1 race left`

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTP_Monkey
  • 30 comments
  • 2,411 views

B-Spec Nurburgring what should i give them.

  • Easy win X2010

    Votes: 33 71.7%
  • Group C or LMP

    Votes: 11 23.9%
  • Other

    Votes: 2 4.3%

  • Total voters
    46

GTP_Monkey

May the force be with you
Premium
Messages
3,024
England
Top Valley, NG5
Ive got the 24hr Nurburgring in B-spec to complete, Now should i just give my bobs there X2010 or give them a group C to see if they can win.
 
I'd just use the X2010, it'll make you feel happier for crushing the competition so much.
:sly:
 
It's the difference between starting the race, then entertaining yourself (eating, drinking, sleeping, TV, films etc.) for a day, then collecting an easy reward, or 24 hours of commands, pit strategys, frustration, broken DS3 etc. then collecting a mediocre reward and being exhausted.

I would go for the X2010 or FGT any day.👍
 
I'm sure he'll do fine in an LMP or Group C car. Just keep his pace up, but not too high (about in the middle). When the field starts to thin out, the other drivers will start to pace down to their minimum pace. You do have 24 hours to work with. So it's not as difficult as it may seem. the only real difficult part is staying up the full 24 hours because, to my recollection, you cannot pause a B-Spec race, which really sucks (at least for me).
 
A tuned 787B, 908 HDi or a R10 TDi will do the job, but it's with weather changes & the bobs are dump as bread when it comes to tire choice. :banghead:

Even if you started with racing soft tires, they switching to racing hard tires after a rain stint. Means you have to baby sit your bobs from time to time to win the race.

I've done/doing now the 24hr Nürburgring the last days to level up all my drivers to lvl 40 & my best tip is: X2010 = start & forget for the next 24hrs. :dopey:👍
 
I'd use the FGT instead of putting miles on an X2010. Much easier car to replace.

I have a "beater" FGT for these long races.
 
I used the Toyota GT ONE and ended up in 3rd or 4th place. Early on I monitored the bobs and had them in first place quite easily. After I woke up he was down from the leaders. I pushed him back up again and then walked away and when I got back to the the race near the end and he was a lap down from the leaders with little time to close back up. I only moved him back up one place at that time.

You'd think that a (user) modified LMP car would beat the compitition but the GT ONE was not the best car. Perhaps the 88C-V would do it, or maybe the C9 . . . modified of course ;)

I think that's the only one my bob's didn't gold on. I may redo it while the network is partially down . . . again (widget no workie).

As for wearing out your X2010, just use a borrowed one if you have the option. I have been doing that with the grinding if I'm not checking out performance of a new purchase. I use my sub-account that is at level 38. Once the sub-account was at level 35 I started loaning it to my main account.

:)
 
Wasn't there a bug once, that the AI drivers start to be to tired to race more than one round? So they pit every round to change the driver?

I think I read something like that once and I experienced it to in A-Spec with the 9 hour enduro.

However I don't know if this was patched already, can someone confirm if this is still true?
 
I'd use the FGT instead of putting miles on an X2010. Much easier car to replace.

I have a "beater" FGT for these long races.

Just remember you can borrow cars from friends, and they don't gain mileage.

But the 'beater' FGT is also a good way to go.
 
If you set the pit strength level to anything they will start to pit after very few laps. I have since always left my pit strength off. Don't touch it! :D
 
If you set the pit strength level to anything they will start to pit after very few laps. I have since always left my pit strength off. Don't touch it! :D

That wasn't exactly what I meant. I was talking about the AI drivers, the opponents of your Bobs, because they once had a min strenght level of 5-10%, so they pittet automatically if their strength was below that level. Is it still that way? Because if it is your Bob gets a "bonus" of about 20-30 seconds per round after some hours, because the opponents pit and your bob doesnt.
 
once had a min strenght level of 5-10%, so they pittet automatically

I haven't seen them pit every lap. If this was a glitch, I suspect it's been fixed, but I never even heard of this glitch. I heard a lot of people complain about their own B spec AI pitting over and over like morons, but not the AI.

After the AI pits, even at the end of an endurance race, they seem to have 100% strength. IMO, this is a little bit unfair. I think it would be fixed if your own B spec guys get 100% strength in the same way the opponents do.

Anyway, I can't prove a negative, but I don't think this is a problem right now.
 
I'd use the x2010. Why not? Start the race and forget it for 24 hours. It takes long enough to get the that race so why babysit a driver in a car that is equal to the competition, especially a 24 hour race? Set it and forget it and cash in that ticket yo!
 
I'd use the FGT instead of putting miles on an X2010. Much easier car to replace.

I have a "beater" FGT for these long races.

Yeah, I must agree. I never give Bob my X2010. I have half a dozen FGTs, one of which I exclusively use for Bob, so that's what I'd burn on the event.
 
I've not payed too much attention to what the AI competition does.

