1-Series M Coupe

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mazerati
  • 46 comments
  • 2,543 views

Mazerati

(Banned)
Messages
369
Italy
Italy, Florence
O.K, here goes; Who in the right mind would spend £40,000 on a ghastly 1-Series with a Subtle-but-tacky bodykit and 'a bit' more power??? The whole car is a visual offense to the rest of the M-Power cars.
 
What's the word I'm thinking of... oh yeah, opinion. Everybody has their own.
 
What's the word I'm thinking of... oh yeah, opinion. Everybody has their own.

Well, i think i've shown mine well :) Although i can't see how anyone can disagree with it.
 
It's not a pretty thing, it doesnt have an m-specific engine, it uses some parts from the M3, but it is undeniably fast. That said, I'd take the M3 any day for a number of reasons.
 
Well, i think i've shown mine well :) Although i can't see how anyone can disagree with it.

Uh, I think I can. Look at the M3's power dome, for example. The styling of the M3 in general is pretty in-your-face as well. Even the M5 isn't exactly a subtle design.

I've never been that much of a fan of BMW's 1 series to begin with, but out of the 1s there are, the 1M Coupe appeals to me the most. I'd still rather shell put a bit more for an M3 (or buy a used with one with almost no milage instead).

Regarding the price... I thought it was generally well known that BMW didn't exactly offer the cheapest cars around, right?
 
"out of the 1s there are, the 1M Coupe appeals to me the most"
You make a good few points, but calling the 1-Series M-Coupe the most appealing 1-Series, isn't exactly a strong point for it.
 
It sure isn't, but given how many 1s I see on the road every day (almost as many as the 5 series), I think there are quite a lot of people who like the 1. For that demographic, the 1M is probably all fine and dandy.

And, I gotta say, while I don't like the 1's exterior styling that much (still not that bad in my opinion), it is a nice car to drive.
 
I think I saw somewhere that the 1M was a couple of milliseconds faster around Valencia or somewhere, IIRC.
 
I would buy it.
For the price, it's hugely fast. Not going to find a similiar one speced, equipped at Audi's or Merc's. The interior is really nice.

And the 1 series is a lot but surly not ugly. Especially in the coupé.
 
Also the car is $20,000 less in the United States. So it appears a better deal to me, than you guys.
 
In Germany, the 1M starts at 42.000€, excluding taxes. The M3, for comparison, starts at 58.000€, excluding taxes. 16 grand seems to be a reasonable difference, in my opinion.

At least with the price, there should be nothing to really complain about. It's a BMW M, after all...
 
1M is $46,000 in America. :D
 
Well, i think i've shown mine well :) Although i can't see how anyone can disagree with it.
2 sentences about how you can't believe people would pay for a car you don't consider good looking is giving a well thought opinion?

:lol:

See this. I disagree, completely. If there wasn't such a demand for them right now & they were a little more affordable, I'd pick one up. But, then I'd be kicking myself b/c there'll supposedly be a CSL variant at the end of its production run.
 
I think its actually very, very pretty looking. ANd I disagree with everything you said. 100%
 
1M is $46,000 in America. :D

Wow, is that including taxes? If so, it'd almost be cheaper to buy one in the US and ship it over to Europe, considering the current exchange rates.

God, if I just had a little more money... I'd so abuse the economical situation on the US :lol:
 
Wow, is that including taxes? If so, it'd almost be cheaper to buy one in the US and ship it over to Europe, considering the current exchange rates.

God, if I just had a little more money... I'd so abuse the economical situation on the US :lol:

I bet they have a way to get around that with new cars. Here there is about a 35% tax which means it would probably mean it's cheaper to buy and import a US car, but I am pretty sure you have to pay taxes when it gets here anyway. If it isn't that way, I don't see why everyone isn't importing cars, so I'm pretty sure it isn't that way
 
Perhaps that's why a friend of mine had to sign some weird paperwork when he bought his new GTI saying that he wouldn't export the car?
 
The weird thing about the 1M is that it simply does not evoke any kind of emotional reaction from me whatsoever. The automotive press can go on and on about how pleasant the car is to drive and how wonderful it sounds, but it is just not what I would have liked it to be. The pricing in my mind is what it is, more than it probably should be, but justifiable when sitting somewhere between the sDrive35is and M3.
 
I just saw it on Topgear and i like the look of it.

But i wont drive one for a few reasons.

It is a BMW and i hate them.
It is a FR, I am not a fan of that layout.
 
I just saw it on Topgear and i like the look of it.
It is a FR, I am not a fan of that layout.

:eek:

Seriously... I cannot believe I just read that!!!

and you call yourself an Australian *shakes head*

OT: I'd own one
 
What you want me to drive the what i see as cars like commodor and falcon?

I hate those cars, they are overrated.
 
I just saw it on Topgear and i like the look of it.

But i wont drive one for a few reasons.

It is a BMW and i hate them.
It is a FR, I am not a fan of that layout.

?!

Explain both of these for us?
 
What you want me to drive the what i see as cars like commodor and falcon?

I hate those cars, they are overrated.

I'm assuming you will love them when they go FF/AWD?

Cheaper and laps quicker than an M3, manual gearbox. What's not to love about the 1M?
 
It is a FR, I am not a fan of that layout.

What you want me to drive the what i see as cars like commodor and falcon?

I hate those cars, they are overrated.

KkJBd.jpg
 
I'd buy 1-series M coupe in a heartbeat. I like the looks, performance, size.. it's a bonkers BMW, like E30 M3 Evolution, and better bang for buck than M3.
 
It really bugs me when people complain about the price of a car. Not sure why. Anyway, the 1M is a smaller 335i with the M3s suspension, is that about right?

It's fast, nimble, well built and I can't afford one. It has a fake side scoop. Why? Who knows.

The end.
 
I'd buy 1-series M coupe in a heartbeat. I like the looks, performance, size.. it's a bonkers BMW, like E30 M3 Evolution, and better bang for buck than M3.

Agreed. 👍
 
What you want me to drive the what i see as cars like commodor and falcon?

I hate those cars, they are overrated.

I never mentioned those vehicles... and to base an opinion on a driveline platform off the shoulders of a pair of family cars is a little... well you can pick the word to fill that gap with. :)
 
I never mentioned those vehicles... and to base an opinion on a driveline platform off the shoulders of a pair of family cars is a little... well you can pick the word to fill that gap with. :)

Well their are no FR's i liked that were in my price range.

If i had the money i would have gotten a nice japanese FR.


?!

Explain both of these for us?

1: I just dont like BMW, could stem from the fact they bought out mini and make them less MINI.

2: I like to drive FF cars as i lernt to drive in one and when i got my first car it also was an FF and i adapted my driving style to it.
 
Last edited:
Back