1.06 update coming april 7th!

• Thread starter danielc
  • 785 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaaand now we're discussing "promises", PD and features in future updates again.

Let's stick to discussing what's in v1.06 and its implications.
my apologies for my reply to amars off topic discussion. I will judge PD after the update is available, because they could announce more features within v.1.06. Having said that, i don't see the benefits for us with this feature. Of course racing KAZ real life data after he finished at the 24h nurburgring would be cool, but he could race in GT6 and create an event for the community, too.

Well yesterday I made a harsh statement in here and the mods removed my post. I apologize for using less kind words!

With this update 1.06 they deliver another feature which unfortunately adds nothing for the gamer. Updates like this are nice when they first fix what is broken. I think however that it is very clearly now that many are very disappointed the way all is being handled at the moment.

Technically it may be a stunning achievement but that is all it is. It adds no value to GT6 and it adds no improvement gameplaywise.

I can see the glass as half-empty or half-full. I decided to go with the half-full.
Well Amar, I admire the way you stand behind GT. I have come to a point that the glass is already half-empty since GT5 and I want to empty it as quickly as possible.

Everyone has his/her opinion but this series just went over my limit and something else will start to fill up the glass with something fresh and exciting.

However, every example above used to counterargument my claim is related to planning phase and ideas about the future by PD. Those are hard working people that are creating a damn complex software.
Hard working people doesn't say anything if you can't deliver! I can work my behind off for a customer but if i focus on the stuff my customer doesn't ask for they go to someone else and I take the beating.

Heading over to the winning and crying thread before I go to much OT again......:lol:

Last edited:
I couldn't care less about any of the "promises" in the context of the reality.

The reality is that the security of the game has been successfully broken with hexing the dual-layer security of the code which is exposed to hacking and hybriding for two months now. My personal and subjective judgment is how such modding would seriously compromise the Community aspects of the game, as it did in GT5. I am not surprised with the probable delay of both Community and Quick Race aspects simply because hacking is a menace and no Community should be launched before security is met with zero tolerance to hacking. And it probably takes time.

There is also serious issues of the infamous "pit bug" which probably influences much more of the core engine any of us can perceive. If such issue would be simple, they would probably fix it by now. I am very aware of my own subjective impatience to have it fixed, by I am also sure the fix will come, so I wait - as everyone else.

But in the same time I really try to remain sane and to constructively participate in this community. However, I can also remain very sarcastic and ironic about this constant circle of complaints we all discussed to hell and back in previous months.

I do not by any mean DEFEND anything and I respect anyone's opinion.

However, every example above used to counterargument my claim is related to planning phase and ideas about the future by PD. Those are hard working people that are creating a damn complex software. And I have deliberately chosen to remain positive about everything because I am simply annoyed by constant negativity and deconstructive environment that has been created here since GT6's release.

I can see the glass as half-empty or half-full. I decided to go with the half-full. And my opinion is as valid as anyone else's is. Positives of GT6 are vastly greater than its negatives in my opinion and since there is no real constructive discussion around here about almost anything - and all positive spirit of the community has been replaced by flood of negativity - I can at least have my subjective portion of positivity here and there.
Whitestar likes this, a lot! 👍

At the following time we will perform maintenance on the servers for Gran Turismo 6:

Start: 07/04/2014 00:00 EDT
Finish: 07/04/2014 02:00 EDT

During the maintenance, it will not be possible to connect to any of the online services.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

http://eu.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_1480228.html

The thing is, GT5 had a course creator of some description, GT6 does not.

GT5 had shuffle races, GT6 does not.

GT5 had cars on kart-space, GT6 does not.

GT5 had drivable drift physics and working camber modeling GT6 does not.

GT5 had private lounges, GT6 does not.

GT5 had an 'RA function' that could be used online, GT6 does not.

GT5 allowed us to pick from reccomended cars online, GT6 does not.

GT5's sounds, all though pretty terrible, allowed us to hear the exhaust sound well and a non buggy tyre squeal sound, GT6 does not.

This is a snippet of why we are not happy people!

