◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,791 comments
D4 - the email notification system for IRs didn't send me a copy of the IRs so I sent a PM with the details to you.

All Divisions - If you had an Incident Report for shortcutting, but you feel you lifted for a second to offset the cited shortcut, provide the time stamp when you lifted to offset in any response. Thanks!

BTW, is there anyway I or any SNAIL driver could get some driving lessons in consistency, and other subjects like speed, recovery from mistakes... ? How could those workout without headset...? (I don't have one right now)

I'm just a lowly D4 guy, but I'm always willing to share what [little] I know of such things. :) It can be quite cumbersome to have those types of conversations without chat ability though. I have a mini keyboard which makes it mildly tolerable. Heh.

I'm proud to announce that I will be teamed up with Bryan Heitkotter and Doran Racing in a Nissan 370Z for the Continental Tire Series at Daytona next week! Very excited to be running in the U.S. with a great team and co-driver. Can't wait to get behind the wheel again!

Just wanted to stop by and let you guys know! We will be running the No.41 that is supposedly GT Academy themed. Looking forward to it.

I'm proud to announce that I will be teamed up with Bryan Heitkotter and Doran Racing in a Nissan 370Z for the Continental Tire Series at Daytona next week! Very excited to be running in the U.S. with a great team and co-driver. Can't wait to get behind the wheel again!

Just wanted to stop by and let you guys know! We will be running the No.41 that is supposedly GT Academy themed. Looking forward to it.

SWEET!!!! I'll be back living in Orlando when that starts up. Now I just got to find out ticket prices.:gtpflag:

Awesome!!! I might assist myself to the 24h!!!

And as I repplied in a PM @Lessen I'm more than willing to learn so if you'd like to set a time and hour! I'd more than happy to join and learn as much as I can!

Hi SnailRacers

I would like to join your league please, it looks quite well setup and exiting. My PSN ID is Clivevdb_RSA. I drive in our own local Do Gamiming league here in South Africa, this takes part every second Wednesday Night of each month.
Will this interfere with any of SnailSpec's racers. Well hoping to join soon.

Regards
Clive Van Den Berg

@JLBowler My choice is to freeze Grand Valley....thank you very much!
There-is-a-god1.png

Nick, congrats buddy. Good luck and keep pushing.

Hi SnailRacers

I would like to join your league please, it looks quite well setup and exiting. My PSN ID is Clivevdb_RSA. I drive in our own local Do Gamiming league here in South Africa, this takes part every second Wednesday Night of each month.

Regards
Clive Van Den Berg

@Clivevdb

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add @CoachMK21, @Dragonwhisky, @JLBowler, @nmcp1 & @zer05ive as participants. The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing club. Sunday races are organized exclusively through the GT6 Community features within the game.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread. If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

Its unfortunate that the GT6 physics problems with regard to car balance vs for/aft weight transfer are on full display with the RUF. If the physics were more correct, the RUF would be much easier to drive, although it would have quite a bit of push under throttle which is less fun :)
Its interesting how it doesn't seem to lose any front grip as you pick up the throttle. In real life it would change to lots of understeer under heavy throttle as lots of weight is transferred off the front in that situation, the steering goes very numb, and the car will basically just want to go straight. Its not uncommon for a MR or RR car to completely lift an inside front tire under heavy throttle, because of the high % of weight that gets transferred to the rear.
Granturismo is falling behind and right now is considered the 5th or 6th best race simulator behind i-racing, r factor and even behind project c.a.r.s. that haven't come out yet but checked upon the demo releases.
The physics are generally bad, engine noises are crap, specially in the racing cars, the speed is slightly unrealistic and it's exaggerated slippery and the screaming of tires is definitely one annoying thing. Real world tracks have major flaws as the bus stop in Daytona is the best example. Adding to all of that PD doesn't prize us with some DLC with new cars and tracks. All we get is this fake rides called vision granturismo.
If GT7 comes anything short than absolutely amazing, i will be moving on.
i-racing and project to cars are definitely the new big thing but for i-racing I need to purchase a new pc.

i-racing and project to cars are definitely the new big thing but for i-racing I need to purchase a new pc.

Are you willing to pay to play though? On top of the subscription, you have to pay for each additional car, each additional track, and if you want to host, you have to pay.

I checked that part too... it's money very well spent it's not that much. 90 bucks per year plus some change on the meantimes it's not a biggie.

Hi SnailRacers

Regards
Clive Van Den Berg

Just so you're aware, our start time is 9:30 PM ET (GMT - 5:00) in the USA. That puts it at 4:30 AM your local (South Africa or GMT + 2:00) time. Maybe you're normally up then, but I just wanted to let you know that. We do have a few others who are on your side of the pond that race with us.

Granturismo is falling behind and right now is considered the 5th or 6th best race simulator behind i-racing, r factor and even behind project c.a.r.s. that haven't come out yet but checked upon the demo releases.
The physics are generally bad, engine noises are crap, specially in the racing cars, the speed is slightly unrealistic and it's exaggerated slippery and the screaming of tires is definitely one annoying thing. Real world tracks have major flaws as the bus stop in Daytona is the best example. Adding to all of that PD doesn't prize us with some DLC with new cars and tracks. All we get is this fake rides called vision granturismo.
If GT7 comes anything short than absolutely amazing, i will be moving on.
AND MAKE US BY NEW WHEELS I WILL BE DOING THE SAME JUST HAVE TO BUY A PC 450.OO BETTER THAN 950.

Hi SnailRacers

Regards
Clive Van Den Berg

Ons jaag half vyf in die oggend jou tyd...

Really? Sorry dude, no offense but thats the dummest excuse i ever heard, lol.
There's another 759 cars in this game that provides close racing. Just use a little bit of imagination.
I don't mind the Elise but after 6 weeks its enough! Snail is suppose to be unique... Not boring! Continuing the Elise is a huge step towards boredom.
Can't we just leave it alone. You win....you pick. Otherwise....we drive :sly:

All I know is anyone that was in Season 5 of the Race Car Series will do very well at Grand Valley this Sunday. We just had a great season with that car, albeit on Race Mediums but still a lot of driving practice. Just never on this track. Should provide enough power out of turns for overtakes on the longer straights and main straight.

Back