◆ SNAIL [THE LOBANARO LOUNGE] No longer runningPS4 

• Thread starter aerolite
  • 7,567 comments
One thing though. Your suggestion of "adjust brake bias to the rear a little". GR8 said the opposite...."increased brake bias towards front". Which would it be if needs adjusting?
Brake pressure and brake bias are different. Shaun is mentioning if the front brakes lock, which can be a combination to much pressure and brake bias. If my rear end gets loose during braking, I follow all the below from Gr8 :bowdown:, increase front brake bias. Too much front brake bias
can lead to the front tires locking.
Things to try: Stiffer front springs, increased brake bias towards front, stiffer dampers in front, increased rebound in rear dampers.
:bowdown::bowdown: If your rear is loose, follow these wise words of wisdom to aid in finding a cure.

@davidt33 - Yeah, what SGETI said.

Thanks. This lil piece of info help. I just usually jump in and race on default setting because im stoned when i race you guys and dont want to do high tuning which results in weird lap times. Gotta start taking tuning more seriously. Also i got used to running spec with the sport guys.

Tuning is intimidating at first, but can be fun when you not only get a car working the way you want - but find it to be competetive. Also, when you start playing with it you start to learn how different changes make the car feel. I know there's a plethora of tuning stuff on line- a few links were posted here about a month ago (by SGETI I think).
Carroll Smith's book 'Tune to Win' is excellent, although geared towards real cars it's good for undertstanding the basics of dynamics and tuning adjustments. It's also just a fun book for gearheads. You can find an online version via Google search if you don't want to pay $15 for the book (which is a steal).
Another great book is Michael Krumm's 'Driving on the edge', which has great advice on driving as well as tuning.

Brake pressure and brake bias are different. Shaun is mentioning if the front brakes lock, which can be a combination to much pressure and brake bias. If my rear end gets loose during braking, I follow all the below from Gr8 :bowdown:, increase front brake bias. Too much front brake bias
can lead to the front tires locking.
:bowdown::bowdown: If your rear is loose, follow these wise words of wisdom to aid in finding a cure.

Also, if your rear is loose, remember to drink less at the next party...

Last edited:
Now there's some real Holiday spirit for ya'! Nothing like making a guy feel like crap for asking for a little help. Take your negative B.S. somewhere else. Oh, I mean, S.T.F.U.C. :lol:

Its a ginetta. Its also christmas, not the holidays, we dont do political correctness round ere'
Anyway before someone else gets gt sport and does 50,000 things trying to get online... you only have to watch a video, I believe its under sport mode.

#grinch

Get the peanut butter ready

upload_2018-12-16_18-38-21.png

Thanks. This lil piece of info help. I just usually jump in and race on default setting because im stoned when i race you guys and dont want to do high tuning which results in weird lap times. Gotta start taking tuning more seriously. Also i got used to running spec with the sport guys.
I hear you...not that I'm stoned...just confused and mixed up..you could do like I do, show up ask what car we are running. (Gotta remember what day it is and what league I'm in) how much gas?. How many laps? Is there mandatory pits? Is there rain? Has anyone got a tune? How long is a piece of string? Has anyone seen my bycicle pump?

I hear you...not that I'm stoned...just confused and mixed up..you could do like I do, show up ask what car we are running. (Gotta remember what day it is and what league I'm in) how much gas?. How many laps? Is there mandatory pits? Is there rain? Has anyone got a tune? How long is a piece of string? Has anyone seen my bycicle pump?
Bicycle pump or heart pump?

Wow.
View attachment 787144
Nobody wants to post to the thread directly after that one.
View attachment 787145
My son has a basketball game Monday 17th evening. So my spot is available. If there’s room, I may join late but I’d rather see somebody who could race the whole night take the spot.

Im usually passing out before race 2 or 3, maybe if your lucky ill give up mine if youre around.
Except today I woke up at 10am not 5am for a change.

