1.16 General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 226 comments
That's the story of the entire PS3 generation with Gran Turismo though. Great ideas that nobody took the time to consider whether they were actually feasible for the hardware available until it was too late.

Of course they're having trouble, because whatever efficiency gains they got in GT6 over GT5 they just dumped straight back into graphical bells and whistles. And it's a fantastic looking game, but you've gotta wonder if it would be better off looking like GT5 (which wasn't exactly ugly, most of the time) and using that extra power on ground-breaking features like the course maker.

It's not the fault of the hardware, it's Polyphony not planning ahead and leaving themselves enough room for what they needed the course maker to be. While PD's intended course maker may indeed be way beyond the GT5 version, whether they'll ever get it running alongside the rest of GT6 is another question entirely. If it was easy, they'd have done it by now. Kaz announced it in beta at the end of June last year, 8 months ago.

I've got to assume at this point that there's a real possibility that they simply can't manage to do exactly what they want, and so maybe they're looking to see what they can cut to get it functional and still have it be what they've already said it would be.

I have no retort here. I pretty much agree with all of the above. (Damn you for being so reasonable!) How rare is that on teh internetz these days? :)

Last edited:
I have no retort here. I pretty much agree with all of the above. (Damn you for being so reasonable!) How rare is that on teh internetz these days? :)

That's the story of the entire PS3 generation with Gran Turismo though. Great ideas that nobody took the time to consider whether they were actually feasible for the hardware available until it was too late.

Of course they're having trouble, because whatever efficiency gains they got in GT6 over GT5 they just dumped straight back into graphical bells and whistles. And it's a fantastic looking game, but you've gotta wonder if it would be better off looking like GT5 (which wasn't exactly ugly, most of the time) and using that extra power on ground-breaking features like the course maker.

It's not the fault of the hardware, it's Polyphony not planning ahead and leaving themselves enough room for what they needed the course maker to be. While PD's intended course maker may indeed be way beyond the GT5 version, whether they'll ever get it running alongside the rest of GT6 is another question entirely. If it was easy, they'd have done it by now. Kaz announced it in beta at the end of June last year, 8 months ago.

I've got to assume at this point that there's a real possibility that they simply can't manage to do exactly what they want, and so maybe they're looking to see what they can cut to get it functional and still have it be what they've already said it would be.

The hardware has a part to play, Polyphony also have a lot more to implement than just the course maker, and of course they plan ahead. Upgrades and cars, tracks don't materialize by themsleves.

But if problems within the technology arise..then what?

How much room do Polyphony have with such a small company?

They move at a slower pace while Sony marketing judges the competition and when to implement major features for Gran Turismo.

For instance.... Project cars releases April 2015. Polyphony releases course maker April 2015 for GT6 by direction through Sony maketing.

I'm sure if thing's were perfect, people would deem it so.

Came back to The game after 2 months of pkaying to death Driveclub on PS4... Midfield looks awesome until The tearing start attacking :(, I felt weird The DS3 after playing with DS4, in before, GT6 sounds were ok to me compared to Forza, now they sound terrible compared with DC.

Mini VGT handles awesome, concern is that doesn't look that innovative specially after seeing crazy thinks as The Chaparral, Mazda and Alpine

Custum wings painting is very límited :(

The hardware has a part to play, Polyphony also have a lot more to implement than just the course maker, and of course they plan ahead. Upgrades and cars, tracks don't materialize by themsleves.

But if problems within the technology arise..then what?

How much room do Polyphony have with such a small company?

They move at a slower pace while Sony marketing judges the competition and when to implement major features for Gran Turismo.

For instance.... Project cars releases April 2015. Polyphony releases course maker April 2015 for GT6 by direction through Sony maketing.

I'm sure if thing's were perfect, people would deem it so.
The hardware has been a known quantity for 10 years. If PD chooses to constantly operate at the limits of the hardware then that's on them, not the hardware. We are free to praise them for the graphical successes they have had as a result, but also free to lament the poor gameplay and shortcomings whose development has surely taken a backseat to those same beautiful graphics.

Project Cars is not being released by Sony, Bandai Namco is the distributor and SMS is the independent publisher. I can't see how the timing of the release of the Course Maker or Project Cars makes any difference to either party, especially given that PCars is an entire game, and Course Maker is just a single feature on a different and dying console on a dying game.

The hardware has been a known quantity for 10 years. If PD chooses to constantly operate at the limits of the hardware then that's on them, not the hardware. We are free to praise them for the graphical successes they have had as a result, but also free to lament the poor gameplay and shortcomings whose development has surely taken a backseat to those same beautiful graphics.

