1.24 Hrs of Daytona - BMW M3 GT Spec - BEING UPGRADED TO 4 WEEK SERIESFinished 

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 218 comments
United States
Indianapolis
BrandonW77
1.24 Hours of Daytona Logo_v2a.png

THIS HAS BEEN UPGRADED TO A FULL 4 WEEK POINTS SERIES.
LINK: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/tune-free-racing-cup-bmw-gt-spec-challenge.301952/

Inspired by the upcoming 52nd running of the Rolex 24 at Daytona I will be hosting a 1.24 hour race at Daytona Road Course featuring the endurance spec BMW M3 GT race cars. The car selection will consist of three race cars, the E92 M3 (BMW Motorsport) '10, M3 GT (BMW Motorsport) '11 and the M3 GT2 Base Model '11, all in stock form (no tuning) at 577pp on Sports Soft tires. The cars run identical lap times and drivers are free to choose whichever car they want, however I do hope we will have a nice variety on the grid and not everyone picking the same car so please review the registration list and try to pick one of the least selected models.
NOTE: You must first purchase or do an arcade mode race with the M3 GT '11 before the M3 GT2 Base Model '11 appears in the dealership.

Cars Montage_v2.png

RACE FORMAT
The race will last 1.24 hours, or about 1 hour and 15 minutes, and will feature a full day-night-day cycle just as the original Rolex 24. We will have approx 25 minutes of daylight, 35 minutes of darkness and 15 minutes of daylight. We will use light damage and one pitstop will be necessary as you will run out of fuel around lap 30. Because standing starts on the banking will likely result in cars spinning out we are going to do one parade lap and have a rolling start. After the countdown ends everyone will pull away and stay in order cruising at 80mph. Do not weave around and do not overtake during the parade lap. The race will go green when the leaders cross the start/finish line (all drivers can accelerate when the leaders cross the line). All drivers will be expected to adhere to the GTP Online Racing Rules & Regulations as well as the Golden Rule of online racing which says if you cause someone to wreck you will slow and give them their position back. This is for clean racers and not a demolition derby.

NOTE TO ALL DRIVERS: When exiting the pits please use the access road and enter the track after the turn 1/2 complex. DO NOT exit straight into turn 1.

RACE SCHEDULE
The race will be on Saturday, January 18th at 3pm EST (GMT-5) in a Friends Only room so you must send a Friend Request on PSN to BrandonW77 in order to attend.
I will open the room around 2pm EST for free practice, we will do about 20 minutes of night practice and 20 minutes of day practice so everyone can adapt to the differing scenarios. At 3pm EST we will begin the qualifier which will last 10 minutes so everyone should get at least 4-5 flying laps. We will utilize the "race alone" feature (other cars will be invisible) so we all get clean laps with no traffic issues.

There will be an open practice/test session on Saturday, January 4th at 3pm EST in a Friends Only room.
Qualifier: Yes
Qualifier Setting: Race Alone
Race Length: 41 laps/~1 Hour 15 Minutes
Number of Drivers: 14 max
Damage: Light
Visual Damage: Off
Penalties: Off
Slipstream: Real
Grip: Real
Tire/Fuel Wear: Normal
Boost: Off
Aids: Disabled except for ABS
Tuning: Prohibited (you can adjust brake bias)
Tires: Sports Soft
Pitstops: Not mandatory but one will be necessary for fuel as one tank only lasts 30 laps.
Weather: Off
Time Cycle: In-game start time 08:00, 24 progression

Last edited:
BMW Daytona Montage_v2.png

RACE REGISTRATION

To register for the race please copy/paste the form below and complete it with your information. Again, drivers are free to choose any of the three cars they like but I ask that we try for a nice variety of them on the grid. Any and all GTP racers are welcome to attend but will be limited to the first 15 drivers who register. If we get 15 signed up we can add 2 or 3 reserve drivers to the list in case somebody can't make it or doesn't show. If there are still spots available in the room at 2:50pm EST I will post here that reserve drivers can join.

