1.06 Update Details

How can you like that???

It isn't even not fun win like this...

One mision Challenge gold request was 1:11.000... Now 1:13.000 and i just did an 1:09.9 not even pushing...

Where is the challenge? Howe you want to improve your driving with this?

It really s:censored:

None of the challenge gold requests were difficult. They were a moderate barrier for players to achieve. Bronze was a thanks for playing, Silver was a gimme to someone who could keep it on track, gold was a 'now were getting there'

The real challenge was your friends top times and then the worlds top times. The offline content is the basis of the bigger challenge which is other drivers.

Tire sports tires are so grippy now that race tires are driving on rails.

Sports tires have been destroyed.
A sad day for me. Time to pack GT in and audios people

At Alsace village last night was doing difficult 2.20 and this morning I did my first lap with a 2.14. A difference of 6 seconds.

Grip grip grip everywhere.
N400 Car.
It now behaves like a formula 3 race

Helps if you think of real world examples of tires.

Comfort - All season tires.
Sport - Semi-slicks (See BMW M3 CSL, Renault Clio sport 182 Cup) both of which used more track orientated tires that were street legal.
Racing - Obvious really slick tires like on a real racing car.

None of the challenge gold requests were difficult. They were a moderate barrier for players to achieve. Bronze was a thanks for playing, Silver was a gimme to someone who could keep it on track, gold was a 'now were getting there'

The real challenge was your friends top times and then the worlds top times. The offline content is the basis of the bigger challenge which is other drivers.

Yes, none of gold challenge was difficult... But now it's ridiculous.. It is now like bronze "thanks for playing"

The leaderboards challenge with friends in a campaign mode should be an extra challenge, but the first one is to achieve gold... At least for me...That was one from the things i liked in older games.

BTW.... New bug!

The penalties don't work anymore in campaign mode like in time rallys...now you can hit cars and barriers with no seconds penalty or fail penalty...

Making super easy even more mega easy...

The "hand of God" that recover your car and can't be deactivated is back... In in what a manner :banghead::banghead:

Man....driveclub in hard mode is now more simulator than GT Sport in my opinion :banghead:

Thank you! how about starting from stand still in an FF car? do the rpm still fly at the rpm limiter even on 2nd gear?

It's SO much better now. Just tested the Civic Type R with Sports Soft and you can launch it in a way that actually make sense. Way less nasty torque steer as well. Same with a Toyota 86 on Sports Hard. I have driven both of these in real life on stock tires and it feels correct to me. Initiating and controlling drifts on the 86 feels so much more natural now as well. It's just the way that grip falls off that is so much better. Before it was super exponential, now the way grip falls off on Sports tires is way more linear how it should be.

Also! Braking! Braking is so much nicer with Sports tires now, makes all the production cars much more realistic and fun to drive.

Yes, none of gold challenge was difficult... But now it's ridiculous.. It is now like bronze "thanks for playing"

The leaderboards challenge with friends in a campaign mode should be an extra challenge, but the first one is to achieve gold... At least for me...That was one from the things i liked in older games.

BTW.... New bug!

The penalties don't work anymore in campaign mode like in time rallys...now you can hit cars and barriers with no seconds penalty or fail penalty...

Making super easy even more mega easy...

The "hand of God" that recover your car and can't be deactivated is back... In in what a manner :banghead::banghead:

Man....driveclub in hard mode is now more simulator than GT Sport in my opinion :banghead:

Your opinion is nonsense.. in my opinion. I would guess many more campaign events will be coming with the Mission Challenges and Driving School only showing Intermediate events. I am sure once we see advanced and super license events the difficulty will increase.

The penalties during campaign mode for hitting cars were removed in a previous update. There are plenty of campaign events that allow no contact with cars that still are the same.

Started up the game quickly this morning before work. I could have sworn that first song the menu played was one I didn’t hear yet.

Has new music been added to the game?

