◆ SNAIL [THE LOBANARO LOUNGE] No longer runningPS4 

• Thread starter aerolite
  • 7,567 comments
Creative.

Do you ever buy items off Craig's list or another local listing site?

Yes, we may proceed.

The idea is for you buy or build your gaming PC. Do not use a joint credit card or checking account.

If you are building have the parts sent to a local friend or job address.

Take only 2 or 3 pics. Make sure the back drop can not be traced to your house or work.

Send those pics to one of us. We all have your back.

The fake add is placed, with pictures, phony addr and phone. $1400. PC for only $800. but, but,

you tell her you talked him down to $600 or $650. If you are not known as a savvy negotiator, we have, excuse me, you will have a harder sell. Try, the guy was desperate, needs $$, covid related.

She may express her feelings about the money and timing of said purchase.

This part is key, you need to sell her, You need to convince her you will be breaking even, remind her the cost of the new PS5 you were planning to buy is estimated to be around $600. Amazing, it’s like breaking even.

This is the cherry on top, this is the action which will win her over. You may even get some….. Since you did not spend all the money you had planned, depending on purchase price you lied about you give her the $150. or $200., What married wife do you know who would not be elated that her caring husband was thinking of her. Don’t F up the and forget what you told her you paid for the PC. The amount you give her will determine how cheap you really are.

If she asks to see the add, it will have been deleted.

If she asks to see the text msg/ You will delete any browsing and/or text msg. If she asks why you deleted? just don’t need them.

Some may say creative, Some may say devious, some may say, including this guy, if you try pulling the s h it make sure you also have the money needed for first, last and security deposit on your new apartment.
Oh I am LOVING THIS!!,

Mike and I have been doing a bit more flying together in the new Flight SIM. It’s very cool to be able to do this. CB will be joining us in the next couple of days as well. The other day we dropped down to the bottom of the Grand Canyon and flew along the Colorado River.

693D1216-3772-473B-8FA4-EF6498A4D8BD.jpeg
AD5CA059-28EA-43D1-9CC1-3D20E6BF2223.jpeg
3762F7A9-E0BE-444B-AF66-08B6F18821E0.jpeg

This was flying past Chateau Lake Louise and looking up the lake. For those that don’t know, it’s a famous spot in the Alberta Canadian Rockies.

3AB72B46-4F59-4AB1-B6BF-D198D7028DC3.jpeg

Then flew into some clouds and picked up some icing, the detail is amazing.

3EB8D81F-8282-41A5-A295-2B1B1259BAA0.jpeg

Last edited:
Mike and I have been doing a bit more flying together in the new Flight SIM. It’s very cool to be able to do this. CB will be joining us in the next couple of days as well. The other day we dropped down to the bottom of the Grand Canyon and flew along the Colorado River.

View attachment 954435 View attachment 954436 View attachment 954438

This was flying past Chateau Lake Louise and looking up the lake. For those that don’t know, it’s a famous spot in the Alberta Canadian Rockies.

View attachment 954443

Then flew into some clouds and picked up some icing, the detail is amazing.

View attachment 954445
Great, this is NOT helping with my PC decision. Now you’re making me want a flight simulator. That hardware costs as much or more as our wheels! I’d have to have a yoke setup for Cessna flights, rudder pedals for the big commercial airliners, and... well, I don’t even know what I don’t know yet! All I DO know is that it looks extremely immersive, relaxing, exciting, and fun. Oh brother, I can see the rabbit hole up ahead, still off in the distance, but I see it all the same.

Great, this is NOT helping with my PC decision. Now you’re making me want a flight simulator. That hardware costs as much or more as our wheels! I’d have to have a yoke setup for Cessna flights, rudder pedals for the big commercial airliners, and... well, I don’t even know what I don’t know yet! All I DO know is that it looks extremely immersive, relaxing, exciting, and fun. Oh brother, I can see the rabbit hole up ahead, still off in the distance, but I see it all the same.
There is a program you can download that will configure your throttle and clutch pedals as rudder pedals for the flight sim. I have done that and it works great. Can set up brake pedal as well for brakes.
Here's a couple of video's. One of just me flying in the Grand Canyon, and one chasing Mike. Our flaps are down because when we came over the edge of the canyon, we pulled power and full flaps and dove down. We found out that going over the full flap speed limit, our flaps didn't work anymore!

