself, and in my eye, looks much better.

Also, this was my first time making them...

@JoeW You can easily tell what car they are, even from just that view. The track map is where the racing takes place, and the car shows what it is.

Besides, I always thought that the other banner photos always looked a bit bland to me, so enhancing them brings out the car itself, and in my eye, looks much better.
Just saying what I, a professional photographer, would do :)

Reference material is shot and presented differently than creative material.

You're the banner guy...it's your show...the rest us just watch it.

Well, if you think you can do better, you do it. I just wanted to have the banners back as we didn't have any for the last 2 weeks.

@JoeW You can easily tell what car they are, even from just that view.

A newcomer looking at the RX7 picture would have no idea what car it represents. And cutting off the top and rear of the cars isn't really being creative. Cropping/zooming in on certain areas of photos is done to highlight specific parts of the subject. The Subaru/Jag shots chop off 1/4 of the image without highlighting something specific. If you are going to ignore the advice about reference photos and want to be creative, then practice being creative. Your crops are basically chopping off part of the car without highlighting something interesting.

Just trying to help...

Well, if you think you can do better, you do it. I just wanted to have the banners back as we didn't have any for the last 2 weeks.
Better is subjective. Don't take offense.

I am a photographer because I like doing it. I love having the time to run through replays and taking shots. But I don't have time to do so like others here might. As you can see, I may post photos once every couple of months. So I try to help those that have the time get better so I can enjoy the fruits of my, and your labors :)

Im gonna be opening a practice room for those who wanna do some laps. Happy 4th!

Room number will be up in about 10 minutes, so 2:00 PST

Back