And now, I present you this:

Okey, I took few minutes of thinking and made this list from my head.

Notice it is not list of anything new in GT series, it is only a list of features/assets we already had in previous GT games. Also notice I did not repeat the same features throughout the span of the series but instead opted to note them only with their initial appearance in particular game.

And also notice I did not included option to speed up the B-Spec races although it existed in GT4. I personally and subjectively find real-time B-Spec of GT5 the only good way to go since I actually find it a standalone real-time management mode with AI-behavior-development and not a way to quickly make money or easily finish endurances. So, when I mentioned B-Spec driver in GT4 description below, intention is to have him jump-in and drive his portion in the real-time.

Grand idea is to have this features from previous games included in current state of GT5.

So, it goes something like this:

Gran Turismo 1
- separate music tunes for all segments of the game (including dealerships)
- laptimes and records tracked throughout the game
- scrollable list with all laptimes after the race
- strict restrictions for races
- SS11 with underpass
- GUI shortcuts
- 1-400, 1-1000, max speed tests
- Memory Card Battle :D (2P races should be called like that for nostalgia reason)
- single-screen replay for 2P races (abandoned in favor of split-screen replay from GT4 onwards)

Gran Turismo 2
- greatest Time-Trial options ever (sector monitoring, 3 types of ghosts, etc..)
- best Race Analysis tool in the series
- ability to rearrange cars through Garage
- Tahiti, Midfield, Red Rock Valley, Rome, Rome Night, Apricot Hill, Grundenwald, Seattle, rally tracks..
- monitoring and tracking highest speed per venue
- Event Creator tool
- restricted career separated through "GT World" and "Special Event" races
- separated Arcade mode with Unlocks
- skip-a-lap option in Replay

Gran Turismo 3
- real-time mileage-monitor on HUD
- Time Trial Arcade races with predetermined conditions
- Complex String, SS11 with overpass
- when Original Tracks are raced in Reverse-configuration the lightning (time of day) changes
- save-slots for tunes

GT Concept: Tokyo-Geneva
> no real details except for the PodRace for lulz ;)
- oh yeah, animated leafs on Autumn Ring track

Gran Turismo 4: Prologue
- Coffee Break tests
- License Tests structured with skill-tests
- aerodynamic/engine stall effect in high speeds

Gran Turismo 4
- stock-version of cars is unlocked for usage in Arcade/LAN multiplayer when bought in Dealerships/obtained through Prizes
- complex career with World Map
- Dealership Races
- LAN option
- old-school versions of some tracks, Motegi, Seoul, Hong Kong, Paris, Cathedral Rocks, El Capitan, Costa di Amalfi, Citta di Aria..
- interchangeable position with B-Spec driver through pits for Endurance races
- 2X fast-forward in Replay Theatre

GT5: Prologue
- leaderboards
- official matchmaking with predetermined entry-requirements
- animated pre-race garage sequences for particular car/track

GTPSP
- simple yet great Event Generator

+ all License tests were non-assisted in all GT games prior to GT5 > in GT5 many of the License tests?Special Event races have SRF mandatory enabled and I personally find it insulting..

BTW I probably forgot something in lists above, but those are details I could remember on the fly, without booting old games separately. If I did, I presume lists would be even longer.

And frankly, I am still happy. And this is something 16 years old if I count my first GT1 play.

So, what now?

There was server maintenance last night? That's odd...think it might be related to the update? Or do you guys think it got moved because of the update?

Last edited by a moderator:
@cmbeal317image inside the game.

In addition, this data can be combined with the "Data Logger" feature of GT6 to analyze the circuit driving data in-game. It is also possible then to read driving data of professional drivers to compare their driving actions such as brake and accelerator timings with your own.

I do hope that the data logger really is a move forward on reading what happens on track/with the car and the data is usefull to setup the car properly, but also I hope beeing able of saving more setups per car so I am not forced to run my PC on the 2nd screen to load my setup sheets and adjust the car each time I swap track or similar!

I don't think you understood what his post said.

PD said there will be an app that you download to your smartphone, which will have the ability to track your GPS (and possibly elevation), which you can then put onto the game and share with your friends. Consequently, you can drive an X1 on your way to work, in essence.

