'02 Season

• Thread starter Talentless
  • 51 comments
Originally posted by denith
What About MONTOYA!!??

Well, freakish car control. Probably going to be in a great car. Got the support of his team, but is the package in a Championship winning form? Do you think it will be faster than the Ferrari? Probably will be more powerful, but Williams have issues with reliability that they will have to crack.

JPM should be exciting to watch in '02 anyway. He certainly was in '01.

It's a nice looking car, maybe the front wing is not too amazing, but still fits fairly well.
toyota_launch004.jpg

But it . . . it just looks heavy. Does anyone else get that impression?

Originally posted by Talentless
It's a giant peppermint candy.

What is the story with those stupid red splashes on the sidepods?

It looks like someone drove off from the paint shop while the car was still being painted!

I can't get a handle on how these current spec cars look - after the cars of the early 90's, everything looks heavy and awkward.

It's a nice looking car, maybe the front wing is not too amazing, but still fits fairly well.
toyota_launch004.jpg

But it . . . it just looks heavy. Does anyone else get that impression?
just like BAR in their first two seasons .......i think it's poor aerodynamics that make it look that way

Originally posted by vat_man

What is the story with those stupid red splashes on the sidepods?

It looks like someone drove off from the paint shop while the car was still being painted!
stop Vat_man, you're killing me ;)

Well, if the fact that JPM didn't do too well early on is due to the usual learning curve, I think he'll do even better this year. For one, the Williams should be even more reliable. He only finished 6 races, and most of the failures were mechanical. He really came on strongly at season's end.

Kimi could win. I don't know if McLaren will be able to keep pace with Williams, though. More reliability for Williams (8th in lap completion %) will doom McLaren unless they made a huge step forward with the MP4-17.

For those commenting on the Toyota wing, no less a source than Adrian Newey insists that the front wing in itself makes little difference all it has to do is get air where you then want it, which varies from car to car.

I'm amazed people entertain for a moment they can see poor aerodynamics on an F1 car.

Originally posted by Dudley
I'm amazed people entertain for a moment they can see poor aerodynamics on an F1 car.
One word:
Eiffelland.

Hey, the Eiffelland's 30 years old this year!

It's like F1 magazine this month choosing which cars are fast entirely on whether they've adopted "rinland" front suspension geometry.

Not thinking for a moment that maybe, just maybe it would knacker something more important further back.

I think crash.net has pics of the new arrows, but i didn't feel like subscribing, or whatever it is they want, any pics elsewhere?

I think crash.net has pics of the new arrows, but i didn't feel like subscribing, or whatever it is they want, any pics elsewhere?

Try ITV-F1.com.

It looks kinda lacking in sponsorship to me, but it could be a pre-prod job.

Back