◆ SNAIL [THE LOBANARO LOUNGE] No longer runningPS4 

• Thread starter aerolite
  • 7,567 comments
Ranking System: Copied and pasted from Project Cars Website:

The Safety Ranks system is as follows: Unclassified (lowest, and also the starting point), F, E, D, C, B, A, S (highest).
This Skill Rating number ranges from the lowest at 100, up to 5,000 as the highest, with the player’s starting strength set to 1,500. All players should be aiming for S5000 licenses therefore.

So, we can certainly help each other to get at least the safety ratings up with clean racing.

The Safety Ranks system is as follows: Unclassified (lowest, and also the starting point), F, E, D, C, B, A, S (highest).
This Skill Rating number ranges from the lowest at 100, up to 5,000 as the highest, with the player’s starting strength set to 1,500. All players should be aiming for S5000 licenses therefore.

So, we can certainly help each other to get at least the safety ratings up with clean racing.

Thanks for the info Rednose. And I agree, however as we saw today, when it comes to AI stewards things can be quite ambiguous. A few of us got grid penalties for reasons we didn't understand - in my case I hadn't touched another driver nor gone grossly out of bounds. I guess we need to learn the rules and drive like professionals now.
The intent is great for public rooms, but probably not as important for self-policing groups like us. And we have Steve and Mike to thank for that - you guys really do great setting this up for us and we appreciate it all. Once again I had a great time today with this whole group, warts and all.

Thanks to all for showing up for the testing. Was interesting but I think things should work out ok. There didn't seem to be any issues with invites and that part of the game. Penalty system certainly is tougher.
Good job hosting Mike, I know we tested your patience a few times :D
Sorry I left before the night was done but I couldn't shake a crap headache I had all day, and I had to get stuff ready for a business trip that I leave on in a few mins.
What track did you go to with the G5 cars?

Growing pains, that's all. Thanks for the props guys. I almost had to give my dog the hind lick manoeuvre, but he finally hacked up a piece of the bone I gave him earlier.

Growing pains, that's all. Thanks for the props guys. I almost had to give my dog the hind lick manoeuvre, but he finally hacked up a piece of the bone I gave him earlier.
Dog? Hind lick? Please, spare the details... glad the dog's okay Mike and thanks for hosting man!

I thought I heard at one time that the lobby's would have the ability to have the ranking system turned off such that the happenings in the lobby would not affect any drivers hard earned work. My assumption was this was to help maintain legitimacy if the system by negating times when folks just want to mess around silly style.

I thought I heard at one time that the lobby's would have the ability to have the ranking system turned off such that the happenings in the lobby would not affect any drivers hard earned work. My assumption was this was to help maintain legitimacy if the system by negating times when folks just want to mess around silly style.
Yes, you can turn it off.

Now that was interesting. :lol::lol: Thanks for setting up the lobbies and giving us a night of laughs and education.

We all learned @davidt33 has a new favorite track, COTA. :confused::cheers::sly:

Looking forward to next week and another lesson.

Henceforth it shall be known as the Devil track.

.....Plus Aero and Lobbie was plain wicked for not putting on driving line aid to at least give senior citizens a heads up where turn is for those tracks. That is wickedness to old people. Oh gorm man, have a heart nah. LOL.
.....On the brighter side, we didn't have to race in the rain thank God. That would have been a catastrophy plus might have brought on some heart seizures.

Last edited:
New thread, cool. Daytona was the **** and no it wasn't me that caused the "big one" entering turn 1 on lap 2, or 3?.. haha. Looking forward to next Monday

Hey guys, I just talked to Aerodump and seeing as he won't be here next Monday.....he is in Montreal getting another circumcision on his saggy old turtle neck. Turtle turtle. I have free reign on what to pick for combos.....oh boy oh boy oh boy.
1st race.....The Devil Track...COTA....in the rain and fog....better yet, thunderstorm and heavy fog, changing to snow twice in a session....at night with forced cockpit view.....no lights or wipers....driving the Vintage Mercedes 300, the boat.

