◆ SNAIL [THE LOBANARO LOUNGE] No longer runningPS4 

• Thread starter aerolite
  • 7,567 comments
As Alice Cooper would say: Welcome to my nightmare! Stlll, a bad night of racing with friends is better than a good night of... well... doing something you don't want to do.

Congrats to tonight's winners, and well done to @davidt33 , I had a good time trying to run you down in the second race. You were racing fast tonight - my apologies for spinning in front of you in the last race and causing you to run into me. (I guess we're even for race two :sly:).

It still feels very new to be back racing with you guys. And I absolutely love it. Thanks to everyone that makes it fun and clean, and my apologies for anyone that got wrapped up in my rusty mistakes.

It was a great night and so good to have you guys back too, makes it even more special. I quite enjoyed it.
Sorry for the couple spin outs too bros. It's a work in progress.

Enjoyable evening, even with all the Spurt jabs. Had much more fun than the last time I ran this with you guys when we did the X-Bow's at Banchobrae. The combo tonight felt great even right out of the box with no tune. Didnt have too many battles but the ones SGETI and I had made up for it. Always a pleasure to race wheel to wheel with you SGETI.

I'll get some highlights and lowlights up once facetubes finishes buffering.
Always good to see ya sam. The gtsport jabs were funny tonight.

No offense to anyone but after having this game for a year and most of us running several leagues a week......if we cant close our eyes and draw the shape of every track almost perfectly.......then we have bigger problems than just making a few adjustments here or there
I'm hoping they come up with a google directions for p2. Then I can just listen instead of having to look at the map. I use it everyday for work and to find my way back home.
Oh, and if you finish ahead of this senile old fool....you only finished .... seconds ahead...nothing to brag about...better try and lap me next time.

Not everyone is an expert like you bro. To each his own.

I hope I didnt offend you. I dont claim to be an expert. What I said has nothing to do with the skill of driving or the knowledge of setting a car up (which I lack tremendously). What I'm getting at is if I do something twice to three times a week I would hope that I would begin to start to recognize a pattern to what I am doing. It would be no different than going to school for an education. If I start the school year off by trying to learn something and I havent learned it by time the school year ends (which is almost a year) then I fail the class. So no....I dont think what I'm referring to has anything to do with being an expert at anything. Just basic learning skills

I'm hoping they come up with a google directions for p2. Then I can just listen instead of having to look at the map. I use it everyday for work and to find my way back home.
Oh, and if you finish ahead of this senile old fool....you only finished .... seconds ahead...nothing to brag about...better try and lap me next time.

Bear.....I find it hard to believe you dont know the turns to all these tracks on this game. I'm sure there are certain layouts that might confuse you at the start.....but after a few laps I'm sure your memory is refreshed because you have raced them over and over and your brain starts to recollect the track itself

:gtpflag: Announcement :gtpflag:

As next Monday is Christmas Eve, and the following Monday is New Years Eve, we will not be racing. The next race night will be January 7th, 2019.
In that case I would like to thank Aero and Lobban for their efforts in making Monday nights super enjoyable and a reason to actually look forward to a Monday in 2018. I am very thankful for those who put leagues together so that we can enjoy an organized race with like minded people who understand what racing is and how it works. Thank you guys very much. I look forward to a New Year of Lobbanero Lounge.

:gtpflag: Results :gtpflag:

Congrats to @SAMHAIN85, this weeks "Mr. Awesome" for the Group A win :cheers:
Congrats to @bigtimedave, this weeks "Mr. Baawesome" for the Group B win :cheers:

wk87-dec-17th-2018-results-jpg.787379

So it looks like Samhain and BigtimeDave have the next three weeks to brag, bring it on. Chris, this is your chance to rub it in how a lowly Spurt guy conquered the A regulars :bowdown: :D

All I remember from last night is how I, controller boy, finished way ahead of Sloooowban in race 1. :D
Wait a sec, I also remember causing havoc, not once, but twice, for the A guys when coming out of turn 5 at the start, so sorry for that guys! :banghead: I get one small tap to set my car off line and it just goes from bad to worse. It's best I start from the back from now on, well, as long as I'm on the controller. With our next race not until Jan 7, I'm optimistically hoping to be back in my rig by then.