Project Cars is not being released by Sony, Bandai Namco is the distributor and SMS is the independent publisher. I can't see how the timing of the release of the Course Maker or Project Cars makes any difference to either party, especially given that PCars is an entire game, and Course Maker is just a single feature on a different and dying console on a dying game.

I'll take dying console. Mine wheezes like an emphysemic old geezer, but dying game? Really?

I'll take dying console. Mine wheezes like an emphysemic old geezer, but dying game? Really?
Everything in context. Look at the post I replied to. Do you think anyone releasing a brand new game on a completely different platform would be affected in any way by the release of a new feature, in a 16 month old game, on a last-gen console? Relative to Project Cars, GT6 is a dying game approaching the end of it's life cycle with miniscule sales, and the release of the CM will have zero effect on it's sales, and release of Project Cars will have zero effect on the timing of the release of the Course Maker for that matter. It works both ways.

Everything in context. Look at the post I replied to. Do you think anyone releasing a brand new game on a completely different platform would be affected in any way by the release of a new feature, in a 16 month old game, on a last-gen console? Relative to Project Cars, GT6 is a dying game approaching the end of it's life cycle with miniscule sales, and the release of the CM will have zero effect on it's sales, and release of Project Cars will have zero effect on the timing of the release of the Course Maker for that matter. It works both ways.

If you're talking about sales then that would have applied over a year ago, but as a franchise I think it's pretty strong. PD are clearly still working on their dead game and I still have some hopes for what it will become in time, all of which will hopefully be rolled forward into GT7. In the meantime we will have pCARS, but I can't see myself ditching GT anytime soon.
ETA I did get the wrong end of the stick re: your original post. It's been a long weekend! ;) ps. when I went looking for a tribute to Leonard I found that Canadians are Spocking $5s! Cool..

Last edited:
HCK
Yea my torque and sensitivity settings are somewhere between 1 and 10 DEPENDING ON THE CAR?
I'm 6/6/10 (order as it appears on settings menu)
Working all cars well with G27.

Remembering some crazy oscillations when tried with CSW if centering spring was activated, after turning it off there was zero problems with oscillation.

Dying game? And yet here we all are 16 months later still discussing it on a daily basis, playing the thing most days. There aren't too many games that have that sort of pull 6 months into their lives let alone 16.

I never understood certain people's seeming obsession with trash talking gt6, especially one's that claim other games (they supposedly own) are leaving it behind. And then I never understood why people feel the need to respond or defend gt6.

Its known gt6 has faults, but every day its the same lot repeating over and over the same arguments. You dont have to be a fanboy if you like gt6. And you don't have to be a detractor of its faults everyday, either. Every thread turns into the same cesspool. Fanboys and haters alike, nothing is perfect about gt6, and not everything is wrong with gt6. Why do we need these school yard quarrels in every discussion? Lets talk about 1.16!

So uh... Hey, I painted my rear wing the same color as my brake calipers today. Looks great :lol:

i like it haha My old d1 sil80 drafted over into Gt :) color wings yay
10991526_10103469983711678_8694927918064887408_o.jpg

I never understood certain people's seeming obsession with trash talking gt6, especially one's that claim other games (they supposedly own) are leaving it behind. And then I never understood why people feel the need to respond or defend gt6.

Its known gt6 has faults, but every day its the same lot repeating over and over the same arguments. You dont have to be a fanboy if you like gt6. And you don't have to be a detractor of its faults everyday, either. Every thread turns into the same cesspool. Fanboys and haters alike, nothing is perfect about gt6, and not everything is wrong with gt6. Why do we need these school yard quarrels in every discussion? Lets talk about 1.16!

So uh... Hey, I painted my rear wing the same color as my brake calipers today. Looks great :lol:

LOL it's true.

I ain't been around for a while and after seeing comments saying this and that, I was on it.
Normally I enjoy reading the tidbits to help me improve my game just like your offering.
That's proper info. I did try to avoid the flack from the broadside but one can only take so much.

Fanboy? Never looked at that. Been coming to GTP for years, a lot of games in these forums I have played, so it's a great place for resource.

Yeah, there are lot of ying/yang post's all bordering on dementia yet GTP is the place to cure there forgotten days of having fun playing a game that the game contains, with all it's contents or lack thereof. You can browse the forums searching for content to enhance your gameplay but rather they employ comments to condemn an upgrade.

Everything was bigger when we were kids :D

This. I remember walking into my old Elementary school a few years back where I remember everything being bigger than life. I walked into the restroom to pee, took one look at the urinals, that were so short I'd have to get on my knees to even pee in, and just kinda laughed to myself. :lol: Everything in general in that school just felt so much bigger back then, now I'm the one that feels larger than life there. :odd:

Back