I could be mean and screw us all, but I'm too nice a guy.... unless you drive a mini van and try to force my bike off the road. You ever do something wrong knowing you were going to get in trouble, but do it anyway? Never mind. Even though it would amuse me to mess with ya'll like that, I would have to race them too. NOT.
What I will do this week as it's another test week is announce the cars and tracks ahead of time....probably tomorrow. This will give us time to put proper tunes in the cars to get the most out of them and give the slower guys, (like me), to practice tuning to a specific track. We will see what the next few weeks will be like, announce the track or not? Aeropuff and I will talk about it.

I don't think we will have a choice but to move to two rooms in the very near future. Our new affiliations with Snail will attract a lot of interest, we are already turning people away. Thing is, we created this Lounge for slower drivers to compete against each other with anybody having a chance to win...we have slowly (pun) Lost that objective. It's all Sgeti's fault. Two divisions will solve that issue. I personally would rather race 8 guys my own caliber than be lapped every race by a dirty, stinkin alien. This will be a serious discussion in the next couple of weeks.

Rest assured, just because of the Snail affiliation, nothing will change other than growth of the lounge. OUR lounge is all about having fun, which I think we all do. There will never be seasons. Tracks, cars and scoring will be fresh every week. There will be no IR crap or extra penalties for being a dik, Steve and I will still have the right to kick someone from the lounge if they cause trouble and drama...hasn't happened yet cause we are a good bunch of Wankers. We,still hold the right of refusal into the Lounge, so we can weed out the weenies pretty quick.

One thing we will need in the near future is another Pooba or 2 to help with scoring and hosting, maybe a little window washing and washing my streak filled underarmours would give you preference. Apply within.

We had 25 valid bugs, 5 of them 'strong'. I know it can seem more when you get constant repeats in a bug thread or a lot of feature requests listed as bugs but it really is that low. It's the best we've done since GTR2.

We've fixed most of these already internally and will be shipping them out very soon in patches.

there is hope in the near future.

I noticed somebody today had an orange background with their number instead of blue, but was like F ,1470

there is hope in the near future.

I HOPE so. I spent a freaking hour yesterday trying to change my HUD as per @GUTTERBOY3007 's advice with no change. Unbelieveable how bad that little design is. I did try the Race engineer thing and can see the improvement there. The engineer recommended the same thing I was thinking - front downforce - for the GTR at COTA and it gave took me down two seconds.

Very happy to hear all of that @Mike Lobban, I love the poker-night atmosphere of the lounge. Although it sounds like 'Sailor David' is looking to turn it into more of a red-light district...

Ok Wankers, this is our last ? Night of testing hold your hats. Drum roll please. Bdrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

The first race will be at the very fast Historic Spa, one make driving the 1963 Lotus type 25 Climax..... I only picked that historic car because of the name.....everyone likes a Climax. 10 laps of loose and squirly at ridiculously fast speed....bring a big set of nads for this one.

Race two will be in the snow, just to try it out, see what's it's like.
Touring cars of which there are five to pick from. We will go to Bears pit crews home country of Japan to slide around the tricky Sugo track. Expect mayhem, I might turn the ranking system off for this one.
Stop throwing things at me, we gotta try the snow sometime. Held to a 20 lapper, just in case it sucks. I will shut off mandatory pit stops too.

Race three, I was gonna pick the devil track (COTA), again just to hear David call for his saviour "Jeeeesus Chriiist Mon" all race, but since I am soooo religious, we can't have that anymore. Lol.

Instead, we will race really sticky LMP-3s of which there are two to choose from. We did the Daytona road course last week, so we will go to another highly anticipated track, Indy Road course. I will figure out how many laps later.

Hopefully WMD will patch this unpredicable interface so we can start up full bore by the week after. My biggest complaint over all else is the waiting time to get into your tuning page, it should be instant, ain't got time fo dat.

G29 with pedals and shifter, and I can't adjust ' minimum shift time'. It highlights and clicks when I got my button, but won't move from 0. Anyone else?

That Historic Spa is awesome! Long though, which is the way I prefer my climax.

@Mike Lobban, I see only 3 'touring cars',. Are we counting the vintage Touring GTs?

Last edited:
Ok Wankers, this is our last ? Night of testing hold your hats. Drum roll please. Bdrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

The first race will be at the very fast Historic Spa, one make driving the 1963 Lotus type 25 Climax..... I only picked that historic car because of the name.....everyone likes a Climax. 10 laps of loose and squirly at ridiculously fast speed....bring a big set of nads for this one.