And Jeff, holy crap, I know you mentioned how close I was to you when I came across in front of you to pit during race 1, but how did I not take you out! :boggled: :crazy:

Screenshot (4).png

And Colts, who you calling a maniac, STFU! :D

In that case I would like to thank Aero and Lobban for their efforts in making Monday nights super enjoyable and a reason to actually look forward to a Monday in 2018. I am very thankful for those who put leagues together so that we can enjoy an organized race with like minded people who understand what racing is and how it works. Thank you guys very much. I look forward to a New Year of Lobbanero Lounge.
Thanks Camel, but it wouldn't happen without all of you guys and your support. We are very much looking forward to 2019.
Thanks again to all of you, we will soon be coming up on our 2nd year anniversary, March 20th, there's still 9 of you here from that first week, that right there says something! :cheers:
And btw Camel, it's spelled Lobanaro :D, and last night's issue has been taken care of!

Two I suck races and one spectacular performance was my night. I love how Aeropuke rubs it in....the only way he could have beaten me was with a tire mix up on my part. Enjoy it while you can Wankerbreath, where were you race 2 and 3? Oh yeah, you were sniffing everyone else’s exhaust.
upload_2018-12-18_12-12-26.gif

This is how Steve used to walk....pretty close anyway. Even the left hand movement is spot on. Yeah, his walk was fugged up.....I can’t wait to learn the new one.

Not everyone is an expert like you bro. To each his own.

What it boils down to David is simple rote memorization and muscle memory from running the same combos over and over a bazillion times. In other words, being a 'gamer' as opposed to a 'driver'.
What it's like being Mr. Baawesome,You know that feeling you get when put on warm underwear straight out of the dryer? It's like that but all the time.
Thanks so much for the invites!! :bowdown:
You wear underwear?
No wonder your wife makes you watch TV with her...
:lol: :cheers: 👍

At least you're fast - congrats and well done Dave!

Last edited:
Sounds like I missed an eventful evening of racing!
Hi Rob. Is that an additional on-screen track HUD thing-a-mi-jig to the normal track HUD one can add, leaving the normal one in place? If so I didn't know that.
I guess you figured it out. I think there’s only one in the HUD available, just moved around on screen. Did it help?
BTW, don’t listen to any alien speak, humans can’t understand them. My exposure to PC2 is limited to Monday nights. I’ve probably raced 30 times since I’ve joined Monday Lobanaro. I’m mostly on GT Spurt throughout the week and there are at least 10 tracks from which to choose. I know, it’s a lot, right?
All kidding aside, when I first started 4 years ago, I had no clue how I would learn and remember new tracks. Now, give me 10 laps and I can normally be competitive. The HUD is useful to me halfway through a 30 minute race when I suddenly don’t remember what turn I’m on. I know, that you know, what I know, is the truth. I’m not even BoB age yet, so I’m certain you crusties have it worse. Where was I? Doesn’t matter. I heard Google turn by turn audio will be available in the next update.
:sly: :rolleyes:

Sounds like I missed an eventful evening of racing!

I guess you figured it out. I think there’s only one in the HUD available, just moved around on screen. Did it help?
BTW, don’t listen to any alien speak, humans can’t understand them. My exposure to PC2 is limited to Monday nights. I’ve probably raced 30 times since I’ve joined Monday Lobanaro. I’m mostly on GT Spurt throughout the week and there are at least 10 tracks from which to choose. I know, it’s a lot, right?
All kidding aside, when I first started 4 years ago, I had no clue how I would learn and remember new tracks. Now, give me 10 laps and I can normally be competitive. The HUD is useful to me halfway through a 30 minute race when I suddenly don’t remember what turn I’m on. I know, that you know, what I know, is the truth. I’m not even BoB age yet, so I’m certain you crusties have it worse. Where was I? Doesn’t matter. I heard Google turn by turn audio will be available in the next update.
:sly: :rolleyes:
I haven't checked for it yet Rob. Just trying to get accustomed to racing without them.

How about an actual co-pilot? Although itd probably end up sounding like this for some of you :lol:

LOL, that co-pilot spoof was hilarious Sam.

Bear.....I find it hard to believe you dont know the turns to all these tracks on this game. I'm sure there are certain layouts that might confuse you at the start.....but after a few laps I'm sure your memory is refreshed because you have raced them over and over and your brain starts to recollect the track itself
No no....it's ok..really after a few weeks, not racing a track...it's like a brand new track for me!...I'm like cool!...
That's why my wife sends me Christmas shopping for myself in October. Come Christmas morning I'm all excited to open my gifts..can't wait to see what I got myself!....

