[1.9.1] GT5 Master Mod

• Thread starter Nenkai
  • 367 comments
Sorry for being dense. Just to make sure that I understand what you mean:
  • logging into PSN and earning trophies while playing a vanilla game on a modded ps3 would be fine
  • the GT5 Master Mod does not support earning trophies
  • the GT5 Master Mod does not support logging into PSN

Could you please clarify which or these you meant or whether I completely misunderstood? Thank you!
Ah I misunderstood, my bad, for a second I thought you meant the online-only trophies.
It'll work fine, but I don't recommend going online with a modded console anyway.

Sup, y'all! I see the description says 42 additional tracks have been added. I'm not seeing them in the game by default. Do I need to download these and place files in a folder? Or is there a setting or unlocking procedure to have access to all of them?

Sup, y'all! I see the description says 42 additional tracks have been added. I'm not seeing them in the game by default. Do I need to download these and place files in a folder? Or is there a setting or unlocking procedure to have access to all of them?
Are you playing on emulator or native hardware? If you're playing on emulator you need to download the mod and drag the files to a specific spot.

Hey guys, I have the mod downloaded on my ps3 and its great and all (thank you dude) but I'm noticing in arcade (possibly due to more ai?) The game is a bit more framey and jittery than before. I was able to get over this for a bit but it's just too poor of performance and it's bothering me now, I can't really play arcade now. I noticed Time trial plays great with no jitters at all!

I've followed directions on install, tried 720 resolution, image quality to no avail.

PS any way that split screen could get the same love as single player arcade? I still have friends come over and play split screen with me.

Last edited:
Hello. Fantastic mod. Finally got this working on my PS3. I have one issue and am wondering if there is a solution on my side. Whenever I load up Smokey Mountain there are severe graphical issues. Purple/Pink blocks and a see through track. Sadly, this was one of the main maps I was hoping to be working as we still play it on GT3 to this day. There is only 1 youtube video I could find of someone else playing this map and they have the same issue. Any ideas? corrupt map files? Help?

Link to video with graphical issue:

Last edited:
Hello. Fantastic mod. Finally got this working on my PS3. I have one issue and am wondering if there is a solution on my side. Whenever I load up Smokey Mountain there are severe graphical issues. Purple/Pink blocks and a see through track. Sadly, this was one of the main maps I was hoping to be working as we still play it on GT3 to this day. There is only 1 youtube video I could find of someone else playing this map and they have the same issue. Any ideas? corrupt map files? Help?

Link to video with graphical issue:

That's just how the track is in GT5 at this point, some of the textures are missing/broken on some of the PS2 tracks and Smokey Mountain is one of the ones affected.

HI! Just had to make an account when I seen this, been playing through GT5 again and decided to check if there were any mods for it, and this looks just fantastic! Had no idea there was a modding scene for this.

Do you know when the new events will be re-added? Would love to try them, vanilla GT5 felt pretty short compared to previous games in the series, and im hoping there are more endurance races in there somewhere, having two timed events for both Tsukuba (4 hours AND THEN 9 hours on a super short circuit) and Nurburgring (should have just been 24 hours, dont need the 4 hours too) was always dissapointing to me - 9 events with 2 duplicated tracks seems odd, especially with all 4 of them being timed

Anyway so happy I found this, can't wait to try it

HI! Just had to make an account when I seen this, been playing through GT5 again and decided to check if there were any mods for it, and this looks just fantastic! Had no idea there was a modding scene for this.

Do you know when the new events will be re-added? Would love to try them, vanilla GT5 felt pretty short compared to previous games in the series, and im hoping there are more endurance races in there somewhere, having two timed events for both Tsukuba (4 hours AND THEN 9 hours on a super short circuit) and Nurburgring (should have just been 24 hours, dont need the 4 hours too) was always dissapointing to me - 9 events with 2 duplicated tracks seems odd, especially with all 4 of them being timed

Anyway so happy I found this, can't wait to try it
Not sure when they will be. I haven't touched GT5 for a while as I deal with the older games.

