♦SNAIL WRRC (CLOSED)PS4 

• Thread starter Lessen
  • 3,864 comments
Worried about AC, though, because of a tweet by them saying they will have only public servers for consoles at the start. If there's no private lobbies/servers, that pretty much kills league play....

Worried about AC, though, because of a tweet by them saying they will have only public servers for consoles at the start. If there's no private lobbies/servers, that pretty much kills league play....
I don't have a problem kicking non league members out of the room till the race starts then they can join all they want to watch how racing is really done.

I pre ordered AC and im definitely excited to get on it but, for some reason, from all videos, reviews and chronics about it I have a feeling that AC will be more as a pontual alternative to project cars than a replacement thing.
Of course final opinion will come after playing it but AC looks limited in terms of cars and mostly on tracks.
Let's see in about a week and a half. (Yes, I know it will be ready for download on the 30 but I will be away on vacation until Sept 4)

I pre ordered AC and im definitely excited to get on it but, for some reason, from all videos, reviews and chronics about it I have a feeling that AC will be more as a pontual alternative to project cars than a replacement thing.
Of course final opinion will come after playing it but AC looks limited in terms of cars and mostly on tracks.
Let's see in about a week and a half. (Yes, I know it will be ready for download on the 30 but I will be away on vacation until Sept 4)

Id say I'm expecting the same as you. I think it'll be simpler and more user friendly than PCARS, but if the physics aren't on a different level of realism, it may just be another high quality option.

Id say I'm expecting the same as you. I think it'll be simpler and more user friendly than PCARS, but if the physics aren't on a different level of realism, it may just be another high quality option.
From all the videos, I have the feeling that the physics will be considerably better than PCars. I honestly don't care that much about having a ton of cars, but tracks are another matter. There are only so many laps you can run on the Nordschleife (at last count, I really can't stomach anything over 1.500 laps with the same car there...).

My whole question is whether or not we can have proper league play and, more importantly, proper endurance. I don't think the latter is the goal of the game, so I won't be mad if it's not possible, but not having the former would suck. I really want this to be a way to get back to some SNAIL racing.

Also, @Schmiggz, thank you for the tip. I'm travelling, but have left the PS4 hard wired at my mom's place (it's a long story) and hopefully AC will be there when I get back on the 31st.

@FlipJ i hate to be a Debbie downer, but I just don't have a lot of faith that controllable spec racing will be in the cards until GT7 arrives. I am brainstorming something new, but it would be more "club" and less "league".
Yeah, I think that is going to have to do for a little while. I'm slowly convincing myself that it will be necessary to bite the bullet and give PD some more money... Damn it all to hell.

Although I'll keep faith that Assetto will eventually feature private rooms for PS4. If not, I might even simply go to the PC and say screw it all.

The PC has always been in the back of my head like... "one day... one day".
Empty box always said that the true sim racing experience lies under the PC platform and racing with another 30 something cars on track has always been a dream.
One day flip, one day.

Ha! It's ok. Been playing F1 this week. :)
Really? I thought you didn't care for high down force race cars. My son wants me to buy F1, but I still haven't gotten into Dirt Rally yet. It's been collecting dust for two months. Then with Assetto coming in a few days, there's just not enough time! But... How is the racing in F1? As a huge F1 fan I think I'd get into it. My son played the crap out of the 2011 version on PS3. I picked that up at GameStop for like $13.

Really? I thought you didn't care for high down force race cars. My son wants me to buy F1, but I still haven't gotten into Dirt Rally yet. It's been collecting dust for two months. Then with Assetto coming in a few days, there's just not enough time! But... How is the racing in F1? As a huge F1 fan I think I'd get into it. My son played the crap out of the 2011 version on PS3. I picked that up at GameStop for like $13.

I don't dislike high grip, I only struggle to be competitive generally.