This is my race rig with throttle and stick set up for Flight Sim. Stick would be in the way of me getting in and out of the rig so had to make it quickly removable. I machined up a couple pins and welded them to bottom of plate and drilled a couple of holes in my shifter support. In and out in seconds.

00F7F1DC-2A28-4D58-875C-E968351E957A.jpeg

F2CFCE22-9788-4A00-A46C-C6D228CAD64A.jpeg

61613816-005D-4D29-BF99-E1F2BB80DF7E.jpeg

F7DBBC62-C070-4E32-B95E-4391D0E66F8B.jpeg

Last edited:
There is a program you can download that will configure your throttle and clutch pedals as rudder pedals for the flight sim. I have done that and it works great. Can set up brake pedal as well for brakes.
Here's a couple of video's. One of just me flying in the Grand Canyon, and one chasing Mike. Our flaps are down because when we came over the edge of the canyon, we pulled power and full flaps and dove down. We found out that going over the full flap speed limit, our flaps didn't work anymore!

This is my race rig with throttle and stick set up for Flight Sim. Stick would be in the way of me getting in and out of the rig so had to make it quickly removable. I machined up a couple pins and welded them to bottom of plate and drilled a couple of holes in my shifter support. In and out in seconds.

View attachment 954906

View attachment 954907

View attachment 954904

View attachment 954905

Yeah but you still need to get one of them fancy wide curve monitors like Lobbie so get cracking.

Damn, I disappear for a couple of months and you guys run off and join the PC Master Race while I was gone. Way to go, Adolf Hipster. Sounds like I might need to upgrade.

Been busy building a new bike for drag racing. A 10 second car was too expensive, but a bike capable of a 10 second 1/4 mile is pretty cheap.

Hey Gutter, ya, a bunch of us took the plunge. Me and Steve and now CB are flying around the world exploring new mountain river canyons. I’ve already smoked myself turning into a blind canyon with no escape.

Damn, I disappear for a couple of months and you guys run off and join the PC Master Race while I was gone. Way to go, Adolf Hipster. Sounds like I might need to upgrade.

Been busy building a new bike for drag racing. A 10 second car was too expensive, but a bike capable of a 10 second 1/4 mile is pretty cheap.
Lobbie break up the club yes.

Yes, you should upgrade, the PC is so much better! We were just saying on Monday night that all we needed was Gutter in the room and it would be just like the lounge again. Right now on Monday nights we are alternating between Automobilista 2 (run by Mcinnis) and ACC (run by Mphile). The guys that have come along with Mphile from iracing are good bantering types and very good racers, well, maybe not Alex so much :lol:
Here's who has gone the PC route from the Lounge (old and new). We are working on GR8 and Lehman :D
Myself
Lobban
Red
CB
Spiffy
Alex
Mcinnis
Mphile
Barry

Cool on the drag bike, are you using the V-Max? ( I think I saw you post you got one of those?)

Last edited:
Sounds good. I do miss BS’ing with you guys. I’ll probably hit all of you up for advice of the PC equipment needed. It’d be great to buy a pre-built one since I don’t know sheet about computers. Sounds like a good winter project since I haven’t used my rig for months now.

“Cool on the drag bike, are you using the V-Max? ( I think I saw you post you got one of those?)[/QUOTE]

Yup, using the V-Max since it’s a high-10 second bike stock. I’m guessing with me riding it I’d be lucky to hit low/mid-11’s at 120-125 mph (that’s a guesstimate based on what I’ve done on a no-prep road test I did). I’m prepping it for nitrous right now so that should help it hit the 10’s. Swapped out the carbs and added velocity stacks and I have the shift light and air-shifter ordered. Just need wheelie bars and a grippier back tire. It’s crazy when the V-Boost kicks in when I’m in 1st or 2nd gear and the back tire just spins at 70, and in third it’ll lift the front tire right up.

