1.16 General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 226 comments
HCK
I think it will be different for everyone, my wheel is a V2 CSW so perhaps is not the same as a (alternate) wheel. My main point of doing all this, was I wasn't happy with all the nay Sayers.

So many people saying GT6 has the best physics, the bouncy wheel effect Is for extra real road feel etc... I couldn't play the game because of it, and eventually gave up n frustration :(

Until now!
I suggest if anyone is having any oscillation at all, in any respect, dial it out! If anyone HAS experienced oscillation and IS experiencing it, set me a car, track, tune, spec whatever and I'll film it and I guarantee no oscillation on my End, but will bring up telemetry displaying absolute precision.

All changes made were made by adjusting in game settings only. My wheel never changed any settings. All assists etc were not changed (all off) no car aids were added or removed etc etc etc but the difference is unbelievable! This absolutely transforms the game and the way it feels!

So, what is your driving options wheel feedback setting used ? You can see it when pausing at the track :) I think many will want to try the settings you used.

HCK
I think it will be different for everyone, my wheel is a V2 CSW so perhaps is not the same as a (alternate) wheel. My main point of doing all this, was I wasn't happy with all the nay Sayers.

So many people saying GT6 has the best physics, the bouncy wheel effect Is for extra real road feel etc... I couldn't play the game because of it, and eventually gave up n frustration :(

Until now!
I suggest if anyone is having any oscillation at all, in any respect, dial it out! If anyone HAS experienced oscillation and IS experiencing it, set me a car, track, tune, spec whatever and I'll film it and I guarantee no oscillation on my End, but will bring up telemetry displaying absolute precision.

All changes made were made by adjusting in game settings only. My wheel never changed any settings. All assists etc were not changed (all off) no car aids were added or removed etc etc etc but the difference is unbelievable! This absolutely transforms the game and the way it feels!

Why bother writing all of this if you are not going to post the settings that were "wrong" before and "perfect" now? ...

It doesn´t make any sense....

Why bother writing all of this if you are not going to post the settings that were "wrong" before and "perfect" now? ...

It doesn´t make any sense....

Because is right for me, but not right for you!
For example... Instead of moaning, how about we do the test I mentioned!... You know, Something useful!

Do you have a car that oscillates when driving OR when stationary!
If so,
Do you have a wheel,
If so,
What kind,
Post a video of the exact issue, a flat track (like the silverstone part I used)
Then I will try the exact setup on my wheel and try to dial it out and let you know what I had to do!

IM pretty sure that's reasonable instead of everyone trying to add CSW V2 settings to their non v2 wheels and different cars etc?..

It works for ME but your setting s will very likely be for your config/setup but I am willing to test this out (as I mentioned)

I just drove a 86 GT Aniversary at 100mph on the Twin Ring and had absolute 0 oscillation and it was great. I've been away from GT for a while because of its bizarre FFB issues, but my god it's fun to be back on it :)

HCK

Until now!

That's a lot of good work and research you've done there, but could you please cough up your in-game settings for other Fanatec users? They might just help as a starting point for us old Logitec plebs... ;)

HCK
Because is right for me, but not right for you!
For example... Instead of moaning, how about we do the test I mentioned!... You know, Something useful!

Do you have a car that oscillates when driving OR when stationary!
If so,
Do you have a wheel,
If so,
What kind,
Post a video of the exact issue, a flat track (like the silverstone part I used)
Then I will try the exact setup on my wheel and try to dial it out and let you know what I had to do!

IM pretty sure that's reasonable instead of everyone trying to add CSW V2 settings to their non v2 wheels and different cars etc?..

It works for ME but your setting s will very likely be for your config/setup but I am willing to test this out (as I mentioned)

I just drove a 86 GT Aniversary at 100mph on the Twin Ring and had absolute 0 oscillation and it was great. I've been away from GT for a while because of its bizarre FFB issues, but my god it's fun to be back on it :)

I think you misunderstood his question, if you go to GT6 options menu, steering controller and the top most - steering characteristics, there are several settings there :
Steering Type ( Amateur, Professional, and Simulation )
Power Assisted Steering ( on or off )
Force Feedback Max Torque 1 -10 in range
Force Feedback Sensitivity 1 -10 in range

The force feedback are the ones that have been asked by many here :P

I think you misunderstood his question, if you go to GT6 options menu, steering controller and the top most - steering characteristics, there are several settings there :
Steering Type ( Amateur, Professional, and Simulation )
Power Assisted Steering ( on or off )
Force Feedback Max Torque 1 -10 in range
Force Feedback Sensitivity 1 -10 in range

The force feedback are the ones that have been asked by many here :P

Everything is set to simulation, no power steering, no assists, no aids, no tweaks to my wheel settings and the last 2 are (can be) car dependant? As I said 3 times already ;)

I can't tell you which ones to use because they differ slightly depending on setup? It's like suspension, it's different for each car.