Touring cars of which there are five to pick from. We will go to Bears pit crews home country of Japan to slide around the tricky Sugo track. Expect mayhem, I might turn the ranking system off for this one.
Stop throwing things at me, we gotta try the snow sometime. Held to a 20 lapper, just in case it sucks. I will shut off mandatory pit stops too.

Race three, I was gonna pick the devil track (COTA), again just to hear David call for his saviour "Jeeeesus Chriiist Mon" all race, but since I am soooo religious, we can't have that anymore. Lol.

Instead, we will race really sticky LMP-3s of which there are two to choose from. We did the Daytona road course last week, so we will go to another highly anticipated track, Indy Road course. I will figure out how many laps later.

Hopefully WMD will patch this unpredicable interface so we can start up full bore by the week after. My biggest complaint over all else is the waiting time to get into your tuning page, it should be instant, ain't got time fo dat.

Looking forward to Indy and maybe the snow.. Yeah fk it, snow doesn't scare me! Turning the ratings off is a great idea for that one. "Expect mayhem" might be an understatement. Looking forward to it nonetheless. I'll be on tonight so if anyone wants to run some shoot me an invite

I might be on if you promise to turn on the driving line for heads up of upcoming turns.

G29 with pedals and shifter, and I can't adjust ' minimum shift time'. It highlights and clicks when I got my button, but won't move from 0. Anyone else?

That Historic Spa is awesome! Long though, which is the way I prefer my climax.

@Mike Lobban, I see only 3 'touring cars',. Are we counting the vintage Touring GTs?

From what I have read the min shift time was designed so you can no longer downshift from 6th to 2nd gear rapid fire to aid with slowing down. Rapid down shifting became an issue with e-sport racing. Some cars are more effected than othersbased upon the type of gear box the car uses.
One person suggested you lower the min. shift time to 0 as a work around.

From what I have read the min shift time was designed so you can no longer downshift from 6th to 2nd gear rapid fire to aid with slowing down. Rapid down shifting became an issue with e-sport racing. Some cars are more effected than othersbased upon the type of gear box the car uses.
One person suggested you lower the min. shift time to 0 as a work around.

Thanks for the info and links SGETI.
I have the opposite problem, it's stuck on 0. The shifting is fine, but too fine: In orginal PCARS the older cars were more difficult and slower to shift. Now, for me every car shifts the same, clutch or no - and I don't have autoclutch on. It makes it easier but just loses the realism factor.
Thanks again!
Shaun

@Mike Lobban, I see only 3 'touring cars',. Are we counting the vintage Touring GTs?[/QUOTE]

I see 4 to pick from....not 5, Opel, Beemer, Megane and a Mercedes. I just tested Sugo in a blizzard.......you guys better learn the track. If you want to use a vintage one, go ahead.....I dare ya.

I see 4 to pick from....not 5, Opel, Beemer, Megane and a Mercedes. I just tested Sugo in a blizzard.......you guys better learn the track. If you want to use a vintage one, go ahead.....I dare ya.[/QUOTE]
Huh, I don't have the Opel. Dare? Let me get my Daytona...Hold my beer and watch this!

Well... frustration level is building...Where do I report the following to get it under WMD's attention?

1. Game freezing up
    • Once on Sep 25 during an online race in Karts at Knock Hill. When the game restarted it was frustratingly slow in loading up and to react from pressing the menu buttons to actually move to the next screen or selection.
    • Twice tonight Sep 27. Both in single player free practice mode. Once at Sugo and once at Indy Road course. I haven't started the game up again since this froze-up.
  2. I can set and save the full rear view mirror when in cockpit view, but as soon as I cycle through the views, when I get back to cockpit view it is gone. Then I have to go back and put it back and not go out of cockpit view again, otherwise same thing happen
  3. Last night in online racing I did not have the grid starting lights for the first few races and then suddenly it was there again.
  4. Even though I set the steering dead zone at zero, I can't get the dead zone of approx 10 degrees dialed out (G29 wheel). This causes the wheel to start shaking back and forth when you go down long straights. (If it is a problem with setup, then I need guidance on how to set my wheel up to get the dead zone removed and still give me a wheel with a fair amount of heaviness/resistance)
  5. It seems that the rolling start feature is a disaster. Major pile up happened in Daytona road course where I was hit by a car coming from the front and bumping me backwards into the pit wall. Not sure if it was a network or lagging problem, but it left me with a pretty banged up Ferrari.
  6. The following probably are "Wants" more than issues:
    • How can I view the garage without going into a game mode? That was a handy feature in PCars 1 that seems to be dropped from Pcars 2?
    • To edit the Tuning Setup the game has to load it every time you you go into Tuning screens - frustrating slow
    • It seems that if you go out of bounds anywhere in the last sector it will delete your next lap time regardless if you were benefiting from the OOB or not. How does that rule work?