Those events were cut but also not functional as is, they require some work.

"Patches need to be installed one by one until 2.11. You can NOT directly install 2.11."
from 10.5 or from 2.07 (the version i have)
And does it work on a existing save files ? i have already 50H of play :c
(i least i just want DLC cars be byuable)

Okay so who is responsible for adding this into GT5? Come on, own up. :lol:

AB83F470-6960-4B4E-AF01-36DCC6F40D82.jpeg

rpcs3 here: downloaded the mod, game now crashes 2-3 minutes after starting up without fail... have installed 2.11 and all previous patches so no clue what is happening. please help ):

What does the log say? That behavior is sorta strange; if you somehow did it wrong I would expect it to blow up immediately
Reset settings, retransfer files for the right region.

okay, it stopped crashing, but now instead after ~5 minutes of gameplay the screen freezes completely, but the game still plays (i can hear all of the sounds, and buttons are still 100% responsive)

log from the entire 5 minute session is attached

Attachments

• log_rpcs3_1.txt
    35.8 KB · Views: 10
I'm having issue with loading it properly as when i open it on my ps3 it shows the master mod logo and cuts to black and loads nothing, Do you know why this is?

You may have heard of me in a few threads here or in other places - I've created tools to view and edit the game. This mod is a result of all the research that has been made towards the game compiled into one.

This mod adds several features to the game - mainly hidden ones and trust me, there are a lot. A lot of these features were used by Polyphony Digital to help developing the game.

1. LAN Mod
This is based off the original LAN Mod made by Razerman. A couple fixes and improvements were made:
  • Chat logs now display properly when activating "Online Lounge Demo" in Secret Settings (which allows names to appear properly to others).
  • 3 new car set restrictions were added. (Could not add more, the game doesn't load them properly for some reason.)
  • The original LAN Mod broke the regular Rome track. This is fixed.
  • The original LAN Mod broke Course Maker and GT TV. These options are now accessible again.
  • More cars are available in the Arcade Section, which also appears in Recommended and people can use without owning them. Also means that you can do more specific One-Make races.
  • Shuffle now goes from 240 PP to 1000 instead of the original 300 to 500. The upper PP ranges car list was imported from GTPSP's Shuffle list.
  • Added three new car categories regulations - Tuned Car Class, Historic Cars (20 mil race cars), and Schwardzwald League B.
  • Time to finish minimum can now be changed down to 10 seconds instead of 20.
  • Now possible to use Karts and F1's without the one make restriction.
Gran_Turismo_5_11.png

2. Added PS2 Tracks
The game has nearly all of the PS2 era tracks. 42 of them are included in this mod.
List:

3. Restored Cut A-Spec Events
Note: Removed for the time being - needs some polishing.

Roughly 15 of them. Unfortunately game progress does not work for them (hardcoded).
Custom car rewards have been added for them (will require a fresh save).
<Picture Soon>

4. QA Menu
Allows you to easily edit your save ingame, unlock DLCs directly, used by testers during development.
Pressing SELECT on the main menu.
Gran_Turismo_5.png

Gran_Turismo_5_1.png

4. Any Car in Photo Travel
A bypass rather than hidden feature. You can use standard cars in Photo Travel.
Gran_Turismo_5_2.png

5. Race Editor
Used by Polyphony Digital to create game events, most notably licenses. You can use it to save events as an XML file to either the hard drive or an USB.
(Events are located at textdata/gt5 if you want to make custom events.)
Gran_Turismo_5_3.png

6. Extra Course Maker Settings
Presumably used during development to make events for the GT Tour.
You can set the track length, and type of track. Yes you can now make Point-To-Point tracks. You can also drive your current GT Mode car during testing.
Gran_Turismo_5_4.png

7. Painting Any Type of Car & Wheels
Also a bypass. Does not apply the color on all cars, rather unpredictable.
Gran_Turismo_5_5.png