:gtpflag: Race Day :gtpflag:

All races 12 laps
Race 1 - Dry (overcast) / Wet
Race 2 - wet / Dry (med Cloud)
Race 3 - Dry (sunny)

Grp A - Max starting fuel = 8 liters
Grp B - Max starting fuel = 18 liters

Invites for tonight:
Report #4 has all the info but I though we should refresh it here for those that might have forgotten.
There are 21 on the invite list so we are going to have to go to our rules for getting into the room. It's first come first serve for active drivers. Reserve drivers will not be guaranteed their spot until 8:30. If the room is full before 8:30 and an active driver is trying to get in, a reserve must give up their spot. Mike and I determine who is full time and who is reserve. Generally, if you are, or will be, absent for some time then you go on reserve. Once you come back, or are a new driver, we generally like to see at least three weeks of full time presence before you become active.

Group A
@CB_racer
@Alex ONeill
@coltsjugg
@Rednose58
@SAMHAIN85 R3
@SGETI
@Schmiggz R2
@The__Camel
@Xradkins

Group B
@Mike Lobban
@aerolite
@bigtimedave R1
@davidt33
@Gr8_Lakes
@GTLehman
@GUTTERBOY3007
@Hanable
@potvinsuks
@Rob Brown
@sgohsixthree
@yogi bear

Grp A - Ginetta G40 GT5

wk34-grpb-g40-gt5-brands-jpg.786043

Grp B - Ginetta G55 GT4

wk34-grpa-g55-gt4-brands-jpg.786042

Brno

1d551f6c22dcbae871ca7fd434c3479c-jpg.786045

Last edited:
@davidt33
Been meaning to post this. One thing you could do with your HUD is to set up the portion that shows you the upcoming turn. It will remind you if it’s a big turn, hairpin and of course left or right. Put it right in front of your field of view. I took some example photos below. Helps me when I’m learning new tracks but it’s no big deal to forget it’s there once you learn the track well. Oh, and the best part is Mike (aka Grinch) can’t take this away from you.
:cheers:
By the way, the Ginetta behaves quite nicely with a small adjustment in the brake bias.
6843B138-A7DC-4FF5-A049-35E598D812CB.jpeg
9306A7AA-E0F4-460A-922B-D98226A44AE0.jpeg

Last edited:
@davidt33
Been meaning to post this. One thing you could do with your HUD is to set up the portion that shows you the upcoming turn. It will remind you if it’s a big turn, hairpin and of course left or right. Put it right in front of your field of view. I took some example photos below. Helps me when I’m learning new tracks but it’s no big deal to forget it’s there once you learn the track well. Oh, and the best part is Mike (aka Grinch) can’t take this away from you.
By the way, the Ginetta behaves quite nicely with a small adjustment in the brake bias.
View attachment 787245
View attachment 787246
Hi Rob. Is that an additional on-screen track HUD thing-a-mi-jig to the normal track HUD one can add, leaving the normal one in place? If so I didn't know that.
And regarding the brake bias, yes I did make an adjustment to the default and fairly comfortable with it now.

@davidt33
View attachment 787245
View attachment 787246

No offense to anyone but after having this game for a year and most of us running several leagues a week......if we cant close our eyes and draw the shape of every track almost perfectly.......then we have bigger problems than just making a few adjustments here or there

As Alice Cooper would say: Welcome to my nightmare! Stlll, a bad night of racing with friends is better than a good night of... well... doing something you don't want to do.

Congrats to tonight's winners, and well done to @davidt33 , I had a good time trying to run you down in the second race. You were racing fast tonight - my apologies for spinning in front of you in the last race and causing you to run into me. (I guess we're even for race two :sly:).

It still feels very new to be back racing with you guys. And I absolutely love it. Thanks to everyone that makes it fun and clean, and my apologies for anyone that got wrapped up in my rusty mistakes.

Last edited:
Enjoyable evening, even with all the Spurt jabs. Had much more fun than the last time I ran this with you guys when we did the X-Bow's at Banchobrae. The combo tonight felt great even right out of the box with no tune. Didnt have too many battles but the ones SGETI and I had made up for it. Always a pleasure to race wheel to wheel with you SGETI.

I'll get some highlights and lowlights up once facetubes finishes buffering.

Back