vs.PNG

Lobanaro2019A.png

6269033852734276608_0.jpg

A fun competitive night of racing where both SNAIL organizations
SNAIL Spec Racing
&
The Lobanaro Lounge
come together and compete against one another in BOTH GT Sport & PCars

Points will be awarded to your respective team. The Team who has the most points overall at the end of the night wins!

CURRENT SCORE:

upload_2019-1-26_0-32-34.png

SERIES RECORD

SNAIL: 1
LOBANARO: 0

Next Event:

EVENT #2:
(3/29/19)

COMBOS TBA

EVENT #1 INFO
(1/25/19):

upload_2019-1-26_0-41-41.png

upload_2019-1-26_0-39-12.png

upload_2019-1-26_0-33-52.png
TEAM SNAIL (GT Sport)
Entries:

@SAMHAIN85 (D1)
@Rednose58 (D2)
@Whitey093 (D2)
@Herimopp89 (D3)
@Jw_wk1010 (D2)
@Raw10_2u (D3)
@Sean Renon (D1)
@todally_lit (D1)

Reserves:
@Rob Brown (D2)
@TexasJDC (D4)

TEAM LOBANARO (PCars)
Entries:

@aerolite (D3)
@Mike Lobban (D3)
@Alex ONeill (D2)
@RobbiefromBC (D1)
@Hanable (D2)
@SGETI (D1)
@coltsjugg (D1)
@sgohsixthree (D2)

Reserves:
@Lessen
@knuklefunk
@ONESPACE

Combos (20 min races):

GT Sport:

Track: Circuit de Barcelona - Catalunya
Time of day: 10:30 Fine Weather
Car: ASTON MARTIN VI2 VANTAGE GT3 2012
Tires: Racing Hards
11 Laps

TEAM SNAIL:

6926536311270540320_23.jpg

TEAM LOBANARO:

8368322601044411424_23.jpg

Track: Nurburgring GP
Time of day: 12:00 Fine Weather
Car: ALPINE A110 PREMIERE EDITION 2017
Tires: Sport Mediums
9 Laps

TEAM SNAIL:

VS 1.jpg

TEAM LOBANARO:

8071013557584561704_23.jpg

PCars 2:

Track: Circuit de Barcelona - Catalunya
Time of day: 12:00PM / Clear (Summer)
Car: 1973 BMW 2002 StanceWorks Edition
10 Laps

TEAM SNAIL:

SNAIL bmw.PNG

TEAM LOBANARO:

official colour.jpeg

Track: Nurburgring GP
Time of day: 12:00PM / Clear (Summer)
Car: 2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RSR
10 Laps

TEAM SNAIL:

SNAIL porsche.PNG

TEAM LOBANARO:

Loban porsche.PNG

General Lobby Settings:

GT Sport:

SNAIL settings 2.PNG

SNAIL penalty.PNG

SNAIL settings.PNG

PCars 2:

CARS rules regs.jpg

PCARS realism.jpg

Race Day Settings:

SNAIL track settings cata.PNG

SNAIL nurburg race settings.PNG

PCARAS catalunya.jpg

PCARS nurburg.jpg

Qualifying Format:
10 min qualifier in each combo

In the Sport races: We will announce when qually begins and when it ends. If it ends while you are still on a qualifying lap, finish your lap and then pull over. Dont exit the track

Points System:
1st - 16 points
2nd - 15 points
3rd - 14 points
4th - 13 points
5th - 12 points
6th - 11 points
7th - 10 points
8th - 9 points
9th - 8 points
10th - 7 points
11th - 6 points
12th - 5 points
13th - 4 points
14th - 3 points
15th - 2 points
16th - 1 point

Pole position: 1 bonus point
Pole Position in all 4 races: 1 bonus point

Perfect score is 16x4 + 4 + 1 = 69

If you are a current SNAIL/Lobanaro driver post a reply if you are interested
and fill out the form in the post below

Prizes:

I know this event is already going to be epic, but let's make things just a little more interesting by putting some swag on the line! Each member of the winning team gets a 6" SNAIL decal in the color of their choice :cool:

niegztO.png

Last edited:
@SAMHAIN85
Hey Chris, I believe you would have enough support from the Lobanaro Lounge to make a go of this.
If it was to happen a little further into the new year I might be interested. Right now I’m still not able to use my rig and trying to race with the DS4 is painful, (though I’m feeling optimistic about getting back into my rig soon).
My buddy brought his PS4 over last week so I could try RDD2 and he had GTS on it, so I did a lap of the Nordschleife in a ‘76 TA Firebird, it was ok :)
BTW, GTSpurt is $29.99 here.

Interested but in the same boat as Rednose pertaining to availability. I have recently been trying to get into pcars2 more and have actually finally found DS4 settings that make the game playable to an extent but have still never raced online so this would be a good way to finally get a taste of that.

I'll set up a signup sheet. @SAMHAIN85 can then add the link to the first post.

@SAMHAIN85 @Mike Lobban @aerolite - Give me a list of questions to ask that we would like to see in the sign up / survey

e.g.:
PSN ID (exact spelling)
GTPlanet ID (exact spelling)
Best week of the year (List first 8 weeks of 2019, check all that apply)
Best Day of the week (Check all that apply)
I am signing up for Team Snail, Team Lobanaro (choose 1)
etc,

Please add more and I'll add it to the signup sheet

I'll also work on a list of cars and tracks that is common to both games. Running the same combos in each game will be a good test of the skills and provide a good comparison between the games. I guess time progression, blizzards and thunder storms will not be part of this competition....