But if you give me a video of a car, plus settings, plus the issue, plus your config I will use my time to see if I can dial the issue out FOR THAT CAR on my wheel and give you the settings?

I think we're all asking the same thing here, just in different ways :)

Do you have the oscillation issue, if yes please do the following:
Post video of issue with description of car and car configure (if any)
Post your hardware setup etc

I will take exact car setting,
Post a before and after video and INCLUDE SETTINGS USED for fixing that!

Easy.
If you don't had the problem, don't worry, be happy :)

HCK
Everything is set to simulation, no power steering, no assists, no aids, no tweaks to my wheel settings and the last 2 are (can be) car dependant? As I said 3 times already ;)

I can't tell you which ones to use because they differ slightly depending on setup? It's like suspension, it's different for each car.

But if you give me a video of a car, plus settings, plus the issue, plus your config I will use my time to see if I can dial the issue out FOR THAT CAR on my wheel and give you the settings?

I think we're all asking the same thing here, just in different ways :)

Do you have the oscillation issue, if yes please do the following:
Post video of issue with description of car and car configure (if any)
Post your hardware setup etc

I will take exact car setting,
Post a before and after video and INCLUDE SETTINGS USED FOR THAT CAR!

Good start! Now we're just curious about your Max Torque and Sensitivity settings. That can't be that much of a secret, can it?

Good start! Now we're just curious about your Max Torque and Sensitivity settings. That can't be that much of a secret, can it?

Hi,

Yea my torque and sensitivity settings are somewhere between 1 and 10 DEPENDING ON THE CAR?

Maybe I'm not explaining my self correctly here?

It's different for each car...

HCK
Hi,

Yea my torque and sensitivity settings are somewhere between 1 and 10 DEPENDING ON THE CAR?

Maybe I'm not explaining my self correctly here?

It's different for each car...

OK, now I'm learning something here. Is that a Fanatec thing that makes such a difference on a car by car basis? I wasn't having a go at you, just curious. If that's the case then maybe PD should link FFB settings to each car as they do TC and ABS. I know I'd like them to link G27 rotation if possible. I generally set mine to 6** degrees (whatever circle is), but it's not appropriate for all cars.

OK, now I'm learning something here. Is that a Fanatec thing that makes such a difference on a car by car basis? I wasn't having a go at you, just curious. If that's the case then maybe PD should link FFB settings to each car as they do TC and ABS. I know I'd like them to link G27 rotation if possible. I generally set mine to 6** degrees (whatever circle is), but it's not appropriate for all cars.

Yea, basically the FFB update that was recently implemented was designed to be car specific. It's kind of says so in the release notes and the description. However, there are still other hoops you need to jump through.

Basically, I can drive ANY car. Ow with 0 oscillation. This includes high speed. I had the GT out at 140 with only road camber and torque affecting my wheel if I let it go.

It's an absolute game changer for me, to have 0 errors and just raw force feedback is amazing!
I literally HATED this game only a day ag, I was vocal about my hatred for the FFB update. But after figuring it all out, it's a game changer!

I can drive any car, any track, any speed, let go of the wheel and get NO (unwarranted) oscillation. It's fantastic!

If anyone IS experiencing the issue of unwarranted oscillation, let me know and we can try fix it, and then the community can benefit from it!

Just follow the instructions above, I'm happy to iron out the settings if we have anyone else with the issue :)

HCK

Until now!

I had the same effect using 2/5 on my DFGT

HCK
Yea, basically the FFB update that was recently implemented was designed to be car specific. It's kind of says so in the release notes and the description. However, there are still other hoops you need to jump through.

Basically, I can drive ANY car. Ow with 0 oscillation. This includes high speed. I had the GT out at 140 with only road camber and torque affecting my wheel if I let it go.

It's an absolute game changer for me, to have 0 errors and just raw force feedback is amazing!
I literally HATED this game only a day ag, I was vocal about my hatred for the FFB update. But after figuring it all out, it's a game changer!

I can drive any car, any track, any speed, let go of the wheel and get NO (unwarranted) oscillation. It's fantastic!

If anyone IS experiencing the issue of unwarranted oscillation, let me know and we can try fix it, and then the community can benefit from it!

Just follow the instructions above, I'm happy to iron out the settings if we have anyone else with the issue :)

Good to hear you've sorted that. The wheels I've had have only oscillated in hands off situations and I put that down to the fact that in any game FFB has to give back so much more than just the feel of a wheel IRL. Maybe should link/post this in the hardware thread as I'm sure it would help many Fanatec users. Maybe it's been such an issue for you as I believe Fanatec have pretty strong FFB motors which may exaggerate the problem.