Which, not only is innovative, but also is one of (if not the) most wanted feature by everyone who plays GT.
It's probably me getting confused - I can't wait for the app ! What I'm objecting to is a fanfare over a piece of software at the moment that will run on one make of car and at that a few selected models - have I got the wrong end of the stick ?

It's probably me getting confused - I can't wait for the app ! What I'm objecting to is a fanfare over a piece of software at the moment that will run on one make of car and at that a few selected models - have I got the wrong end of the stick ?

That's the thing with new technology, it has to start somewhere.

Would you rather see another game do this first?

So I'm posting this in the hopes I'm wrong... But I own 5 race cars and I'm more easily found at a race track than my office these days and I have zero practical use for this feature...

I even helped with an app that likely does what PD are trying to convey better than PD that's free for anyone to use that utilizes the gyro in an android phone for inertia data caparisons of diffrent drivers. It's called Ragetank. Sure it's not real time telemetry but honestly we (racers or gamers) don't need that, but it's more for comparing drivers performance than data. Effectively doing the exact same thing in a very diffrent (easier) way from what I've read about this feature.

And to add rub, the shop that makes these data boxes for cars is right around the corner from me. They were on their last dime just a few years ago... So I have free access to make the most use of this feature...

So as a racer, game developer, and gamer, I have no use for this and it firmly fits in the gimic category to me.

So PD, there you have it, your target customer, doesn't need this... Please prove me wrong. I so desperately want to be wrong on this.

I have countless tools for the track... Can I please have my game back? If you intend to branch away from your core competency be prepared to be crushed by those with more exp in their own core markets.

If you don't accept my point as a racer, then I'll make my point as a game developer, choose freely.

Now can I please have something that complements the GAME? Not just your marketing efforts? Please?

That's the thing with new technology, it has to start somewhere.

Would you rather see another game do this first?
Depending on what feature(s) we had to give up to get it and how long its going to take before most of us see some benefit for it, the answer could easily be yes. If you are aware of what level of resources were committed to this and what else they could have been used for, feel free to share. I am not in the loop of course, but nothing is free, so something was obviously given less resorces or a lower priority than this.

Depending on what feature(s) we had to give up to get it and how long its going to take before most of us see some benefit for it, the answer could easily be yes. If you are aware of what level of resources were committed to this and what else they could have been used for, feel free to share. I am not in the loop of course, but nothing is free, so something was obviously given less resorces or a lower priority than this.

There is nothing to suggest they had to give up other features for this. I would think resources for this would also contribute to GPS course creator.

To me, this has a lot of potential. I'm happy resources have gone into this, instead of something like a livery editor.

I'd also say that the prevalence of hacking would be more likely to damage or slow down incoming features and updates.

Whitestar likes this, a lot! 👍

Wouldn't it be great if there was a button we could just click, maybe call it a LIKE button, that let's others know we like someone's post without having to go through the trouble of quoting them and then writing that we like it a lot? :P

Anyway, what I'm looking forward to in the (near?) future is doing more vs. laps like the Vettel ones, against other pros IRL. That'd be a great seasonal event. I'm also holding out hope for big bug fixes *fingers crossed!*

Jerome

Last edited:
Anyway, what I'm looking forward to in the (near?) future is doing more vs. laps like the Vettel ones, against other pros IRL. That'd be a great seasonal event. I'm also holding out hope for big bug fixes *fingers crossed!*

Jerome

So you're waiting for more "chase the rabbit"? Couldn't this be achieved with a stop watch, without going through this visualizer trouble?

So I'm posting this in the hopes I'm wrong... But I own 5 race cars and I'm more easily found at a race track than my office these days and I have zero practical use for this feature...

I even helped with an app that likely does what PD are trying to convey better than PD that's free for anyone to use that utilizes the gyro in an android phone for inertia data caparisons of diffrent drivers. It's called Ragetank. Sure it's not real time telemetry but honestly we (racers or gamers) don't need that, but it's more for comparing drivers performance than data. Effectively doing the exact same thing in a very diffrent (easier) way from what I've read about this feature.

