'05 Bikes in TT Classic Series?!?

Why do the Honda CB400SS RM '05 and Yamaha SR400 RM '05 in this series?

And why does the HondaCB400 SS '05 look like my dad's Honda CB500 '72?

The Racing Modified CB400SS and SR400 are not “real” bikes- rather they’re 2005 PD creations that borrow classic features from the Hondas and Yamahas of yesteryear.

I find the 400SS to be the most elegant looking bike in the game. Delicious

attachment.php

Samberto
The Racing Modified CB400SS and SR400 are not “real” bikes- rather they’re 2005 PD creations that borrow classic features from the Hondas and Yamahas of yesteryear.

I find the 400SS to be the most elegant looking bike in the game. Delicious

attachment.php

it really does have class. nice

Lightsped
Agree, these are actual 2005 bikes. Check the JDM Honda, Yamaha etc... websites. They are clearly listed there.
It would be helpful if you read a bit more carefully guys. The Racing Modified versions (being discussed in this thread) are Polyphony Digital creations that use the real 2005 bikes as a base. The RM versions do not exist, and borrow classic features from older racing bikes.

And BMWteam- please use the edit button rather than double posting.

Real 2005 bike
sjj5hj.jpg

PD Classic creation
attachment.php

Hey puppeteer, I’m aware of the aftermarket options available for the SR and the CB, and although the RM bikes share some of these classic features, (eg Manx tank on the CB) the bikes are distinct PD creations. Incidentally, my first bike was an SR250, and I’ve always had an interest in café racers.:)

yeah for sure..
but what do you mean by "distinct PD creations" then?

its just an SR 400 (or CB) with custom dials, tank, seat and pipes..
side covers popped off and some clips ons...

its just an arbitrary selection of parts, no more distinctly PD than any other RM bike in the game

more cool SRs
SR Club in FUKUOKA

i didnt say Yamaha or Honda sell Racing Modified versions but they can be modified very easy to look like old Enlgish Race bikes. Japan Motorcyling is all about Cult... the Megascooters are a cult at the moment as well the TW200 and Van Van from Suzuki...

puppeteer
but what do you mean by "distinct PD creations" then?
The unique selection of classic/vintage parts and features combined with PD’s projected performance and handling specifications make the RM bikes distinct virtual creations. In GT3 the Impreza LM borrowed heavily from the 2002 Cusco JGTC car, and in TT the Daytona 650 LM apes the Valmoto supersport machine- however, they remain distinctly specced and named PD constructions.

Back