What are you on about? I would do 99% of the driving... I want the challenge of doing a 24 hour race. Seems others do too.
I don't know if I would do the 24hr races if they were added, but I'd prefer an actual endurance race over a 24 minute race.

I don't know if I would do the 24hr races if they were added, but I'd prefer an actual endurance race over a 24 minute race.

There has to be some happy ground between 24 hours and 24 minutes surely. Personally, I would like to see some one to three hour endurance races, with Bob able to take a couple of stints while I got a drink etc.

Good to hear you've sorted that. The wheels I've had have only oscillated in hands off situations and I put that down to the fact that in any game FFB has to give back so much more than just the feel of a wheel IRL. Maybe should link/post this in the hardware thread as I'm sure it would help many Fanatec users. Maybe it's been such an issue for you as I believe Fanatec have pretty strong FFB motors which may exaggerate the problem.

As far as I can tell, that oscillation you talk about should not be present. It doesn't happen in real life, and it no longer happens after I hoop jumped and did a lot of bizarre things. Now, even 145 in a race car (which used to cause serious wheel oscillation) I get only the road camber, bumps, engine torque etc and that's it.

I hated the fact that I couldn't take my hands off the wheel (at any time) without this ridiculous wheel bounce... Now I can take them off at high speed, right down to completely stationary without ANY oscillation at all! (Unwarranted- ie. Unless I'm running on camber, swinging the car about, driving on rumble strips etc... You know, if Its expected, it's there, but ALL unexpected and unexplainable oscillation is now gone and my God does this game feel incredible and fun) :)

The game feels completely different. I just ran a the vision mini on the ring and it was great fun. Catching slides, fighting the forces of the track and the car.. letting go on the straights just for a laugh and having no stupid wheel bounce issue and even after a crash it 2, left the car static and let go of the wheel and had absolute perfect FFB. Just bumps, camber etc but no more embarrassing bouncy wheel effect (left right) i tried loads of weird fixes and finally it all paid off.

If you have an issue post it and we should try and fix it to see if it works, if not for anything else but a laugh :)

Last edited:
I was a little bummed with the paint wing option in that I couldn't use the blue/white stripes colour on my Viper. I apologise I do not remember which Viper but its the very recent SRT model. I got a blue that almost matches so it does look good anyway. Then took it for a spin around Mid-Field which was fun and looked fantastic. But when driving in the shadows under the Tyre on the main straight in the behind car view the wing went black like it was before it was painted and then went back to the custom colour when I had driven out of the shadows. Bit odd.

Last edited:
HCK
As far as I can tell, that oscillation you talk about should not be present. It doesn't happen in real life, and it no longer happens after I hoop jumped and did a lot of bizarre things. Now, even 145 in a race car (which used to cause serious wheel oscillation) I get only the road camber, bumps, engine torque etc and that's it.

I hated the fact that I couldn't take my hands off the wheel (at any time) without this ridiculous wheel bounce... Now I can take them off at high speed, right down to completely stationary without ANY oscillation at all! (Unwarranted- ie. Unless I'm running on camber, swinging the car about, driving on rumble strips etc... You know, if Its expected, it's there, but ALL unexpected and unexplainable oscillation is now gone and my God does this game feel incredible and fun) :)

The game feels completely different. I just ran a the vision mini on the ring and it was great fun. Catching slides, fighting the forces of the track and the car.. letting go on the straights just for a laugh and having no stupid wheel bounce issue and even after a crash it 2, left the car static and let go of the wheel and had absolute perfect FFB. Just bumps, camber etc but no more embarrassing bouncy wheel effect (left right) i tried loads of weird fixes and finally it all paid off.

If you have an issue post it and we should try and fix it to see if it works, if not for anything else but a laugh :)

I don't have any issues with my G27, but I'm always looking for ways to improve my experience which is why I hooked on to your comment. It's usually about FFB clipping here with a Logitech wheel! Did you have osc issues in normal driving? If so, I imagine it's down to you using a physically strong FFB wheel with old Logitech drivers. GT needs some more FFB options to cater and account for all hardware.

Honestly, this update illustrates much of what is currently wrong with Gran Turismo.

GT6 B-spec is more like guided A-spec. It's not anything like I wanted. No endurance races and no shared driving responsibilities. With no separate career/events and no Bob driver roster/development, B-spec is worthless except for doing the boring A-spec races that I skipped the first time through, or grinding credits. Lame.

Then there's the new (old) track. I haven't had a chance to drive it yet but it sounds great. Of course it's kind of hard to tell since there are no events for it. So I can drive around by myself or go into the skeletal arcade mode and not have a bunch of features from GT5.

But I can paint rear wings now. I guess that makes up for it?