Congrats to @SAMHAIN85, this weeks "Mr. Awesome" for the Group A win

Hey guys, Mr. Awesome checking in.

I dont really race that often here anymore, but when I used to be more active I'd put together some highlights of race night from my POV. Here ya go:

R1 start. Right out of the gate my night was off to a rough start. I shouldve known I had a target on my back being the only Spurt guy in the race :lol:

I managed to crawl back to some of the pack and caught up to Camel. But thats not saying much when hes checking Youtube while driving simultaneously. Yowza, not sure how you do it Camel. Did you manage to file your taxes as well while you were at it?

I realize now I didnt save the pit strat to change tires, so slicks in the rain didnt work out too well. I tried to call an audible and bring up the pit options and change it from there, but I have no idea what I'm doing in this game still. 2 drive through penalties and 2 mins down the crapper and I finally figured it out.

I did end up with fast lap in Group A, so I chalked that up as a win.

Race 2
Another bad start off the line but this time made it through turn 1. As we approached turns 2 and 3 I heard @aerolite mumble something about a magic trick. I found out soon after what he was talking about.

The 'ol "now you see me now you dont" trick featuring his sidekick @SGETI :lol:

Just a few turns later - and I get front row seats to a picture perfect T-Bone. 9.5 on the dismount! This was one of many close calls I had all night and was lucky to get past all of them.

I took over 1st shortly after and it was smooth sailing to the checkered

Race 3

Another bad start off the line, but at least were racing in the Dry. Aero decides to clear a path for me. Thanks Steve, this Spurt guy needs all the help he can get.

I grabbed 1st and got out to a comfortable lead

Starting Lap 6 SGETI was in hot pursuit behind me. We have a nice battle through most of Lap 6 with him getting the better of it as he enters the pits in 1st.

https://youtu.be/qoOSm0LhjXI?t=9123

I elected to not go for a tire change which allowed me to leapfrog SGETI out of the pits.

Highlight of the night:

With my tires feeling like they're fading and SGETI on fresher rubber, the pressure was on for the final lap. SGETI and I had one heck of a finish. I actually thought I mightve pushed him wide before the last turn but luckily he had some magic of his own and kept it together for the photo finish.

I really enjoyed that combo - I knew the track and the Ginetta felt really good.

Did I get lucky this week? Yes
Is this the best PCars 2 league out there? Yes
Am I Mr. Awesome? Yes!

Cheers guys. Thanks for letting me run with you again

Last edited:
@SAMHAIN85
I've missed those highlite posts of yours Chris, you're just going to have to run with us more often again!
OMG, watching the starts of race 2&3, how embarrassing, :banghead: So sorry Sgeti, took you out in both of them. Race 3 was even worse, I hit Sgeti again, which threw him into Camel, then I went shooting across to the right and took out Colts, man, sorry guy's. Looked like a pinball :embarrassed: I deserved the DQ I got! If I'm still having to use the controller come next race, I will start from the back.
Aerowreck out!

@SAMHAIN85.....OMG, watching the starts of race 2&3, how embarrassing, :banghead: So sorry Sgeti, took you out in both of them. Race 3 was even worse, I hit Sgeti again, which threw him into Camel, then I went shooting across to the right and took out Colts, man, sorry guy's. Looked like a pinball :embarrassed: I deserved the DQ I got! If I'm still having to use the controller come next race, I will start from the back.
Aerowreck out!
Aye Aero don't dig. You're doing very well bro. No one expects you'll be driving like as usual with a wheel, but still you're holding your own damn good with the controller for now. Better than most. Actually in one or two races you were right in front there giving them thunder (position 3 overall or so if my memory serves me right). You just keep on keeping on. No need for you to start at the back IMO. Same goes for Jeff aka GT8.

Hey Homeys, the room disruption of the last three weeks has been rectified. The bad apple has been removed from the barrel.. do I hear a YAY?
I must have missed some action there about whatever disruption may have taken place so am at a loss on that one. I guess somebody will fill me in sometime.

Hey Homeys, the room disruption of the last three weeks has been rectified. The bad apple has been removed from the barrel.. do I hear a YAY?

I give up my spot to let someone in for one night and you think you’re rid of me that easily!?! I’m like herpes: the gift that keeps on giving. Just when you think I’m gone, I show up to make your life miserable again! Lol.

Back