◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,772 comments
Diet is so much worse for you though. The fake sugars are terribly unhealthy and addictive. I guess if you hardly drink pop it doesn't really matter, I average maybe one a month unless I am drinking. Even then I tend to drink more beer and mead than liquor.
Completely agree with you about the captain though.

@MartinJohn88 - I'm guessing that a microphone for the lead driver is the fastest/easiest method, if connections allow. If first place is coming up on someone, and says "Leader coming up on Fibber McGee" or "Leader coming up on lurid purple car" or "Handlebar about to lap #44" it may work. Even that system has plenty of flaws, I agree.

Without a mic, you hope that the guys getting lapped have memorized the numbers or different colors in their division so they know who's who, but to be honest, I think it's going to be awfully difficult to tell who's who and what lap the guy behind you is on. We've been told there is room to pass, so it must be there.

Whatever the conditions, do your best, no matter the combo. It's a game. I'm not going to get hot and bothered by anything that's likely to be brief. Even if it isn't going to be brief, this is still a game. We can vote our views on Sunday night.
In endurance and in The Other League" they use the term Blue Flag...

As in
NAIL...Blue Flag.

Works.

Thanks @TomMang_68. It's in my signature as well.
Coach has most everything.. his expertise is always helpful. Think of him as a human snail computer. Lol . And he is moderately quick. If he were a twitter page I'd click LIKE.

:gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag::bowdown:.

A Few dozen more of him would be a great addition to this smoking ember residue of a peaceful thread.

Phew ....I got say something GOOD...I was very very tempted to not be quiet.

Out.

Edit...geeze.. Dp for me....should have kept silent :crazy:

New Logo for when new Combos get announced......
snailwednesday.jpg

I wasn't using stock rim size for my Aston Martin even though i was still able to race with it but i fixed that by putting back on standard size rims to use my Merlot Red color. Will use standard size from now on, i had forgotten the rule of no upsized rim sizes.
Wow! something must have changed. I did not know about the rule when I first started, but when I tried to get into a room that was set to no vehicle tuning, I couldn't get in. So, I learned I could not do it. Crazy that it allows that in now.

Wow! something must have changed. I did not know about the rule when I first started, but when I tried to get into a room that was set to no vehicle tuning, I couldn't get in. So, I learned I could not do it. Crazy that it allows that in now.

Sometimes!.. It depends.. All you have to do is reset your trans.
So what is the rule on +size rims?? I never heard you couldn't use a bigger rim? And if so then I am calling myself out as cheating I guess? lol I was told you get less grip cause less sidewall on over sized tires?!! 👍 No Idea if that is true or not..?

Some More Pics from the Tuesday night Practice that rarely happens..!! @TomMang_68 posted some earlier.. It was a great early week practice!! We didn't stray to far from the Lotus!! lol

View attachment 271385 View attachment 271386 View attachment 271387 View attachment 271388 View attachment 271389 View attachment 271390 View attachment 271391 View attachment 271392 View attachment 271393 View attachment 271395 View attachment 271396 GO WINGS!!!!

Couple of last weeks combo's at Brands and the last race for the Aston!! What a fun car that was!! :cheers:
Thank you DC for using thumnails which load faster and still can be used....and NO...I am not on my Phone ...I am on my Zillion lightspeec gaming computer. I still find the full size displays of more than two or three PIX at a time to be congestive in nature.

BTW thanks to all you either ...non bad driving... or non reporting, drivers for a lite week in Replay Review land.

Edit: Over in PACK ATTACK...MONDAY NIGHT BOOST RACE land we need more D7 and D8 people to race with. We have a hard core of about 10 to 12 guys but we need fresh meat for CONNOR, KG, and BC to teach.

Edit: I am organizing a team of Disabled Drivers to participate in the Long Distance races put on by AJ. We need about 4 more guys who are 100 % disabled...either Civillian or Military...or any Military over 50 % Disabled. The Team made up of SNAILS ( if we can find enough) will be a sub-division of @Fallen_log s existing team and will participate in all 2015 events. The event director/owner is receptive to this idea. If we can not find the necessary 6 drivers we will open it up to drivers over 60ish. We will run in the slower division so drivers of ALL experience levels will be welcome...and not overwhelmed.

Team name DART....Disabled Americans Racing Team.
Currenty @Nail-27 , @euclid58 , and @Fallen_log are tentative drivers.
All you need to be able to do is two one hour stints in each race at a minimum. I am well aware of the physical toll long stints can reap on those of us who are "somewhat damaged" so we will shorten stints snd use more drivers. Our goal is to participate at the highest level possible but the satisfaction from finishing an International Endurance Event is often satisfaction enough.

