[1.9.1] GT5 Master Mod

• Thread starter Nenkai
  • 367 comments
@AgoustBolchz
Install & Download
Instructions are within each zipped file. No instructions on how to mod your console to use the mod are provided.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/6ye4yod7voapb/Gran+Turismo+5+Master+Mod+(2.11)

Tools Used
https://github.com/Nenkai/GTToolsSharp - GT5/6 Volume Unpacking/Packing
https://github.com/Nenkai/GTAdhocParser/ - ADHoc Script disassembler
https://github.com/Nenkai/TXS3Converter/ - TXS3<->Standard Image
https://github.com/Razer2015/GT.RText - GT5/6 Localization String Editor
https://github.com/Nenkai/GT-SpecDB-Editor - GT5 SpecDB Editor
HxD - Hex Editing
Notepad++

These are the links for the tools needed and instructions. As mentioned in the post, instructions are within the mods download zip file.

Even if you're playing GT5 normally (as I am) it shouldn't be possible to win them with the servers shut down. However, some people win them from time to time (that's the link I shared in my previous comment). My question is how.
Do you mean the trophies specifically for the online modes? If so I don't know - maybe something to do with the new servers? Other trophies don't need a connection to unlock though.

Hi guys, first time posting in here
I modded my ps3, installed gt5, installed required updated up to 2.11 and installed all the dlc's and installed the 1.8.1 mod but everytime i start the game after the mod logo, the game just boots me out and returns me to ps home screen. Did anyone encounter that and if yes, how did you fix it. Thank you

Hi guys, first time posting in here
I modded my ps3, installed gt5, installed required updated up to 2.11 and installed all the dlc's and installed the 1.8.1 mod but everytime i start the game after the mod logo, the game just boots me out and returns me to ps home screen. Did anyone encounter that and if yes, how did you fix it. Thank you
I think I got that with GT6 mod a couple times, not sure about 5, but I fixed it by deleting my save, or you can try booting the game from a different PS account which is even better because you keep your old save file If you want.

Downloaded GT5 XL version. So it is clean and all, i putted the correct US version od mastermod in the folder, overwritten the files, started the game (ofc i havent updated it to 2.17) and now it comes to the epilepsy warning thing and then it just crashes and boots me to the playstation menu. Any fixes?

i tried this but it was a glitchy mess so i removed it making sure i got rid of my garage but now for some reason the original game won't load up gt mode. any way to fix this?

Is there a way to make it run on 2.17? An if not, can you give me some sources on where to go to downgrade?
To downgrade you need to delete your game data and start reinstalling updates one by one until you reach 2.11. Make sure to back up your save file first.

Is there a way to make it run on 2.17?
No, it's made for 2.11. The read me I think goes into detail on why it's for that update too. Theirs not much point in being on 2.17 anyways.
An if not, can you give me some sources on where to go to downgrade?
While what Doomotron said works, theirs another way you can do this if you don't want to delete your replays, photos, and course maker tracks. If you have jailbreak, you can use a file browser (AUP prevents me from saying the name) and delete the PDIPFS folder and Param.SFO in the games installation folder. Been a while since I've done this again, but I think you have to put a PARAM.SFO from an earlier update in the folder to make the game think you're on GT5 1.0, which may require having to boot into the PS3's recovery menu to rebuild the database. (sometimes I didn't have to) Once it does though, from there, you can update the game like normal until you're on 2.11.

Again, this is if you want to downgrade without losing your replays, photos and course maker tracks you made. If not, you're probably better off following what Doomotron said.

Last edited:
No, it's made for 2.11. The read me I think goes into detail on why it's for that update too. Theirs not much point in being 2.17 anyways.

While what Doomotron said works, theirs another way you can do this if you don't want to delete your replays, photos, and course maker tracks. If you have jailbreak, you can use a file browser (AUP prevents me from saying the name) and delete the PDIPFS folder and Param.SFO in the games installation folder. Been a while since I've done this again, but I think you have to put a PARAM.SFO from an earlier update in the folder to make the game think you're on GT5 1.0, which may require having to boot into the PS3's recovery menu to rebuild the database. (sometimes I didn't have to) Once it does though, from there, you can update the game like normal until you're on 2.11.

Again, this is if you want to downgrade without losing your replays, photos and course maker tracks you made. If not, you're probably better off following what Doomotron said.
Thanks! I still take photos on GT5 make courses etc. And I didnt want to lose it.

I just made a thread about my photos.

Last edited:
Thank you. GT5 Master Mode is the best game in the world !!! Wooow, very good work !!! Now I need someone to explain to me how to create new events with the GT Event Editor. I have not found any explanation, for example where do I find the files that contain the data of the events. I searched my PS3 and couldn't find any folders containing this data. Thank you.

