1/4 Drag: The Car Classes

• Thread starter DLR
  • 416 comments
Great thread, the car classes are a great idea. I hope to see you add more cars and fine tune the list. :tup

Screwed with my settings last night on my Charger 440 R/T, stil not hte best launch but I destroyed a Cobra =P.

SLS McLaren needs to go into class 2, and Mazda Furai in class 5.

SLS McLaren needs to go into class 2, and Mazda Furai in class 5.

Saw SLS McLarens before but never to rival the cars in class 2. Furai is an epic car, will add it soon.

Zonda 7.3 is a Beast! It makes around 950-960HP and has massive acceleration, Its also Incredibly Lightweight

Amazing acceleration is right but not the best launch due to that low weight. This is why it ended up in class 3.

Added Nascar. Slow launch but can have a trap of 150...

Would you be able to add an average 1/4 mile speed and time for each class? I'm not sure if that infomation is important as some cars will be slow off the line then build up speed fast and others the opposite, but I would like to see it added to make your list more in-depth.

Hard to get the accurate times (I hit pause at the same point on the track) but here are average times for some of my tuned cars at Top Gear. 1st time is a cone on the left near the middle of the runway (similar distance to Indy) and the 2nd is wall to wall.

Veyron - 8.9 - 15.5
Viper ACR - 9.4 - 16.3
Viper GTS 02 - 10.1 – 17.35
Speed 12 – 10.0 – 16.7
Viper GTS Concept - 9.5 – 17.0
RS6 – 10.1 – 17.6
Enzo – 9.6 – 16.35
Le Mains – 9.5 – 16.6
No Stripe – 9.6 – 16.5

This is offline with all aids off and auto trans (for accuracy). Obviously this is all relative (lots of different tunes out there) but if everyone posts times it would give a nice average :)

...I think all nascars are the same Peter

Which one?

All of them are the same :)

Would you be able to add an average 1/4 mile speed and time for each class? I'm not sure if that infomation is important as some cars will be slow off the line then build up speed fast and others the opposite, but I would like to see it added to make your list more in-depth.

Time would be a bit hard as sometimes only milliseconds separate cars. But I should do the trap speeds for these cars. Good idea 👍

The speeds would be great, but I think times are more important. As you know final speed depends on wheelspin and torque etc… for example my enzo and viper acr are quite close on times but 5/10 mph (indy) and 10/15 mph different at top gear. The enzo takes a little longer on the short course, but is actually travelling faster over the line.

The reason I chose top gear is the quick turnaround… you almost start at the wall in practise mode, but if someone has a better place we could get a good idea of times. I launch at the clock change and pause at the required point… it’s surprisingly accurate if you launch at the same time each go.

The speeds would be great, but I think times are more important. As you know final speed depends on wheelspin and torque etc… for example my enzo and viper acr are quite close on times but 5/10 mph (indy) and 10/15 mph different at top gear. The enzo takes a little longer on the short course, but is actually travelling faster over the line.

The reason I chose top gear is the quick turnaround… you almost start at the wall in practise mode, but if someone has a better place we could get a good idea of times. I launch at the clock change and pause at the required point… it’s surprisingly accurate if you launch at the same time each go.

Gunna get started with speed today. Hopefully I'll get through the first 4 classes :lol:

The list is all wrong. But whatever.

Here we go, another hater...

List is pretty good but can you put some more cars to the list. Is there R8 V10 and Skylines R33 and R32? I cant remember. :P

List is pretty good but can you put some more cars to the list. Is there R8 V10 and Skylines R33 and R32? I cant remember. :P

Yes there is, class 3 :)

Didn't add R33 or R32 tho

Does it mean both R8 V10 and V8? Someone should run those cars like 10 times and post avarage times?

Hard to get the accurate times (I hit pause at the same point on the track) but here are average times for some of my tuned cars at Top Gear. 1st time is a cone on the left near the middle of the runway (similar distance to Indy) and the 2nd is wall to wall.

Veyron - 8.9 - 15.5
Viper ACR - 9.4 - 16.3
Viper GTS 02 - 10.1 – 17.35
Speed 12 – 10.0 – 16.7
Viper GTS Concept - 9.5 – 17.0
RS6 – 10.1 – 17.6
Enzo – 9.6 – 16.35
Le Mains – 9.5 – 16.6
No Stripe – 9.6 – 16.5

This is offline with all aids off and auto trans (for accuracy). Obviously this is all relative (lots of different tunes out there) but if everyone posts times it would give a nice average :)

...I think all nascars are the same Peter

Those times are way off. I can easily get 8.5 with an ACR, and 9.4 with a Challenger R/T.

@ DaLightnin

With the SLS being 915hp + I think with some, proper tuning in order it should be able to keep up with some of those cars in class 2.

Those times are way off. I can easily get 8.5 with an ACR, and 9.4 with a Challenger R/T.

I would guess you’re not testing to the cone on the left at Top Gear as you haven’t posted wall to wall times… are you at Indy?

I’m happy to retest, but it’s a hassle to drive each car round to the start at Indy. What about Fuji… short drive to the start and it’s clearly marked… might even be closer to a ¼ mile.

Last edited:
I would guess you’re not testing to the cone on the left at Top Gear as you haven’t posted wall to wall times… are you at Indy? We would need to agree start/finish etc… before or after the markings and to the shadow etc.

I’m happy to retest, but it’s a hassle to drive each car round to the start at Indy. What about Fuji… short drive to the start and it’s clearly marked… might even be closer to a ¼ mile.

Ya I do test at Indy, those seem more realistic at Top Gear (I used to drag there). And yes, to the shadow.

I've never tried Fuji, but it could work.

Ya I do test at Indy, those seem more realistic at Top Gear (I used to drag there). And yes, to the shadow.

I've never tried Fuji, but it could work.

It’s a short drive at Fuji and it’s clearly marked. If we can get a general consensus of track and regs I’m happy to retest :)

No they aren't!

I thought they were the same… which ones are different/faster?

Fuji start/finish:

fuji.jpg

Back