◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,801 comments
:bowdown::cheers::gtpflag:

View attachment 337231

Hi all SNAILS. IT'S MID WEEK!! Time to get my SNAIL on hehe. I will be hosting my usual mid week sessions tonight. Lets try and make it for this week's banners if not let's just have a blast like always and hone our skills for the week end. As always sharing of tips and knowledge is always appreciated and tends to make the night more fun.
PS. Please do not enter room just to set fastest time and leave.
On that note , all snails, have a good night and hope to see my usual suspects @STEAMER62 @pubason and Mr. @TomMang_68 @USERID_77a23 for their fountains of knowledge :bowdown:

and on that BOMB SHELL let's jam.:cheers: now to sort a new playlist. hmmm choices choices:gtpflag:

Room UP

Time to hop onto the SNAIL train. Sign me up!

@Danimal780

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add @CoachMK21, @Dragonwhisky, @JLBowler, @nmcp1 & @zer05ive as participants. The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing club. Sunday races are organized exclusively through the GT6 Community features within the game.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread. If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

I think it's comical people keep voting off Stage 5 when it comes up, yet keep around a piece of crap car like the Ford GT in which you can barely turn the steering wheel without it spinning out. Stage 5 had a great handling car as well. If you go slow enough or take the right angle you won't hit the damn wall! Like really, we repeat all of these same tracks and we can't even keep around a track we barely drive. When I won, I picked Stage 5 and the WRX. It lasted one week. Now, someone else who won, picked Stage 5 and it lasted one week. SMH.

I think it's comical people keep voting off Stage 5 when it comes up, yet keep around a piece of crap car like the Ford GT in which you can barely turn the steering wheel without it spinning out. Stage 5 had a great handling car as well. If you go slow enough or take the right angle you won't hit the damn wall! Like really, we repeat all of these same tracks and we can't even keep around a track we barely drive. When I won, I picked Stage 5 and the WRX. It lasted one week. Now, someone else who won, picked Stage 5 and it lasted one week. SMH.

Who kept the Ford around? We have a Ferrari. Besides, once you get used to the Ford GT, it wasn't that bad, and actually was fun amongst other cars. It was much better than everyone made it out to be a week ago.

SSR5 Reverse is better than forward, but both are better with a lesser powered car than the LFA. That's why it's nice with the WRX. I would've liked that if I was around then. It's a lot of fun with a 400-500PP car.

It was much better than everyone made it out to be a week ago.
Once I got a feel for the sensitivity on the high speed turns, I could appreciate it more. The chicanes and the fact that they are after heavy braking for high speed makes them the most difficult turns on the track for the car. It would do well at a track with mostly high speed turns. Maybe Red Bull Ring?

SSR5 Reverse is better than forward, but both are better with a lesser powered car than the LFA. That's why it's nice with the WRX. I would've liked that if I was around then. It's a lot of fun with a 400-500PP car.

Once I got a feel for the sensitivity on the high speed turns, I could appreciate it more. The chicanes and the fact that they are after heavy braking for high speed makes them the most difficult turns on the track for the car. It would do well at a track with mostly high speed turns. Maybe Red Bull Ring?

I bet it would be a handful around the 2nd corner though. The car would go real light over the apex.

Who kept the Ford around? We have a Ferrari. Besides, once you get used to the Ford GT, it wasn't that bad, and actually was fun amongst other cars. It was much better than everyone made it out to be a week ago.

I misspoke, the Ford GT wasn't voted off. I know the Ford GT is gone. I'm just frustrated we have a new track to drive and it last one week. Grrrrr.

Alright, had a go with a design for the banners. It is a bit different, but I thought I'd show it and get some feedback. I will also try a version of this with all the info across the bottom instead of on the side. I'll do some others that go along with the old format as well. Rip it apart guys!

testBannerRight01.jpg

testBannerLeft01.jpg

testBannerTop01.jpg

testBannerBottom01.jpg

Last edited:
Alright, had a go with a design for the banners. It is a bit different, but I thought I'd show it and get some feedback. I will also try a version of this with all the info across the bottom instead of on the side. I'll do some others that go along with the old format as well. Rip it apart guys!

#3View attachment 337450

I kinda like #3. See what it looks like if you put the specs in a second line under the car name. There is quite a variance in the length of the car names. So, for the Ferrari it works like you have it, but the Miata's name is quite a bit longer.

Good job. I should have got you into this a long time ago.👍👍

Back