Last edited:
My Edit cars with Garage Editor:

Attachments

• 36770282_10214833335324264_344680840720023552_n.jpg
    36770282_10214833335324264_344680840720023552_n.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 68
  • Ahrweiler - Inverno.jpg
    Ahrweiler - Inverno.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 69
  • Berna - Marktgasse.jpg
    Berna - Marktgasse.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 68
  • Nürburgring - tipo V.jpg
    Nürburgring - tipo V.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 64
  • Nürburgring 24h.jpg
    Nürburgring 24h.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 65
  • Nürburgring Nordschleife.jpg
    Nürburgring Nordschleife.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 62
  • Piazza di Ahrweiler.jpg
    Piazza di Ahrweiler.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 67
Perfect mod, made the game much more interesting, I don't know if there will be more updates in the future, but for now it's perfect. Tested and approved on RPCS3 with version BCUS98114 (2.11).
Thank you so much for sharing this mod with us. ;)

My experience has been really good so far but unfortunately, it was not perfect. I've encountered an issue with the Civic Race in the beginner league. When I try to start the race the game just puts me in the Race Editor mode and it's impossible to win the race regardless of what I do. Is there a solution to this or is this a known issue? I'm playing on the latest version of RPCS3 with version BCES00569 on patch 2.11.

Some updates are planned, been a while.
Some questions about the next update:

1. Do you think you can disable the Ferrari limitation again? I recall you did one time, but it caused issues, so it was reverted. Though you later said you would try to remove it again if the issue can be resolved. With what you know now, I am hoping it can be.

2. Can you add the Ferrari F10 and F2007 to the list in the secret menu? They currently aren't in there. (and yes they will work with the Ferrari limitation disabled, I've done it myself)

3. According to Huks, the Polyphony Digital X1 from the QA demo has a distinctly different transmission sound from the others in the game. However, in the Master Mod it doesn't have this sound and just sounds like every other X2010 or X2011 in the game. Can you please restore it? Minor detail I know, but I really like the distinct sound it has from the others.

Last edited:
If you need to get an idea of what the X1 sounds like in the QA demo, it's easily heard with the bumper cam or when sitting idle on chase cam.

[1.9.0] 13/06/2023
Wow it sure has been a hot while since I modded instead of doing research/reverse-engineering/writing tools.
This is the first release of the mod that incorporates recompiled game code (arcade & main menu). It will also
expand to gtmode in the future, this is just a small update to test the waters.

Recompiled game code may cause issues - make a mention if this is the case

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks to ddm (https://twitter.com/ddm999) for the following arcade mode improvements!
* Filters (manufacturer, drivetrain, special categories)
* All Cars tab in car selection
* Power, Torque, Weight shown are always data values instead of display values
* Standard (aka PS2) courses can be shown/hidden from course select by pressing Triangle
* Master arcade difficulty
* SELECT shows/hides filters for arcade car select

Main Menu:
* Update main menu notice & year.
* Added credits screen.
* Main menu target framerate has been raised to 60 (vanilla locked to 30 - RPCS3 users with decent enough hardware can reach this target framerate.).
* The DLC menu is now accessible offline and can be used to install paid DLCs without entitlement.
* Added cut Red Bull Charity DLC packs.
* All previously unavailable buttons (Online Lounge, GPS Replay) are now available as-is.
* The debug menu can now be used to set money to 0.
* Added prompts to certain debug menu options.
* Fixed a bug with the vanilla debug menu which would reset units.
* Fixed a bug with the vanilla debug menu where the cursor was invisible.

Misc:
* Fixed an oversight where the tuning shop had options that did not function.

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/6ye4yod7voapb/

Preview
rpcs3_hI3NqAtIdq.png

obs64_SQLiGLlbwV.png

HI! Just installed your
[1.9.0] 13/06/2023
Wow it sure has been a hot while since I modded instead of doing research/reverse-engineering/writing tools.
This is the first release of the mod that incorporates recompiled game code (arcade & main menu). It will also
expand to gtmode in the future, this is just a small update to test the waters.

Recompiled game code may cause issues - make a mention if this is the case

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks to ddm (https://twitter.com/ddm999) for the following arcade mode improvements!
* Filters (manufacturer, drivetrain, special categories)
* All Cars tab in car selection
* Power, Torque, Weight shown are always data values instead of display values
* Standard (aka PS2) courses can be shown/hidden from course select by pressing Triangle
* Master arcade difficulty
* SELECT shows/hides filters for arcade car select

Main Menu:
* Update main menu notice & year.
* Added credits screen.
* Main menu target framerate has been raised to 60 (vanilla locked to 30 - RPCS3 users with decent enough hardware can reach this target framerate.).
* The DLC menu is now accessible offline and can be used to install paid DLCs without entitlement.
* Added cut Red Bull Charity DLC packs.
* All previously unavailable buttons (Online Lounge, GPS Replay) are now available as-is.
* The debug menu can now be used to set money to 0.
* Added prompts to certain debug menu options.
* Fixed a bug with the vanilla debug menu which would reset units.
* Fixed a bug with the vanilla debug menu where the cursor was invisible.

Misc:
* Fixed an oversight where the tuning shop had options that did not function.

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/6ye4yod7voapb/

Preview
Hi. Just installed the new update. I tried out the Arcade Mode Pikes Peak downhill(PS1) track and am getting a black void with the cars floating. I havent tried all maps but so far this one seems bugged. Issue on my end?

Back