Attachments

• 63095579-F38E-44FE-A008-946A575673EB.jpeg
    63095579-F38E-44FE-A008-946A575673EB.jpeg
    55.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 0931E76C-0ED0-4C8B-A84C-5E0C781D39D0.jpeg
    0931E76C-0ED0-4C8B-A84C-5E0C781D39D0.jpeg
    76.4 KB · Views: 21
  • E3BE5282-0038-4C98-B081-1D3DE0CEC07F.jpeg
    E3BE5282-0038-4C98-B081-1D3DE0CEC07F.jpeg
    90.9 KB · Views: 20
Don’t know if you guys remembered, but Saginaw Michigan is where I live. Yup, about eight miles from the airport where the idiot in chief landed last night (Junior attends Freeland middle school less than a mile from the airport). Junior wanted to see Air Force One land up close, and y’all know how much I say no to Junior.... All I can say is, what a friggin circus! George W. came here years ago and a few dozen people watched the plane land. There were thousands of people surrounding our little airport last night. It was actually split between Biden and Trump supporters (the Ego-maniac will never admit that), but it was obvious by their car’s window signs and flags. This election is going to be off the charts. Crazy times, and my community embarrassed the heck out of me concerning masks . Cool to see AF1, C-17, and all the Secret Service detail though.

Last edited:
Don’t know if you guys remembered, but Saginaw Michigan is where I live. Yup, about eight miles from the airport where the idiot in chief landed last night (Junior attends Freeland middle school less than a mile from the airport). Junior wanted to see Air Force One land up close, and y’all know how much I say no to Junior.... All I can say is, what a friggin circus! George W. came here years ago and a few dozen people watched the plane land. There were thousands of people surrounding our little airport last night. It was actually split between Biden and Trump supporters (the Ego-maniac will never admit that), but it was obvious by their car’s window signs and flags. This election is going to be off the charts. Crazy times, and my community embarrassed the heck out of me concerning masks . Cool to see AF1, C-17, and all the Secret Service detail though.
It's sure gonna be one helluva elections. DNC sickofans will have a meltdown. Don't know how they will take losing again.

t's sure gonna be one helluva elections

Trump said on Twitter Thursday that Woodward had the recordings of his interviews for months, without making them public. How about some context. Actually if you read the book you will find Bernstein later in time, May, put the pieces together of what Trump knew and when did he know it.

"If he thought they were so bad or dangerous, why didn’t he immediately report them in an effort to save lives?" Trump asked. "Didn’t he have an obligation to do so? No, because he knew they were good and proper answers. Calm, no panic!"

Lets jump upon the “blame game train.” Trump is saying it was the obligation of Bernstein to say something to someone in order to “save lives” But who could he have told? He could have told his Mayor or Governor. Up the ante, he could have told his Congressman or even Senator, Surely they would make an effort to save lives Someone with the authority and leadership needed to know and act to save lives, if only Bernstein would have told someone whom, was in a position to make decisions and “an effort to save lives.” But who ?

If only Bernstein, lets say, had the private phone number of the top banana, leader of the free world, the person who could lead, take charge and ensure all efforts where being made to protect and save lives of all Americans. If only this one person knew of the dangers of suffering and death that lay ahead, that person would surely take the this time and capitalize on the advantage to prepare the country and guarantee adequate medical supplies where on hand for what was to come. If only this person no longer cultivated mushrooms, keeping people in the dark and feed them z hit.

How many lives would have been saved if the President of the USA knew back in February or March? “Didn’t he have an obligation to do so? “

I’ve just been catching up on the thread posts since early summer. It’s funny how co-cheeses have PCs now. When I brought it up in Monday night conversation, I got responses like too expensive, nah, not for sim racing. As it turns out I guess I should’ve asked if you would ever get a PC for flight simulation - because it seems you’ve backed your way into PC Sim racing out of that. Oh well, I guess it doesn’t matter how you arrive . . . so long as you arrive. Some of us will wait for the Nvidia RTX 3080 ($700). That GPU will drive the Pimax 8K rather well.