In the mean time, those who have not run GTS in a while will have to start crunching credits to be able to buy the cars in the dealerships. Maybe we need to ID the first combos sooner rather than later so they can buy the right cars first. Once the car and track lists are available we can get a proposal for one combo from Team Snail and the other one from Team Lobanaro.

Sorry for the long story here, but my spreadsheet brain is racing ahead and I don't have much time this week to work things out.

I would think the tracks used should be common to both games. The cars are not such a big deal. We will be tuning in PCars anyway so we might be better served to choose an inexpensive or easily obtained (early prize car) from GTS to use. I've only run part of one season in the career portion of PCars 2 so just about anything from the car roster will require practice.

Just a heads up that you can buy cars in GT Spurt with real money or in game credits - Last time I noticed a 350,000cr car was going for 3 USD

If it was to happen a little further into the new year I might be interested. Right now I’m still not able to use my rig and trying to race with the DS4 is painful, (though I’m feeling optimistic about getting back into my rig soon).

No worries Steve. Just glad to hear you're on the mend and feeling better. I know its probably a pain for you to race on the pad, but you can still participate. Theres going to be someone in SNAIL running around the same laptimes as you, so itd still be fair.

Later down the line when you're back in the rig we can run another one of these. We still dont have a date for the first one but I'm hoping we can do this as early as January.

I know you mentioned you dont have Spurt. My T300 came with an extra copy and its just been collecting dust. I'll ship it to you and you can have it 👍

but have still never raced online so this would be a good way to finally get a taste of that.

Yep this is part of the goal I had in mind for this event. Get your feet wet with a new game and race with some old SNAILs too.

How does PC drive with a pad? I heard it's not so great.

I raced it quite a bit on the pad with these guys before I got my wheel. Its doable, but PCars is a completely different animal than Sport physics wise. @Lessen got me some DS4 settings and they seemed to work pretty good.

All that looks good @Rednose58
I'm also in favor of running tracks shared by both games. I wouldn't expect any of the Lobanaro guys to learn a new Sport track while also being competitive at it. Same goes for the SNAIL guys when they run PCars. It should be a track they already know.

What settings do Lobenaro run in PC2?

To clarify, we run with no assists except ABS - what should I be practicing settings wise for PC2 if I were to race?

Also, what tracks do the 2 games share?

For lobby settings its listed in the first post

If I remember correctly driving aids are set to on. But dont quote me on that.

Tracks in both Sport and PCars

• Catalunya
  • Bathurst
  • Brands Hatch GP & Indy
  • Fuji
  • Monza
  • Nurburgring
  • Red Bull Ring
  • Willowsprings

@Schmiggz is worried he lost his mojo in GT. There will be a few SNAIL guys with little to no PCars experience so dont sweat it

While this event will be competitive, its still meant to be fun and bring everyone together once again.

Another thing to think about is if we want to split this into two seperate nights. That way we could squeeze in more time for each game instead of the standard 2 hours total for the entire night.

3 sport combos lasting 20mins each one night, and 3 PCars combos lasting 20mins each on another night. By the time we hit the 3rd combo the guys who lack experience with the game will probably be finding some kind of rhythmn. Just an idea.

Let the s...talk begin..........

The problem as I see it is the Dark Side drivers have graduated from a game to a real racing sim and are far superior in every way. How can a lowly Spurt driver expect to keep up? Impossible I say, Impossible.

Let the s...talk begin..........

The problem as I see it is the Dark Side drivers have graduated from a game to a real racing sim and are far superior in every way. How can a lowly Spurt driver expect to keep up? Impossible I say, Impossible.

That's it. I'm actually going to find my copy of PCars2, clean the dust off of it, and practice. Not only will a "lowly Spurt driver" keep up with you, this driver will run circles around you.

That's my trash talk. What will actually happen is that I'll put in a enough time with PCars2 so that I hope not to make a fool of myself and hope to keep up with someone. I guess step one is going to be to put the disc in the console and perform however many updates will need to be done.

Last edited:
Oh man how I wish I could be a part of this madness. It's gonna be a helluva good time on both games :cheers:

Anyone know if pc2 will go on sale for boxing day?

I'm seeing it as cheap as $19.99 new on the best buy website. I dont think itll drop anymore than that anytime soon.

What does it retail for up in Canada?

More ideas: We can all use the same paint scheme/livery for each team. Itll help identify who's who from a distance.

PCars allows you to change paint jobs from the lobby, while GT Sport does not. I know @aerolite loves the yellow & black schemes, so maybe Lobanaro uses that while team SNAIL all uses something different.

Sport does however let you create a custom livery with any decals you want. +1 for GT Spurt.

That would really be icing on the cake for this event.

@SGETI @GTLehman are you guys interested?

I'm seeing it as cheap as $19.99 new on the best buy website. I dont think itll drop anymore than that anytime soon.

What does it retail for up in Canada?

More ideas: We can all use the same paint scheme/livery for each team. Itll help identify who's who from a distance.

PCars allows you to change paint jobs from the lobby, while GT Sport does not. I know @aerolite loves the yellow & black schemes, so maybe Lobanaro uses that while team SNAIL all uses something different.

Sport does however let you create a custom livery with any decals you want. +1 for GT Spurt.

That would really be icing on the cake for this event.

@SGETI @GTLehman are you guys interested?
Well, it's a neat idea, but the logistics may be an issue for everybody's schedule. I just fired up GTS for the first time in six months and I don't have much of a garage or money to buy many cars. I also don't have enough levels to play many of the tracks, so I would imagine that would be a problem for those who don't have it at all.

Back