On another note:

I tried the Lotus on Classic SPA and the engine was overheated 3/4 through the first timed lap. I couldn't bring the temps down, so I went back to the pits. When I came out of the pits for the next try I spent the whole out lap warming the engine up slowly by bringing the oil and water temp up gradually till they were both around 80 deg C before I started giving her. I kept it around 5000 rpm and occasionally going up to 7000, trying to keep the oil and water in sync. (oil temp wants to faster than the water temp). Once both the temps were at about 80 I could rev her up to 10000 which is required if you want to secure a fast lap. Always keep your eye on the oil and water though. Once it goes passed the 100 deg C mark it seems to run away quickly. Also, at one point I parked it alongside the track and went into the menus to make adjustments. When I came back the oil and water temps maxed out - meaning that if you just sit and idle then there is no cooling and the temperature will eventually run away.

Does anyone know how long it takes to become ranked in the safety area?
I briefly moved up to F after 1 but then drop back down. is there a trick to getting it

Well... frustration level is building...Where do I report the following to get it under WMD's attention?

1. Game freezing up
    • Once on Sep 25 during an online race in Karts at Knock Hill. When the game restarted it was frustratingly slow in loading up and to react from pressing the menu buttons to actually move to the next screen or selection.
    • Twice tonight Sep 27. Both in single player free practice mode. Once at Sugo and once at Indy Road course. I haven't started the game up again since this froze-up.
  2. I can set and save the full rear view mirror when in cockpit view, but as soon as I cycle through the views, when I get back to cockpit view it is gone. Then I have to go back and put it back and not go out of cockpit view again, otherwise same thing happen
  3. Last night in online racing I did not have the grid starting lights for the first few races and then suddenly it was there again.
  4. Even though I set the steering dead zone at zero, I can't get the dead zone of approx 10 degrees dialed out (G29 wheel). This causes the wheel to start shaking back and forth when you go down long straights. (If it is a problem with setup, then I need guidance on how to set my wheel up to get the dead zone removed and still give me a wheel with a fair amount of heaviness/resistance)
  5. It seems that the rolling start feature is a disaster. Major pile up happened in Daytona road course where I was hit by a car coming from the front and bumping me backwards into the pit wall. Not sure if it was a network or lagging problem, but it left me with a pretty banged up Ferrari.
  6. The following probably are "Wants" more than issues:
    • How can I view the garage without going into a game mode? That was a handy feature in PCars 1 that seems to be dropped from Pcars 2?
    • To edit the Tuning Setup the game has to load it every time you you go into Tuning screens - frustrating slow
    • It seems that if you go out of bounds anywhere in the last sector it will delete your next lap time regardless if you were benefiting from the OOB or not. How does that rule work?

On another note:

I tried the Lotus on Classic SPA and the engine was overheated 3/4 through the first timed lap. I couldn't bring the temps down, so I went back to the pits. When I came out of the pits for the next try I spent the whole out lap warming the engine up slowly by bringing the oil and water temp up gradually till they were both around 80 deg C before I started giving her. I kept it around 5000 rpm and occasionally going up to 7000, trying to keep the oil and water in sync. (oil temp wants to faster than the water temp). Once both the temps were at about 80 I could rev her up to 10000 which is required if you want to secure a fast lap. Always keep your eye on the oil and water though. Once it goes passed the 100 deg C mark it seems to run away quickly. Also, at one point I parked it alongside the track and went into the menus to make adjustments. When I came back the oil and water temps maxed out - meaning that if you just sit and idle then there is no cooling and the temperature will eventually run away.

I was curious if it would be worth us getting a list together to submit. I would add poor volume, horrible HUD settings/control for starters.
Red, I'm assuming you did your wheel calibration first thing. I've had no G29 issues save for the shift speed adjustment I mentioned.

Back