Off topic, here’s one for bear:
0D5532B5-5AC7-4A2E-A2C2-05C6192DF83F.jpeg

I’ve just been catching up on the thread posts since early summer. It’s funny how co-cheeses have PCs now. When I brought it up in Monday night conversation, I got responses like too expensive, nah, not for sim racing. As it turns out I guess I should’ve asked if you would ever get a PC for flight simulation - because it seems you’ve backed your way into PC Sim racing out of that. Oh well, I guess it doesn’t matter how you arrive . . . so long as you arrive. Some of us will wait for the Nvidia RTX 3080 ($700). That GPU will drive the Pimax 8K rather well.

Off topic, here’s one for bear:
View attachment 959946

Damn, I want to be a bear...

I haven't put much effort in to the PC stuff- mainly just been too busy working on the house.
Buying a PC for racing doesn't motivate me. I am still loving PCars2, but mainly why spend the money to have my azz kicked by the likes of Colts and such who can spend 12 hours a day practicing. A $400 wasn't so bad for that, but to spend $1000K to get shut down nightly would just piss me off.

Including the flightsim aspect sweetens the post though. As I've said at tedium, I am jonesing to get DCS and launch a Strike Eagle for some action, buzz the tower in a Tomcat or dogfight with a FW-190 butcher bird.
OK... I'm motivated again.

I did buy Star Wars 'Squadrons' last week. It's pretty cool - just the modern version of the 'X-wing' game I had 25ish years ago by the same makers.

I have a lot to say about it, but it can't be on this forum.

Rather, entertain yourself and look at this

Sure you can... we're all adults here (snicker). Let's hear it!

All I'll say at this stage is: "Let's see how that one ages...."

Ah. Hm. Well if we're talking about aging - yeah, they are both a couple of old bastiches who probably won't live for the next four years - physically and/or mentally.

Too bad there's not a... a...say a 38 year old...someone of honor...maybe even a combat veteran..who's smart and experienced at being a leader. Someone who is respected by both (all?) parties for thinking on their own. Someone who doesn't back down or sacrifice their beliefs. Someone who stands up for the people instead of being a patsy. Maybe even someone who is...a.. a woman. Maybe even someone who is.. Hindu and...'of color' just so all of everybody's boxes are checked.
Yep. Damn shame that the only choices are two dumb, old white guys.
#Tulsi2024 and if my state allowed write-ins, it sure as hell would be #Tulsi2020 for me. #ServiceBeforeSelf

Absolutely

You need 3 parties..... Your moderate dems need to split from the radicals on the left. That will bring the moderate dems and progressive reps together in the middle for a majority of reasonable minds. Tulsi will be a good choice then. So, here is what you need to do in my mind. Give it to the orange man in 2020. You know he's gonna get the economy back on track and you know he will fight to keep the republic together. He may or may not throw a few crooks in jail and he may or may not pardon a few crooks. But let him be and you will be better off than the alternative .... who might be hit with the 25th even before Jan 20 and then you have a big problem (well, also depending on the house and the senate, but the worst case scenario is KH with a house and senate. Yes, that's worse than DT with a house and senate) So, for the next 3 years the moderate dems peel off and take progressive reps with them, create a new party of moderates and temper the political divide. I'm sure you all would want that?

Now, if you believe in conspiracy theories, the above is not possible. The one conspiracy is the "New World Order". They are the globalists who wants absolute power, open borders, free trade, no identity. All you need in return is a chip so you can be tracked in your daily movements, your financial transactions, your medical records, etc. Your "credit score" becomes your ticket to restricted privilege. The ruling elite is a few powerful people who call the shots to those who are eager to collect their credits. Believers in this conspiracy will tell you that it started to become serious under George senior and was coming along nicely with Bill, Junior and O and also the European Union expanding every year, NAFTA, Trans Pacific Partnership, United Nations getting stronger, Global carbon tax, endless wars, etc, etc. A big blow to their progress these conspiratists would say, was Brexit, cancellation of TPP, renegotiate NAFTA, get all participating countries to pay up on their NATO obligations, stopping endless wars, negotiating peace/normalizing relationships in the Middle East and The Balkan, make a mockery of the UN and WHO, tell North Korea to behave, tell China to behave, negotiating deals with countries in a pacific so that China can't "get them" when they stand up and criticize the CCP. The new world order just can't have any of these.....

