◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,790 comments
Prize C:

View attachment 890020

My track selection to send the LEXUS AU TOM'S RC F 2016 (GT500) (RH) will be based on a league wide vote.

• If you are a current SNAIL member you are eligible to vote
  • Reply to this thread with your track selection
  • Do not edit your post or keep a running tally of votes
  • You have 24 hours to vote. Voting closes in 24 hours (2/12 9PM EST)
  • If there is a tie between tracks, the track voted on first will be used as the tie breaker
  • Time of day will be set to default (unless I choose otherwise)
Let the voting begin!

@Nicktune @Timlour @Xradkins @NASCARNATE91 @Fudman420 @GTPvw_slc @thracerviewr @Bologna_Duc @Noob01_lmdead @MikeGrove @Neutty @Rednose58 @FREEREVN @nmcp1 @llNovall @Rob Brown @Kgffy @soundtiger95 @N38824r @Akzl298 @Phlano099 @Grandpa Money @basswerks1 @FullhouseGame @Lean_22_YT @DublDee @TomMang_68 @Mt626v6 @Jonesman59 @Alexrider007 @Deal24 @USERID_77a23 @CoachMK21 @racingchamp30 @TEX36 @diehard racer @SlvrOnyx @JamCar0ne @gulfvet67 @IDreamInGT3 @Skills @CANOWORMS1 @tab1chevy @stelephant @pubason @MajorBlixem @TTTtothetop @Drifter1171 @Nick Cannella @Drummer79 @Raw10_2u @JLBowler
Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa

Below are the two choices for prize A. If you are on the active drivers list, you get one vote and you have 24 hours to cast it in this thread. Deadline is 6PM ET on Thursday.

@TEX36 , @JLBowler
Prize A selection
Honda 2&4 powered by RC213V
18:00 clear
Tsukuba Circuit

@TEX36 @JLBowler

Prize A selection
Subaru Impreza Coupe WRX Type R Sti Version VI '99 N300 Category puts it on SM tires. 30,000 Credits to buy at dealership.
12:00 Fine Weather
Nurburgring GP
Lap Time for me was 2:25.943

Prize C:

View attachment 890020

My track selection to send the LEXUS AU TOM'S RC F 2016 (GT500) (RH) will be based on a league wide vote.

• If you are a current SNAIL member you are eligible to vote
  • Reply to this thread with your track selection
  • Do not edit your post or keep a running tally of votes
  • You have 24 hours to vote. Voting closes in 24 hours (2/12 9PM EST)
  • If there is a tie between tracks, the track voted on first will be used as the tie breaker
  • Time of day will be set to default (unless I choose otherwise)
Let the voting begin!

@Nicktune @Timlour @Xradkins @NASCARNATE91 @Fudman420 @GTPvw_slc @thracerviewr @Bologna_Duc @Noob01_lmdead @MikeGrove @Neutty @Rednose58 @FREEREVN @nmcp1 @llNovall @Rob Brown @Kgffy @soundtiger95 @N38824r @Akzl298 @Phlano099 @Grandpa Money @basswerks1 @FullhouseGame @Lean_22_YT @DublDee @TomMang_68 @Mt626v6 @Jonesman59 @Alexrider007 @Deal24 @USERID_77a23 @CoachMK21 @racingchamp30 @TEX36 @diehard racer @SlvrOnyx @JamCar0ne @gulfvet67 @IDreamInGT3 @Skills @CANOWORMS1 @tab1chevy @stelephant @pubason @MajorBlixem @TTTtothetop @Drifter1171 @Nick Cannella @Drummer79 @Raw10_2u @JLBowler
Sorry if this is a tad close to the deadline, but I would love to see Big Willow

Wow, as an outsider looking in I must say, this new format is a HUGE change from the structure that worked successfully for so long. I’m sure the BoD weighed the pros and cons very carefully before making such a drastic change. And I’m also sure they anticipated some kickback. Just remember how many volunteers work tirelessly to try and accommodate everyone... an impossible task. So those with criticisms, try to keep it civil and constructive. And remember, SNAIL has always sought to make the experience as fun and fair as possible for the majority of members. This often involves revisiting newly implemented policies and tweaking the new changes. That’s what makes constructive feedback so valuable.

Even though I feel like I’m speaking a little out of turn here - since I’m not an active racer - I still feel like everyone should give the new format a fair shakedown before running for the hills or badmouthing the new system. Run it for the month. After all, a bad day of racing should be better than a good day of work.

As for the new format, I kind of wonder why all three of the rounds don’t replace qualifying with the current drivers list? I do think @IDreamInGT3 brought up a worthwhile concern about the carryover from combos. Having a bad finish resulting in a bad starting position would certainly be discouraging - and “overcoming adversity” would be especially challenging if said racer was not at fault for the bad finish. I’m sure it was considered, but it seems using the drivers list for all three rounds would more accurately “simulate” the qualifying.

