◆ SNAIL [THE LOBANARO LOUNGE] No longer runningPS4 

• Thread starter aerolite
  • 7,567 comments
This baby catches my eye frequently in the parking lot at my work. I seem to recall these weren’t performers but they sure were pretty (still just as much).

View attachment 845467
View attachment 845466
It indeed didn't burn rubber, but it wasn't too lousy for the 1980's
upload_2019-8-23_8-54-29.png

Full article here

Porsche being compared to a Miata?!? Flight to BC booked; be prepared for a buttkicking for saying that! Lol. Now a “Flyin’ Miata” vs my 928S, well that’s another thing. Those were built in Colorado and had an LS V8 shoehorned into them and I’ve done track-days with them out running at the same time. They’re a handful in the corners, but those “hairdresser” cars can definitely scoot on the straightaways.

PS: Sorry about the no show Monday night. We’re getting a new dog and I got dragged along to see him at the last minute.

Attachments

• 67D6FA62-DDDC-489D-8496-C599BE010F57.jpeg
    67D6FA62-DDDC-489D-8496-C599BE010F57.jpeg
    100 KB · Views: 17
  • CE22C857-43E4-4D42-8818-7EAE1F39F15E.jpeg
    CE22C857-43E4-4D42-8818-7EAE1F39F15E.jpeg
    111.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Probably be late tonight with son's baseball. Supposed to be done by 6:30 CST but always drags out. Maybe I'll only miss some of qualifying time. It's only qualifying anyway . . .
Anyone with a good tune on these babies, please share.
I did some experiments on the 240Z and this one works well for me. Still room for improvement with better shifting and a better lines here and there. But the car is well balanced on Willow and Monza. At Monza you may want to dial the final drive one click to the left.

I want to do one more experiment on the jag. (Edit.... nope, no more experimenting.....I was called to do some chores.....)

Nice lap red. My best was a 1:27.59. Car is very soft in the base loose set up. I went 3 up on front springs and 2 up on rear then adjusted shocks accordingly. I use the Pcars2 suspension calculator for adjusting the shocks. Makes a world of difference.

Going to miss you all again tonight. You would think that waking up at 2am and working 2.5 jobs would give one enough time to take a break. :banghead: I wanna be like Mike (in daily routine only!)

(Incoming @bigtimedave gif/meme). :lol:

Have fun guys, hope to see you next week. At least that's a holiday in the states.
giphy-35.gif
I could ask the Warden if I can play tonight, send a invite this way if you need a full in.

Cough, cough... Eyes opening... "Hello? Is there any body out there?" Looking around, "Where am I? Must make contact with someone." Cough, cough... "Don't give up hope on me, I'm still alive." Lifts head to glance at thread. "So much to catch up on... Must conserve energy to get stronger. " Lays back down. " ( whispering) Hopefully soon my friends, hopefully very soon." Eyes close.

Cough, cough... Eyes opening... "Hello? Is there any body out there?" Looking around, "Where am I? Must make contact with someone." Cough, cough... "Don't give up hope on me, I'm still alive." Lifts head to glance at thread. "So much to catch up on... Must conserve energy to get stronger. " Lays back down. " ( whispering) Hopefully soon my friends, hopefully very soon." Eyes close.
Jeff, dammit, we miss you brother. You will be welcomed back with open arms. Take your time, get well and get good bro.

I too have been absent for most the summer Jeff. Holidaying in the mountains. I'll run with you when you get back. I'll be out of practice

@GUTTERBOY3007
We missed you (again) brotha'. Sure, we understand how much fun it is driving your miata up down the streets of Austin, and having all the cowboys whistle at you. But as much fun as the Cowpoke's Hawg Tyin' Festival is, we need you. Poor Aero just sits in a corner all night with a notepad. We all try to give him good jokes to write down, but he just sits there...muttering to himself...'guard tower...it's only qualifying...guard tower..'

@yogi bear
Step away from the pic-inic basket. There are more important things in life that what nature has to offer.

@Gr8_Lakes
Yo Bro! It took us all posting on the ..Ahem..(holds nose) SNAIL thread, but we found you! We were actually worried that you had gotten a life. Nice to hear from ya Jeff!

@Hanable

We can't tell you to get good bro so....

via Imgflip Meme Generator

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Last edited:
I am wreckfest ready....
Me, Mike and Sgeti were trying it out earlier today, was fun. It doesn't look like you can create a lobby though. Once you are in Multiplayer, we went to Server Browser, found a lobby that had room for the 3 of us and joined that. It seems the game generates it's own lobbies and you join. You can pick between Deathmatch, Banger and Special rooms. Once the race finishes, you stay in the lobby and it randomly starts another race somewhere else. A couple of times it stayed at the same venue twice but never three times. If you are just by yourself, you can choose the other windows and it will automatically put you into a lobby.
It was difficult for the three of us to join a room that was at 12/16 for example, as 2 would get in and the third wouldn't. So we picked one that was at 1/16 and all got in and the room was filled with AI. As soon as someone else joined then they would just replace an AI. So if there was say 8 of us, (we have to be in a party chat as you can't talk in the game), we would then find a room with a low number of drivers and quickly all join that room.

Nothing much here, just rather have results at TOPP.

But:
@GTLehman I LMAO at this:
Poor Aero just sits in a corner all night with a notepad. We all try to give him good jokes to write down, but he just sits there...muttering to himself...'guard tower...it's only qualifying...guard tower..'

Last edited:
Back