8. Special Settings
Now without save editing required.
Gran_Turismo_5_6.png

9. All Cars in Dealership
Prices are balanced (aka more expensive), so the Used Car Dealership is still relevant.
Gran_Turismo_5_1.png

10. Offline Credit/XP/Presents Login Presents Reimplemented
Should balance the game a bit more.
Gran_Turismo_5.png

11. Added Scrapped Cars Entirely
Cars that were easy to re-add from older GT5 versions/builds were added to the game. (Attached image: Polyphony Digital X1)
Gran_Turismo_5.png

12. Debug Camera in Photo Walk Mode (Replays)
Gran_Turismo_5_3.png

And a lot more:

Full Feature List

Changelog

[1.9.0] 13/06/2023
Wow it sure has been a hot while since I modded instead of doing research/reverse-engineering/writing tools.
This is the first release of the mod that incorporates recompiled game code (arcade & main menu). It will also
expand to gtmode in the future, this is just a small update to test the waters.

Recompiled game code may cause issues - make a mention if this is the case

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks to ddm for the following arcade mode improvements!
* Filters (manufacturer, drivetrain, special categories)
* All Cars tab in car selection
* Power, Torque, Weight shown are always data values instead of display values
* Standard (aka PS2) courses can be shown/hidden from course select by pressing Triangle
* Master arcade difficulty
* SELECT shows/hides filters for arcade car select

Main Menu:
* Update main menu notice & year.
* Added credits screen.
* Main menu target framerate has been raised to 60 (vanilla locked to 30 - RPCS3 users with decent enough hardware can reach this target framerate.).
* The DLC menu is now accessible offline and can be used to install paid DLCs without entitlement.
* Added cut Red Bull Charity DLC packs.
* All previously unavailable buttons (Online Lounge, GPS Replay) are now available as-is.
* The debug menu can now be used to set money to 0.
* Added prompts to certain debug menu options.
* Fixed a bug with the vanilla debug menu which would reset units.
* Fixed a bug with the vanilla debug menu where the cursor was invisible.

Misc:
* Fixed an oversight where the tuning shop had options that did not function.

[1.8.1] 24/12/2021
* Updated discord invite link.
* Updated main menu year to 2022.
* Made debug camera optional. Apply the Debug Cam Addon PDIPFS AFTER the Master Mod.

<<<< Merry christmas! >>>>

[1.8.0] 25/07/2021
* Fixed many issues with PS2 tracks (invisible roads, props, etc) by forcing them to appear at all times.
Major credits to ddm for figuring it out.
Fixed tracks:
- Ice Arena
- Chamonix
- Smokey Mountain (Partial)
- Complex String
- Costa di Amalfi
- Hong Kong
* Added Sabine-Schmitz-Kurve to Nurburgring corner list.

Install & Download
Instructions are within each zipped file. No instructions on how to mod your console to use the mod are provided.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/6ye4yod7voapb/Gran+Turismo+5+Master+Mod+(2.11)

Credits

It's by crediting and acknowledging other individuals and effort that the modding community can advance!
If you have an interest in modding or would like to know more, feel free to join on the GT modding community discord!
-> https://nenkai.github.io/gt-modding-hub/

Credits list
- ddm - All Arcade Mode improvements
- Klitlika - Added cars to arcade and recommended, course list changes, UCD cars to dealership & restored & fixed cut events
- ddm - Work towards track vision files (VLS)
- Shy_Doge - Making the missing PS2 tracks maps and logos.
- Xenn - Additional fixes to certain ps2 tracks
- Jonny_0093 - PS2 tracks arcade previews, additional fixes to certain ps2 tracks
- Goongumps - Online Mode car category changes, shuffle list
- TheAdmiester - RM Suggestions
- Original creators of the LAN Mod.
- xFileFIN for the RT2 tool.
- Xenn for the Easter Egg, help with boost params.
- Paiky (GT Archive) & Dezent / Contributing and getting GT5 QA Build which allowed content to be ported over to GT5
- Content Creators / DoVe_7, DustinEden, Paiky/GT Archive, Gustingorriz, ThunderTHR, Grand Prix, R4BBIT G4MING, ...
- Gran Turismo Research Discord server.
- Gran Turismo Modding Community Discord server / https://discord.io/gtonline / https://nenkai.github.io/gt-modding-hub/
- You, for using this mod