I would like to do some online racing with fellow snails. Hint hint

Lol, listen to this, a Portuguese friend was playing AC during the afternoon and them we got together at PC so I asked him how's the game, how cool is it, etc, and he goes "the driving is absolutely amazing in terms of feeling, tires, physics, brakes, downforce... everything else is the biggest piece of crap in the world!"
He runted a lot about the game, I only remember a few things like:
- As we all already know, no private rooms.
- No rain or night races
- Car's headlights are tremendously poor. The driver ahead can barely notice you're flashing.
- The tunning/set up is devastatingly limited.
- There's no tire wear info at all.
- There's only European tracks.
The Red whatever DLC is not included.

And some other minor stuff I can't recall...
So, as I was saying before and Lessen feels the same, it really seems that Assetto Corsa is only a simple snack in between the great Project Cars meals.

@Lessen
This is when you realize how unreliable those youtubers are in order to, most of all, tell what game companies want them to tell in order to keep sending them all sorts of free stuff!!
Yesterday, Inside Sim Racing posted a video on Youtube with the moto: "is it true that Assetto Corsa dumbed down in the consoles" as apparently all computer users are saying and the host guarantees that "absolutely not" so he does his review listing and pointing all the good things AC has only mentioning as negative the fact of not being possible to open private rooms, the not inclusion of non European tracks and that the 102 cars are actually 86 with some of the models having 2 or 3 variations.
Everything else simply out of this world.
That's why i love Empty Box. That guy doesn't owe anyone nothing. If it's ****** he'll say it's ******, period.

@Lessen
This is when you realize how unreliable those youtubers are in order to, most of all, tell what game companies want them to tell in order to keep sending them all sorts of free stuff!!
Yesterday, Inside Sim Racing posted a video on Youtube with the moto: "is it true that Assetto Corsa dumbed down in the consoles" as apparently all computer users are saying and the host guarantees that "absolutely not" so he does his review listing and pointing all the good things AC has only mentioning as negative the fact of not being possible to open private rooms, the not inclusion of non European tracks and that the 102 cars are actually 86 with some of the models having 2 or 3 variations.
Everything else simply out of this world.
That's why i love Empty Box. That guy doesn't owe anyone nothing. If it's ****** he'll say it's ******, period.
I don't know him, but I like his style already. Will google that review.

So, how would you guys feel about a multi-platform/format good faith spec club? Maybe we hold a race once a month like we did the Group A Cup. Not always the same game. Not always the same format. Where the only things set in stone are clean racing and spec cars.

So, how would you guys feel about a multi-platform/format good faith spec club? Maybe we hold a race once a month like we did the Group A Cup. Not always the same game. Not always the same format. Where the only things set in stone are clean racing and spec cars.
Honestly, I'd be cool with the honour system. Yes, it's nice to win, but it's nicer to have fun, good battles and earn the respect of my fellow racers.
If some people rather win than do all that, then too bad for them.
I'll be back on the horse in a month at the most, so sign me up.

I think we should turn off realistic aids and leave them all available. Keep it easy for everyone to get in any car and get going right away. Or maybe just allow ABS like GT6 SNAIL.

I'd love to use one car and a few races per night or one track and two or three cars to incrementally increase difficulty, ala SNAIL Sunday format. Just with one track.

The allure of the Group A Cup was the fact that it was different. I think that's what needs to be tapped into. I'd like to use PCARS/AC/F116/DR etc. Heck, I wouldn't mind using MotoGP too if anybody else would.

For the record. I highly despise the idea of "making it easy for everyone". Don't take that the wrong way. I'm not trying to discount your ideas, and I understand your angle; but I'm pretty old school.. I believe in hard work, determination, failing and redemption. I hate partcipation trophies and I appreciate improvement.

I hear ya, I'm just saying make it a bit more like Sunday SNAIL to facilitate said improvement. The hard work and determination, failing and redemption are still there, it's just less emphasis on fighting the car with more on fighting the driver next to you.

Well, we can kinda do whatever. That would be the beauty of a multi-platform/format club.

I need some lunch, then maybe I'm heading out to get Dirt Rally

Latest Posts

Back