1 lap magic kind of races

• Thread starter Neddo
  • 19 comments
No you don't understand.... I meant the races like mission 32 of GT4 where multiple generations of cars compete and older cars get headstarts and tha most powerful car has to catch up. Imagine Skyline 1 lap magic on a rainy Suzuka 2014! It doesn't have to be 1 lap it could be multiple laps with exceptions. Why couldn't they add them for single player? Maybe it would be annoying to wait for a long time but it would be nostalgic definetly

@Neddo they had it in gt5 it was the rally mode. they sort of have it here accept the drivers are the handicap because there so slow and you can catch them in a slower car say a vauxhall corsa then beating a Ferrari f430 . kinda reverse of what you want i suppose

No you don't understand.... I meant the races like mission 32 of GT4 where multiple generations of cars compete and older cars get headstarts and tha most powerful car has to catch up. Imagine Skyline 1 lap magic on a rainy Suzuka 2014! It doesn't have to be 1 lap it could be multiple laps with exceptions. Why couldn't they add them for single player? Maybe it would be annoying to wait for a long time but it would be nostalgic definetly
Catching up AI who have headstarts? That is GT6's single player.

It's still easy as dirt to catch up to powerful cars in less powerful cars, the other way around would just be shooting Skylines in a barrel. Unfortunately, the A.I. in GT6 isn't capable enough for this. The closest we get is the NISMO GT-R lap of Sierra.

One lap magic, awesome timing. Just this morning I created a replication of (Mission 34 in GT4) the SLR McLaren '03 @ Nordschleife. Obv we cannot add other cars in events, so I just set it up for a TT with the stock SLR '03 @ 616(i think?) hp, whatever the car had in that GT4 challenge. For an approximation of the time that you would need to get to beat the 300SL, i just loaded up a youtube video of someone barely beating the challenge, then figured out what lap you would need to get to just beat him (it's around 7:11).

One and only tool from PD that cures this and many other wishes would be offline event creator with many options, possibility of making exact opponents with particular cars equiped with particular tyres, handicaps, track sections etc. That's still one of the very missing features of GT...

If you want something like that online, you'd have to know how much time it would take to make it possible, then it would depends on the drivers skills, letting themselves pass without blocking, keeping their lines, how fast they can push each cars they have, etc...

If you end up in a terrible lobby, it would suddenly look like an A-Spec time trial where the AI is moving all over the track not really knowing what they're supposed to do, except that it would be actual people moving all over the place which would be like someone said above, a "crash fest ramming to the finish line" or something of that sort, I really wouldn't enjoy it.

If you go in to Arcade mode and try an oval track such as Indy and use say the Redbull Junior cars, you can do 1 lap races; That have one hell of a close finish if you come in first might I add.

But as NixxxoN put it:
One lap races are for the long Nurburgring variants and Circuito de la Sierra.

Let's not also forget Le Mans, SSRX, SSR7, and the rally tracks Chamonix and Eiger Norwand (K Trail).

I hosted a 1 Lap Sierra room a few weeks ago.
600PP Limit and SM tyres, That seemed to keep away most of the fools,
and the others were crashed out of sight early on.

another 5 of us had good racing till the end. we all had little incidents and ran off the road here and there, most times we would even slow down until that person caught back up.

Let's not also forget Le Mans, SSRX, SSR7, and the rally tracks Chamonix and Eiger Norwand (K Trail).
Le Mans its 2 laps because it takes about half the time to lap as the ring.
I dont think you can really race properly in those rally tracks (its for time attacks only) and I think SSRX and SSR7 are boring.

I think that this would be an amazing offline feature which would be fun (If only it would give you choice to skip waiting)

Back