And to add rub, the shop that makes these data boxes for cars is right around the corner from me. They were on their last dime just a few years ago... So I have free access to make the most use of this feature...

So as a racer, game developer, and gamer, I have no use for this and it firmly fits in the gimic category to me.

So PD, there you have it, your target customer, doesn't need this... Please prove me wrong. I so desperately want to be wrong on this.

I have countless tools for the track... Can I please have my game back? If you intend to branch away from your core competency be prepared to be crushed by those with more exp in their own core markets.

If you don't accept my point as a racer, then I'll make my point as a game developer, choose freely.

Now can I please have something that complements the GAME? Not just your marketing efforts? Please?

/thread. Amazing post!!

When I found out about this feature, the first thought that popped into my head was, "who's going to use this?"

As a gamer, and someone who has been following PD for 15 years, knowing their track record of being unable to cleanly execute nearly any of their grand ideas, would I even trust this feature to be accurate enough to rely on? In my humble opinion, I doubt it. I'm quite confident that DENSO and Toyota will get their end of the deal fairly accurate, but based on history, I'm betting PD will find some way to mess it up. Pessimistic, yes....realistic, also yes.

I also have doubts as to whether or not anyone in the racing community will actually take this seriously. I don't think it's much of a secret that a large portion of the racing community has very little respect for us "couch racers" (anyone ever heard Jarod DaAnta, the guy who MC's Formula D events, openly bash people who drift in video games, while he's on the mic to a few thousand people at the event, and thousands more on the live stream? The ironic part being they Xbox is a sponsor of FD lol). My guess is that a video game developer, such as PD, would be the last company a racer looking for a data analysis tool would turn too. Yes, I'm aware that computer coding is computer coding, and there is crossover...but I think the average person will still be stubborn enough to dismiss this as nothing more than a gimmick.

I anxiously await to be proven wrong...but again, looking at history, I have extremely strong doubts.

Edit:
Just had one more thought on the subject.

I actually could see a feature like this catching on in Japan. One, due to their love of techno gadgets and gizmos, and two, because of their drastically different cultural approach to video games. But I still feel the rest of the world will pretty much dismiss it.

Last edited:
It hasn't been released yet and you don't know all that is included. Save the criticism for after it's released.

yeah, because their track record is so great. how can i possibly have a bad feeling about this. I think ill criticize now and apologize later, thank you very much.

Can't criticise what you don't know.

same goes to you, except i have PDs history that says youre wrong.

funny thing is, i can criticize anything i want when ever i want, and you dont have to like it .

again, history repeats itself, this gps feature is hardly something to rave about. PD has been working on something stupid useless and really doesnt add anything to me personally as the user end.

again , because of their HORRIBLE delay track record, and their HORRIBLE lack of living up to their promises. i will talk now and apologize later.

Ill give them the benefit of the doubt and blind myself for just a second.

Oh yes ! i always wanted GPS data tracking, its so awesome. everyone wants this ! forget the course creator,sound updates, new cars, tracks, events, and bug fixes!! lets roll this out and get our GPS tracking on!! woooooot ... so awesome. not only is this needed but i know theyll add a course maker and everything else too.

same goes to you, except i have PDs history that says youre wrong.

funny thing is, i can criticize anything i want when ever i want, and you dont have to like it .

again, history repeats itself, this gps feature is hardly something to rave about. PD has been working on something stupid useless and really doesnt add anything to me personally as the user end.

again , because of their HORRIBLE delay track record, and their HORRIBLE lack of living up to their promises. i will talk now and apologize later.

Ill give them the benefit of the doubt and blind myself for just a second.

Oh yes ! i always wanted GPS data tracking, its so awesome. everyone wants this ! forget the track creator,sound updates, new cars, tracks, events, and bug fixes!! lets roll this out and get our GPS tracking on!! woooooot ... so awesome.

Oh stop being so defensive. You're obviously wrong as the update isn't even out yet! You can't judge what you don't know. We know PD have a debatable record, but to judge something not even known yet is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back