Tools Used
https://github.com/Nenkai/GTToolsSharp - GT5/6 Volume Unpacking/Packing
https://github.com/Nenkai/GTAdhocParser/ - ADHoc Script disassembler
https://github.com/Nenkai/TXS3Converter/ - TXS3<->Standard Image
https://github.com/Razer2015/GT.RText - GT5/6 Localization String Editor
https://github.com/Nenkai/GT-SpecDB-Editor - GT5 SpecDB Editor
HxD - Hex Editing
Notepad++
I'm having issue with loading this on my own ps3 as it shows the logo when booting and then cuts to black after seeing the master mod logo, do you know why this is?

weird feature request: is it possible to enable head tracking via ps eye in GT mode? its only possible in arcade in base game

I don't understand what files I should look for on the PS3 for use GT Event Editor. I tried to put everything on the PC but nothing opens. I can't figure out how to open the files....

Last edited:
Okay, I wasn't sure what that option did. I'll try that next time. If you can point me to the GT5 save game editor (and possibly a tutorial) I'll see if I can get the Chrome Line and Stealth Model cars that way. And also the wheel and color sample cars.
Been meaning to comment on this for a while now, and I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I have a tutorial in my signature if you're still needing a means of acquiring the DLC. This one allows you to activate them via save editing, but I don't take credit for it though, Razerman was the one who figured it out, I just made the tutorial.

Did you ever get the DLC to work with the debug menu though? I tried it recently on a different installation and it wouldn't work for me after restarting the game. I think I ticked the box Nenkai mentioned and it still didn't work. (I may need to look again)
Okay so who is responsible for adding this into GT5? Come on, own up. :lol:

View attachment 1305739
What "car" is that by the way?
Some car image is missing in garage menu is this a known issue?
It's a common problem with GT5 itself. If you press triangle on, theirs an option to create a new thumbnail for whatever car you selected.

Last edited:
Anyone know can you use a fanatec csl DD on rpsc3 for this mod . Tried one option but cannot get it to work. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Will this mod ever remove some of the duplicate cars in the game that are just the exact same but with different regional names? Having a million slightly different Skyline variants is one thing but we don't need separately badged variants of the Eunos Roadster/MX-5/Miata (Just have the "native" name for whatever variant it is, like the Eunos Roadster if it's a Japanese market model, or Mitsubishi GTO if it's a Japanese market version of the GTO/3000GT).

Last edited:
I'm continuously freezing whenever I am in GT5 on RPCS3. I can still hear everything and an it registers my input. Maybe there are settings I don't have perfected but it seems odd that it all went smooth until I installed the mod, I also may have installed it incorrectly. I'm not sure if anyone else has had this issue and resolved it. Attached will be my logs from the moment after my game freezes.

Attachments

• GT5 mod freezes.txt
    5.3 KB · Views: 6
Is there a way to make the Stealth and Chrome Line cars (As well as the GameStop Camry and GT Academy special GT-R) properly buyable? I realize I could add them to my garage from the debug menu but I wondered if it was possible to make them properly purchaseable too.

Additionally, could there be a way to better denote the standard and premium cars in the dealership? DLC cars have a red corner on the thumbnail instead of the usual black so I was thinking standard cars could get a similar treatment. Otherwise it can be difficult to distinguish similar standard and premium models aside from visual fidelity. For instance, it confused me at first that there were two C6 Corvette ZR1s in the dealer until I realized one was a standard and can't be racing modified (I assume the standard one is a GT PSP remnant?).

Alright so I’m wondering if I can download this on my ps3, I’ve read most of the recent comments, people say modded ps3 but I’m not quite understanding what they mean. I have modded my game save with the gt5 garage editor but haven’t modded my ps3. I haven’t gotten banned either.

Latest Posts

Back