★☆★ S.T.a.R. Racing League | S.pec, T.uners, & R.acecars! | ☆★☆ Grid spots OPENOpen 

• Thread starter Luv2Coach
  • 2,301 comments
United States
SW, Missouri
Luv2Coach
MCwFYOK.gif

Welcome Drivers!
Do you live the thrill of driving door-to-door in a pack with a group of clean, respectful drivers!? Then you've come to the right place!!!
We welcome you to S.T.a.R; a league designed for all skill levels. We have drivers from S.N.A.I.L. and TURTLE racing leagues too. So, regardless of your skill level or affiliation with other leagues, you're welcome to join us!
Our mission is to provide an atmosphere of fun, clean, hard racing and provide opportunities for drivers to learn how to get better and faster without driving (more in some cases) aggressive.

About S.T.a.R
S.T.a.R. is an acronym for SPEC, Tuned, and Racecar/RM car. We are the only league that runs three types of races on one race day. Drivers have the opportunity to race their "strong suit"; be it in 1-Make (Spec) races, showcasing their Tuning skills, or driving a Racecar. This levels the playing field for everyone, allowing each driver to capitalize on their strengths and improving on their other racing category weaknesses. Variety of racing categories is the driving force behind this league. Each "season" is 4 weeks followed by a combined Divisions endurance race (SLCS) in week 5. Or you can take an "off" week in week 5 and just race the SLCS.

S.T.a.R. History (How a S.T.a.R is born)
I used to host (GT5) public rooms running a race format of 2 races/track; Fastest First / Rev Grid to give everyone a chance to start up front. And rather than running only one race format like almost every public lobby does, I ran SPEC, TUNED, and RACECARS because drivers were wanting variety and a chance to showcase their garage.

After several months of public hosting and building a reputation for clean racing, low tolerance for unclean drivers, and the lower grip in tires, I decided to start a league; S.T.a.R. was born.

S.T.a.R. Event(s)
S.T.a.R. League Championship Series (SLCS)
We run the SLCS if you are interested in "racing for something", or just show up and race for fun.
The season runs 5 weeks keeping a cumulative point total using your 4 highest weekly scores. Week 6 is an Endurance race for those who qualify base on season points.
Race day is Sunday starting promptly at 21:00 GMT/16:00 EST/15:00 CST/13:00 PST. Lobby opens no later than 15 minutes before the top of the hour. If you want to see our drivers, here's our
DRIVERS LIST.

Prizes
"Prizes" are awarded to the top three (division) winners based on the points system and will get to choose from the three "prizes" available. Prize selection deadline is 23:59 CST Wednesday.

GOLD: Choose any race combo from the previous week: Race 1, Race 2, or Race 3. Then you have the freedom to KEEP or CHANGE any part of the Race you choose.

SILVER: Choose one of the two remaining Races with the same freedom as the Gold Prize.

BRONZE: Same options as Gold with remaining Race.

Settings, Format, Points System
Race Day:
Sunday
Each race is roughly 12 minutes, thus laps will vary. Race day lasts right at 2 hours.
Start Time: Qualifying starts promptly at 21:00 GMT/16:00 EST/15:00 CST/13:00 PST. Please CLEAR your CACHE before entering room.

Race Settings:
Start Type--- FALSE START CHECK
Boost--- OFF
Penalty--- NONE
Tire Wear--- NORMAL
Grip Reduction--- REAL
Visible Damage--- OFF
Mechanical Damage--- LIGHT

Slipstream Strength--- REAL
Driving Options--- ABS only Available

Race Format:
RACE 1:
This is a SPEC a.k.a. 1 Make, race using any selected non-racecar. All non-racecars are allowed. So yes, Concepts are available for selection. All drivers will drive the same model car for this race. 2 HOT laps for qualifying will be used for the first race. In some cases, more than 2 hot laps will be allowed due to a 5 minute minimum Qualifying time. After the first race, there will be a second race using Reverse Grid at the same track.

RACE 2: R2 is a TUNED race using any street legal car (no concept & no racecar), tuned to the given Performance Points for that race. The same format as Race 1 will be used for qualifying and reverse grid starts.

RACE 3: A Racecar will be used for this race. Same format as Race 1 & 2.

Points System:
Points are awarded based on finish position. 1st Place = 16 points --- 16th Place = 1 point. For rooms with less than 16 cars we use this math equation to adjust points in order to make it an "even playing field" for all drivers. Points=16-xy, where x is 16 divided by total cars in field and y is the number of places behind first (5th place is 4 positions behind 1st).

Regulations
Race 1-SPEC:
Any non-racecar. TUNING PROHIBITED

Race 2-TUNE: Any street legal car. TUNING is allowed, but with restrictions. After changing the oil, a car may only be tuned UP; it cannot be "detuned".
Example: The PP choice for the week is 480PP. In this scenario an NSX Type R '02 may be tuned UP to 480PP since it is 475PP after changing the oil. An HS '04, whomever, cannot be used because it is 505PP in its stock form.