I think so too. I have definitely heard a song I hadn't heard before. Didn't catch the name of it though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the Shelby Cobra is 2 Million cr :ill: so I think I have quite a bit of grinding to get this. The other 2 cars are 1 Million a piece.

The best part of the update for me is the individual car sounds. I tried it out with headphones, adjusting your engine sound in cockpit and the other sounds as a (-minus) the engines have come alive for me at the top end of the rev range! I can hear them over the Transmission and tire squeals at last!

This is great. I also like the new Autumn Scapes and the handling on DS4 all feels a little tighter.

These recent updates and PD listening to the community is good, as is it all being implemented so quickly and all so polished. The game just feels solid now.

Here are the sound options for those that haven't downloaded it yet (Just over 1gb).

P>S You have to adjust these before you race as you can not adjust them on the fly like many other options.👍
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171127104352.jpg

Well the Shelby Cobra is 2 Million cr :ill: so I think I have quite a bit of grinding to get this. The other 2 cars are 1 Million a piece.

The best part of the update for me is the individual car sounds. I tried it out with headphones, adjusting your engine sound in cockpit and the other sounds as a (-minus) the engines have come alive for me at the top end of the rev range! I can hear them over the Transmission and tire squeals at last!

This is great. I also like the new Autumn Scapes and the handling on DS4 all feels a little tighter.

These recent updates and PD listening to the community is good, as is it all being implemented so quickly and all so polished. The game just feels solid now.

Here are the sound options for those that haven't downloaded it yet (Just over 1gb).

P>S You have to adjust these before you race as you can not adjust them on the fly like many other options.👍
View attachment 694875

Thank for share your settings :)

Your opinion is nonsense.. in my opinion. I would guess many more campaign events will be coming with the Mission Challenges and Driving School only showing Intermediate events. I am sure once we see advanced and super license events the difficulty will increase.

The penalties during campaign mode for hitting cars were removed in a previous update. There are plenty of campaign events that allow no contact with cars that still are the same.

Your first point is only a guess..
With the GT Mode incoming i don't think that they will add things in campaign mode..
So your opinion is also non sense..
What is a game with none challenge
And making more easy what was already very easy?
That can be defended in any matter.

Secondly, try out your self and you will see that the campaign events that yesterday got penalties, now they are away (broken)

View attachment 694875
That sound tweaking is brilliant

Helps if you think of real world examples of tires.

Comfort - All season tires.
Sport - Semi-slicks (See BMW M3 CSL, Renault Clio sport 182 Cup) both of which used more track orientated tires that were street legal.
Racing - Obvious really slick tires like on a real racing car.
I always thought it should be like this

Comforts - family car economy tyres like Supercats
Sport Hard - Sports Tyres like Hard Continentals with good wear
Sport Medium - Normal Soft Sports Tyres
Soft Sports - Track Tyres Like Trofeo R that wear very quickly
Race - Racing Slicks Hard, Meduium and Soft.

And I've always thought these should be modelled to match the size and therefore grip you would expect on the car you are driving.

I have not tried the update yet but that's what I've been hoping for.

People are saying PD messed up the handling (from /r/granturismo) in the latest update. Anyone care to shed some light on it?

People are saying PD messed up the handling (from /r/granturismo) in the latest update. Anyone care to shed some light on it?
I also came here to see more opinions before I get a chance to try it for myself. From the time the update was announced I knew if they got it perfect there would be people who would complain it is too easy. Raceroom was easier to play than GT Sport with traction control off and plenty of people think that Sim has great physics so the way I saw it was if GT Sport went more like Raceroom then people would complain it was too easy because they were already complaining it was too easy. If GT Sport became spot on to real life people will complain it is too easy because some people are convinced race cars slide around like they are on ice and bounce all over the place and that it is extremely difficult to drive fast. The only way you can get away with being more realistic to drive is if you throw as many bells and whistles as you can so that people have some other reason to believe you are more sim than the harder to drive game.

