1.13 Undocumented Changes Thread

• Thread starter KingFrog
  • 179 comments
Have they changed the handling of the Porsche 911 GT3? Tried the Dragons Tail endurance race tonight and the car oversteered like crazy!

you're right

oAa8qF.jpg

qy3n8Q.jpg
I also see a little lighting difference.
Thank you for the pictures! :)

Last edited:
I noticed today that the hot air balloons at Big Willow are now manned with people pasted in from the crowd. Maybe I was too far away before, but I'm pretty sure the gondolas were empty prior to the update.

Maybe I'm being simple, but can you now use custom liveries on the 'One Make' events where the cars are provided to you...

If you actually have the car used in the event you can use your own livery? Or has that been a thing for a while?

Maybe I'm being simple, but can you now use custom liveries on the 'One Make' events where the cars are provided to you...

If you actually have the car used in the event you can use your own livery? Or has that been a thing for a while?
I don't think so... only the one-make races that are specified as 'car from garage' as opposed to 'specially provided car' can have your own liveries. When has this worked for you?

I don't think so... only the one-make races that are specified as 'car from garage' as opposed to 'specially provided car' can have your own liveries. When has this worked for you?

It was the Alsace Daily B Race a couple of days ago, using the Subaru Gr.3 Road Car (that you buy from the Mi Exchange).

I have probably misread it, but I figured all the 'One Make' races provided you with the car, irrespective of whether you owned the car as the next option after 'Race Entry' is to select the colour of car from the pop up menu. This didn't appear, and I got plonked straight into my day-glow Orange Scooby, much to my surprise.

Fundamentally I think the difference is as you have highlighted, but I did not know that any of the 'One Make' events allowed you to use your own cars, I thought they were always automatically 'loaned' to the player.

It's not my video, its just a youtube vid to prove the point I made :)
Phew... I saw the blue moon drift in PSVR, thought I'd give it a go and wtf my game is broken or something :odd:.
When I watched your linked video I thought OMG everyone is doing this and there is something wrong with me my game is definitely broken.

It was the Alsace Daily B Race a couple of days ago, using the Subaru Gr.3 Road Car (that you buy from the Mi Exchange).

I have probably misread it, but I figured all the 'One Make' races provided you with the car, irrespective of whether you owned the car as the next option after 'Race Entry' is to select the colour of car from the pop up menu. This didn't appear, and I got plonked straight into my day-glow Orange Scooby, much to my surprise.

Fundamentally I think the difference is as you have highlighted, but I did not know that any of the 'One Make' events allowed you to use your own cars, I thought they were always automatically 'loaned' the the player.
Ah, no the one-make races featuring cars from your garage use the car from your garage (in whatever livery you have applied). You wouldn't have been able to enter that race had you not purchased the car from the mileage exchange.

Edit: I think I am correct in saying that Race A is always a 'specially provided car' and if there i a one-make on race B that will be a car you have to buy first (i.e car from garage')

Ah, no the one-make races featuring cars from your garage use the car from your garage (in whatever livery you have applied). You wouldn't have been able to enter that race had you not purchased the car from the mileage exchange.

Ah, that makes sense then.

Thanks for clarifying, I never knew there was a difference between the One Make events.

Anyone notice the update to the update details for release 1.13

Update Details (1.13) Correction Notice
02/03/2018

We noticed that the wordings for one of the "Sport Mode" changes listed in the Update Details (1.13) article were unfortunately misleading. Please see below for the details.

INCORRECT
- In a collision between two cars, a penalty will now be added to the Driver Rating (DR) as well as incurring a Time Penalty depending on the situation;

CORRECT
 - In a collision between two cars, a Time Penalty will now be issued according to the player's Driver Rating (DR) and the situation;

We apologise for the confusion this may have caused.

That's a slight difference !!

Original source of information - https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/news/00_5668483.html

Last edited:
Edit: I think I am correct in saying that Race A is always a 'specially provided car' and if there i a one-make on race B that will be a car you have to buy first (i.e car from garage')
Yes race A always same provided car. Race B one-make you can use your own livery.

Apologies if this has already been covered but I found something that does not appear in the documentation for this update.

- When editing a vehicle with an existing livery such as a race car, the existing livery will no longer be removed until you start editing the paint, decals, or racing items. (When only the design of the wheels is changed, the original decals will be maintained);

This allows you to upload the livery but as far as I can see you can only use it yourself, it cannot be shared with other players
as the option to share is disabled.

This allows you to upload the livery but as far as I can see you can only use it yourself, it cannot be shared with other players
as the option to share is disabled.
It's fairly obvious why it is like that.
If you are only changing wheels why would you need to share it, everybody can change the wheels for themselves on existing liveries.

It's fairly obvious why it is like that.
If you are only changing wheels why would you need to share it, everybody can change the wheels for themselves on existing liveries.

That's fair enough but it wasn't very obvious to me hence the reason for my post as I wanted it to be known so no one
else was scratching there heads on this.

That fix was done with update 1.11 in Janurary along with many other cars made available for specific events. 👍

Under close evaluation i noticed that other GT sport cars fall under the boxer category but were not included as selectable in this event

Requirements
Maximum Power:
493 hp
Minimum Weight: None
Maximum Tyre: Sports Soft

Included in update V1.13
Subaru WRX Gr.B Road Car

Cars that require addition that meet requirements
Ferrari 512 BB, 1976
Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport, 2016
Subaru WRX Gr.4 Race Car
Toyota 86 Gr.4 Race Car

I thought I remembered this car missing until 1.13, and there being a thread about this. Both being correct. What isn't included in the boxer spirit car selection is the new wrx time attack car, which is not that surprising with it being a race car.

I do the Blue Moon tri-oval as a daily grind in my F40, it seems as though the 1st timing marker is a bit farther down the track. Can't get close to my split times pre-update.

Anyone else notice this on other tracks?

Oh, I'm reminded.
330 P4 is now listed in the Main Rival Cars list of La Festa Cavallino. (Before this update, it appears in the third round; Monza, without any signs. How many people were surprised by that?)

I just noticed that on the website :
- In the discovery section, you can now sort your search by popularity. This allows to show EVERY livery/pics/decals since the start of the game sorted by "likes".

I have not the console near me so I don't know if it is the same in the game.
The pages are not clear, though. The first page seems to be "100 likes and more", second page "between 100 and 50"... but it depends on the search terms you used (2nd page could be 100-60 or whatever).
This is not useful for the decals, as some of the less used decals can be find far quicker with the time than with the likes.
But for the liveries, it's awesome, you can now really see and choose the best of them. For example when you search "Castrol", you'll see the 5 ou 6 best Castrol Supra GT on the same page and therefore compare and choose your favourite !

I just noticed that on the website :
- In the discovery section, you can now sort your search by popularity. This allows to show EVERY livery/pics/decals since the start of the game sorted by "likes".

I have not the console near me so I don't know if it is the same in the game.
The pages are not clear, though. The first page seems to be "100 likes and more", second page "between 100 and 50"... but it depends on the search terms you used (2nd page could be 100-60 or whatever).
This is not useful for the decals, as some of the less used decals can be find far quicker with the time than with the likes.
But for the liveries, it's awesome, you can now really see and choose the best of them. For example when you search "Castrol", you'll see the 5 ou 6 best Castrol Supra GT on the same page and therefore compare and choose your favourite !

It's not available yet on console. I hope we can use it also in game!

Back