Race 3-Race Car: A Race Car or Race Modified Car. TUNING PROHIBITED

Tire Settings Chart (based on PP after oil change.):
STREET CARS
520 & below -- SH
521 - 549 -- SM
550 & up -- SS

RACE CARS / RM CARS
500PP & below -- SS
501PP & up -- RH

Divisions
A Time Trial will be used in order to place drivers in situations where they will be competing against drivers of similar skill level. As drivers develop (speed & racecraft improvement), they will be moved to the next faster division as warranted. Please note that a driver may remain in a division where he/she is much faster than his/her competitors but needs to improve their racecraft. This encourages the driver to be more concerned with car control, passing cleanly, etc. rather than simply "winning at all costs" and/or driving too aggressive. The driver now has to learn to drive in and around traffic cleanly, rather than "through" traffic.

How Do I Join?!
1: Create a GTP account (be sure to include your PSN ID)
& post a request to join us on the thread.
2: Look for a reply to your request.

3: Submit your CAR COLOR/WHEELS COLOR/RACECAR NUMBER to @Luv2Coach via New Conversation
4: Run your TT

5: Read the OLR and be sure to ask questions if you do not understand something.
6: Check the weekly line-up, get your cars ready, and prepare to have fun!!!

Rules OLR
Strict adherence to the OLR is required. We highly recommend you read the OLR thoroughly and understand key components: Rules 01, 05-12, 14, 15, & 17. Throughout the OLR you will notice bold text to emphasize key points. You will also find green text that is used as addendums to the OLR added by S.T.a.R. Racing League. If a Post Race Review is filed, it will be reviewed and penalties assessed. Nearly all penalties are -1 point.
NOTE: Please follow OLR 17 for filing a PPR (Post Race Review) if you feel a driver violated any OLR rules. The deadline for filing is MONDAY, 2100 CST / 0300 GMT.
If a driver accumulates -6 points in any given week, then that driver will be suspended from one race combo the following week. Each penalty thereafter will be a one race suspension.
Example: Driver A receives a total of -8 points in week 2. The penalty for week 3 will be to set out the entire Race 2 combo (the combo with most negative points) and set out the second race of Race 1 and Race 3.

LAG ISSUES
"If a driver is having lag issues, they are required to exit, clear cache, & reenter. The driver will have three minutes from the time the request to "Clear Cache" is made."

The Good Racecraft Guide
For further details on exemplary racecraft I have included a link to this document written by VBR. It explains some very key and clear details regarding Defending & Attacking, Overtaking & Being Overtaken, and Drafting. The Good Racecraft Guide also discusses decision making during a race and includes further links to good racecraft.
After reading this document, you will have a far better understanding of what is expected of you as a driver here at S.T.a.R. This league was founded on the principle of clean, respectful, racing. Racing with respect to others and good racecraft ensures great competition with close and fun racing. There is simply nothing better than driving hard and having a good close battle for position without fear another driver will ruin the race for both parties due to bad decisions and/or poor judgement during a heated race.
I respectfully request you read this document; it is worth your time.

Thank you for considering racing with S.T.a.R. and may you enjoy your affiliation with us.
Good racin' !!!

Sincerely and respectfully,
Coach

Last edited:
W2TI9rD.png

SEASON 4
SUNDAY 29 June

WK 5
R1. Abarth 500 '09 @ Circuito de Madrid
R2. 470pp @ Indy road course
R3. GT300 Base Models @ 80s Monza
WK 4
R1 - High Performance G37 @ Fuji F; 5min Q, 6 Laps

R2 - Pre 1980, Min 1050kg, 550pp (FF, FR, MR, RR, 4WD) {SS} @ Eiger Nordwand - Short Track; 5min Q, 11 Laps

R3 - Silvia RM @ Spa; 6min Q 5 Laps

WK 3
R1 - '89 Mazda MX-5 (Miata) {SH} @ Suzuka East; 5min Q, 10 Laps
R2 - 490pp (FF, FR, MR, RR, 4WD) {SH} @ Silverstone GP; 6min Q, 5 Laps
R3 - BWM 320i Touring Car '03 @ 80s Monza

WK 2
R1 - '96 Honda Prelude Type S @ Twin Ring Motegi EAST
R2 - 545pp FR, FF, RR, 4WD, MR @ Nurb GP/F
R3 - Cappuccino RM @ Autumn Ring

WK 1
R1 - '10 Aston Martin V12 Vantage @ Apricot Hill; 8 Laps, 4min Q

R2 - 545pp [FF, FR, RR, MR, 4WD] {SM} @ Suzuka; 5 Laps, 5min Q

R3 - Corvette Z06 (C6) LM Race Car {RH} @ Sarthe '13; 4 Laps; 8min Q

Last edited:
TT instructions
In GT6 go to Single Player from your home screen and select Time Trial. Click World Circuits and go to Fuji F (page 3). Select "Use a Courtesy Car" & go to page 2 then select the Ford Shelby GT500. After selecting the car, Color, & Transmission, click the Driving Options icon. Leave Sport Hard tires on, Grip Settings REAL, & turn OFF driving aids (you may use ABS if desired). Now you're ready to run!!!