7HO
I also came here to see more opinions before I get a chance to try it for myself. From the time the update was announced I knew if they got it perfect there would be people who would complain it is too easy. Raceroom was easier to play than GT Sport with traction control off and plenty of people think that Sim has great physics so the way I saw it was if GT Sport went more like Raceroom then people would complain it was too easy because they were already complaining it was too easy. If GT Sport became spot on to real life people will complain it is too easy because some people are convinced race cars slide around like they are on ice and bounce all over the place and that it is extremely difficult to drive fast. The only way you can get away with being more realistic to drive is if you throw as many bells and whistles as you can so that people have some other reason to believe you are more sim than the harder to drive game.

There is a consensus that sim racing means the car has to understeer like hell and cars aren't twitchy. Perhaps it's because of this consensus that people are complaining about it being "easy". You have an interesting viewpoint.

View attachment 694875

I just test your sound setting. It's good for transmission whine and tire squeals but I don't heard the oppenants....

I put it at +3.0 but it isn't enough. Maybe the sound engine at 4 is too high ?

7HO
I always thought it should be like this

Comforts - family car economy tyres like Supercats
Sport Hard - Sports Tyres like Hard Continentals with good wear
Sport Medium - Normal Soft Sports Tyres
Soft Sports - Track Tyres Like Trofeo R that wear very quickly
Race - Racing Slicks Hard, Meduium and Soft.

And I've always thought these should be modelled to match the size and therefore grip you would expect on the car you are driving
I have not tried the update yet but that's what I've been hoping for.

Anything with a regular tread pattern should be comfort - even top end tyres like MPS4/Conti SC5 should only be CS.

Above that, I'm not sure there's really room for 3 grades of tyres classified as 'sport'... the difference in performance between the bottom end of this category (Toyo 888) and the top (Pirelli Trofeo) isn't massive... and the difference between a really good road tyre and 'track day tyres' isn't that big either... in the test below, a Conti SC6 (regular road tyre) actually ran faster laps than the 888, Yoko AD08R!

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2017-Track-Day-Tyre-Test.htm

Don't forget the Balance of Power!

【Gr.3 Class】
・BMW Z4 GT3 '11: Power Ratio : 105%> 106%
・AUDI R8 LMS (Audi Sport Team WRT)'15: Power Ratio : 91% > 90%
・ASTON MARTIN V12 VANTAGE GT3 '12:Weight Reduction Ratio: 106% > 105%
・CITROEN GT by CITROEN Race Car(Gr.3) : Power Ratio : 88% > 89%
・CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7 Gr.3: PowerRatio : 105% > 106%
・JAGUAR F-TYPE Gr.3: Power Ratio :101% > 102%; Weight Reduction Ratio: 103% > 102%
・SUBARU WRX Gr.3: Power Ratio : 105%> 106%
・FORD MUSTANG Gr.3: Power Ratio : 110%> 112%
・PEUGEOT RCZ Gr.3: Power Ratio : 103%> 104%
・MAZDA ATENZA Gr.3: WeightReduction Ratio: 103% > 102%
・RENAULT SPORT R.S.01 GT3 '16 Power Ratio : 100% > 101%
・MITSUBISHI LANCER EVPLUTION FINALEDITION Gr.3: Power Ratio : 107% > 108%

【Gr.4 Class】
・ASTON MARTIN VANTAGE Gr.4: WeightReduction Ratio: 108% > 106%
・ALFA ROMEO 4C Gr.4: WeightReduction Ratio: 103% > 104%
・CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7 Gr.4:Weight Reduction Ratio: 110% > 108%
・JAGUAR F-TYPE Gr.4: Power Ratio: 95%> 96% ; Weight Reduction Ratio: 104% > 103%
・FERRARI 458 ITALIA Gr.4: WeightReduction Ratio: 108% > 107%
・FORD MUSTANG Gr.4: WeightReduction Ratio: 107% > 105%
・BUGATTI VEYRON Gr.4: Power Ratio:98% > 99%
・PEUGEOT RCZ Gr.4: Power Ratio:108%> 110%
・HONDA NSX Gr.4: Weight ReductionRatio: 110% > 109%
・MERCEDES-BENT SLS AMG Gr.4:Weight Reduction Ratio: 111% > 110%
・NISSAN GT-R Gr.4: Power Ratio:95%> 96% ; Weight Reduction Ratio: 111% > 110%​

Both Jaguars getting buffs on power and weight. Only manufacturer to have that, so i was right: their cars were bad.