GTP ID: / PSN ID: / Car Choice:

REGISTERED DRIVERS
1. BrandonW77 / BrandonW77 / E92 M3 '10
2. dsgerbc / dsgerbc /M3 GT2 Base Model '11
3. cleuton_live / cleuton_live / GT2 Base Model '11
4. Johnnypenso/ Johnnypenso / M3 GT2 Base Model '11
5. Torzilla/ Torzilla/ M3 GT '11
6. SagarisGTB / SagarisGTB / GT2 Base Model '11
7. racefan88/racefan8850 / M3 GT2 Base model '11
8. RunN1st / LuckyFellaJr / M3 GT2 Base model '11
9. OwensRacing / OwensRacing / GT2 Base Model '11
10. RDAardvark / RDAardvark/ M3 GT2 Base Model '11
11. Acedition333 / Acedition333 / M3 GT2 Base Model '11
12. GTP_DeadKun / d3adn0iser /GT2 Base Model '11
13. Marcus Garvey/Marcus__Garvey/M3 GT '11
14. DavidIzq / David_Lotus / TBA
15. MikaelK / PSN ID: MikaelK_70 / E92 M3 '10
16. deltarider209 / deltarider209/M3 GT2 Base Model '11

Reserve Drivers:
1. JoeTruckV8
/ JoeTruckV8

Last edited:
Double check your date there guy, the 28th is a Tuesday not a Saturday.

If you have it on Saturday 1/26 I won't be able to attend due to work.

Last edited:
Or that... :dunce:

I guess I should have just looked at the title first instead of reading the first post... I'm sure the 18th is probably the correct date.

Naptown25rs / Naptown25rs / M3 GT2 Base Model '11

Last edited:
Johnnypenso/ Johnnypenso /GT2 Base Model '11

Some shade of orange most likely.

Jackwagon / Kanvass / GT2 Base Model '11 - In black/green, most likely.

I'd like to give it a shot. Will definitely be practicing that infield bit.

Jackwagon / Kanvass / GT2 Base Model '11 - In black/green, most likely.

I'd like to give it a shot. Will definitely be practicing that infield bit.

👍 This track is a lot more enjoyable in GT6, turn 1 was such a frightening experience in GT5 but it's manageable and even enjoyable with the new physics/tire model. With time-change it's breath-taking, I've probably done ~200 laps around it over the last week or so and immensely enjoyed every one of them.

Looks like the field is mostly Base Models so far, I hope you guys at least come up with some interesting paint schemes!! Naptown's is lovely.

Thanks! What kind of times should I be shooting for?

If you're between 1:48 and 1:55 you should fit squarely into the pack. I think the average of the group will be around 1:50-1:51. 👍

I'm in but need to test the cars.

RunN1st / LuckyFellaJr / TBD

Welcome. As far as my testing could determine the cars all drive the same and run identical lap times, I think the only real difference is the stickers. Hoping you'll choose one that isn't the base model, just so we can have a photogenic grid. I'd like to have a nice variety of the 3 cars in the field just so the post-race photos look a little less plain. But you're free to choose whichever one you want. At least if the grid is mostly base models they'll all be painted differently which is just as good. 👍

I'm in. I'll probably drive the E92 M3 '10.
Sweet! The others will be jealous of our (slightly) yellow headlights. :sly:

This is shaping up to be a race! I have at least 2 others that will be signing up at some point so it looks like we should have a decent grid. Hope we can get at least a half dozen or so on track this weekend for some practice racing.

Sweet! The others will be jealous of our (slightly) yellow headlights. :sly:

This is shaping up to be a race! I have at least 2 others that will be signing up at some point so it looks like we should have a decent grid. Hope we can get at least a half dozen or so on track this weekend for some practice racing.

Maybe a friend of mine would like to participate, I'll ask him in a moment.

I'm also going to go with M3 GT2 Base Model '11 / matte grey body / white rims / #99

BTW: My car is showing 569PP... will an oil change, if purchased new, bump it to 577PP?

Last edited:
BTW: My car is showing 569PP... will an oil change, if purchased new, bump it to 577PP?

Oil change should put you where you need to be. And no need to "break-in" cars anymore in GT6, just change the oil and you're good to go. 👍

EDIT: Just a reminder to everyone, if I'm not already on your PSN friends list send me a FR so you will be able to see my rooms. I may hold several impromptu practice sessions over the next week, if you see me with a Daytona Testing room open feel free to join up.

Put me down for reserve spot for now. I'm sure I'll be available but with a baby it can be difficult for me.

Acedition333 / Acedition333 / M3 GT2 Base Model '11 #34

Back