Submit your COMPLETE time (EX - 1:57.482) to Luv2Coach via private message (Start a Conversation).

Last edited:
First time joining this week. I usually join a friend's low pp shuffle room and chill for awhile but a racing league might be nice to look forward to. I do miss competitive driving in race cars.

How does the TT work for placement?

As far as tuning, I remember hearing about a TCB series of racing with some good regulations you might want to consider. You take a stock sports car and give it a roll cage, race suspension, and racing tires. That's it. The roll cage is for safety in real life of course, but it will help keep the body roll down in GT5. I like the idea of stock street cars but using racing tires you get the most out of the car.

rMd2wTu.png

Division 1
  1. Luv2Coach(GTP- @Luv2Coach )--Red & Blue #68
  2. THE_STIGS_SON(GTP-n/a)--White & White #1
  3. FREEREVN(GTP-@FREEREVN)--AtomicOrange & Black #88
  4. CAgrown805(GTP- @CAgrown805 )--Grey & Green #47
  5. GTP_K1utch(GTP- @K1utch )--Black & Red #96
  6. SpeedyMcQueen(GTP- @SpeedyMcQueen )--Matte Black & White #7
  7. xpiratenationx(GTP- @Mark II)--MidnightPurple & ReflexSpice #24

Division 2
  1. Whitey093(GTP- @Whitey093 )--Matte Dark Silver & Black #93
  2. USERID_77a23(GTP- @USERID_77a23 )--Red & White #56
  3. Whiterice83(GTP- @Whiterice83 )--Metallic Green & Black #83
  4. GTP_lousteezy(GTP-@lousteezy )--GT POLARIZED 007 & White #19
  5. FLogger59(GTP-@Flogger )--FrenchBlue & Black #59
  6. EZT_WarEagle (GTP- @EZT WarEagle )--Blue & Orange #75
  7. Jakedog23 (GTP- @[SIZE=2][B]Jakedog23[/B][/SIZE] )--Blue & Nero #23

Last edited:
So for now we can practice on our own as much as we want, and then get the usual outlap and hot lap in the race room at the time of the race. I can dig it.

The GT-R is a bit of a handful slowing down for T1 (at full speed, not from standing start). It likes to get tail happy very easily. I think it has to do with all that weight I'm trying to stop in a line that is anything but straight. Not very ideal lol

Lol. Yeah it likes to be moving in a str8 line when braking. So yeah practice anytime. I'm hoping to have a practice day/night for everyone eventually. As e grow we can set that up. Advertise us up to your race friends. We have a grat group so far, hopefully they'll participate here more frequently soon. Lol

I will not be available. There is some family reunion thing I have to go to. I won't be home until at least 9/10pm. :(

I will probably be around, but only later on. I don't know how long these races usually go.

Each race is 12 minutes. There are 6 races total, so you're looking at 72 minutes race time. It's probably safe to say you can add about ten minutes to that for qualifying for the first race of each combo. There won't be much of a delay between races except for me to change to reverse grid. Target time is 1:45 -2:00, no more. That's the goal.

We had a great first official day of racing today. We topped out at 12 drivers and never fell below 9. As drivers become accustomed to our format and regulations things will smooth out. We finished under 2 hrs as was our goal. Thank you to all who participated.

As for our top 3 in order it was Stigs_Son, Buukeri, & Coach. Prizes are described in the first post. Winners please post your selection by Tuesday evening. Thanks

Last edited:
Do you think it would be a good idea to switch down to Light Damage but keep collisions on for the first few weeks? While people get accustomed to close racing with experienced drivers and what not.

Yeah, I'm giving it some thought. May stick to it for some time. Not sure yet but will use it nect week for sure.

I personally think that we should ban the Miata from the FR 80s, I think it's just too good and would be more fun without it. Unless everyone takes it.

I don't think the Miata comes close to the required PP. I'm gonna use the premium Supra cuz it's all I have near there. I generally try to use premium cars only.

Starting NOV 3 races will be at 1500 CST / 2100GMT
I had to do this as my schedule has changed such yhat I have to work Saturdays now. Race day is now SUNDAY BEGINNING NOV 3

I don't think the Miata comes close to the required PP. I'm gonna use the premium Supra cuz it's all I have near there. I generally try to use premium cars only.

It does reach the PP, and it's even a premium car. And the Supra is bit of a tank. :P

Last edited:
I was just pointing out that the Mazda was a premium car, since DesertPenguin implied it wasn't. Anyway, it's highly recommended/not recommended due to its speed.

--

I will do my best to stay out of the way of that beast. ;)

Back