Shame this tweak came exactly 1 week to late for me lol.

7HO
I also came here to see more opinions before I get a chance to try it for myself. From the time the update was announced I knew if they got it perfect there would be people who would complain it is too easy. Raceroom was easier to play than GT Sport with traction control off and plenty of people think that Sim has great physics so the way I saw it was if GT Sport went more like Raceroom then people would complain it was too easy because they were already complaining it was too easy.

Sorry mate but "people" would tell you that raceroom does not have great physics -especially compared to other titles-.
So your point is invalide from the start.
Raceroom has "ok" physics compared to other titles -AC or RF2 or iRacing examples-.Its a really good title but not close to others *physics wise.

If GT Sport became spot on to real life people will complain it is too easy because some people are convinced race cars slide around like they are on ice and bounce all over the place and that it is extremely difficult to drive fast. The only way you can get away with being more realistic to drive is if you throw as many bells and whistles as you can so that people have some other reason to believe you are more sim than the harder to drive game.

Again you are wrong.
If GTS (or any other title) would get physics as close to reality,most people would praise the game for having great physics.
Hard does not equal great physics the same way that easy does not.It does not work that way.

Completely agree. Anyone who has a problem with them clearly hasn't driven anything on modern sports tires. It's a great update.
Incredible update, thanks PD. The grip levels are far far better now, before the road cars (and rally cars on dirt) that I drove would be almost like on ice with wayyy too much understeer. It’s there still when pushing too hard, as it should be. I have a sense of what the tyres are up to now. Very happy.

Looks like the pitlane glitch is fixed - but for anyone trying to drive the actual lap for credits/XP, be warned that the new Audi is in the pack and so much better on fuel that, as soon as he gets clear sight of the track, you can almost never beat it in an N100/RSS car any more. I've had one victory from four, and he's hitting 10'5x laps now.

Looks like the pitlane glitch is fixed - but for anyone trying to drive the actual lap for credits/XP, be warned that the new Audi is in the pack and so much better on fuel that, as soon as he gets clear sight of the track, you can almost never beat it in an N100/RSS car any more. I've had one victory from four, and he's hitting 10'5x laps now.
Pitlane glitch has been fixed and it applies to all tracks now.

Anyone else struggling with the new handling physics on a GR.3 car? I'm posting faster lap times, and yet, it's so much harder to drive the car.

7HO

Yeah there's a lot of misconception when it comes to real life comparisons. I remember some amateur I watched on Youtube a while back who got a chance to try one of the Le Mans cars. He said it was one of the easiest cars he had ever driven and he almost felt like the car drove itself in some corners. He was very surprised by his experience. But he also said that he hesitated to reveal his thoughts because he was afraid to anger a lot of people that were of the mindset that racers are some kind of superhumans that have tamed the wild beast that is the race car.

Yeah there's a lot of misconception when it comes to real life comparisons. I remember some amateur I watched on Youtube a while back who got a chance to try one of the Le Mans cars. He said it was one of the easiest cars he had driven and he almost felt like the car drove itself in some corners. He was very surprised about his experience. But he also said that he hesitated to reveal his thoughts because he was afraid to anger a lot of people that were of the mindset that racers were some kind of superhumans that had tamed the wild beast that is the race car.

Depends on the car/track and how its driven.
I am sure that a Mclaren going 50 km/h could feel "easy to drive".
Take the same car at Green Hell,try to push it into the limit like pro drivers do and then its another story.

Latest Posts

Back