◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,803 comments
I have read the first post and would like to join.

Looks like your practice session yielded no issues with your connection. Please follow the below to join SNAIL. 👍

@matrix_gt1
Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add @CoachMK21, @JLBowler, @nmcp1,@zer05ive ,@Rednose58 &, @MajorBlixem as participants.

The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread. If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

Now I'm curious. @Marcus Garvey and @basswerks1 where are you guys actually located?

New England

Edit: Ugh. Sorry to steal another totpp. For my carelessness I submit another autoslolam endo.

fiat-500-abarth-akrapovic-salto.jpeg

I just wanted to say I had fun, even though my internet was acting up. I knew I was rusty, but I didn't realize everyone has become so much faster than I remember. 👍

Thanks for allowing me to join the D1 crowd last night. There was a little more bumping and grinding than I recall from back in the day, but it was just practice. I'm looking forward to next time.

Last edited:
09-1399635347-996612-453976881384991-1873263218-ncopy.jpg

Are you interested in donating your time to one of the many Division duties, but don't know how to do them?

This Sunday at 7PM EST we will be going over the in's and out's of Scorekeeping and Data.

So far @thracerviewr and @Neutty have signed up. It will only make sense if you can be nearby a laptop/desktop computer as we enter some mock data. It shouldn't take more than 15-20 minutes to go over everything.

SNAIL's many volunteers is what makes it go 'round, and without them SNAIL would've died a long long time ago.

You can also earn $hells for fulfilling these duties!

Post here or PM me if you're interested

Edit: and the sooner you let us know the better, since you will need to be given access by @CoachMK21 @JLBowler

Last edited:
View attachment 742102

Are you interested in donating your time to one of the many Division duties, but don't know how to do them?

This Sunday at 7PM EST we will be going over the in's and out's of Scorekeeping and Data.

So far @thracerviewr and @Neutty have signed up. It will only make sense if you can be nearby a laptop/desktop computer as we enter some mock data. It shouldn't take more than 15-20 minutes to go over everything.

SNAIL's many volunteers is what makes it go 'round, and without them SNAIL would've died a long long time ago.

You can also earn $hells for fulfilling these duties!

Post here or PM me if you're interested

Unfortunately Im still in the desktop era at my house. Just keep in mind I can host (have really fast connection with minimal problems) and do replays whenever needed.

Unfortunately Im still in the desktop era at my house. Just keep in mind I can host (have really fast connection with minimal problems) and do replays whenever needed.
Back when I used to race on Sundays, I'd take a picture of the results along with saving replays. Then I'd enter the data later or the following day. Just a suggestion for those without a portable PC. :sly:

Practice room going up in less than 15 minutes, will be up for at least a couple hours. Will start races once we have 5, half length races so we can get extra start practice in. If I'm not on your friends list search by track you will find me.

Back when I used to race on Sundays, I'd take a picture of the results

This is almost mandatory now if you want to save yourself some time.

For some reason in GTS, when viewing the 'live timing' in a replay, it no longer displays gaps to the leader. 3rd place will have his gap displayed to 2nd place, 4th place to 3rd, etc etc. So you manually have to figure out the gaps to the leader with a calculator when doing data. So much for not removing stuff Kaz...

But once the race is over when you're in the lobby, you can select the Race Results screen and it will display the gaps to the leader like normal. Thats why taking a picture of it if you're the data guy will save you a lot of time now (I've learned the hard way...one or four times :dunce:)

This is almost mandatory now if you want to save yourself some time.

For some reason in GTS, when viewing the 'live timing' in a replay, it no longer displays gaps to the leader. 3rd place will have his gap displayed to 2nd place, 4th place to 3rd, etc etc. So you manually have to figure out the gaps to the leader with a calculator when doing data. So much for not removing stuff Kaz...

But once the race is over when you're in the lobby, you can select the Race Results screen and it will display the gaps to the leader like normal. Thats why taking a picture of it if you're the data guy will save you a lot of time now (I've learned the hard way...one or four times :dunce:)
Yeah, I must thank @Die_Birdy_Die for cluing me in on this strategy. :cheers:
It is a time saver for sure. Except when we had more than the 12 drivers that you can see on screen at once and I didn't scroll down and take a second picture, thus having to calculate the last few drivers the way that @SAMHAIN85 mentions above. :banghead:

While looking up something unrelated in the OLR, I ran across this:

Effective for the October 2015 season and moving forward, SNAIL will be changing the way we put together our Sunday night schedule. All qualifying sessions will be 5 minutes in duration. A 6th minute can be added to allow everyone to get 2 timed laps if it is deemed impossible in the five minute time frame by Admin. (Note for GTS: Qualifying has been adjusted to one out lap and one hot lap. This procedure can be found in section 16 of the OLR.)​

Now I am curious where section 16 of the OLR is located. Anyone know?

16: Qualifying:

A: Qualifying will be done using the “qualify alone” option within GT6. Qualifying will be 6 minutes in duration no matter the number of race laps. In the event that this option becomes unavailable for any reason, a contingency plan will be put into place by the stewards.

GT Sport will use a procedure where all drivers qualify during the "practice" session. The host will be responsible for starting qualifying and ending the qualifying session by starting the race at the predetermined time. The details of the process can be found here.

(I cant seem to "quote" it, but its there. Just search for keywords and youll find it)

I really hope they come up with some qualifying session in an update after the official FIA races get started. That way we can go back to the old GT6 way and get two hot laps just in case we fudge up the first. Also hoping it includes the race alone feature so slowing someone up or spinning out doesn't end your qualifying.

16: Qualifying:

A: Qualifying will be done using the “qualify alone” option within GT6. Qualifying will be 6 minutes in duration no matter the number of race laps. In the event that this option becomes unavailable for any reason, a contingency plan will be put into place by the stewards.

GT Sport will use a procedure where all drivers qualify during the "practice" session. The host will be responsible for starting qualifying and ending the qualifying session by starting the race at the predetermined time. The details of the process can be found here.

(I cant seem to "quote" it, but its there. Just search for keywords and youll find it)

Ah.. so it is actually section 1.16, I was looking for an actual section 16. :dunce:

The drivers list is ready for tonight's racing. If you ran a time trial this week, you are now on the list.

@Sean Renon @matrix_gt1
I'm sorry if this has been answered already, but how many consecutive race weekends does it take to be deemed "full time"?
Every week I look at the drivers list, and it's like Groundhogs day, it's always a "P" beside my name, Lol. I know I had wheel issues a while back, and missed a couple back to back weekends so I understand how I was moved to part time, just not sure how long before I'm considered full time again.:confused:

I'm sorry if this has been answered already, but how many consecutive race weekends does it take to be deemed "full time"?
Every week I look at the drivers list, and it's like Groundhogs day, it's always a "P" beside my name, Lol. I know I had wheel issues a while back, and missed a couple back to back weekends so I understand how I was moved to part time, just not sure how long before I'm considered full time again.:confused:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/snail-olr-policies-and-guidelines.332619/#2.1DSP

The drivers list is ready for tonight's racing. If you ran a time trial this week, you are now on the list.

@Sean Renon @matrix_gt1
As I understand the rules now, I don't need to qualify for a Division placement because I'm not running the race on Sunday. Correct?

At the moment my schedule prevents me from racing on Sunday evenings with everyone. However, I think it would be a good idea to qualify for a Division placement. I see a potential change in my schedule in the future.

Please and thank you.

Back