My big issue with Gran Turismo is its lack of common direction and purpose. It is all over the place, with little bits of features and teases here and there at what could be, but apparently never will. The features are there for it to be a really fun game, but they are inexplicably locked out of most parts in a mind numbing demonstration of futility. I sincerely hope GT7 goes against this trend, but I see very little reason to believe it will.

My big issue with Gran Turismo is its lack of common direction and purpose. It is all over the place, with little bits of features and teases here and there at what could be, but apparently never will. The features are there for it to be a really fun game, but they are inexplicably locked out of most parts in a mind numbing demonstration of futility. I sincerely hope GT7 goes against this trend, but I see very little reason to believe it will.

Spot on.

My big issue with Gran Turismo is its lack of common direction and purpose. It is all over the place, with little bits of features and teases here and there at what could be, but apparently never will. The features are there for it to be a really fun game, but they are inexplicably locked out of most parts in a mind numbing demonstration of futility.

That sums up nicely how I feel about most aspects & features of Gran Turismo.

👍

I dont know if its new but i recognized that in midfield you have a second between times Set at 18:30 and 14:00 oclock. I think its because of the tracktemperature?

I love 1.16! The cars feel better and its so much fun to drive Now. Also midfield track is so cool!

Now iam Looking forward to the coursemaker with gps Feature :)

Don't get your hopes up. Odds are it will be watered down and severely limited if GT6 ever sees it in the first place.

I think PD's ambitions are somewhat beyond the capabilities of the PS3. I'm just glad that Kazunoni has that ambition, and I cut him some slack when he falls short. They could probably just dump the GT5 course maker code into GT6 but I think they have something more impressive in mind. Time will tell, and we'll just have to wait as usual.

They could probably just dump the GT5 course maker code into GT6 but I think they have something more impressive in mind. Time will tell, and we'll just have to wait as usual.

If we end up getting the GT5 course maker v2 after 15+ months of waiting for it, I imagine a lot of people will be calling for blood. It'd be a good way of making sure a whole bunch of people never buy a Gran Turismo game again.

I'm suprised I like the Mid-Field track as much as I do :) Did a ~40 lap stint in a online lobby and wanted to keep going but the owner left and the new owner took the opportunity to change everything (ending my run) so I left..

Also I'm actually using the paintable wing feature, which I thought would be pointless, but I spend a lot of credits today painting :) Just a shame it doesn't work on the base model cars and also the cars that have specific custom wings. It works on the 'general' custom wings, but not on the model specific wings :(

B-spec is quite different from what I expected, as I thought it would be an evolution of the GT5 version, but clearly goes in a different direction. They said somewhere it would be 'like driving an RC car' well, that's clearly not the case, it's more like driving a slot car :) It's still not really my cup of tea, but it's nice to have 'b-spec bob' at hand to do the races I find too difficult or don't want to do and still have some control over it.

The Mini VGT is pretty nice, only none of the available color options are really to my liking, so hopefully they'll 'unlock' it to allow custom paint some day :)

Overall I'm pretty happy with this update but also looking forward to the March update for the Alpine VGT and hopefully more new features:)

If we end up getting the GT5 course maker v2 after 15+ months of waiting for it, I imagine a lot of people will be calling for blood. It'd be a good way of making sure a whole bunch of people never buy a Gran Turismo game again.

Exactly, and that's why I think that the course maker that Kaz had in his hands many months ago must be way beyond the GT5 edition. I just think that they're having trouble stuffing it into the PS3 with GT6 already pushing old hardware to it's very limits.

Exactly, and that's why I think that the course maker that Kaz had in his hands many months ago must be way beyond the GT5 edition. I just think that they're having trouble stuffing it into the PS3 with GT6 already pushing old hardware to it's very limits.

That's the story of the entire PS3 generation with Gran Turismo though. Great ideas that nobody took the time to consider whether they were actually feasible for the hardware available until it was too late.

Of course they're having trouble, because whatever efficiency gains they got in GT6 over GT5 they just dumped straight back into graphical bells and whistles. And it's a fantastic looking game, but you've gotta wonder if it would be better off looking like GT5 (which wasn't exactly ugly, most of the time) and using that extra power on ground-breaking features like the course maker.

It's not the fault of the hardware, it's Polyphony not planning ahead and leaving themselves enough room for what they needed the course maker to be. While PD's intended course maker may indeed be way beyond the GT5 version, whether they'll ever get it running alongside the rest of GT6 is another question entirely. If it was easy, they'd have done it by now. Kaz announced it in beta at the end of June last year, 8 months ago.

I've got to assume at this point that there's a real possibility that they simply can't manage to do exactly what they want, and so maybe they're looking to see what they can cut to get it functional and still have it be what they've already said it would be.

Back