Aside from that, I think the new format is super cool. I’ve always appreciated longer races and despised waiting for useless downtime. I’d gladly trade qualifying for more battling. And from what I understand, qualifying has just been a time sucking thorn in the side of SNAIL since GTSPORT’s inception. Hopefully the next version of GT will get that qualifying system working again.

We basically had 3 options for Race 1 of Rounds 2 and 3. Predetermined Grid List. Reverse Grid. Grid as per Previous Race Results.

We thought the Grid List for every Race 1 may be a bit too discouraging for drivers who might have missed the first race night of the season and then starting towards the back for every Race 1 for race nights 2, 3 and 4. (Obviously it is an incentive for drivers to make it to all the race nights).

We thought reverse grid for all races was too much punishment for the drivers who did well just to get moved back on the grid for every race.

We thought that for the grids for R2R1 and R3R1 based on previous race results, there will be an incentive for the faster drivers to make there way through the field patiently in Race 2 and get rewarded for a good effort by starting the next round in the position he finished. You can actually see Race 2 of each combo as a qualifying race for Race 1 of the next combo where the fastest guys in Race 1 have to start at the back and race clean and hard to start in a good position for the next combo.

If you screw up in Race 1 you get potentially rewarded twice by starting on pole for Race 2 and high in Race 1 of the next Combo if you keep it together. If you screw up in Race 2, you are "punished" by starting low in the next combo. So, it just depends on when you screw up..... Race clean, race hard and you will be rewarded accordingly.

Sunday, February 16, 2020 Lineup
February 2020 Season - League Night #2
1. SUBARU IMPREZA COUPE WRX TYPE R STi VERSION VI 1999 on SM Tires @ Nürburgring GP - 12:00 Fine Weather - (6 Laps)
2. TOYOTA 86 GR.4 on RH Tires @ Autopolis International Racing Course - Shortcut Course - 12:00 Fine Weather - (13 Laps)
3. LEXUS AU TOM'S RC F 2016 (GT500) on RH Tires @ Fuji International Speedway (Short) - 06:15 Clear - (11 Laps)

Details

Changes to the Sunday night format

This is an order of operations for Sunday night racing. This format leaves only 9 minutes for scorekeeping and other unexpected delays. If you are leaving for the night in between races, type that you won’t be back. There is no point in waiting three minutes for someone to return when they are not coming back. Remember that the three minutes to return from a DC starts when the individual is DC'd, or believed to have DC'd. It’s not an additional three minutes from when you are ready to start the next race.

Remember that there is no requirement for scorekeeping to be done live. It is preferred to be done live but it is perfectly acceptable to record all of the necessary information (finishing positions and fast lap data) and enter it all at the end of the night. The important part is that the data is correct, especially given the fact that fast laps now award points.
  • The track is open for practice from the time the lobby opens until start time. Only at the first track.
  • R1R1
  • Scoring and replays. Must notify when finished.
  • R1R2
  • 90 second warm up based on session timer that is in the lower left hand corner of the screen. The host will have to have their HUD set up to be able to see this and they will be required to start the race when that timer reaches 90 seconds (1:30). The track is not changed until the replays and scores are done and those performing the duties have notified the host.
  • R2R1
  • R2R2
  • 90 second warm up. Same as above.
  • R3R1
  • R3R2
Maximum race time will change from 17 minutes to 16.5 minutes.

Race countdown timer will change to 90 seconds.

If any host is observed allowing the warm up to go past the 90 seconds before starting the race the warm up period will be eliminated.

If you are giving someone their three minutes for a DC that they get the three minutes before the track is changed. As soon as they re-enter the room or three minutes have passed since they left, whichever comes first, switch the track and the warm up starts or start the race.

If a driver DCs during the warm up, it's treated just like a DC during qualifying was. We don't wait for them and they can have last place points.

If there are any questions about how to implement the changes, please ask in the main thread and the BoD will provide an answer.

"I have read the first post and would like to join,"

Rejoin!

Happy spring team....

@Harry Rowley

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add zer05ive, JLBowler, nmcp1, Rednose58, MajorBlixem, SAMHAIN85 & llNovall as participants.

The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

Just a quick reminder that there are three league nights remaining in The ButtKicker Challenge VII

Here are the current standings as of last Sunday night's races

Don't forget about your exclusive ButtKicker discounts!!

Enter coupon code SNAIL2019 at thebuttkicker.com for a 20% DISCOUNT and FREE SHIPPING on ANY product!

(coupon code expires 1/31/20)

And if you're near a Micro Center location, please swing by and give their sim racing setup a test ride. Every location in the country has a fully loaded sim racing rig featuring The Buttkicker 👍
Has the drawing happened?

Back