But if we assume the opponent AI is controlled by the same program that runs the bobs maybe they do, or did at one time.
 
Just remember you can borrow cars from friends, and they don't gain mileage.

But the 'beater' FGT is also a good way to go.

This is the only thing the X2010 is good for, B spec guaranteed racing, so why worry about mileage on it, its not like a 100,000 mile x2010 is going to get so slow you cant wipe the floor with anything still
 
Celebrate your last race victory fighting and go with a car that'll keep it close. R92CP, 787B or something along the lines of that... :boggled:

Although just doing it simples with the X2010 isn't too bad if you wanna do it. ;)
 
I'd agree with the comment re Bobs ability in changing weather conditions, he's not too bright there and 24 hours is a long time to race again. I went for the FGT.
 
This is the only thing the X2010 is good for, B spec guaranteed racing, so why worry about mileage on it, its not like a 100,000 mile x2010 is going to get so slow you cant wipe the floor with anything still

Yeah, good point.

I'm not immune to the Obsessive Compulsive Disorder that a lot of GT gamers suffer from, hoping to optimize everything.

But the X1 is only good for Bspec racing, at least for me, and it's just as good with 50000000 miles as it is with zero.

but the real answer to the question depends on the intention. If all you want to do is win for sure, use an F1 or X1. If you want a real GT experience where you slog through 24 hours of supervision, pick a lesser car.

I can't stay with the PS3 for 24 hours, so it's an easy call for me.
 
Well i sent him out in his own vettal, 48,000 miles he's done in it so another 3,000 aint gonna hurt plus he wont need babysitting LOL.
 
I used the FGT, since I didn't want to be involved. Avoid setting the pit strength to anything but off.

I checked in during the 'night' and found it was fun to sit in the cockpit view while B Spec Bob hammered around the ring with no lights.
 
Proud to have completed A-Spec enduranes races before the wimps version is released

LOL.

I have had a PS3 for several years, and I doubt I've ever even had four hours free to just game away. 24 hours? HAHA.

Though yeah, that's pretty impressive. If they do patch it to allow saves, perhaps they should give you a higher purse if you don't use the saves.

Racing 24 hours of nurburgring is simply beyond me.
 
LOL.

I have had a PS3 for several years, and I doubt I've ever even had four hours free to just game away. 24 hours? HAHA.

Though yeah, that's pretty impressive. If they do patch it to allow saves, perhaps they should give you a higher purse if you don't use the saves.

Racing 24 hours of nurburgring is simply beyond me.

To be honest ive waited 2 months for in-game save and really got fed up waiting. So with only 2 races left both being the 24 nurburgring I set about these, A-spec started last friday and finished yesterday in a bog standard 908 only change was racing soft.
Then took my bobs offline and cashed in with enough xp to reach level 40 B-spec this lunch so bob is now 10 hours into the last race.
Ive done 3 A-spec le-man 24hr but got to say the nurburgring 24hr was amazing and hope to do again and again hopefully before the patch.
 
I have managed to do the 24hr Ring race 5 times in GT4 all A-spec but have yet to reach level 40 to qualify for GT5's version.Fastest time was 29 1/2hrs by my clock.I cant wait to see the Ring at night.
As for PD adding a patch. I dont really care if they do as long as the user of the save is then required to finish the race all a-spec before moving around the game and doing other career forwarding actions. So if you save you either continue on with the race to completion next time or you abandon the race alltogether.
I will race all 24hrs of either enduro before I do any other career actions regardless of any patch offered.
 
Rit
I have managed to do the 24hr Ring race 5 times in GT4 all A-spec but have yet to reach level 40 to qualify for GT5's version.Fastest time was 29 1/2hrs by my clock.I cant wait to see the Ring at night.
As for PD adding a patch. I dont really care if they do as long as the user of the save is then required to finish the race all a-spec before moving around the game and doing other career forwarding actions. So if you save you either continue on with the race to completion next time or you abandon the race alltogether.
I will race all 24hrs of either enduro before I do any other career actions regardless of any patch offered.

You wont regret it absolutely fantastic.

Just another angle on the 24hr if PD put in game save, Do you think it would spoil it it ? i know we pause it now but thats not the same as you cant do anything else on your PS3 and you do feel as though your should finish as soon as you can, I mean if you have game save would it really feel the same if say you did it over a 2 week period.
 
You wont regret it absolutely fantastic.
[...] i know we pause it now but thats not the same as you cant do anything else on your PS3 and you do feel as though your should finish as soon as you can,

So you mean fantastic in that literal 'it is simply a fantasy' sense?

Because if you paused your PS3 and took a nap, had a meal, or even went to work and came back, then it's exactly the same as using a game save. There is no epic feat of endurance. It's just a minor feat of coping with being annoyed that your PS3 is unable to play anything but this one race until you quit or finish.

I mean, that's not really a big deal that deserves to be preserved.