Anyway, it's time you Americans decide what you really want because it seems that, even though you are struggling along, you are being screwed badly by every government since Reagan. Time for you to take your country back. If Hiden wins with a house and senate - good luck - your country is lost (unless the new world order is for you...). If it is an orange win without the house or senate you have 4 years to take it back. I don't say to vote orange. You don't want a super majority. That kind of power could be fatal no matter who has it.

I hope I don't get reported or banned for this one....

Last edited:
You need 3 parties..... Your moderate dems need to split from the radicals on the left. That will bring the moderate dems and progressive reps together in the middle for a majority of reasonable minds. Tulsi will be a good choice then. So, here is what you need to do in my mind. Give it to the orange man in 2020. You know he's gonna get the economy back on track and you know he will fight to keep the republic together. He may or may not throw a few crooks in jail and he may or may not pardon a few crooks. But let him be and you will be better off than the alternative .... who might be hit with the 25th even before Jan 20 and then you have a big problem (well, also depending on the house and the senate, but the worst case scenario is KH with a house and senate. Yes, that's worse than DT with a house and senate) So, for the next 3 years the moderate dems peel off and take progressive reps with them, create a new party of moderates and temper the political divide. I'm sure you all would want that?

Now, if you believe in conspiracy theories, the above is not possible. The one conspiracy is the "New World Order". They are the globalists who wants absolute power, open borders, free trade, no identity. All you need in return is a chip so you can be tracked in your daily movements, your financial transactions, your medical records, etc. Your "credit score" becomes your ticket to restricted privilege. The ruling elite is a few powerful people who call the shots to those who are eager to collect their credits. Believers in this conspiracy will tell you that it started to become serious under George senior and was coming along nicely with Bill, Junior and O and also the European Union expanding every year, NAFTA, Trans Pacific Partnership, United Nations getting stronger, Global carbon tax, endless wars, etc, etc. A big blow to their progress these conspiratists would say, was Brexit, cancellation of TPP, renegotiate NAFTA, get all participating countries to pay up on their NATO obligations, stopping endless wars, negotiating peace/normalizing relationships in the Middle East and The Balkan, make a mockery of the UN and WHO, tell North Korea to behave, tell China to behave, negotiating deals with countries in a pacific so that China can't "get them" when they stand up and criticize the CCP. The new world order just can't have any of these.....

Anyway, it's time you Americans decide what you really want because it seems that, even though you are struggling along, you are being screwed badly by every government since Reagan. Time for you to take your country back. If Hiden wins with a house and senate - good luck - your country is lost (unless the new world order is for you...). If it is an orange win without the house or senate you have 4 years to take it back. I don't say to vote orange. You don't want a super majority. That kind of power could be fatal no matter who has it.

I hope I don't get reported or banned for this one....

Goddam red well said I couldnt agree more with you with almost everything said....we truly need a 3rd party because I feel that I would fall in that region. Seriosuly it's called common sense if a budget dont balance dont pass it. I feel that these politicians make WAYYYYYYYY TO MUCH MONEY AND THE BENEFITS SHOULD BE CUT DRASTICALLY. We have politicians who serve 1 term and get life benefits. Seriosuly. They make over 100k a year not including what ever "donations" they are taking off the books. Honestly our country is screwed either way you look at it until the people decide to fight back to the government nothing will happen and they will continue to control our lives.

I live in the state of pa and we pay some of the highest taxes in the country, yet our roads suck and infrastructure is terrible to say the least. The last 3 governors I believe were voted in because they promised to get rid of property taxes...which accounts to half of my mortgage payment. They legalized gambling to help with property taxes for senior citizens my grandmother received 75 bucks for it...now they want to lobby in legalizing marijuana, which I am all for, but not when our state government cant control the funds they already have coming in...

In short government sucks and we could talk all day here about this but yes red I couldnt agree more with your statement that we need a 3rd party to be brought up.

Honestly I feel at this point another civil war might be on the horizon.

Back