1 tab setting changed the other

• Thread starter Mach 5
  • 9 comments
United States
IA
mdc3973
Has anyone noticed if you change the settings in say car settings tab A that it'll change the power setting in tab B. Is there a way to fix this or are we stuck with it?

I think that happens if you install a major (can't think of a better way to put it) part to a car, such as the staged engine upgrades or weight reduction.

I think that happens if you install a major (can't think of a better way to put it) part to a car, such as the staged engine upgrades or weight reduction.

Yeah, I've been seeing it on the Eng. Tuning Stages with the cars I've set the Weight Dist. close to 50/50.
I'll play around with the Weight Dist. and see if it goes away.

Weight reduction stage, engine stage, and turbo will always change on ALL settings when changed on one. You can and should put a note on each sheet, such as add eng stg 3, or remove. That's what I do, other settings stay with each sheet.

+1

And, changing power parts between tabs will also change transmission settings. Always set transmissions last and reset from default if you change power parts.

The transmission only changes if the RPM changes with the change of parts. In reference to the OP, that would be Engine upgrades only IIRC.
I thought the turbo stayed with the tab did that get "updated"?

Then that bring up the question, How do you use and label your tab settings?
I used to label mine 450pp, 500pp & 550pp. Now I have rethink the whole things.

For me I marked them with the Initial Final Gear number, and Engine/Weight upgrades eg E2W4 where in use on the tab.
Note if you have an engine upgrade in place on one tab but not another, change it to the upgrade and cycle the tab, (switch off and come back) it should keep the transmission in place.
As long as you don't change other parts or weight changes once you correct the parts it will go back to the correct PP.
My personal preference was to use the same engine and weight upgrades across all builds on the car so that I didn't have to worry about it. Just change everything else.

Back