Ideally, PD goes ahead and gives you the game save you needed. You can play nothing but this race if you choose to, while you take the breaks you took anyway, without YLOD risks or a bigger power bill. And your family can enjoy the PS3 too.

And, for the hardcore, maybe PD could make a special prize for people who finish the race without pausing the PS3 or saving the game. But then, someone would have an aneurism and sue.

No, it seems like if you quit the game to do something else, only you did so while leaving the PS3 on and paused, saving the game to RAM instead of the HDD, and quitting by walking away instead of turning the PS3 off, then you should really be pleased when game saves are implemented.
 
@ Mark2002...I've never thought about other games being played on the PS3 in any saved time out. I can understand the concerns people have with other life issues being first in their "to do list"...As for taking 2 weeks to complete,as my first go round was exactly that,it wasn't nearly the experience that 29 1/2hrs was to be sure!..With a controller no less,wont be doing it that fast ever again,Ouch!...My wrist and thumbs were useless for days.
In my mind they're called enduros for a reason. Because they are to be endured. A pause in any game is a must for obvious reasons. With a save feature that allows free reign over other career aspects(advancements via other races) you would be allowing the race to be divided into bite sized easy to swallow portions and thus defeating the whole purpose behind the event.
I'm not against a save feature that would allow another psn user on that system to race as that would be ideal for many households..In my mind if you start a 24hr race,all A-spec,then that user must finish that race before being allowed to advance in the game in however long they wish to take.A save with those parameters would work for me.
Happy to hear more thoughts on this from anyone!
 
Rit
@ Mark2002...I've never thought about other games being played on the PS3 in any saved time out. I can understand the concerns people have with other life issues being first in their "to do list"...As for taking 2 weeks to complete,as my first go round was exactly that,it wasn't nearly the experience that 29 1/2hrs was to be sure!..With a controller no less,wont be doing it that fast ever again,Ouch!...My wrist and thumbs were useless for days.
In my mind they're called enduros for a reason. Because they are to be endured. A pause in any game is a must for obvious reasons. With a save feature that allows free reign over other career aspects(advancements via other races) you would be allowing the race to be divided into bite sized easy to swallow portions and thus defeating the whole purpose behind the event.
I'm not against a save feature that would allow another psn user on that system to race as that would be ideal for many households..In my mind if you start a 24hr race,all A-spec,then that user must finish that race before being allowed to advance in the game in however long they wish to take.A save with those parameters would work for me.
Happy to hear more thoughts on this from anyone!

I fully agree with you. when i did any of the 24 hr races thats all I did plus sleep race sleep race nothing more, wife had to bring me food and drinks while racing, she thought i was mad at my age LOL. I dont disagree with game save at all infact i'm all for it for the reasons you state [read earlier posts you will see i waited months for this gamesave and still not here yet] As you say game save should be done as not to be able to progress at all, you should only be allowed to carry on the race nothing more IMO, thus hopefully putting a stop to YLOD which I thought was only affecting the older fatties, am wrong and can it affect the slim PS3's.

Well done on your 29.5 hours bet that was hard my first 24hr le.man was just over 36 hrs and although the racing was'nt to hard the time involved knackered me, at my age and partialy disabled but I did try to do all attenpts within 40 hours failing this one as had a 8 drive IRL saturday to collect mum from Gatwick mid race. I'm now recovered and watching bob do is bit LOL.
 
Last edited:
I haven't seen them pit every lap. If this was a glitch, I suspect it's been fixed, but I never even heard of this glitch. I heard a lot of people complain about their own B spec AI pitting over and over like morons, but not the AI.

After the AI pits, even at the end of an endurance race, they seem to have 100% strength. IMO, this is a little bit unfair. I think it would be fixed if your own B spec guys get 100% strength in the same way the opponents do.

Anyway, I can't prove a negative, but I don't think this is a problem right now.

It IS still a problem, and it IS affecting the AI. The effect is only really noticeable on the really long endurance races and has been described in other threads before. In short, the AI drivers will pit like they are set to come in at a minimum strength level, and when the recuperation phase until their next stint is too short, they will enter the next stint with less strength, thus shortening the recuperation phase for the other drivers even more. After a while, they will enter their stints with almost no strength, and the pit-symbol will come up immediately when they leave the pits therefore going one lap only in each stint.

This effect will NOT occur, if the track/car-combination offers enough recuperation time for the other drivers, i.e. the stints are long enough.

The AI definitely does NOT generally have 100% strength at the end of any endurance race. Bear in mind, that the AI also changes drivers like you are, so there are up to 4 drivers, each with different strengths also for the AI.

And, just for the record, the AI drivers behave EXACTLY like your bobs, just that you can change your bobs' pitting strategy.
 
NOT Happy 45 mins from end of B-spec 24hr Nurburgring and wife unplugs PS3 at the mains to do the hoovering. :grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy:
 
Back