Could that have been back when adding aftermarket wheels actually added skinnier wheels on cars (such as the Viper or Ford GT) that had very wide wheels and tires? There was an obvious performance difference during those times.

Sometimes!.. It depends.. All you have to do is reset your trans.
So what is the rule on +size rims?? I never heard you couldn't use a bigger rim? And if so then I am calling myself out as cheating I guess? lol I was told you get less grip cause less sidewall on over sized tires?!! 👍 No Idea if that is true or not..?

Yesterday, @Dragonwhisky said no. I think it may be because it's unclear whether there is currently apotential advantage or not.

Also, I don't believe GT uses a tire model that factors in sidewall strength and support as sidewall profiles change.

Last edited:
Diet is so much worse for you though. The fake sugars are terribly unhealthy and addictive. I guess if you hardly drink pop it doesn't really matter, I average maybe one a month unless I am drinking. Even then I tend to drink more beer and mead than liquor.
Completely agree with you about the captain though.
Unproven!! Haha... Besides, even the AIR we all breath is full of carcinogens, so basically everything is killing us!

Not to mention the fact that consuming alcohol is litterally low-level poisoning!

Ah, life...

Might be a little late to touch on the 'blue flag' rule for the GTArena, but oh well... Why not just go by the unwritten rule of SCCA? If someone's closing in on you fast, whether it be for position or not, show some driver etiquette and let them pass. Works pretty good believe it or not :P

Apparently some missed, or ignored, the "discussion" a few pages back that touched on tire rim sizes. The definitive answer is, if a room set to Tuning Prohibited will let you on the track, you're free to use the up-sized rims. If you have trouble of any kind using them, be it track entry or traction on track, you're on your own. If you cause a fracas because of glitched traction variables, you put yourself at risk of filed IRs and penalties assessed.

Apparently some missed, or ignored, the "discussion" a few pages back that touched on tire rim sizes. The definitive answer is, if a room set to Tuning Prohibited will let you on the track, you're free to use the up-sized rims. If you have trouble of any kind using them, be it track entry or traction on track, you're on your own. If you cause a fracas because of glitched traction variables, you put yourself at risk of filed IRs and penalties assessed.

I missed and ignored I think? My fault.. :banghead: Thanks for the straight forward answer!! Never heard of it ever mentioned?? Thanks!

I always race with all names off. However, I will have the list on this time for reasons already stated. There is no perfect solution but I think it's the best one.
When you turn the names over the cars off, do you lose all other info on the hud? Ok.... Where do you turn the names off? They are annoying and block some of my forward view.
Never mind, found it in a past post.

Last edited:
if you don't prepare enough to be competitive in the combos then if the leader is going to lap you then that's what has to be done plain and simple it was your responsibility to prepare for the race

Last edited:
Why would anyone focus on the car behind them? When they pass you, then they become your focus. But I wish we could adjust the opacity of the hud.

Had some good times on Suzuka tonight, in @Wolfsatz room. 12 (or 13) strong.

I'd like to join SNAIL :)

@BustedFoSho

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the SNAIL OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. SNAIL Administrators will reach out to you via a GT Planet conversation with further instructions on joining the SNAIL [Spec] Racing club. Sunday races are organized exclusively through the GT6 Community features within the game. To find your assigned room on Sunday please follow the steps below:
  1. Go to Community, from the GT6 My Home screen.
  2. Select Clubs
  3. Select SNAIL [Spec] Racing
  4. Select Club Lobby (on left) not Club Events
  5. Find your division room #, select it and join.
5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

Haha, I remember pole position! Best part was when you crashed and the tire blew off and kept rolling! You know, as cool as those games are, I find them very hard to play now. Not as in hard on the eyes, but actually hard to play! Pitfall, Donkey Kong, Mario Bros (not Super Mario), Frogger. They take a different skill set that has long rusted away.

Haha, I remember pole position! Best part was when you crashed and the tire blew off and kept rolling! You know, as cool as those games are, I find them very hard to play now. Not as in hard on the eyes, but actually hard to play! Pitfall, Donkey Kong, Mario Bros (not Super Mario), Frogger. They take a different skill set that has long rusted away.

Forgot Centipede and Asteroids... Asteroids was a blast on the harder levels

@CoachMK21

I still play that on my Nintendo 3DS

Last edited:
Back